The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlemania - The Big 3

+3
Dave.
TheCultOfPersonality
Buzzman
7 posters

Go down

Wrestlemania - The Big 3 Empty Wrestlemania - The Big 3

Post by Buzzman Wed 29 Feb 2012, 5:48 pm

So with Wrestlemania right around the corner, I thought I'd make an article about the main 3 matches at Wresltemania and get your opions on them aswell. I have recently been watching Raw without having seen the spoilers and I have to say, this has made it far more enjoyable.

The Rock vs John Cena: Rocky in his hometown of Miami vs the most recognisbale wwe star of the modern era John Cena, on the biggest stage of them all. I have to say, after this last week of Raw that the build up is boiling over just nice. The Rock could have buried Cena if he wanted to but there would have been no point in doing so. A bit of namecalling aswell as a couple of what seemed like personal digs makes the whole story a lot more interesting. I felt the Rock was slightly off with his promo, but its his first after a while so no real complaints, cena was good with his little interjection, no one can argue that his mic skills aren't better than most peoples. it was good to see the Rock actually adress certain issues such as not being there every week as opposed to a whole comedy filled promo. Looking forward to what happens over the next few weeks.

Triple H vs The Undertaker: The last of a dying breed and the end for one of these legendary stars (hopefully/maybe). I will be the first to admit that I didn't want to see this match, but truth be told, I've completely changed my mind over the last 3 or so weeks for one main reason. The creative approach. Rather than simply coming out and looking at the sign, seeing HHH refuse to accept that match (even though we knew he would eventually give in) was refreshing and the reasons behind why he refused as well as the segment with Shawn Michaels and then The Undertaker have totally gripped my attention. Plus with the addition of the Hell In A Cell at Wrestlemania, I am looking forward to the match and continued build up.

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho: Best in the world vs Best in the world. One for the wrestling fans, this match need no real build up like the other two matches because we all already know we are in for a great match. However that being said, I was happy with the way the build up started this week on raw, good promo and nice end with Jericho jumping Punk from behind in admist all the chaos, dunno why but this segment reminded me a bit of the attitude era, not sure why though. Anyways, like i said, good progress made, looking forward to the next few weeks. I do think that Laurinitis and Long need to step away from these two though, and let them do what they do best, Promos and Wrestling!

So what are everyones views on these match ups and the build up to these matches at Wresltemania? Which has the best build ups so far and which are you looking forward to the most? Also what would you change regarding the matches between now and Wreslemania on April 1st?

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania - The Big 3 Empty Re: Wrestlemania - The Big 3

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Wed 29 Feb 2012, 6:34 pm

So far, HHH vs The Undertaker has had the best build up therefore I am most interested in this match all be it the result of the match could be predictable. The story these folks are telling is excellent, HHH's acting has been amazing as he is really selling his character. And of course, the added stipulation of the Hell In A Cell makes it even more engaging, it will be quite the vision seeing the HIAC at mania and hopefully will make for a great match. And to answer your last question, I do expect an authority figure to be added to the match, whether it is the much speculated special guuest referee or just a manager type side role for someone like Shawn Michaels who can be on the side to HHH. Or you can have Mick Foley as the referee as he has alot of experience and history with the two.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Wed 29 Feb 2012, 6:49 pm

HHH/Taker is the biggest one for me. I believe it should main event.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 01 Mar 2012, 12:49 am

The Punk/Jericho match is the one that intrests me the most. It will be either a classic, or very average (like Jericho/Edge at mania 26?). If WWE do it right then not only do they have a classic match, but a storyline that can last for a few months after and a feud that could be as good as the Orton/Christian feud from last year. But for that in my opnion Jericho has to win.

Taker/HHH round 3, just dosn't appeal to me. Espically after last years entertaining spot fest. I can't see any way to improve it, or anyway the storyline progresses after Mania.

Rock/Cena is only intresting in what they do with Cena afterwards, how long the Rock stays in WWE afterwards.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Thu 01 Mar 2012, 3:44 am

I realy don't get all the hype about Jericho and Punk, Jericho is just a mid carder who's got to the top via default thanks to the lack of talent around nowadays.

Punk is just a hypocrite, the guy who accused John Cena and the Rock of kissing Vince's ass in the summer, yet now he himself has turned into an ass kisser. It had nothing to do with 'ass kissing' it was all about Punk being jelous, but now he's the champ and is getting more attention he's quite happy to kiss Vince's ass, just like Cena and the Rock did. CM Punk=Biggest hypocrite in WWE.

He claims he's going to leave with the title. How long was he gone for? a couple of weeks, are you serious. More proof that he's a hypocrite.

He makes it known that he dislikes the Rock, why does he dislike The Rock? Is it because The Rock is ten times the performer he will ever be, and no matter how hard he tries he will never, at any point in his career get over in the same way the Rock did.

Punk is just an arrogant big shot, who thinks he's the 2nd coming of Stone Cold, but in fact he has even less talent than the Chris Jericho who burst on the WWE scene back in 2000.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 01 Mar 2012, 7:57 am

Punk didn't control how long he was off television for. Creative and the board hit the panic button as the stock market felt it was a legitimate angle and they were worried about how sponsors and tv networks would react.

The original plan was for Punk to return at the next PPV after a month of hanging around with the WWE title and gaining some exposure.

Punk appears to have settled differences with the Rock but his point was that Rock was nowhere to be seen yet he was headlining Wrestlemania ahead of people who were on the road.

As for kissing Vince's ass, I highly doubt that's the case. Vince is now very much pro Punk and Punk 'has his ear' should he wish to make suggestions. It's not uncommon for wrestlers to become a sort of 'pet' to Vince. Orton is another who once had the ear of Vince. Cena still does and obviously HHH and Taker are his go to guys. If Vince feels you can be good for business he's hardly gonna dismiss you and not are you going to be stupid enough or belligerent enough to ignore him.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 01 Mar 2012, 8:57 am

I dont see any substance in the accusation of CM Punk being a rear end kisser...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Thu 01 Mar 2012, 4:32 pm

Thats incredibly harsh DDT towards both Jericho and Punk, Jericho is a great in ring performer and good on the mic, likewise for Punk. Also you do know that Punk isnt a hypocrite because he is following instructions from the creative team, sure he now probably has some input but at the end of the day, he isnt the one that decides how the storyline develops and in which way it goes!

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down