The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon Day 13 - Murray v Federer - Mens Final

+28
LuvSports!
User 774433
sirfredperry
Duty281
Leff
Danny_1982
yloponom68
Adam D
JuliusHMarx
eirebilly
Chazfazzer
mystiroakey
kemet
TopoftheChops
Tropicalfruiter
reckoner
Josiah Maiestas
laverfan
slashermcguirk
paulscholes
Good Golly I'm Olly
lydian
hawkeye
Jahu
CAS
carrieg4
CaledonianCraig
bogbrush
32 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Wimbledon Day 13 - Murray v Federer - Mens Final Empty Wimbledon Day 13 - Murray v Federer - Mens Final

Post by Guest Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 22:43

I thought I would start this up so people can feel free post.

I hope for a decent final. I shall be watching the final 3D which will be a first.

May the best man win.

Either way history will be written tomorrow no matter the outcome.

A winner for tennis thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 13 - Murray v Federer - Mens Final Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 13 - Murray v Federer - Mens Final

Post by bogbrush Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 22:48

Hoping for Federer; for the #1, for one of his last chances to win a Slam, for the style of play that inspires people around the World.

I'd be happy for Murray if he wins, but very sad for a Federer loss.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 13 - Murray v Federer - Mens Final Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 13 - Murray v Federer - Mens Final

Post by Guest Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 22:51

A lot on the line for both guys.

One could kick start an era for one player and the other could increase the era for a modern sporting great.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 22:51

I am just hoping for a cracking match first and foremost. Do yourself justice Andy and who knows? The fact that it is Roger he is playing means if it is to be a loss at least it can be said he has lost against the greatest player of all-time.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 22:57

I am obviously rooting for Murray tomorrow but a lot is on the line for Federer too.

As LK said - a winner for tennis either way.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 23:07

Wonder if Lendl will crack a smile tomorrow. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 23:15

If Murray were to win tomorrow, would Lendl get too much credit? Or would it be deserved?

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 23:19

I would be the first to acknowledge Lendl's influence even when I have constantly said he wasn't the right man for the job.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 23:45

But some of it will be contributed to Nadal's loss. A bit tainted this for Andy.

All in all, GO FED, but if Andy wins and he is second on my list of fav. players, I will be very happy too.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 0:24

Jahu, I think Murray pre-Lendl makes the final this year regardless, its tomorrow where Lendl earn his plaudits

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 6:55

Jahu wrote:But some of it will be contributed to Nadal's loss. A bit tainted this for Andy.

Absolute and utter nonsense. Is it Andy's fault that Rafa lost to the world No.100? Of course not. In any case then why does it not also taint the victory for Federer for not beating Nadal in the Final?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 8:08

How many do you want Federer to beat?!! Very Happy

I think the business of Nadal going out is irrelevant anyway, but have you always maintained the same view over RG 2009?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 8:40

Of course Nadal is going out is irrelevant. Do we negate any title anyone has won just because the winner doesn't beat one of the top players? Of course not.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 9:21

CaledonianCraig wrote:Of course Nadal is going out is irrelevant. Do we negate any title anyone has won just because the winner doesn't beat one of the top players? Of course not.
Have you, honestly, never qualified RG 2009? Not any observation about not having Nadal to beat?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 9:29

Good Grief! Of course Nadal going out is relevant. Chances are he would have beaten either of the two finalists. Sorry but just my honest opinion...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 9:49

It is irrelevant to whoever wins Wimbledon as Nadal wasn't good enough to get past the Second Round. Or if we want we can go through some of Nadal's slam wins and erase them if he hasn't beaten Federer and Djokovic if you so wish.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 9:53

Craig, are you avoiding my question?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 9:57

At the end of the day BB a slam win goes down in the record books as a slam win I think we are all agreed on that. If and I hope and pray Andy does win today then I can honestly sit back and say Andy has just beaten the greatest player of all-time so can please someone explain to me how that is a tainted win because I am buggered if I can work that out.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 10:02

My question was whether you've ever qualified Rogers 2009 RG win because he didn't face Nadal.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 10:06

As a Nadal fan obviously I see where HE is coming from, as we both know Nadal would have been favourite against either finalist...but thats the way knockout events go. You cant legislate for freak events, But HE we have to move beyond the Nadal loss...it happens..and always will...e.g. Patrick Doohan vs Becker in 1987. Federer has clearly had a good draw this year, except Djoko, but again that happens and I know BB has talked of cakewalks in the past so lets not go there.

We have the 2 guys in the final that have won 6 matches and thats all it ever takes, the guys can only beat who is put infront of them so they deserve to be there.

And each guy has a tough match today...Murray looks in fine form, as does Federer. In that regard you do have to give some credit to Lendl...he's ni mug, knows what it takes so must have some impact on Murray;s outlook!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 10:06

bogbrush wrote:My question was whether you've ever qualified Rogers 2009 RG win because he didn't face Nadal.

Quite honestly, I can't remenber but I'd be surprised if I did BB.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 10:25

lydian wrote:As a Nadal fan obviously I see where HE is coming from, as we both know Nadal would have been favourite against either finalist...but thats the way knockout events go. You cant legislate for freak events, But HE we have to move beyond the Nadal loss...it happens..and always will...e.g. Patrick Doohan vs Becker in 1987. Federer has clearly had a good draw this year, except Djoko, but again that happens and I know BB has talked of cakewalks in the past so lets not go there.

We have the 2 guys in the final that have won 6 matches and thats all it ever takes, the guys can only beat who is put infront of them so they deserve to be there.

And each guy has a tough match today...Murray looks in fine form, as does Federer. In that regard you do have to give some credit to Lendl...he's ni mug, knows what it takes so must have some impact on Murray;s outlook!

I can't disagree with any of that. However, I would take that view from hawkeye as her stock response if Andy were to win today. No congratulations, no well played, no recognition that she has been wrong for six years - just a 'It is a tainted win.' Doh That sort of stance will be taken by many posters sadly and you see why I say it matters not one jot if Andy never wins a slam or wins one or ten as those that post anti-Murray stuff will never ever change.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 11:08

Has Murray ever won a set in a Grand Slam final?? Just wondering
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 11:21

nope in 3 finals its 9-0 (might is well make it 12-0)

Do u think if murray does win will he smille (even JWT smilled more when he lost)

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by slashermcguirk Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 12:14

Good luck to both players and may the best man win. Not an avid supporter of either but certainly respect both players. Hopefully they both bring their A game. A penny for murrays thoughts right now.

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 12:17

Just looking at the covers come on on the Girls Doubles on Court 18. Very highly likely a final with roof closed. :wink:

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 12:18

Murray looks to have matured the past few weeks. This has been his diet recently;

Wimbledon Day 13 - Murray v Federer - Mens Final Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMqXI19tk_KZ3AJE8d1u2rWHAytGpeJ-Ncn5by67d9ffb2fyInGQ
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 12:27

I really hope Murray manages to win a set at least, his 1st and 3rd Grand Slam final matches had some really close sets in it, so just want him to do that really.

If he wins it would just....for me it would be amazing. So long watching tennis as a British fan and never having a winner, to finally get one would be brilliant! I just want him to do himself justice out there Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 12:30

rugbydreamer wrote:I really hope Murray manages to win a set at least, his 1st and 3rd Grand Slam final matches had some really close sets in it, so just want him to do that really.

If he wins it would just....for me it would be amazing. So long watching tennis as a British fan and never having a winner, to finally get one would be brilliant! I just want him to do himself justice out there Smile

clap Spot on.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 12:35

Weather looking likely to be dry but a bit gusty Sad
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 12:38

Damn, that's the worst combo mad

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 12:43

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/sw19
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 12:48

Not sure I can take the stress of reading or posting during the match. I hope everyone enjoys today regardless of the result - it should be a great match and history will be made either way Hug

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 12:50

Yes I don't think I will be posting mid-match either. I just hope it is a great match and whoever you want to win.......enjoy.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 12:50

I won't post, it doesn't accomplish anything except winding me up.

In fact there's nothing else to say except good luck to Federer, all respect to Andy who I can stand winning, just can't stand Fed losing this.

That's me signed off the forum until its all finished. Bye all, nobody have a heart attack!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 12:54

Don't worry folks, I am preparing the anti-stop the rain dance.

Let the heavens open...

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 13:09

Enjoy it everyone, Murray & Fed fans alike! Not long to go now!!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 13:30

Grinning Greg, yuck vomit

Has he ever spoken a short sentence?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tropicalfruiter Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 14:04

The body language is terribly nervous from both

Tropicalfruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 14:05

That's because it's the Wimbledon Final. There will always be nerves
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 14:16

I thought this final kicked off at half 3, WHAT THE HELL.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 14:22

Raining in NW1

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tropicalfruiter Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 14:24

Great start Andy. Fed finding some great shots in reply... Warming up

Tropicalfruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 14:27

Come on Andy!

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 14:27

Nice shot of Cliff Richards and his "accountant" there...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 14:31

come on Fed

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 14:31

Fed looking quite tight at the net.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 14:32

Ohferchristsake Fed!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 14:34

Good movement from Fed to take it to 30-30. Crucial to hold serve here.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 14:35

Backhand slice seems to be working well for Federer so far.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next