The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brightside - If Khan loses you get him back!!!!!!!

+7
oxring
Imperial Ghosty
Steffan
Daz
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
11 posters

Go down

Brightside - If Khan loses you get him back!!!!!!! Empty Brightside - If Khan loses you get him back!!!!!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Mar - 3:02

Defeat isn't an option for khan....If he loses twice to an average guy like Petersen....Where is the market for him apart from England where he'll be a huge name....

This fight is huge for Chilli King Khan ey.........A loss surely stops any chance of greatness.....exposes him as below world class..damages his marketability in a major way.. and basically he becomes an unsuitable option for the big names..

If Khan isn't feeling pressure he really should start now.....everything is riding on this fight!!

Look on the brightside though If he loses he goes home back to England where he'll be appreciated no doubt!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Brightside - If Khan loses you get him back!!!!!!! Empty Re: Brightside - If Khan loses you get him back!!!!!!!

Post by Rowley Fri 16 Mar - 3:09

Will ignore the not good enough for America but England will take him jibes which are transparent even for you Truss, but I do tend to agree there is a huge amount riding on this, hewould not be the first guy to have fits with a a guy he should beat, only have to look at Barrera with Jnr Jones and Marco went on to have a great career but you have to think if Petersen does beat Khan again he does it by pressure and working him over inside, to do it twice would suggest serious flaws in Khan's game and perhaps more importantly an inability to address the flaws.

Personally I think Khan will beat Petersen this time round but as you say the pressure is on and would probably also say if he wants to have this put down as a blip he could do with looking good in the process.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Brightside - If Khan loses you get him back!!!!!!! Empty Re: Brightside - If Khan loses you get him back!!!!!!!

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 16 Mar - 3:09

Great................

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Mar - 3:14

No point to you is there Soldier boy??? just hit and run in every section..

Where did I say he's not good enough for America??? paranoia??

Saying the fact he isn't American and defeated twice to a relatively average guy makes him pretty un-marketable for the pay he'll want there!!

Don't be sensitive Rowley....as to the tiresome irritant..get a life!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 16 Mar - 3:15

Think that Peterson isnt an average boxer as you mention, he has come on very well since the contraversial decision against Bradley. I admit he isnt a great fighter and he doesnt do anything outstanding but he will give anyone a very tough night.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Mar - 3:18

We'll disagree..Petersen is average for me...Nothing remarkable about him at all....

Bradley loses to every single welterweight champ in the 80's apart from Vaca for my money...

Timing is everything for him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 16 Mar - 3:21

I can see what you are saying, Khan is good but not great, too many holes in his game. That's why someone like Peterson can trouble him. Neither are brilliant, Khan has talent but he isnt and never will be a great fighter.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Mar - 3:23

Depends how you define greatness.....

Will the Klits be great????.......If he beats petersen in a rematch and holds the crown for a few years who knows..

Maybe longevity will be enough?????

Mosley lost twice to Forrest...however Petersen is ordinary for me and two defeats tio him will need some explaining..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 16 Mar - 7:57

This article is the best subtle WUM iv seen so far on this version of 606 Boxing

Nice one Truss. Couldnt have done better myself thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 16 Mar - 8:19

Bradley virtually shut Peterson out, there was no controversy to that fight at all.

Losing again will damage his marketability beyond immediate repair, would have a lot of work to do in order to build it up which could be tricky as he'd become a very high risk but low reward fighter.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 16 Mar - 9:15

Bradley dominated Peterson. Saying otherwise probably means you didn't actually see the fight.

Agree re: Bradley as a welterweight. I don't see it - he's a top LWW - but I'm not convinced his average power at 140 translates into much at 147.

Anyway - it is possible that Khan rebuilds from the drawing board over here - however - I could see him stepping up to 147 soon and chasing some in house hyped but average opposition. Like Ortiz. Or rematching Maidana in a crossroads affair.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 16 Mar - 11:15

Despite his loss to Peterson I still believe that Khan is the standout boxer in the 140lb division and I fully expect him to dominate in the rematch, his speed and good power should be enough to beat most at 147lbs regardless of inside weaknesses.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 16 Mar - 13:41

I honestly don't think anyone stands him here either, hence the reason he went running off to America. Only now he'd made a fool of himself over there too.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Mar - 20:21

Just pointing out that Khan has an interesting marketing dilemna If he loses this time around in the States...

Who the heck is going to be interested in Johnny foreigner If he's been exposed..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 16 Mar - 20:23

May depends how he loses Truss, Gatti lost his share but tended to entertain in the process, obviously Khan does not have the whiskers to be the new Gatti but Maidana was a good fight, Petersen one was decent, if a loss second time round is entertaining he may still be able to find a market.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Mar - 20:27

Anyone who watched Gatti...

Colorful...charismatic always exciting can see why he conquered America...Basically a foreign Pazienza!!

Khan is a dullard in comparison...

I see where you are coming from but totally different characters for me Rowls..

Khan is Asian too.......Not the greatest thing to be back home at the moment..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 16 Mar - 20:35

Despite the fact that this thread does look a bit like a windup/jibe, I do agree that Khan will take a serious backwards step if he loses this one. He'll still be in demand for fights around the top tier of the LWW division, but any notion of him having 'star power' and the upper hand in negotiations will be largely gone.

If he loses, it's going to look particularly bad because of how much stink was kicked up regarding the fairness of the first decision (although, as we all know Khan had nothing to do with that appeal, which was solely down to the efforts of Golden Boy Promotions!).

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Mar - 20:37

I don't care what it looks like to you..

All valid points......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 16 Mar - 20:44

All fair points Truss, Khan certainly does not possess Gatti's blue collar appeal or likeability but do think there is always a market for a guy who is good to watch and with his questionable chin and tactical flaws Khan will probably always be that

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Mar - 20:48

It would help If he had some endearing appeal though........

Gatti was handsome with a likeable personality........People warmed to him...

Khan wants big money...A loss to Petersen means the UK will be the only place he can be assured of getting it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 16 Mar - 20:48

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I don't care what it looks like to you..

Nice attitude

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:All valid points......

Which I largely agreed with...

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Mar - 20:51

My attitude is fine...can be tiresome however hearing the same WUM-thread stuff from the same people.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 17 Mar - 0:42

Yes it is a massive fight for Khan. I think we are all forgetting that few people actually agreed with the result, many people thought Khan won.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat 17 Mar - 0:53

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:My attitude is fine...can be tiresome however hearing the same WUM-thread stuff from the same people.........

Yes because you’re completely unbiased and never wind people up to provoke discussion. You would be great on TalkSport

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Sat 17 Mar - 0:54

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Bradley virtually shut Peterson out, there was no controversy to that fight at all.

Losing again will damage his marketability beyond immediate repair, would have a lot of work to do in order to build it up which could be tricky as he'd become a very high risk but low reward fighter.

My bad - got confused with the Ortiz fight.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 17 Mar - 0:56

Also tiresome having my threads invaded by one line hit and run muppets...who's whole aim in life is to irritate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat 17 Mar - 1:08

Don't be so full of yourself. But your so transparent it irritates me.

Sorry I cant devote my whole attention to posting, I have actually got a job and a life which does take up some time as well.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 17 Mar - 1:09

You think I'm transparent..because you go around this site on all the sections abusing people...

Have to remember kiddo that not everybody is as sad as you!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 17 Mar - 1:12

Look to any even-minded poster out there.....

I'll accept this a wum article If anybody can tell me how Khan remains a headline fighter in the US earning big money If he's beaten by the ordinary Petersen twice?????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 17 Mar - 1:13

Any chance we can give it a miss lads, am busy at work and the only mod on here, really not wanting to spend the afternoon deleting comments and tidying up threads, if you find someone full of it either not opening their threads or using the foe button will probably work better than insulting each other.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Sat 17 Mar - 1:16

Why are you getting so irate and defensive Truss? I think Khan, along with quite a few people, will beat Peterson easily in the rematch, and will go on to be a 2 weight world Champ at WW.

If he loses, he goes to the UK, fights Kell Brook/Matthew Hatton and starts from square one.

Simple.

Why argue, and troll the board with your irrelavent comments?

I feel sorry for Rowley!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 17 Mar - 1:18

Oh another little abusive irritant..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 17 Mar - 1:20

I'm so irrelevant you feel the need to write drivel on my thread...

Ok!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 17 Mar - 1:22

Said I did not want to spend all afternoon cleaning up, thread locked

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down