The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Bernard Hopkins is a ******* Cheater"

+16
ADMIN
Lumbering_Jack
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Rowley
The Galveston Giant
BALTIMORA
hazharrison
oxring
Scottrf
azania
coxy0001
Imperial Ghosty
HumanWindmill
88Chris05
Union Cane
D4thincarnation
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Bernard Hopkins is a ******* Cheater" Empty "Bernard Hopkins is a ******* Cheater"

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:04 pm

Those are the words of Jean Pascal yelled out at a press conference for the rematch with Hopkins.

Pascal is accusing Hopkins of taking illegal drugs and asked if Hopkins was willing to take blood tests.
At 46 Hopkins is in surprisingly good shape and can still compete at the top level but does this mean he taking PEDs?

Has it become a culture where greatness is surrounded by suspicion, sad thing if this has become the case.

Hopkins response was similar to Pacquiao's, saying that he will take any test required by Provincial Boxing Board.

http://www.boxingscene.com/jean-pascal-bernard-hopkins-fking-cheater--37532

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

"Bernard Hopkins is a ******* Cheater" Empty Re: "Bernard Hopkins is a ******* Cheater"

Post by Union Cane Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:05 pm

You nearly didn't mention him there. Nearly.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

"Bernard Hopkins is a ******* Cheater" Empty Re: "Bernard Hopkins is a ******* Cheater"

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:08 pm

D4, of all your attempts (and there have been thousands) to spark a Manny-Floyd debate, this must be the most pathetic. And that's saying something.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:09 pm

Tacky remark by Pascal.

Even those who dislike Hopkins know that he is a model of professionalism and a dedicated trainer.

Pascal should be ashamed of himself.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:10 pm

Pascal should show more respect towards the greatest boxer of his generation

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:10 pm

Maybe he's already making excuses for losing?

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:10 pm

Couldn't keep it between Hopkins and Pascal, could you?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:12 pm

Hop should take the test to prove he is not a cheat. I dont doubt him though. Anyone who can remain at one weight for 20 years must be looking after himself right.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:12 pm

14 pounds in 6 months to fight Tarver, refuses to take a test, in some quarters that's enough for a jail sentence.

I've got Hopkins in this one. He's the more intelligent boxer, will adapt better and Pascal couldn't win the first with knockdowns.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:13 pm

Let's see how it plays out.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:14 pm

88Chris05 wrote:D4, of all your attempts (and there have been thousands) to spark a Manny-Floyd debate, this must be the most pathetic. And that's saying something.

Debate should strickly be about throwing accusations of PED use with no evidence and only the other fighters great attributes as suspicion.

Is this the world we live in now.

I agree with windy tacky comments, but I don't think this will be the last time such accusation are thrown just on the basis of being too good.

Does this give one fighter an edge mentally in the fight?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:15 pm

Same thing happened with Povetkin asking Klitchsko to take a test I think. Was forgotten about pretty quickly.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:15 pm

It is funny how some fighters get away without suspicion - and others don't.

I genuinely don't know how Hopkins escapes suspicion - probably because he isn't much of a power puncher. If he was decking LHWs - then people would be more suspicious - but his punching tends to be clean and timed as opposed to big and powerful.

Nice article d4
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:16 pm

Surely calling someone out is only going to egg their opponent on to get the job done quicker. B-Hop isn't going to sit back in the fight and think 'Oh, hang on, best not knock his ass out too quickly or they'll think i'm juiced'.

Seems pretty cowardly to me, trying to garner himself more attention going into the fight and put the focus back on Hopkins.

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:19 pm

King Beer wrote:Maybe he's already making excuses for losing?

Yes it must have hurt his pride losing to a 46 year old man, and Pascal being in his prime. But the fight was a draw on the books and though I had Hopkins winning by two round can't blame the judges too much for just calling 1 round different from how I saw it.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:21 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

Yes it must have hurt his pride losing to a 46 year old man, and Pascal being in his prime. But the fight was a draw on the books and though I had Hopkins winning by two round can't blame the judges too much for just calling 1 round different from how I saw it.

I saw it the same as you, D4, and I reckon that you are right in saying that Pascal is trying to hide his embarrassment.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:23 pm

To be fair here, Pascal's comment are relevant in drawing the manny comparison. I cant see how it isn't. Too many people have a bee in their bonnet about one poster trying manny's name however relevant the issue is. Face it, Pac and PEDs are now linked.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:25 pm

I, for one, would be amazed if there weren't a host of high profile fighters taking advantage of boxing's lax drug testing procedures.

With millions of dollars on the line, why wouldn't fighters seek to gain an edge? The modern obsession with weight jumping only adds to the appeal.

Fighters advancing several weight divisions beyond their original start point, in a short space of time, and remaining lean and "cut" as body building types would say would appear quite a feat without the aid of concoctions and potions. Whether these are "legal" or not is a huge can of worms - but who's going to open it?

Promoters? Why would they care? Alphabet bandits? Why lose out on sanctioning fees? Governing commissions? Who have they ever caught? Fighters? Hey, if everyone else is doing it, right?

No-one with a vested interest gives a rat's ass - so you'd have to be an extremely trusting individual to believe everyone is on the level.

I'm amazed the likes of Pacquiao and Hopkins don't jump at the chance to be tested. For a 46 year old man to fight as well as he does and with Pacquiao's amazing ability to fight from bell to against huge men (I don't recall many fighters from history managing such a feat) they're both clearly medical marvels.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:26 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Tacky remark by Pascal.

Even those who dislike Hopkins know that he is a model of professionalism and a dedicated trainer.

Pascal should be ashamed of himself.

Agree with all the above, but as with that Filipino whose name momentarily escapes me, Hopkins does himself no favours by skirting around the issue when he could simply give a little blood.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:26 pm

Good point, i think we all know that Hopkins is a dedicated trainer, and has been in that kind of shape his whole career. He doesn't blow up much between fights and is always training. I really liked Pascal and have been a little disappointed by him after the Carl Froch fight, statements like that don't help much and would agree with King Beer that he seems to be making excuses already.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:26 pm

The strange thing is in that fight, is that Hopkins looked the fresher and younger fighter as the rounds went on. Had Pascal on the back foot and even applying pressure, while Pascal looked like he was struggling with his conditioning.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:27 pm

azania wrote:To be fair here, Pascal's comment are relevant in drawing the manny comparison. I cant see how it isn't. Too many people have a bee in their bonnet about one poster trying manny's name however relevant the issue is. Face it, Pac and PEDs are now linked.

Agreed, if anything it's probably the most high profile case of this happening and is relevant to the article.

I spose the issue is should B-Hop get tested just to prove the point to Pascal? Will that make B-Hops victory even more impressive? i doubt it. Would it make Pascal look like a sore loser? More than likely.

Surely the best talking for Hopkins to do is in the ring, with his fists?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:31 pm

You make fair points Haz, look at cycling where the testing is exhaustive, still people try to gain an advantage. Would be plenty naive to believe in a sport where the testing is, lets be frank a joke and the chances of being caught are negligable and the punishments lenient, there would not be countless fighters willing to try to gain an edge.

Before this degenerates into the inevitable and as Chris has said intended debate, will add I am not suggesting Hopkins or Manny are juicing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:35 pm

Scottrf wrote:Same thing happened with Povetkin asking Klitchsko to take a test I think. Was forgotten about pretty quickly.

Yes that seemed the get very little column inches and hasn't Vitali used PEDs in the past.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:37 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Same thing happened with Povetkin asking Klitchsko to take a test I think. Was forgotten about pretty quickly.

Yes that seemed the get very little column inches and hasn't Vitali used PEDs in the past.

I suspect that Wlad enjoys ' column inches ' rather more than Vitali.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:37 pm

rowley wrote:You make fair points Haz, look at cycling where the testing is exhaustive, still people try to gain an advantage. Would be plenty naive to believe in a sport where the testing is, lets be frank a joke and the chances of being caught are negligable and the punishments lenient, there would not be countless fighters willing to try to gain an edge.

Before this degenerates into the inevitable and as Chris has said intended debate, will add I am not suggesting Hopkins or Manny are juicing.

You can all the testing in the world, there will be still some that throw these accusations around. Even Usain Bolt has his doubters.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:39 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:The strange thing is in that fight, is that Hopkins looked the fresher and younger fighter as the rounds went on. Had Pascal on the back foot and even applying pressure, while Pascal looked like he was struggling with his conditioning.

Dear God in Heaven, now it sounds like you're given creedance to Pascal's comments...you're an WUM of the highest order!

You only had to look at Hopkins to see he was nowhere near as cut/ripped/whatever you kidz call it these days, as he's been for previous fights

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:40 pm

Usain Bolt submits to much more stringent testing though.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:42 pm

There will always be suspiscion D4 it is the nature of the world, when people do the exceptional it inevitably causes doubt. However when you are discussing a sport where the testing is woefully inadequate it hardly fosters an environment where it can be argued enough is being done to minimise those doubts.

I personally am with Haz on this, everyone involved in the sport has a duty to do everything they can to reduce the doubts and prove the sport is above board, particularly in a sport that is dangerous enough to start with. Personally would dearly love a guy like Hopkins or Manny to turn round and say "I know I am clean and will prove it, by whatever means necessary" then when they do the exceptional, the feats can be accepted as just that, with no caveats and no nudge nudge inferences because if they are clean their acheievements deserve praising without reservations.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:44 pm

rowley wrote:There will always be suspiscion D4 it is the nature of the world, when people do the exceptional it inevitably causes doubt. However when you are discussing a sport where the testing is woefully inadequate it hardly fosters an environment where it can be argued enough is being done to minimise those doubts.

I personally am with Haz on this, everyone involved in the sport has a duty to do everything they can to reduce the doubts and prove the sport is above board, particularly in a sport that is dangerous enough to start with. Personally would dearly love a guy like Hopkins or Manny to turn round and say "I know I am clean and will prove it, by whatever means necessary" then when they do the exceptional, the feats can be accepted as just that, with no caveats and no nudge nudge inferences because if they are clean their acheievements deserve praising without reservations.

Bingo !

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:46 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Usain Bolt submits to much more stringent testing though.

Point is there are still people out there that doubt him. Maybe it just a cross to bear for great athletes.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:48 pm

The point you seem to be missing D4 is Bolt is doing everything that could practically be expected to reduce the doubts. Just because people will still suspect him does not render the tests he takes pointless. At the minute nobody in boxing who merely submits to the commissions tests can argue the same.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:48 pm

The big problem with boxing unlike cycling or athletics is the years that have gone by where no acceptable level of testing has been done, passing a test now only proves your clean at the moment doesn't do much to curtail the doubt of before.

Look at Lance Armstrong who to my mind has never failed a test but there is sufficient doubt around for his previous samples to be retested which because they fall out of a 7 year timeframe he will not allow.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:49 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Usain Bolt submits to much more stringent testing though.
I'm sure D4 would like Manny to submit to some stringent testing

Hopkins didn't look like an advert for steroid use when he was crawling around on all fours against Calzaghe did he nor did he look like the PED poster boy when he and RJJ were doing boxing's tribute to Waldorf and Stadler.

Whilst I concur with Jeff that Hopkins really needs to nip this one in the bud lest boxing give itself yet another black eye, we all know Hopkins has done, and will always do, things his way and if it means him playing the renegade card again, I'm afraid that's what will probably happen.

"What? Popkins do what 'The Man' asks him? Say it ain't so!" He didn't apologise or toe the line over the incidents with Tito or Calzaghe so why should this be any different?

Bernard will always be the "Rebel without a Clue" in these instances.

Last edited by DAVE667 on Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punk - tuition)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:29 pm

D4,

If Bolt refused to give blood and said he was afraid of needles, then claimed it wasn't needles where the fear lay. It was a fear of giving blood.

Then say, Bolt agreed to only give blood 14 days before a race or else he wasn't gonna run.

Would you view this as acceptable?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:31 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Do you know something we dont? Isn't his missus that fit bird hayden something? Shocked

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:32 pm

Maybe is Hopkins head became bigger then the comment would have some basis.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:35 pm

azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Do you know something we dont? Isn't his missus that fit bird hayden something? Shocked

Just repeating an unsubstantiated rumour, az, ( because nobody else ever does that, ) and as somebody said, yesterday :

Rock Hudson and Tom Cruise.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:39 pm

He's a .....Sciencetologist? Shocked

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wow_junky Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:39 pm

As mentioned, it looks like it's going down the route of 1 boxer trying to get an advantage over another by throwing the PED accusation at them.

But in reality, the PED / drug testing issue is just another on a long list of problems with the sport that are unlikely to be sorted out

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:43 pm

Katie Holmes, Hayden Panettiere. Being gay sure looks fun.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:44 pm

Hero wrote:He's a .....Sciencetologist? Shocked

Haha !

He may well be, mate, and some would say that that's as close as he gets to ' sweet science. '

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:48 pm

Scottrf wrote:Katie Holmes, Hayden Panettiere. Being gay sure looks fun.
KATIE HOLMES, the twisty faced girl from Australia? Only advantage I can see with her is that she could blow you and still watch the telly at the same time. Whistle

I await Moderation with the greatest humility

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:49 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Katie Holmes, Hayden Panettiere. Being gay sure looks fun.
KATIE HOLMES, the twisty faced girl from Australia? Only advantage I can see with her is that she could blow you and still watch the telly at the same time. :whistle:

I await Moderation with the greatest humility

Hmmmmmmm...............

Not sure about this..

Is Katie Holmes Australian?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:50 pm

I always thought she was. Wasn't she in "Home and Away"?

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:50 pm

No just wiki'd her.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:51 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I always thought she was. Wasn't she in "Home and Away"?

And back to Wlad we go !

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:52 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Just repeating an unsubstantiated rumour, az, ( because nobody else ever does that, ) and as somebody said, yesterday :

Rock Hudson and Tom Cruise.

I didn't know he liked a straight jab. There were rumours about Lennox also. he liked randy with men (allegedly).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:52 pm

Hero wrote:No just wiki'd her.
Wait til her husband hears about it, he'll throw a hissy fit.

Was she at least in "Home and Away"....and are you looking at Katie Holmes or Eammon Holmes?

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:54 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Hero wrote:No just wiki'd her.
Wait til her husband hears about it, he'll throw a hissy fit.

Was she at least in "Home and Away"....and are you looking at Katie Holmes or Eammon Holmes?

Or Larry.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next