The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests)

+4
Shelsey93
JDizzle
Biltong
Duty281
8 posters

Go down

New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests)

Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_lcap0%Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_lcap0%Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_lcap8%Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_lcap46%Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 6 ]
Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_lcap8%Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_lcap23%Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_lcap7%Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Empty Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests)

Post by Duty281 Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:24 pm

I'll go 2-1 South Africa.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Empty Re: Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests)

Post by Biltong Sun 04 Mar 2012, 8:04 pm

Well we have only lost two test against New Zealand since our return from isolation.

Once at Wanederers and once at Auckland.

If I remember thise were the "glued" pitches.

The ODI's have shown quite a bit of bounce at the venues we have played, sO if those pitches remain like those, then we should be able to ut them under some severe pressure with our fast bowlers.

The question is what will the pitches be like for the tests?

O would expect New Zealand would not want pithces that are fast and has good bounce, as it showed in the last two ODI's that they struggled with it.

There are usually some draws between our countries.
So I would guess either 1-0 or 2-0 in our favour.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests) Empty Re: Predict the Series Score: New Zealand v South Africa (3 Tests)

Post by JDizzle Sun 04 Mar 2012, 8:28 pm

I'm not sure I can see New Zealand winning a Test match to be honest. Unless South Africa take a Test "off" mentally, like they are occasionally prone to doing, they should win this series comfortably with them just having to much for NZ in all areas. I can see a draw though, on a flat pitch, so I will go with 2-0 to SA.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:23 pm

Ahead of the one-dayers I would have said 2-1 but I'm now going to go 2-0 with the possibility of 3-0 in South Africa's favours.

I think New Zealand's selection for the 1st Test leaves them very weak in batting. It looks like it'll be 1 Guptill (good form but unproven against top opposition) 2 B McCullum (Test opener?) 3 Williamson (promising but not the finished article) 4 Taylor (hasn't played for more than a month) 5 Nicol (Test debut) 6 Vettori (very capable but wouldn't be batting six for most teams) 7 Watling (inexperienced) as there aren't any other batsmen in the squad. Can see Steyn, Morkel and Philander rolling them on 2 or 3 occasions.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:31 pm

Gone for 1-0 to SA. Reckon it will be as close as that as a) it may rain and b) NZ are never that easy to beat at home and SA don't always travel well.
Mention of Vettori leads on to the fact that this guy is stacking up some formibable stats as far as Test all-rounders go. When you think he came into the side as a teenage spinner, his batting has been really good.
I think Kapil Dev is the only guy to get 5,000 Test runs and 400 Test wickets. But Vettori might do it, too.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:48 pm

sirfredperry, although I accept your possible outcome, I disagree with your reasoning.

Historically we have been the best travellers over the past 5 years. In fact we haven't lost a test series since 2007 away from home. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon 05 Mar 2012, 1:58 pm

B'beck.
"Historically we have been the best travellers over the past 5 years. In fact we haven't lost a test series since 2007 away from home."

Gosh, I hadn't realised that. Apologies. Perhaps I'll have to fall back on my NZ-hard-to-beat-at-home assumption - until someone comes on to knock that statistic down!

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Mar 2012, 2:06 pm

sirfredperry wrote:

Gosh, I hadn't realised that. Apologies. Perhaps I'll have to fall back on my NZ-hard-to-beat-at-home assumption - until someone comes on to knock that statistic down!

I can help with that too.

The likely hood is there will be a draw, perhaps even two.

of 113 tets since 1980 NZ have drawn 44, that is nearly 4 in every ten tests.

However their win ratios against SA, OZ and ENG is not good at home.

SA played 7, won 1, lost 3, drew 4
OZ played 18, won4, lost 9, drew 5
ENG played 18, won 3, lost 7, drew 8

So it is safe to assume there will be at least one draw.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Mon 05 Mar 2012, 2:10 pm

I think all three Tests will produce results. NZ seamers will fancy their chances, they've been pretty good in recent times. SA seamers all ways cause problems.

The battle will be which batting line up copes better against the oppositions bowling. Thus far, NZ have been exposed by the pace and bounce SA have gotten.

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 05 Mar 2012, 4:23 pm

2-0 saffers.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2012, 6:32 pm

2-1 south africa, SA to dominate most of the series with the bat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Mar 2012, 6:37 pm

you going for that 16000th posts CF?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 06 Mar 2012, 3:03 pm

2-0 to South Africa Sad

News from NZ today, South African born wicket keeper BJ Watling is injured and will miss the 1st test. His place is taken by ahem South African born wicket keeper Kruger van Wyk.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Mar 2012, 4:18 pm

Laugh Geez, we are all over the place.

But at least NZ is doing the smart thing, have a back south african, for the south african.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon 12 Mar 2012, 3:31 pm

well, after the first Test got, eventually, washed out I refer back to my earlier prediction which mentioned rain.
I know an earlier post mentions the high proportion of draws in home NZ Tests. Praps some clever clogs can come up with how many day-long washouts they've had over recent years.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down