The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye on that infamous bottle

+16
Union Cane
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
azania
hampo17
Super D Boon
SuperCert
Strongback
The genius of PBF
KingMonkey
manos de piedra
smashingstormcrow
TopHat24/7
compelling and rich
quentins_monkey
Rowley
bhb001
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Haye on that infamous bottle Empty Haye on that infamous bottle

Post by bhb001 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:39 am

Taken from the BBC website today: -

Speaking on ITV's That Sunday Night Show, Haye added: "It was a glass bottle but, if I'd had my mobile phone in my hand, it would have been a mobile phone.

"If I'd had a hot dog in my hand, it would have been [that].

"It wasn't a beer either, it was a bottle of lemonade."

I can't see this argument being popular in a court of law. "I just prodded him sir with my hand. The knife just happened to be there. If I was holding a stick of celery, he would have been prodded by a vegetable!".

Last edited by bhb001 on Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Haye on that infamous bottle Empty Re: Haye on that infamous bottle

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:09 am

On the back of his statement in which he accepted zero responsibilty would it really be beyond the man to show a little contrition. Arrogant, self obsessed charlatan, please retire and stay retired.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:13 am

What an utter muppet - I used to be a Haye fan but echo your sentiments Rowley... cannot for the life of me grasp what he is trying to achieve here...

Definitely think he should stay retired if he cannot see the difference between a glass bottle and a hot dog...

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:15 am

by the time haye does actually retire doubt anybody will remember his boxing career just more what a complete Winkle he is/was!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:18 am

Funny thing is, it did look like a lemonade bottle to me. However it looked like a bottle of 'Mikes Hard Lemonade' which you get loads over in the States.

Maybe Haye thought 'Hard' was meant to refer to its drinkers, not to its alcohol content...!

Dunno who the bird was on the show, but it did make me giggle when she was invited to ask a question and asked "How's your toe, David?". Hahaha.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:48 am

There is a difference between punching someone while holding a bottle, and hitting someone with a bottle.

If you wanted to use a bottle as a weapon, you'd hold it upside down, compared with the way you'd hold it for drinking. Haye was holding the bottle upright, i.e. the way you'd hold it to drink from. Therefore his fist made contact first... and if the bottle did hit Chisora, it would have been an incidental, glancing blow. If he actually had hit him with the bottle, there would have been broken glass and a lot of blood.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:58 am

I dont think Haye has a career as a defence lawyer after boxing.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:01 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Dunno who the bird was on the show, but it did make me giggle when she was invited to ask a question and asked "How's your toe, David?". Hahaha.

He never will escape that. Ever. And he has only himself to blame.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:41 am

smashingstormcrow wrote:There is a difference between punching someone while holding a bottle, and hitting someone with a bottle.

If you wanted to use a bottle as a weapon, you'd hold it upside down, compared with the way you'd hold it for drinking. Haye was holding the bottle upright, i.e. the way you'd hold it to drink from. Therefore his fist made contact first... and if the bottle did hit Chisora, it would have been an incidental, glancing blow. If he actually had hit him with the bottle, there would have been broken glass and a lot of blood.

I don't think that's the issue here - more the fact that since the debacle Haye has taken no responsibility nor made any apologies for his actions, regardless of whether he intended to connect with the bottle or not. And then to go on TV and spout nonsense about a hotdog just further proves what a muppet he is.

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:48 am

rowley wrote:On the back of his statement in which he accepted zero responsibilty would it really be beyond the man to show a little contrition. Arrogant, self obsessed charlatan, please retire and stay retired.

He acted in self defence and did nothing wrong...Why should he let someone come up to him and hit him in the face...I guess the likes of Ali, Frazier, Lewis, Tyson etc should have retired once they had their brawls.

Funny how people who know him say he is down to earth...He will come back and knock Vitali Klitschko out if Boente grows a pair.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:50 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNKVaXQJR0s&feature=player_embedded

Here is the interview I see nothing wrong with what he says.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:50 am

My understanding was Haye threw the first punch, if this is indeed the case it is pure speculation Chisora was going to hit him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:52 am

rowley wrote:My understanding was Haye threw the first punch, if this is indeed the case it is pure speculation Chisora was going to hit him.

Chisora put his fist on his face..."I will beat Haye up when I see him"..."I will break his jaw"..."I will give you (Haye) two slaps".

Yep Chisora really was going to give Haye a hug.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:56 am

Or a kiss.....

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:57 am

Well given Chisora had said all those things you could perhaps argue attending the press conference after he had just lost a world title fight was not the shrewdest of ideas.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:58 am

manos de piedra wrote:Or a kiss.....

Would be worse than Haye getting punched in the face.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:58 am

This has been said (better) on another thread Rowley, but throwing the first punch is practically irrelevant. All Haye needs to prove is a genuinely held belief of a threat of imminent danger, which given Chisora is a) a nutter; b) a convicted wife-beater; c) had theatened to seriously injure Haye before, when he next saw him; and d) actually made the first contact, thrusting (albeit not hitting) his fist into Haye's jaw/throat; I think Haye would probably do alright in a court of law.

In fact, I doubt it'd even get that far as the CPS probably wouldn't even consider there was enough of a case to bring charges.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:00 am

rowley wrote:Well given Chisora had said all those things you could perhaps argue attending the press conference after he had just lost a world title fight was not the shrewdest of ideas.

He was invited by Chisora's promoter...... Rolling Eyes Still doesn't make it a wise thing to do mind.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:01 am

rowley wrote:Well given Chisora had said all those things you could perhaps argue attending the press conference after he had just lost a world title fight was not the shrewdest of ideas.

Haye was trying to get the fight with Vitali on as Klitschko had called him out after the fight...Like he said in the interview if he had known this would happen he would not have gone.

Haye is not to blame for Chisora's temper problems.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:04 am

Haye lives in a bubble where he is always right and where himself and Booth are the premium superstars of boxing".

I blame Haye's mother for his spoilt brat antics. There is no contrition from Haye because he doesn't have any comprehension of the possibilty that he could be in the wrong.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:04 am

I know top hat and am also of the opinion that given Chisora's past expecting him to start something was not disproportionate, but my view is there are things both fighters could have and should have done to stop it getting to that point.

On Haye's part he knows Chisora has made threats before and is not the most stable of guys, also knew on the back of a defeat his mood was hardly likely to be too cheery, given this surely would have been wise to not attend the conference, because just my opinion but he only went to shoot his mouth off and try and shoehorn his was into a Vitali fight.

On Chisora's part he should have remained on the stage and not approached Haye, if he doesn't stand up this does not happen. However where I have an issue is in that Chisora has accepted his part in this and that his actions were not acceptable, personally don't think it is unreasonable to expect Haye to do similar.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperCert Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:15 am

rowley wrote:My understanding was Haye threw the first punch, if this is indeed the case it is pure speculation Chisora was going to hit him.

That's exactly how I see it.

SuperCert

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 27 Feb 2012, 12:49 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:This has been said (better) on another thread Rowley, but throwing the first punch is practically irrelevant. All Haye needs to prove is a genuinely held belief of a threat of imminent danger, which given Chisora is a) a nutter; b) a convicted wife-beater; c) had theatened to seriously injure Haye before, when he next saw him; and d) actually made the first contact, thrusting (albeit not hitting) his fist into Haye's jaw/throat; I think Haye would probably do alright in a court of law.

In fact, I doubt it'd even get that far as the CPS probably wouldn't even consider there was enough of a case to bring charges.

But what about the tripod launch? How do you defend that? Haye was in no imminent danger when he decided to set to the sky a camera holding receptacle to land smack on one's trainer's melon Laugh

The way I see it Haye is culpable of inflaming the situation by calling Del Boy a loser (provocation) and throwing a heavy tripod in the general direction of anything breathing (dangerous behaviour). Can't see how he gets off scot free. And as people have said, he's a vulva who ought to have some remorse for the incident.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 12:56 pm

The tripod just happened to be in his hand when he moved his hand in a throwing motion. It could just have well been a bag of marshmellows.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:17 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:This has been said (better) on another thread Rowley, but throwing the first punch is practically irrelevant. All Haye needs to prove is a genuinely held belief of a threat of imminent danger, which given Chisora is a) a nutter; b) a convicted wife-beater; c) had theatened to seriously injure Haye before, when he next saw him; and d) actually made the first contact, thrusting (albeit not hitting) his fist into Haye's jaw/throat; I think Haye would probably do alright in a court of law.

But what about the tripod launch? How do you defend that? Haye was in no imminent danger when he decided to set to the sky a camera holding receptacle to land smack on one's trainer's melon Laugh

The way I see it Haye is culpable of inflaming the situation by calling Del Boy a loser (provocation) and throwing a heavy tripod in the general direction of anything breathing (dangerous behaviour). Can't see how he gets off scot free. And as people have said, he's a vulva who ought to have some remorse for the incident.

Can't defend the tripod, but as that was against his own man who presumably wouldn't press charges I could only see a case forming around the Chisora fracas. The tipod would have to be dealt with as justice a public order offence - i.e. police speak for "we're arresting you for being a twit".

I think it's 50:50 between them blamewise, both provoked, both could've stopped it, neither did so neither's blameless.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:55 pm

Frank Warren should be shouldering some of the blame as should Chisorsas trainer, it's their job to keep him under control and neither did anything to stop it. Same could be said for Adam Booth.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:58 pm

All you guys blaming Haye for the brawl, can you tell me what you expect him to do given the situation.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:59 pm

Fairly sure if you read the thread Az most are not blaming him, however most are saying he is not blameless, they are not the same thing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:08 pm

He is being blamed for throwing the first punch and for being at the pressers. I have argued before that Haye should shoulder little to none of the responsibility. What he said last night was fine.

The only thing he did wrong was the tripod issue.

All this moral indignation is pretty pathetic imo. No harm done to anyone and boxing on the front pages. Win win all round.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:14 pm

No harm done? Adam Booth might disagree.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:32 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:No harm done? Adam Booth might disagree.....

Suspect the British Boxing Board of Control may also disagree.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:34 pm

rowley wrote:

Suggest the German Police Force may also disagree

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:37 pm

Anyone else disagree? No? Just Az then.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:47 pm

Let him press charges then.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:48 pm

rowley wrote:

Haye doesn't need them. He can get a licence somewhere else. BBBC may take the moral high ground, but they will be the ones who would look silly when all the dust has settled.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:49 pm

bhb001 wrote:
rowley wrote:

Suggest the German Police Force may also disagree

Nothing will happen. Like nothing happened to Chisora.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 2:51 pm

This is typical British mentality. Brits love to knock down people in the public eye. Maybe its just envy. But it seems a very British trait. Americans dont do it, Euro dont do it. Africans dont do it or Asians. Just the British. You chaps build people up only to knock them down. Look at the way Hatton was ridiculed.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:03 pm

azania wrote:

Americans dont do it, Euro dont do it. Africans dont do it or Asians.

4 realz?

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:04 pm

This is typical British mentality. Brits love to knock down people in the public eye. Maybe its just envy. But it seems a very British trait. Americans dont do it, Euro dont do it. Africans dont do it or Asians. Just the British. You chaps build people up only to knock them down. Look at the way Hatton was ridiculed.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:04 pm

azania wrote: Look at the way Hatton was ridiculed.

Totally agree, I remember his first fight after the loss to Mayweather, why he only managed to draw 55,000 fans to that one, we are a fickle bunch.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:06 pm

azania wrote:
rowley wrote:

Haye doesn't need them. He can get a licence somewhere else. BBBC may take the moral high ground, but they will be the ones who would look silly when all the dust has settled.

To be honest, I think it's very shaky moral high ground if they do. How do you allow a convicted wife-beater to keep his licence and box on then remove it when he scuffles with another boxer?

Is that not condoning wife-beating as a lesser crime than rumbling with a man fully capable of defending himself??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:06 pm

rowley wrote:
azania wrote: Look at the way Hatton was ridiculed.

Totally agree, I remember his first fight after the loss to Mayweather, why he only managed to draw 55,000 fans to that one, we are a fickle bunch.

What has that got to do with him being ridiculed now (and after the Paq fight?)

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:08 pm

azania wrote:Brits love to knock down people in the public eye.

This is a well known fact. Happens to Andy Murray every year. Tell us something we don't know.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:10 pm

Union Cane wrote:
azania wrote:Brits love to knock down people in the public eye.

This is a well known fact. Happens to Andy Murray every year. Tell us something we don't know.

Brits have good teeth? Whistle

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:11 pm

The French smell of garlic and Italians have greasy hair, I don't see the relevance?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:12 pm

Hatton wasnt and isnt ridiculed by the overwhelming majority of British people. He remains one of Britains best loved fighters.

Some stuff, like his weight and drinking are joked about but generally in good humour.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:12 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
rowley wrote:

To be honest, I think it's very shaky moral high ground if they do. How do you allow a convicted wife-beater to keep his licence and box on then remove it when he scuffles with another boxer?

Is that not condoning wife-beating as a lesser crime than rumbling with a man fully capable of defending himself??

He wasn't married but I get your point. The matter was dealt with in the courts and should be left there. This was still a part of a boxing event so the BBBC should have a say on theirlicence holder. That said, they should just slap his wrist and let him fight. No ban, no nothing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:13 pm

Well it gives lie to this love to build them up to knock them down cliche, so what if he was ridiculed, it was a pretty inept performance, ridicule was inevitable. However despite this, despite drug issues he still has huge popular support from fans and the public, sorry but hate this whole you brits do nothing but knock your own drivel, it was lazy and inaccurate when truss was pedalling it four years ago and is no less so now.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:19 pm

Union Cane wrote:The French smell of garlic and Italians have greasy hair, I don't see the relevance?

Americans are overweight and africans are starving... no relevance at all

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:27 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Hatton wasnt and isnt ridiculed by the overwhelming majority of British people. He remains one of Britains best loved fighters.

Some stuff, like his weight and drinking are joked about but generally in good humour.

Perhaps Hatton wasn't the best choice as he lost bravely and the Brits love nothing more than a brave loser....a glorious loser.

There are numerous sports stars who are built up only to be knocked down as soon as they transgress.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next