The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done Wales

3 posters

Go down

Will Wales beat France?

Well done Wales Vote_lcap44%Well done Wales Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 8 ]
Well done Wales Vote_lcap56%Well done Wales Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 18

Well done Wales Empty Well done Wales

Post by idris Sun 11 Mar 2012, 7:12 pm

Defence wins matches and Wales have the best defence in the tournament. That is why they are almost mathematically guaranteed to win the tournament, but will hopefully win the slam too.

Wales have not conceded a try 2 games on the bounce and the Way England took apart France it shows how well Wales really did to get a win in a place where they normally concede 40/50!!

Wales defence so far has been:

Leaked 2 tries
Leaked 1 try
Zero
Zero
Who knows....?

Wales need to play with ridiculous pace from the off and run straight against France. They must bring North, Cuthbert and Halfpenny in for work and on angles as much as possible.

Rougerie looks like France's most defensive liability so I hope he plays. We can see today that Wales must do the show and go and take the man on the inside shoulder as much as possible. We need to be more intelligent than just bashing through France.

France will be tired from 4 games on the trot so Wales must make the most of this. France aren't scoring a lot of tries, but they are excellent at the breakdown and they seem to win a lot of penalties so if Wales don't score many tries then it could be won and lost with kicks.

I am confident Wales can score more tries than they concede next week, but they must play more intelligently and make the most out of France weaknesses.

idris

Back to top Go down

Well done Wales Empty Re: Well done Wales

Post by Biltong Sun 11 Mar 2012, 7:23 pm

I assume you mean mathematical due to points difference if Wales loses.

I agree bashing it up against france isn't going to work, Phillips especially must look to offload once he has gained meters. I am sure France will have learn't from Italy and put pressure on Priestland.

He needs to stand a little deeper, just so that he has enough time to make decision, he needs to kick better tactically.

Not sure how well their line out will go against France.

From a french perspective the biggest problem is their unpredictability, just like England tonight who clicked for the first time, the Franch have not yet, and it is impossible to tell whether they will.

Undecided as to who will win, France has a good record vs Wales, the years that Wales won the slam in the last decade was the times (obviously ) that they beat france, so perhpas being 4/4 is a good omen.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 11 Mar 2012, 7:26 pm

Yeah I agree well done Wales. Too much congratulations going on for the 2nd/3rd/4th place finishers today Wink.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by idris Sun 11 Mar 2012, 7:28 pm

Wales beat France at home in 1996 and in 1999 during a world cup warmup.

The home record is terrible and the most recent win is the 2008 slam. Wales don't have a recent history in messing up grandslam day so fingers crossed.

Wales have won in Paris in 2001 and 2005 and only once at home in the Six Nations. That is a bizarre record.

I really hope Priestland does't kick possession away needlessly he has done a lot of that especially pointless chip kicks.

Wales need to run it all. France will be tired and they have the backs to beat them.

idris

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 11 Mar 2012, 7:30 pm

I think it is dangerous to assume they will be tired, they might just be battle hardened by next weekend, I am sure there won't be a lot of training this week, just enough to stay fit.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down