The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray

+25
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
bogbrush
reckoner
gallery play
hawkeye
banbrotam
LuvSports!
laverfan
amritia3ee
Mad for Chelsea
CaledonianCraig
legendkillar
droogle
Manojchandra
lags72
noleisthebest
Danny_1982
JuliusHMarx
barrystar
socal1976
Jahu
time please
Josiah Maiestas
break_in_the_fifth
Tenez
29 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Who do you think and want to win?

Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray - Page 7 Vote_lcap33%Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray - Page 7 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray - Page 7 Vote_lcap11%Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray - Page 7 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray - Page 7 Vote_lcap56%Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray - Page 7 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray - Page 7 Empty Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray

Post by Tenez Fri 02 Mar 2012, 5:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Under Jahu's orders here is the thread.

Much to discuss still on the semis's other thread but when we are ready to move...It will happen here.

Federer might be tired from that semi but if he can play like today.....he has a good chance.

Last edited by Tenez on Sat 03 Mar 2012, 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray - Page 7 Empty Re: Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray

Post by socal1976 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 8:39 pm

Of course it is hard to compare eras, but here is the caveat it does get easier in comparing when you are comparing periods that are time wise close together. I am not comparing hewitt and roddick to bjorg or rosewal. We are comparing players that really are contemporary having played on a similar tour with similar conditions and a similar style of play. It isn't like in 2004 everyone was playing s and V tennis. When comparing groups of players that had a lot of overlap it can be easier to do.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray - Page 7 Empty Re: Dubai 2012 - Final : Federer v Murray

Post by amritia3ee Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:21 am

CS.
It's been cloudy from 2004 if you believe some nadal haters...
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 06 Mar 2012, 7:16 am

Again I feel I have to defend amritia3ee here.

I am a fan of tennis and I like to think of myself as balanced. I like watching a lot of players but of course like many I am a little biased and I have a few favourites. One of whom is Nadal. Why not? He is an all time great, has taken part in some of the most exciting matches in recent history and has a rivalry with another all time great that is considered to be one of the best in sport (not just tennis).

But here on 606v2 you can try and discuss anything and certain posters twist it and use it to rant on about why they dislike Nadal. This article is supposed to be about Federer and Murray. Also my recent article on what Murray said at the trophy ceremony in Dubai after he lost is an example. It was about Murray and Federer. Nadal wasn't even in Dubai! But yet again bla bla bla 20 second rule bla bla rotton bla bla doctors bla bla fitness not skill bla bla bla 2 year rankings and on and on.....

Its ridiculas. If anyone says anything they are accused of being besotted by Rafa or told they only like his tennis because they have some sort of teenage crush on him! Nadal is a GREAT tennis player and as such most balanced tennis fans will enjoy watching him play.

Those that dislike him personally should learn to accept that he is considered to be one of the best players ever and try and control their irrational emotions... or at the very least confine them to relevant discussions. If not surely they can only expect others to respond to their comments in a similar unbalanced way.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Tue 06 Mar 2012, 8:10 am

I can understand your point hawkeye, and I can see how our preferences colour the way we view discussions - for example CC and socal see the tedious debate on weak era as being something that is done in response to a certain section of fans not appreciating Rafa - I see some of those comments in a very tongue in cheek style in response to (how many posts has it been over the last two days?) certain posters continual needing to 'prove' by means of 'mountains of facts' that the era 2003 to whatever arbitrary date suits is much, much weaker than now.

Personally, I avoid the wee keira (as laver calls them Laugh ) debates because they are subjective, and why anyone would want to discount any player like Hewitt or Roddick or Safin or Nalbandian etc is beyond me.

However, I couldn't really care less what any poster's view on a player is - I enjoy talking to you even though your views on Murray are light years from my own - the difference to me though is that you are courteous and a great poster hawkeye and you don't, even when you have sometimes been on the wrong side of an argument in terms of sentiment on a thread, ever ever turn it into the kind of 'ya boo' tedium that we sometimes see here.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Tue 06 Mar 2012, 6:36 pm

CommonSense wrote: I think amrit’s behaviour reflects a general anguish amongst Nadal fans these days.
There is a co-relationship between rafa’s losses and the appearances of posts denigrating Fed. The more rafa loses, the more insecure his fans become and the more Roger gets bashed. He can cry all he wants but doesn’t really have the slightest power to change anything at 606, imvhp. So I won’t worry about it.
Laugh
Did I bash Roger? Are you reading my posts, i never said one word of criticism against Federer at all, however what I said could be seen as indirectly affecting Federer I suppose. Still I did say, and truly believe, that he is a great player.

And if bashing your main rivals players means you are feeling insecure... by that logic seeing how much Rafa-bashing goes on in this forum by Federer fans, they must be feeling seriously insecure about their player right now Smile
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7