The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye on that infamous bottle

+16
Union Cane
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
azania
hampo17
Super D Boon
SuperCert
Strongback
The genius of PBF
KingMonkey
manos de piedra
smashingstormcrow
TopHat24/7
compelling and rich
quentins_monkey
Rowley
bhb001
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Haye on that infamous bottle - Page 2 Empty Haye on that infamous bottle

Post by bhb001 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:39 am

First topic message reminder :

Taken from the BBC website today: -

Speaking on ITV's That Sunday Night Show, Haye added: "It was a glass bottle but, if I'd had my mobile phone in my hand, it would have been a mobile phone.

"If I'd had a hot dog in my hand, it would have been [that].

"It wasn't a beer either, it was a bottle of lemonade."

I can't see this argument being popular in a court of law. "I just prodded him sir with my hand. The knife just happened to be there. If I was holding a stick of celery, he would have been prodded by a vegetable!".

Last edited by bhb001 on Mon 27 Feb 2012, 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Haye on that infamous bottle - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye on that infamous bottle

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:28 pm

rowley wrote:Well it gives lie to this love to build them up to knock them down cliche, so what if he was ridiculed, it was a pretty inept performance, ridicule was inevitable. However despite this, despite drug issues he still has huge popular support from fans and the public, sorry but hate this whole you brits do nothing but knock your own drivel, it was lazy and inaccurate when truss was pedalling it four years ago and is no less so now.

OK. The tabloids never build up anyone only to knock them down again. Perhaps I've been living in a cave next to Bin Laden's cave.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:32 pm

azania wrote:

OK. The tabloids never build up anyone only to knock them down again.

And the tabloids are Britain, nobody here holds an opposing thought that is independent from what they have been told to think by the Sun. I saw Fox News the other night and now based on this I am happy to believe every American is a reactionary right wing bigot.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:33 pm

azania wrote:
rowley wrote:Well it gives lie to this love to build them up to knock them down cliche, so what if he was ridiculed, it was a pretty inept performance, ridicule was inevitable. However despite this, despite drug issues he still has huge popular support from fans and the public, sorry but hate this whole you brits do nothing but knock your own drivel, it was lazy and inaccurate when truss was pedalling it four years ago and is no less so now.

OK. The tabloids never build up anyone only to knock them down again. Perhaps I've been living in a cave next to Bin Laden's cave.

So what you're saying.... I mean what you're really saying is that what the tabloids write is what the British public think?

I mean I can see you saying that but is that what you're really saying? I mean like really? So you're insinuating the tabloids mirror British attitude? Especially what boxing fans think? Like seriously??

I say to you codswallop sir - codswallop in your face

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:35 pm

azania wrote:

He lived in a compound in Pakistan.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:37 pm

rowley wrote:
azania wrote:

OK. The tabloids never build up anyone only to knock them down again.

And the tabloids are Britain, nobody here holds an opposing thought that is independent from what they have been told to think by the Sun. I saw Fox News the other night and now based on this I am happy to believe every American is a reactionary right wing bigot.

Tabloids have a bigger circulation than the broadsheets. Probably more influencial also given the lengths politicians go to cosy up to the Sun. Also Fox is not the biggest canle news channel in USA. CNN has a bigger audience and then terrestial TV has an even wider audience. Poor example Rossers. But Fox is hilarious. Best comedy show on TV.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:38 pm

Sweeping generalisations based on nothing more than nationality.

There's a name for that.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:38 pm

He was killed there. Prior to that he stayed in the mountain range of tora bora. Left to go to another cave and then safe heaven in a garrison town in Pakistan and no one knew about it Whistle

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:39 pm

Back to splitting hairs I see.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:40 pm

azania wrote:He was killed there. Prior to that he stayed in the mountain range of tora bora. Left to go to another cave and then safe heaven in a garrison town in Pakistan and no one knew about it Whistle

I know that, because I am much more intelligent than you. I was just messing around.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:42 pm

If I was splitting hairs I'd have picked you up on "safe heaven".
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:44 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
azania wrote:He was killed there. Prior to that he stayed in the mountain range of tora bora. Left to go to another cave and then safe heaven in a garrison town in Pakistan and no one knew about it Whistle

I know that, because I am much more intelligent than you. I was just messing around.

Hug

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:45 pm

bhb001 wrote:... Speaking on ITV's That Sunday Night Show, Haye added: "It was a glass bottle but, if I'd had my mobile phone in my hand, it would have been a mobile phone.

"If I'd had a hot dog in my hand, it would have been [that].

"It wasn't a beer either, it was a bottle of lemonade."

I can't see this argument being popular in a court of law. "I just prodded him sir with my hand. The knife just happened to be there. If I was holding a stick of celery, he would have been prodded by a vegetable!".
"It was a glass bottle but, if I'd had my wanger in my hand, it would have been my wanger.

"If I'd had an axe in my hand, it would have been [that].

"It wasn't a beer either, it was a bottle of stout."

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:47 pm

Union Cane wrote:If I was splitting hairs I'd have picked you up on "safe heaven".

Fruedian slip. He's there now if his interpritation of his religion is to be believed.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:48 pm

azania wrote:This is typical British mentality. Brits love to knock down people in the public eye.

Haye and Chisora more than others

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:52 pm

bhb001 wrote:
azania wrote:This is typical British mentality. Brits love to knock down people in the public eye.

It is disgusting, you have a fight with each other including the use of weapons and then threaten to shoot someone and us fickle Brits turn on you, we should be ashamed.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:56 pm

azania wrote:Fruedian slip.

Yep, named after the father of psychotherapy, Sigmund Frued....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 27 Feb 2012, 4:01 pm

rowley wrote:
bhb001 wrote:

It is disgusting, you have a fight with each other including the use of weapons and then threaten to shoot someone and us fickle Brits turn on you, we should be ashamed.

Ha. Yep, that's the reason why Haye was luke warm throught his championship career. The fact is Haye has a very unbritish attitude. He's brash, confident and full of confidence. He made an excuse after the Wlad fight. Big deal. Brits love humble losers.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 27 Feb 2012, 4:11 pm

Can only comment for myself but my opinions on Haye are I had no real issue with him at cruiser, he talked the talk but crucially he walked the walk also, went over and beat the man at the weight in his back yard and gave the fans a domestic fight we all wanted so for me nothing to criticise.

However at heavy think his career has on the whole been more style over substance, talked about revitalising the division but more often than not the performances were pretty tedious. For me also his words and actions in the build up to the Wlad fight were ott, obviously where you draw the line is largely subjective but to my taste he just come across as boorish and petty. Also think when you talk the way he did you create a legitimate expectation amongst fans that win or lose you will leave everything in the ring and if you do go down it will be in a blaze of glory, he would have struggled to fall much shorter in delivering on this expectation.

Which is a long winded way of saying I thought he was a clown long before he took his shoe off.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 4:11 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
azania wrote:Fruedian slip.

Yep, named after the father of psychotherapy, Sigmund Frued....
laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 4:28 pm

rowley wrote:Can only comment for myself but my opinions on Haye are I had no real issue with him at cruiser, he talked the talk but crucially he walked the walk also, went over and beat the man at the weight in his back yard and gave the fans a domestic fight we all wanted so for me nothing to criticise.

However at heavy think his career has on the whole been more style over substance, talked about revitalising the division but more often than not the performances were pretty tedious. For me also his words and actions in the build up to the Wlad fight were ott, obviously where you draw the line is largely subjective but to my taste he just come across as boorish and petty. Also think when you talk the way he did you create a legitimate expectation amongst fans that win or lose you will leave everything in the ring and if you do go down it will be in a blaze of glory, he would have struggled to fall much shorter in delivering on this expectation.
I can go along with this except I would say he was quite good at heavyweight, except he didn't do the hard work in "growing into" the heavyweight division, ending up too much of a "lightweight". He only seemed interested in a smash and grab and then out. He should have given the division more time and more respect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2012, 4:51 pm

In years to come, Haye will be shown to have been "genuine World Class, a man who was denied victory against the best in the world only due to shady underhand tactics and definitely NOT a sore loser"...just like Henry Cooper.

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Mon 27 Feb 2012, 7:30 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNKVaXQJR0s&feature=player_embedded

Here is the interview I see nothing wrong with what he says.
agree , he defended himself , why should he say sorry for that , the bottle happend to be in his hand he wouldent have even thought about it when he threw the punch ! hence it could have been a hot dog and it would ent have changed anything ,

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 27 Feb 2012, 7:33 pm

Delboy instigated it so he got what he deserved

He was running off at the mouth and Haye closed it for him

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Mon 27 Feb 2012, 7:39 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
rowley wrote:Can only comment for myself but my opinions on Haye are I had no real issue with him at cruiser, he talked the talk but crucially he walked the walk also, went over and beat the man at the weight in his back yard and gave the fans a domestic fight we all wanted so for me nothing to criticise.

I can go along with this except I would say he was quite good at heavyweight, except he didn't do the hard work in "growing into" the heavyweight division, ending up too much of a "lightweight". He only seemed interested in a smash and grab and then out. He should have given the division more time and more respect.

think he had the talent to go for the smash and grab tactics tho , his speed was always gonna beat alot of heavys but was always gonna come unstuck against wlad ! think he was a good heavy who did bring exciment but was never going to commit himself to go toe to toe with wlad ! shame but still think he can beat vitali , and im sure that will happen this year !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2