The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raonic on Federer and Nadal

+10
time please
amritia3ee
lydian
sirfredperry
Josiah Maiestas
lags72
bogbrush
Tenez
hawkeye
CAS
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Raonic on Federer and Nadal  - Page 3 Empty Raonic on Federer and Nadal

Post by CAS Thu 15 Mar 2012, 2:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Canadian has said what I have noticed quite a few players say over the years, you know what you have to do against Rafa its just very difficult, against Federer you just don't know whats coming and is out of your hands.

Q. You played Nadal twice; you played now Federer. For you, who is the tougher opponent?

MILOS RAONIC: I think it's two different things. I think against Nadal, I feel like I just was able to sort of get more into the match. I feel like if Federer plays well he can just blow you out quicker.

I think Nadal might be tougher to close out just because of how adamant he is and how much he perseveres through things. Against Rafa, I feel like I had it in my hands. I had a few more opportunities in my hands that I didn't execute.

Against Federer, I feel like [that even] if you did the things right he could take it away from you pretty quickly.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=78312

CAS

Back to top Go down

Raonic on Federer and Nadal  - Page 3 Empty Re: Raonic on Federer and Nadal

Post by socal1976 Sat 17 Mar 2012, 12:12 am

Thanks for the explanation so on the forehand in tennis ssc would involve loosening the wrist and getting that last bit of snap through the tennis ball? Or when serving how coaches teach you to loosen up your wrist and shoulders to get that whip on the ball. Very interesting, definetly power and spin are impacted by having a loose wrist. But you are right as you loosen up and try to get that snap it does become more risky and more prone to error. I don't know am I getting it right or not lydian?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 17 Mar 2012, 12:41 am

You got it socal! (and using the shoulder to bring the racquet through)
OK
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3