The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premier League Grounds-Atmosphere wise

+3
Soldier_Of_Fortune
TopHat24/7
Good Golly I'm Olly
7 posters

Go down

Premier League Grounds-Atmosphere wise Empty Premier League Grounds-Atmosphere wise

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:31 pm

What are your Top 5 Premier League Grounds in terms of atmosphere?

Mine are:
1. Stoke
2. Swansea
3. Man City
4. Norwich
5. Everton

Based purely on where I've been, still got to go to Arsenal and Spurs but I doubt Arsenal would be Top 5
By the way United is last Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Premier League Grounds-Atmosphere wise Empty Re: Premier League Grounds-Atmosphere wise

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Agree with Stoke top but not United bottom, nothing like it. It's got a lot worse in the last 5 years but it's nothing like the Highbury Library!

Citeh shouldn't be in the top 5 either, their support is a joke. Couldn't even fill their stadium a few years back (a stadium they have no right to be in/benefit from in the first place) and they have that poxy 'turn your back and jump around' celebration which they stole of a bunch of (better, more vocal, more hardcore) Polish fans.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Premier League Grounds-Atmosphere wise Empty Re: Premier League Grounds-Atmosphere wise

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:28 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Agree with Stoke top but not United bottom, nothing like it. It's got a lot worse in the last 5 years but it's nothing like the Highbury Library!

Citeh shouldn't be in the top 5 either, their support is a joke. Couldn't even fill their stadium a few years back (a stadium they have no right to be in/benefit from in the first place) and they have that poxy 'turn your back and jump around' celebration which they stole of a bunch of (better, more vocal, more hardcore) Polish fans.

Yer I wouldn't have citeh in my top 5. Everton does have an intimidating atmosphere there but I have obviously only been there for the Derby so I wouldnt expect any different haha.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Only been to Anfield and Old Trafford, so I'll have them 1 and 2 out of 2! Not really sure you can judge atmosphere otherwise.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Ive been to the Britannia, Wemblem (old), Old Trafford, Manor Ground (Oxford), Nou Camp, Shuco Arena (DSC Arminia Bielefeld (Germany)), Ewood Park.

In order:

Britannia
Shuco Arena
Old Trafford
Wembley
Manor Ground
Nou Camp
Ewood

Saying that, i went to Nou Camp on a tour haha! So does not count really. However, they STILL had more atmosphere then at Ewood!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:25 pm

Only went to the Manor Ground a couple of times before we switched to the Kassam - but I'd still have it ahead of OT Very Happy

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:48 am

Tynecastle
Parkhead
Ibrox
Easter Road
Pittodrie

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:01 am

Doon the Water wrote:Tynecastle
Parkhead
Ibrox
Easter Road
Pittodrie

The big pink bus shelter? Really?

Easter Road has a much better atmosphere.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:10 am

Level 7 at St James Park is absolutely nuts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:18 am

Y I Man wrote:Level 7 at St James Park is absolutely nuts!

Correction, it WAS nuts.

Ashley split them up at the end of last season.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:33 am

St James Park? What's that?

Don't you mean the 'Reebok Classics Arena' or 'Fila Tracksuit Stadium' or whatever it's now called......?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:37 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Don't you mean the 'Reebok Classics Arena' or 'Fila Tracksuit Stadium' or whatever it's now called......?

Sports Direct Arena Sad

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:19 pm

King Beer wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Sports Direct Arena Sad

Yeh, I jest, but it is sad. Did you see the day the name changed and someone spray-painted St James Park on the wall?

This isn't America, our sports teams aren't franchises and it isn't right to treat them as such.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:45 pm

I did, fair play to the lad.

I think the council and the press are right to stand up for SJP, but it's futile. Thing is, it has to go back to SJP in the summer as part of the Olympics contract.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:14 pm

King Beer
Only on a 'Premier' league wind up.
Last time I was in Easter Road I was watching Di Stefano play for Real Madrid circa 1966

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:35 pm

I was at Easter Road last year for the derby, the new stand hasn't taken anything away from the atmosphere.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down