The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reds V Force

4 posters

Go down

Reds V Force Empty Reds V Force

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 03 Mar 2012, 10:10 am

Now I like the Super rugby, and a lot of the games are of a high quality... but this is not one of them!

Super rugby is lauded by a lot of people as far superior, and whereas I agree in part, I have to say even the champions can be utter tripe at times.

Simmons just knocked on 5 metres out, really wide with NOBODY in front of him and 2 players out side of him, the pass was perfect. It is wet but stoppped raining first half. Conditions are not bad at all, yet this game has shown a complete lack of skillset, and brains. Lineouts are being thrown to the ground, balls fumbled around, and kicks sliced, too long etc...

This is a game that highlights where I feel NH rugby is better (not in all aspects) Infact I'd go as far to say that Glasgow produced better against the O's recently than the Reds have this morning.

Please lets not turn this into a nightmare, I am using this single game as making my point to those who think Super 15 rugby is far superior, the Crusaders game this morning was much better than this, except for the Crusaders clockman (cheating bugger)

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Reds V Force Empty Re: Reds V Force

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 03 Mar 2012, 10:13 am

PS Haskell was absolute garbage this morning, from his sub appearance he gave away 3 penalties, 2 kicked, 1 for the win and was generally bullied at the contact area... really badly!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 03 Mar 2012, 10:14 am

One more little point, I've seen 3 'tip' tackles this morning, all aplauded and none penalised, unlike the Glasgow O's game!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 03 Mar 2012, 10:22 am

Small point Bluesman, the clockman in Dunedin gets paid by the Highlanders. I suspect the Crusaders' decision to attempt the long-range penalty with 6 minutes to go was clock-driven too.

Agree with you on Haskell
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 03 Mar 2012, 10:26 am

Really? A new stadium, and new staff, It's not uncomprehensible someone snuck in!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 03 Mar 2012, 10:28 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:Really? A new stadium, and new staff, It's not uncomprehensible someone snuck in!

Laugh

He'd certainly have been the most wanted man in Dunedin had the Crusaders pinched it
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 03 Mar 2012, 10:52 am

As a reds fan even I felt sorry for myself watching this game. It was a good, old fashioned drop-a-thon. Their backline looked more disjointed than me after a night on the diesel. Rob Simmons couldn't catch a bus.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 03 Mar 2012, 11:15 am

Agree. In particular the second half of the Reds-Force was real sloppy. There must have been a 10 minute period where the match went scrum-reset-scrum-penalty-knock-on-scrum-reset-penalty. Over and over. Killed the match, really.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 03 Mar 2012, 11:22 am

Quade Cooper has plenty of shortcomings but at least he puts the ball out in front of the man running onto it. At the moment the reds seem to think the best way to get the backline going forward is to pass the ball behind the man, preferably as low to the ground as possible. Curious.

On the plus side, I'd forgotten what it's like to have a goal kicker who can actually kick.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 03 Mar 2012, 11:25 am

That Simmons drop can't blame the pass, it was lovely!

Genia now for the 2nd week looks really really rusty!

Harris 23 from 23 now, not bad!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down