The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby League news

+11
Steel
aucklandlaurie
The_Enigma
davidl1061
drsambo1928
Pal Joey
sherlock123
George Hotel1895
dublfcynwa
Luke
Kenny
15 posters

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Rugby League news  - Page 18 Empty Rugby League news

Post by Kenny Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Gareth Ellis has said he will make a decision on which team he will join before the end of March , his agent has said they have had offers from several clubs but have narrowed it down to 4 teams ...while he did not mention which clubs they were they are believed to be Leeds , Hull FC , Huddersfield and Warrington .

Catalan Dragons have denied Hull KR permission to train on the Stade Gilbert Brutus pitch before saturdays Superleague game , rules state it is the home teams choice if they allow visiting teams to use their pitches or not . Catalans have told Rovers to train elsewhere which hasn't gone down well with them , odd decision from the Dragons as they usually allow all visiting teams to use their facilities .

Ryan Bailey has been given a 3 match ban and a £300 fine for pushing a match official during Leeds Rhinos game against Warrington Wolves , Brent Webb was also fined £300 and given a verbal warning for the same offence in the same incident . Warringtons Mickey Higham received a 2 match ban for a high tackle on Rob Burrow in the same game .

Bradfords Jarrod Sammut was given a 1 match ban for a dangerous tackle against Hull KR , Hull FC prop Mark O'Melley was also given a 1 match ban for a dangerous tackle in Hulls game against St Helens .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Rugby League news  - Page 18 Empty Re: Rugby League news

Post by Kenny Tue 24 Dec 2013, 9:47 pm

Hull KR centre Sean Gleeson's injury problems continued after he broke his leg on the final day of the club's pre-season training camp in Tenerife.

Gleeson made just six appearances in an injury-hit first season following his move from Salford City Reds in 2012.

The 26-year-old feared injury might force him to retire earlier this year.

Robins chief executive Mike Smith said: "At this stage we are unsure as to the extent of the injury but we are hopeful of a speedy recovery."
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 27 Dec 2013, 3:40 am

Beast,

Not sure if you get t&a, if not go on the website for the full story as only caught the billboard outside a shop on the way to work, which was 'Bulls in choas as directors walk out' don't know rest as was late. Its boxing days paper.

Sorry Beast, the clubs in a complete mess and most of the loyal fans don't deserve this fiasco.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 27 Dec 2013, 6:28 pm

tigerrobins wrote:Beast,

Not sure if you get t&a, if not go on the website for the full story as only caught the billboard outside a shop on the way to work, which was 'Bulls in choas as directors walk out' don't know rest as was late. Its boxing days paper.

Sorry Beast, the clubs in a complete mess and most of the loyal fans don't deserve this fiasco.

Thanks Tiger, I saw this on Monday (on-line) it appears that no agreement could be reached between Omar Khan and the three new directors (Mr. Moore, Mr. Watt & Mr. Calvert) over the ownership/transfer of shares at the club and the directors have thus resigned.

A complete mess is putting it politely and it has to be said that it is not certain if the club has much of a future however it's not over yet, fingers, toes, eyebrows crossed.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 28 Dec 2013, 10:14 am

Given how the RFL have saved other teams i think they will intervene at some point

Am i right in thinking the RFL still own Odsal ? if so they wont want an empty stadium every other week
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 28 Dec 2013, 7:58 pm

Kenny wrote:Given how the RFL have saved other teams i think they will intervene at some point

Am i right in thinking the RFL still own Odsal ? if so they wont want an empty stadium every other week

Yes they do, and I think your right Kenny they will give help (especially given how much they helped Bradford last year).

Intresting comments from Halifax's Chairman, pointing out how they weren't considered for a franchise last time because they couldn't give the financial guarantees the RFL wanted, yet since then 4 clubs have gone under and how it isn't a fair field.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 28 Dec 2013, 11:23 pm

That is the biggest threat to our sport imo , when you have people like the Halifax chairman voicing his displeasure it makes me think how long will the people behind the clubs not getting a fair shake keep putting their backing into their clubs .

I will say it again rugby league can not go down a path of 6 - 8 Elite clubs it will ruin the sport
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 29 Dec 2013, 4:25 am

Kenny wrote:That is the biggest threat to our sport imo , when you have people like the Halifax chairman voicing his displeasure it makes me think how long will the people behind the clubs not getting a fair shake keep putting their backing into their clubs .

I will say it again rugby league can not go down a path of 6 - 8 Elite clubs it will ruin the sport

Agree,
which is why the two 12 then 8 league, might be the way to go at the moment. It may not be a long run thing(5/10 years), but that will be the way to keep these people etc intrested to keep spending/supporting the lower clubs.
RL can only survive as a premier sport, if it has a solid base to build from(which it dosn't at the moment), weather SL likes it or not, it needs the Championship/championship1 clubs more than it thinks it does, or they need SL.

He also mentioned that SL has had an increase in money, meanwhile the other clubs have had a decrease, and still chairmen of certain SL clubs want more. In my opinion, the debate isn't about SL, but RL as a whole and try to put it onto a solid base.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 30 Dec 2013, 2:00 am

Kenny wrote:Given how the RFL have saved other teams i think they will intervene at some point

The RFL did nothing to save Blackpool and have done nothing to save the London Broncos  furious 

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 30 Dec 2013, 11:01 am

I know you are a big advocator for a team in Longon George but i do think it has run it's course as far as Superleague goes for now , they should go into the Championship and build a base rather then struggle year upon year in Superleague

just my opinion
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 30 Dec 2013, 8:24 pm

Bradford Bulls Statement just released;

BRADFORD BULLS are pleased to announce that constructive talks have taken place today, between all important stakeholders, under the chairmanship of the Rugby Football League.
All parties concerned are working to maintain positive levels of progression, with a view to a final agreement being made over the club’s ownership in the near future.
Ian Watt, Andrew Calvert and Mark Moore will now continue to direct the business and the club will make no further comment at this time.

Sounds more positive only time will tell????????????

The comment regarding the RFL not wanting Odsal empty is I am sure 100% correct however not wishing to be pedantic and purely for info. the ground to my knowledge is owned by the Local Authority, the RFL purchased the Lease from the Bulls, I appreciate that this is a moot point but I thought you might find it interesting.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 04 Jan 2014, 10:51 pm

New Hull signing Chris Tuson will have to wait a few more weeks to make his debut after suffering an freak back injury in training. Tuson could miss the first few rounds of the new Superleague season after undergoing back surgery .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 06 Jan 2014, 11:56 am

Bradford Bulls have released Samoa international Frank Winterstein by mutual consent.

The 27-year-old back row agreed a one-year deal with the club in October after leaving Widnes Vikings, but did not play a single game for the club.

"I am disappointed to lose anyone, but when I met Frank he did talk about an opportunity to play rugby union in Australia," said boss Francis Cummins.

"If a chance has arose elsewhere then we cannot really stand in his way."
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 07 Jan 2014, 12:16 pm

Kenny wrote: Bradford Bulls have released Samoa international Frank Winterstein by mutual consent.

The 27-year-old back row agreed a one-year deal with the club in October after leaving Widnes Vikings, but did not play a single game for the club.

"I am disappointed to lose anyone, but when I met Frank he did talk about an opportunity to play rugby union in Australia," said boss Francis Cummins.

"If a chance has arose elsewhere then we cannot really stand in his way."
A majority of fans won't miss him.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 07 Jan 2014, 12:18 pm

The Bulls sign 3 Warrington players on loan. I have a feeling the coming season is going to be more than difficult for the Bulls.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-league/25637376

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 07 Jan 2014, 9:17 pm

Russell Packer got two years jail for his assault in Sydney.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/russell-packer-of-the-newcastle-knights-sentenced-to-two-years-jail-20140106-30crw.html

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 07 Jan 2014, 9:53 pm

Shocking.

In other news, Jamal Idris has signed for the Panthers.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 08 Jan 2014, 2:34 pm

Former England international Gareth Ellis will retain Hull FC's captain role for the 2014 Super League campaign.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 09 Jan 2014, 4:35 pm

Hull winger Jason Crookes is set to be out of action for at least four months after injuring his shoulder in training.

The 23-year-old, who had just returned from a wrist operation, faces surgery before a full prognosis can be made
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 09 Jan 2014, 4:38 pm

PAPUA New Guinea pair Francis Paniu and Enoch Maki are in jeopardy of seeing their moves to Hull KR derailed by visa problems.

The duo remain stuck in their homeland and have been told it will be a further two months at least before any possible arrival.

Rovers announced they had signed the 24-year-old pair on one-year deals during the recent World Cup, subject to the proviso they would be granted the relevant paperwork.

Obtaining that necessary paperwork is, however, proving a stumbling block, with the proposed moves in real danger of falling down as a result.

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 10 Jan 2014, 12:50 pm

Super League club Bradford Bulls have confirmed an agreement regarding their ownership has been reached in principle.

The Bulls have been parked in a state of confusion for the last month after the transition from owner Omar Khan to a new three-man group of Andrew Calvert, Mark Moore and Ian Watt failed to happen.

The trio stepped down from their positions on Christmas Eve citing issues with Khan, claiming the man who rescued Bradford from the mire in 2012 had not kept his side of the bargain.

The three men returned to lead the club on December 30 but on Thursday Bradford said that just Calvert and Watt would direct the Odsal outfit, with Moore there only for the benefit of the club and its fans.

"A meeting between all parties concerned, including current and former directors, along with representatives of the Rugby Football League, was staged at Bulls' Provident Stadium home earlier on Thursday."

"And details of its outcome are to be finalised in due course, allowing the Bulls to continue to be directed by Ian Watt and Andrew Calvert.

"Former chairman Mark Moore is to continue to work as part of the club for the benefit of supporters, staff and partners."
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 10 Jan 2014, 12:52 pm

Scott Moore has been released from the remainder of his North Queensland Cowboys contract in order to return to Super League ahead of the new season.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 10 Jan 2014, 1:06 pm

St Helens signing Mose Masoe is to miss the start of the 2014 Super League season after undergoing surgery to repair ankle ligament damage.

Masoe, 24, joined from NRL side Penrith Panthers, and made four appearances for Samoa at last year's World Cup.

"It's frustrating but one wise man said 'it's not how you take off, it's how you land'," said Masoe.

"Hopefully it's a little hiccup. They chuck a couple of screws in and it's meant to be good forever."
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 12 Jan 2014, 6:40 am

Reni Maitua (back at the Bulldogs after a two year stint at Parramatta), pleaded not guilty to a charge of assaulting a taxi driver in Sydney is apparently going to change his plea in accordance with the Mental Health Act.

Sonny Bill is not now going to play at the Auckland Nines next Month, but apparently former Rooster Brad Fittler (42) is going to play, also at the Nines, the Brisbane Broncos had asked brad Thorn to turn out for them, apprently Thorn was keen but the idea was pretty quickly shot to bits by Thorns current empolyer, The Highlanders.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 31 Jan 2014, 8:54 pm

Bradford Bulls;

The Bulls ownership has now been resolved but no without a potentially large hiccup.  For reasons unknown a problem meant that the sale of OK Bulls from Mr. Khan fell through, the company went into Administration but was immeadiately purchased by Messrs, Moore, Calvert & Watt who have formed a newco.

The club are hoping that the "technical" nature of the adminstration will mean they avoid a fine and or points deduction, we await responses from Mr. Khan and the RFL.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 05 Feb 2014, 5:13 pm

Salford Red Devils' close-season signing Gareth Hock has no intention of playing for England while head coach Steve McNamara remains in charge of the side.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:22 am

Premiership rugby union side Bath are in talks to sign England rugby league international Sam Burgess from the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Burgess is contracted until 2017 but the RFU are looking at buying him out of his contract .

source bbcwebsite
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 08 Feb 2014, 6:32 pm

Couple of things:

If Burgess does leave Souths, then apprently Gi wont be too concerned, this goes back to a Souths not winning the premiership last year.

I also read down here somewhere that if he goes, he could be out of Redfern in the next couple of weeks, before the NRL starts.

This is a shocking blow for English/International league if it materialises.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 15 Feb 2014, 1:34 pm

An RFL Operational Rules Tribunal has suspended two Batley Bulldogs players for breaching the sport's rules relating to betting.
Johnny Campbell has been banned for 12 months after betting on a number of games in which he played, including the Grand Final with Sheffield Eagles.
Ayden Faal did not play in that final but has been banned for six months for placing a bet on the game.
The tribunal accepted that there was no suggestion of match fixing.
Both players placed a bet that the first points of the Grand Final would be a Batley penalty goal.
Under RFL Operational Rules D1:10(c) "players shall not be involved in any manner or capacity whatsoever, whether for his own account or on behalf of any other person, in any betting in respect of any rugby league match or competition".
Winger Campbell and centre Faal were also deemed to have breached Operational Rule E5.3.1.3.1 which "forbids players from using, in relation to betting, any information they have by virtue of their position within the sport that is not in the public domain or readily accessible by the public".
source BBC website
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 15 Feb 2014, 1:41 pm

Just a little news on the Gareth Carvell ( Bradford / Hull FC ) situation

Bradford's appeal to the RFL apparently could cause a huge back lash for the league now Carvell has played for FC  as if the appeal goes in Bradfords favour ( as it should as Carvell should still be classed as under contract given he has been accepting wages ) then any games he has played for FC could be deemed null and void or FC losing any points gained for playing a illegal player .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 16 Feb 2014, 6:58 pm

Kenny wrote:Just a little news on the Gareth Carvell ( Bradford / Hull FC ) situation

Bradford's appeal to the RFL apparently could cause a huge back lash for the league now Carvell has played for FC  as if the appeal goes in Bradfords favour ( as it should as Carvell should still be classed as under contract given he has been accepting wages ) then any games he has played for FC could be deemed null and void or FC losing any points gained for playing a illegal player .

It would be messy yes! To my knowledge whilst appreciating that some media outlets have said that the Bulls are trying to block the move to Hull their statement said that they are looking to the RFL for "guidance" no talk of an actual appeal with any legal action taken against Mr. Carvell. If they are to appeal I for one will likely faint from amazement that the RFL admit a, an error and b, punish another club for the aforementioned mistake.

Not sure what guidance they will receive or what will be achieved in practical terms chasing Mr. Carvell what I am fairly confident about however is that with a squad of 23 or so of whom only 3 are specialist props they won't win many games and pretty well none that are close/trailing after 60 minutes. A nightmare as it is not even clear at present who currently actually owns the club (the administrator?), they appear to be financially crippled at least until they receive the full allocation of Sky monies (2015) by which time of course it may all be too late (relegated).

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 19 Feb 2014, 3:52 pm

Widely expected the RFL will announce Bradford Bulls will be deducted 4 points for going into administration
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 19 Feb 2014, 11:21 pm

Wigan have just thrashed the Warriors in the WCC warm-up game in Hamilton.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 21 Feb 2014, 4:55 pm

Bradford Bulls have clarified the situation with regard to their ownership by announcing that the current board of directors have had an offer accepted to take permanent control of the Super League club.
Since early last month, the Bulls have been under the temporary ownership of Bradford Bulls 2014 Ltd, who took control after its former holding company, owned by Omar Khan, entered into administration.
Bradford Bulls 2014 Ltd initially secured a 28-day Super League licence, allowing time for other interested parties to table offers for the club.
However, administrator David Wilson has now agreed a deal with the interim owners, who will now seek approval from the Rugby Football league to allow the club to continue competing in Super League.
In a statement, Bradford Bulls 2014 Ltd chief executive Robbie Hunter-Paul, who played for the Bulls from 1994 to 2006, said: "We are delighted that our offer has been accepted by David Wilson and are now approaching the final stages in the change of ownership of Bradford Bulls.
"The position of the board of directors of Bradford Bulls 2014 Ltd has always been to be open with supporters and stakeholders and that is why we are making an effort to update everyone concerned with precise and accurate information.
"The RFL's board of directors must now take a view on our offer, our plans for the future and the way in which we intend to work with creditors going forward.
"Despite recent reports, the ownership of the club now has to be approved by the governing body.
"There are right and proper protocols to follow and a due process which is still to take place. But we are extremely confident that we will receive ratification in the near future, handing us the right to operate in the sport's top flight.
"The first step was to offer the best deal for the club - and we have done that. The next is to get the nod from the RFL.
"We hope our supporters can appreciate the hard work that is going on here at The Provident Stadium, across all departments, to ensure a successful future for the Bulls.
"We believe we are close to a conclusion on the matter of ownership. That in itself is hugely pleasing.
"My message, to the fans, is to continue their fantastic support. We will take this club back to where it belongs."
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 22 Feb 2014, 10:14 am

Bradford;

Lee Gaskell out for 8  - 12 weeks with a knee injury sustained during the first 5 minutes of Thursday's game at Wakefield.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 22 Feb 2014, 1:34 pm

WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE

Sydney Roosters 36 (18)

Tries: Jennings 3, Moa, Waerea-Hargreaves, Kenny-Dowall
Goals: Maloney 6

Wigan Warriors 14 (0)

Tries: Burgess, Charnley 2
Goals: Smith 1

It was a decent game imo , Wigan started slowly and the Roosters took advantage of that but Wigan showed signs that they could cause them problems and played pretty well for the first 20 mins of the second half .The better team won the game no doubt about it .

There was something i noticed which wasn't picked up upon on commentary or by the ref but the Roosters played 3 scrums during the course of the match with no loose forward packed in the scrum ( so only 5 players ) .

I do love the club challenge though would like to see it played as a two game home/away fixture with the results combined for an overall score .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 23 Feb 2014, 1:05 pm

Did anyone read the letter in league express a couple of weeks ago, about how Wakefield tried to do what Bradford have done last year, but where basically told by the RFL that if they did they would lose there franchise, basically relegated. And it would face serious consequences if it did. If this is true what has changedin the last year?
Not having ago Beast, and am glad that Bradford's future is looking a little better, just curious as to why Bradford were allowed when Wakefield weren't, as in my opinion it's this kind of inconsistencies that drive fans away from the game.
Also when the 12 then 8 comes in, apparently Leeds are selling 2 season tickets,1 for the 12, then 1 for the 8.

Agree Kenny, Roosters were good yesterday, but thought Wigan gave away some stupid trys with daft turn overs which the Roosters were deadly in finishing. Wigan were great in the 20 mins after half time, and were on top before giving away another stupid try that killed them, they played well but Roosters always in control in my opinion.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 23 Feb 2014, 3:29 pm

tigerrobins wrote:Did anyone read the letter in league express a couple of weeks ago, about how Wakefield tried to do what Bradford have done last year, but where basically told by the RFL that if they did they would lose there franchise, basically relegated. And it would face serious consequences if it did. If this is true what has changedin the last year?
Not having ago Beast, and am glad that Bradford's future is looking a little better, just curious as to why Bradford were allowed when Wakefield weren't, as in my opinion it's this kind of inconsistencies that drive fans away from the game.
Also when the 12 then 8 comes in, apparently Leeds are selling 2 season tickets,1 for the 12, then 1 for the 8.

Agree Kenny, Roosters were good yesterday, but thought Wigan gave away some stupid trys with daft turn overs which the Roosters were deadly in finishing. Wigan were great in the 20 mins after half time, and were on top before giving away another stupid try that killed them, they played well but Roosters always in control in my opinion.

I have no idea what happened at Wakefield and like most Bulls fans only an inkling over what it happening at Bradford now.  What we have been told is that the recent administration was undertaken to take the club forward regarding ownership and the new directors are working with the creditors to pay the "old" debts not avoid them. If the Wakefield situation is the same I like you would find the RFL's stance very strange and worrying too IMO highlighting a lack fundamental overarching central policy. I do not think you are having a go your point is entirely fair and whilst it may have been rhetorical is it a very good question. 

For info. Bradford Bulls still need their SL licence rubber stamped by the RFL and to my knowledge still have major financial challenges particularly this season with 50% of TV revenue this year (I hope all fans do not underestimate the impact of what it in effect an approx. £1.2m fine for going to admin previously). Slightly off topic but I would argue strongly that the £1.2m should not have been distributed to other clubs but should have been used to pay creditors from the old regime or if not some kind of central project (marketing?) or maybe even towards an injured player/retired players fund.

IMO the RFL have a tricky decision to make regarding a points deduction, if competition points are removed with the current squad relegation will be exceptionally hard to avoid. Whilst that might be fair in hindsight I would rather them been relegated two years ago than the death by a thousand cuts that another punishment would likely bring. Having said that I appreciate that others might think that is fair and they are entitled to their views and yes if the Wakey situation was/is the same perhaps it is?

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 23 Feb 2014, 5:36 pm

Not sure if it has been mentioned here however Sean Long has left London Broncos as Asst. Coach.  He is reported to have said on twitter;

"London Broncos wanted to change my contract to part time. Finding that very hard with the travel. Wish the boys good luck for the rest of the year."

London Broncos statement however paints a different story;

"Unfortunately, Sean's performances as an assistant coach did not meet the professional levels expected at the club. As a result, his position as full-time assistant is no longer continuing."

"Whilst this decision had to be made by the club, we do wish Sean the best for the future."

Whatever actually happened hopefully he will find alternative employment elsewhere.BTW anyone else read his autobiography?

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 23 Feb 2014, 7:56 pm

From what I understand, it's to do with the forming of a new club, Wakefield wanted to and were denied, Bradford were allowed to. Though I could be wrong (memory going with age), but from what I remember that's the problem.
I personally think that the £1.2 million should have been put into the grassroots of the game, or for the benefit of players who cannot play after being injured. And totally agree that other SL clubs shouldn't have got it (even though my club benefited greatly from it), if they benefit from Bradford losing points fine, but only because any benefit should be gained on the pitch, not in the boardrooms.

As for a points deduction, I feel there has to be. 4/6 in my opinion, but it should be done now (I.e.this week), to give the team a fighting chance of staying up, rather than delaying it. You never know Beast, you played well on Thursday, got London this week and you do have some good strike players even though you have a small squad. Win on Sunday (Wakefield lose at Wigan you've got some hope. Though I do feel it's between you two to go down with London.
And who knows, the 12 then 8 could be to your advantage if you do go down.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 23 Feb 2014, 11:12 pm

The Beast wrote:Not sure if it has been mentioned here however Sean Long has left London Broncos as Asst. Coach.  He is reported to have said on twitter;

"London Broncos wanted to change my contract to part time. Finding that very hard with the travel. Wish the boys good luck for the rest of the year."

London Broncos statement however paints a different story;

"Unfortunately, Sean's performances as an assistant coach did not meet the professional levels expected at the club. As a result, his position as full-time assistant is no longer continuing."

"Whilst this decision had to be made by the club, we do wish Sean the best for the future."

Whatever actually happened hopefully he will find alternative employment elsewhere. BTW anyone else read his autobiography?

Yes i have it , not a bad read but Barrie Mc's and Moz are better
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:56 pm

Catalan Dragons hooker Ian Henderson has been ruled out for at least 10-12 weeks after breaking his wrist in the 40-12 defeat by Leeds Rhinos on Friday.

The 30-year-old has since had surgery on a fractured radius.

He joins team-mates Vincent Duport, Ben Pomeroy, Scott Dureau and Damien Cardace, and suspended Julian Bousquet and Olivier Elima on the sidelines.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 03 Mar 2014, 11:03 pm

this is being reported on the bbcwebsite

A Rugby League player could lose an eye after he was attacked outside a nightclub in Greater Manchester.

Hull KR's Sean Gleeson was repeatedly punched in the face after a row with three men in Ibiza Bar, King Street in Wigan, about 04:00 GMT on Sunday.

Wigan-born Gleeson, 26, suffered serious injuries to his eye and eye socket. He remains in hospital for treatment.

Police have released CCTV images of three men they would like to speak to.

They said Gleeson was involved in a fight with one man before "others joined in".

Det Ch Insp Howard Millington said: "A young man has been left with serious, potentially life-changing injuries as he could lose his eye."
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 06 Mar 2014, 3:26 pm

Castleford Tigers have released Australian half-back Brett Seymour from his trial period at the club.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 06 Mar 2014, 3:29 pm

The Man of Steel award, given every year to the Super League player of the season, is to be renamed in memory of the late Steve Prescott.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 22 Mar 2014, 8:42 am

Bradford Bulls

The saga continues with ownership still not signed, it is reported that the RFL are waiting for further evidence of proof of funds.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 22 Mar 2014, 7:16 pm

The Beast wrote:Bradford Bulls

The saga continues with ownership still not signed, it is reported that the RFL are waiting for further evidence of proof of funds.

From what I understand it's to do with a mystery bidder, though Lamb is still favorite, announcement expected on Wednesday. One of the bids is to have the Bulls moving to Valley Parade. Not sure that this is a good or bad thing, could alienate supporters with most not wanting to go (odsal and most Bulls support is south Bradford, Valley parade north), but it's an all seater not bad stadium that might help cut some costs.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:19 pm

And the new owner of the Bradford Bulls is............Marc Green. Former Wakey & Cas CEO Steve Ferres appointed as MD, their priorities are keeping the Bulls in SL.

At last some hopefully good news for the Bulls, thank you Marc.

I guess we will find out soon enough of what the plans are to keep SL status.  Two good quality props, a second rower and appeal to regain perhaps 2 points of the 6 deducted by spring immediately to mind. Not sure if that last point can be done (they can appeal) but Green is a creditor of the previous company??

Oh and if they pull off getting Diskin, Sidlow, Ferguson, George & Foster fit v. soon that would be a further miracle!!.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Mon 21 Apr 2014, 7:04 am

Rumours around this town that Benji marshall is trying to get out of his contract woth the Auckland Blues and go back to the NRL.

Last edited by aucklandlaurie on Mon 21 Apr 2014, 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Mon 21 Apr 2014, 7:08 am

Heres a story on it:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/benji-marshall-seeks-return-to-nrl-20140421-zqxdz.html

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 01 Jun 2014, 3:52 pm

Michael Monaghan announces his retirement at the end of the season, top quality player IMO, it will be interesting to see if/how Warrington replace him having arguably struggled (relatively) post Lee Briers.  

Good luck to Michael Monaghan who I read is hoping to stay in the UK and look for a coaching position.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next