The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV

+14
footballcrazy
Bull
Good Golly I'm Olly
Fan Gilhaus
Afro
sodhat
The Special Juan
Marky
FIFA Diva
Hero
ncfc_Tooze
nick_fury
cherriesfna
TwisT
18 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Is Paul Pogba rubbish

The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 20 Vote_lcap50%The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 20 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 20 Vote_lcap25%The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 20 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 20 Vote_lcap25%The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 20 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 20 Empty The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV

Post by TwisT Fri 09 Mar 2012, 8:52 am

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Domestic Transfers Now Open
Polls for Best Positions Now Being Posted - Please Vote

Everyone in League A (who votes on League B) send their results to Hero.
Everyone in League B (who votes on League A) send their results to TSC

League Week 2 - 2nd Week of matches on Wednesday - NOT CUP THIS WEEK!!!

To Qualify for the £2M Bonus, teams need to post their tactics by Midnight on Wednesday and PM their results by Midnight on Friday

League Breakdown and Rules

Spoiler:

League A

Athletico Bilbao Baggins FC - HeroReal Ale Sociedad - TwisTAC ALittleSilhouetteoOfAMan (AC ALSOAM) - MarkyStraight-Edge United - TheBrahmaBullCunning Canaries FC - ollyrules
Viva City - VivaPaulScholesShuntingsheep F.C - Fan Gilhaus

Carling FC - InTheFastLane

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League B

The London Silly Nannies - sodhatJacamos United - TSCFC Furious - nick_furySporting Sideburns FC - Y I ManAFC Swamp Donkeys - fernando
FC United of Bournemouth Town and Boscombe City Wanderers Athletic Football Club - cherriesfanWalker Texas Rangers FC - Nay Bother

City Of Norwich FC - ncfc_Tooze

Last edited by TwisT on Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:55 am; edited 3 times in total

TwisT

Back to top Go down

The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 20 Empty Re: The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV

Post by nick_fury Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:15 pm

Every promising talent should look like a great player. If they don't look like a great player (or at least a decent one) then how can they be promising?

Your a muppet. You expect every 18 year old to look play like Rooney or Messi when they were that age. It doesnt work like that.

Cristiano Ronaldo, didnt look like a great player at 18. Had good attributes such as pace and tricks. Do you remember his debut at United....probably not knowing you. Bolton, came on, he was 18 years of age at the time. Had tricks and that was it, he tried a few and failed, not a very good debut at all, he DIDNT look like a great player.
Have you seen him now???

Lets get a poll up.

Is Paul Pogba rubbish.
Options:
Yes, he is rubbish
No, he is a talent
Hard to judge as he is 18 with less than 70 minutes of Prem or higer standard football.

nick_fury

Location : More West Coast than Viva & even further West Coast than Afro

Back to top Go down

The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV - Page 20 Empty Re: The 606V2 Fantastic Fantasy League Homepage IV

Post by Hero Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:21 pm

Poll up

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:22 pm

Wilshere who?? man aint played a game all season.

Hero, dont tell me your the same. You think every promising player should be amazing?

Gotze aged 18 played 41 games for Dortmund, 8 goals 12 assists
Eriksen aged 18 played 46 games for Ajax, 8 goals 15 assists
By the age of 18 Hazard had played 91 games for Lille

Just because 1,2,3, maybe 4 or 5 eighteen year olds in the whole world are playing regulary for their respective club that does not mean every promising player is or has to.

If a player is good enough then he's good enough.
Agreed. But player develop in their own way and how the club develops them.

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:30 pm

The issue is he's being heralded as a wonderkid akin to these guys I've mentioned.
He shows it in the reserves or for the youth team, yet when push comes to shove he's shown to currently get stage fright and choke.
Man up Pogba.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:33 pm

The answer is obviously "Hard to judge...."

Not every player is World Class while still a teenager.

Question, what's the policy on signing players sold to Lawyers?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:33 pm

Rooney played for Everton when he was 16-17. He scored some wonder goals then. Fact is Pogba can never be rated until he gets some proper game time. Welbeck was only really rated when he went Sunderland and got games. Not fair to rate Pogba either way until he actually does something of note or gets a good run in the team.

Until then how can we judge? Case in point is Theo. Look at the rave reviews he was getting. Now he is 22 and he doesn't look the player that he could have been.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:38 pm

Macheda. I bet loads of people thought he was going to be great. Now look at him. Over 50 games and only 6 goals.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:39 pm

The issue is he's being heralded as a wonderkid akin to these guys I've mentioned.
Who did that? Football Manager 2012?
I havent heard SAF say hes a woderkid. Ive read many online newspaper articles saying hes promising but not a wonderkid.

The answer is obviously "Hard to judge...."

Fact is Pogba can never be rated until he gets some proper game time. Welbeck was only really rated when he went Sunderland and got games. Not fair to rate Pogba either way until he actually does something of note or gets a good run in the team.

Marky and TwisT understand my point.

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:42 pm

Macheda is a prime example of young players being hyped as the next big thing then believing his own hype too much.

Pogba needs to keep his feet on the ground, listen to the experienced heads around him, and if he's good enough he'll make it.

He could be the next Paul Scholes, or he could be the next Michael Twiss.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:42 pm

I don't like sitting on the fence because I get splinters on my behind.

I will just say I don't think he is crap nor do I think he is the next best thing. He is just "me'h" at the moment, with a shrug of the shoulders to boot. I can take him or leave him like I do with ketchup on my chips.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:48 pm

nick_fury wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo, didnt look like a great player at 18. Had good attributes such as pace and tricks. Do you remember his debut at United....probably not knowing you.

No nick, I can't say I remember every single player's debut, especially seeing as that was 9 years ago.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:51 pm

I remember Cristiano Ronaldo's debut, I was told he was Poopie hot.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:52 pm

Cherries, left you an offer on your page.

Pogrebnyak and Tubbs (as you wanted both)
for
Danny Graham

or

Pogrebnyak and Tubbs for £6.5M

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:53 pm

by TSC Today at 12:48 pm

nick_fury wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo, didnt look like a great player at 18. Had good attributes such as pace and tricks. Do you remember his debut at United....probably not knowing you.

No nick, I can't say I remember every single player's debut, especially seeing as that was 9 years ago.

Well I remember Ronaldo's. Bolton at Old Traffod, 4-1 win. Ronaldo got about 25 minutes and looked far from great.

Im sure you know what hes like now.

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:57 pm

He wasnt poopie hot. He had some nice tricky, pace but no end product. Try find some highlights. If there on youtube I bet they show the trick he pulls off and thats it. No failed ones and no crosses or shots he he had any/many.
Going on memory I dont think he had a shot but he did put some crosses in which were poor.

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:58 pm

Ha, if Pogba turns out to be of Ronaldo's class I will admit I know FA about football and stick to watching carpet bowls.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:06 pm

Ha, if Pogba turns out to be of Ronaldo's class I will admit I know FA about football and stick to watching carpet bowls.

TSC, you know stuff about football, we all do on here.

My point is I think you views on Pogba are a unfair. From what we have discussed this morning you base your point on a promising player should look like he will be great no matter what age/match time etc.
I just feel its unfair as players are developed and nurtured differently.

There has been examples of players being touted as wonderkids at the age of 18 and failing. (there will be a lot of these as the talent they have probably makes them big headed and they fail)
and one example of a player who didnt look like he would be an "amazing great" at 18 but is arguably the world best player. (probably less of these type of players as it takes talent and a lot of hard work)

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:13 pm

nick_fury wrote:
He wasnt poopie hot. He had some nice tricky, pace but no end product. Try find some highlights. If there on youtube I bet they show the trick he pulls off and thats it. No failed ones and no crosses or shots he he had any/many.
Going on memory I dont think he had a shot but he did put some crosses in which were poor.

So? I was told he was Poopie hot on his debut, with his tricks and how he terrorised the Bolton defence, then it was revealed after a couple more appearances he couldn't cross a ball to save his life!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:16 pm

NEW HOME PAGE NEW HOME PAGE NEW HOME PAGE NEW HOME PAGE NEW HOME PAGE NEW HOME PAGE NEW HOME PAGE NEW HOME PAGE NEW HOME PAGE NEW HOME PAGE NEW HOME PAGE NEW HOME PAGE NEW HOME PAGE NEW HOME PAGE NEW HOME PAGE

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20