The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remembering the Days of Endzone Celebrations

+10
Leedscowboys
AdZacO
Adam D
Deanali
calamity jane
Gaelic-Warrior
GB1919
crazy_dave23
Cheesehead United
uberfunction
14 posters

Go down

Remembering the Days of Endzone Celebrations Empty Remembering the Days of Endzone Celebrations

Post by uberfunction Fri 25 Mar 2011, 3:12 pm

A post by Cheesehead United reminded me of some amazing endzone celebrations in the NFL. It's sad that the No Fun League doesn't allow this.

Here's some good ones from the past few years.
https://www.youtube.com/v/0Ww-AXu9Eow

But for some of you longtime fans (i couldn't find videos of some of them), do you remember Warren Moon's Run-and-Shoot offense with the Oilers and the endzone celebrations by his WRs (Jefferies, the late Drew Hill, and Ernest Givins)?
https://www.youtube.com/v/yHQgPoAlKZw

Vai Sekahema (the original punching bag celebration.. and againsty my Giants if I remember)
https://www.youtube.com/v/8sglasPrb9k

What about Neon Deion Sanders?

Last edited by Y I Man on Fri 25 Mar 2011, 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : please dont post videos direct on the articles, links are fine (work safe and all) cheers)

uberfunction

Back to top Go down

Remembering the Days of Endzone Celebrations Empty Re: Remembering the Days of Endzone Celebrations

Post by Cheesehead United Fri 25 Mar 2011, 3:59 pm

I think that the authorities should lighten up on celebrations. In a previous article, there was a discussion about a celebration in the SB, where Collins went down on his knees after scoring in the most prestegious game of his career.

Cheesehead United

Back to top Go down

Remembering the Days of Endzone Celebrations Empty Re: Remembering the Days of Endzone Celebrations

Post by uberfunction Fri 25 Mar 2011, 4:13 pm

Cheesehead United wrote:I think that the authorities should lighten up on celebrations. In a previous article, there was a discussion about a celebration in the SB, where Collins went down on his knees after scoring in the most prestegious game of his career.

I agree. That play changed the momentum of the game. They should let these guys have a bit of fun.

uberfunction

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesehead United Fri 25 Mar 2011, 4:26 pm

What is funny though, they say you're not allowed to go into the crowd to celebrate, for obvious reasons, which i understand - but they allow the lambau leap?

Cheesehead United

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 25 Mar 2011, 10:03 pm

Very good point Cheesehead. Double standards!

-----

I remember when Joe Horn got a phone out from under the pylon and made a call.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Sat 26 Mar 2011, 9:04 am

There are a lot of concessions made around the Packers, their ownership structure is outlawed by the league after all. I'm not trying to say that any of this should change, it's these differences and quirks that make sport so interesting. The Lambeau Leap is iconic and should never be stopped. Denying players an opportunity to show how much playing the game means to them is petty on the part of the NFL.

Getting back on topic, Desean Jackson's pirouette and fall into the endzone this year was pretty funny.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesehead United Sat 26 Mar 2011, 1:57 pm

Yeah. I think even the commentators didn't think the flag should have been thrown for that, after replays showed he stopped before entering the endzone then fell backwards.

Cheesehead United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Sat 26 Mar 2011, 4:57 pm

I'm all for good sportsmanship e.t.c.
But they shouldn't outlaw the passion of the players, things like the lambeau leap are great. Trash talkin and a wee bit of taunting are all part of the game too. The "no fun league" is exactly what we don't want.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by calamity jane Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:31 am

Wes Welker got fined $10,000 for this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOJPMYmTyQk

(apologies if it's already on any of the above links, but my computer's playing up)

calamity jane

Back to top Go down

Post by uberfunction Tue 29 Mar 2011, 5:48 pm

calamity jane wrote:Wes Welker got fined $10,000 for this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOJPMYmTyQk

(apologies if it's already on any of the above links, but my computer's playing up)

Haha, I remember that one. Wes has been quite the character this past season. Loved his "foot" themed press conference before the Jets game.

I still remember watching the game when T.O. (on the 49ers at the time) scored a TD and went in the middle of Cowboy Stadium and stood on the star. Then the next cowboy's td, Emmit Smith did it. And when T.O. scored again and did it again, a cowboy's player tackled him and it got ugly. Those were the days.. The Cowboys, Niners, and Packers of the 90's was like paper, rock and scissors..

Cowboys always beat the Packers but couldn't beat the Niners
Niners could always beat the Cowboys but couldn't beat the Packers.
And the Packers always beat the Niners but couldn't beat the Cowboys..

uberfunction

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 29 Mar 2011, 8:16 pm

SOme good one's in here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln_ryO3DbkM&feature=related

Though classically American whereby a top 10 has way more than 10 items!

Like Ochocinco playing golf with the endzone pylon!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Deanali Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:04 pm

The Fun Bunch:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLiKbVV288k

They really need to give a little leeway, it's not hard, no props except the ball, no longer than 10 seconds, no taunting.

Deanali

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:09 pm

When I read this I instantly thought of the simpsons episode where Homer teaches sportsmen obnoxious goal celebrations.

cant find a clip though!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:58 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:SOme good one's in here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln_ryO3DbkM&feature=related

Though classically American whereby a top 10 has way more than 10 items!

Like Ochocinco playing golf with the endzone pylon!

Thats the same as the original poster.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:46 pm

Epic fail on my part!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Thu 31 Mar 2011, 8:30 am

The Icky Shuffle for those that are old enough to remember it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f-m-Fmd1lY
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 31 Mar 2011, 11:29 am

I'm not sure if this was based on a true life celebration, but I love the one in 'Any Given Sunday' when 2 players are in the endzone, toss the ball into the air and hold their ears (you know, like they've just thrown a grenade) then when the ball hits the deck all the players fall to the floor.

Sorry I can't post a link but I can't get Youtube at work!

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pekchenko Thu 31 Mar 2011, 2:24 pm

Great shout on the 'Ickey Shuffle' their Leeds- that was in my NFL knowledge heyday when i was about 8 or 9 and i think they made it to the superbowl that season.Bengals were always my second favourite team as my brother was a big fan. Ickey was an absoulte beast- just goes to show how tough guys like Tomlinson and Emmitt Smith must be to last so many years taking a pounding as an RB. Ickey was a unit and he only lasted one season- he could've been special!!

Pekchenko

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Thu 31 Mar 2011, 4:26 pm

I liked the one where he signed the ball and gave it a fan, that was awesome

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by ChubbyCheshire Thu 31 Mar 2011, 4:48 pm

Butch Johnson's California Quake - where he pretended to draw shoot and reholster two pistols....showing my age now !

ChubbyCheshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down