The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clev vs Krasniqi, Albert Hall, April 28th

+25
Melkor
Imperial Ghosty
Lance
manos de piedra
azania
quentins_monkey
Union Cane
Nico the gman
The Galveston Giant
jamesedwardcox
Seanusarrilius
Knowsit17
Super D Boon
bhb001
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TopHat24/7
School Project
88Chris05
ShahenshahG
Rowley
hampo17
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
d260005p
AlexHuckerby
KingMonkey
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Clev vs Krasniqi, Albert Hall, April 28th Empty Clev vs Krasniqi, Albert Hall, April 28th

Post by KingMonkey Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Has this already been done? I'd LOVE to go to the Albert Hall but not for this. No way.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Clev vs Krasniqi, Albert Hall, April 28th Empty Re: Clev vs Krasniqi, Albert Hall, April 28th

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:05 pm

WHO!!!!????

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Clev vs Krasniqi, Albert Hall, April 28th Empty Re: Clev vs Krasniqi, Albert Hall, April 28th

Post by KingMonkey Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Ranked #4 by the WBO you know.....

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Source? Who the heck is Krasniqi?!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:08 pm

He appears to have plenty of fights but I'm chuckling at all the red blocks in his recent opponents' records...

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=334763&cat=boxer

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:10 pm

This could be the straw that breaks the camels back for me. Fed up with Clev fighting nobodies.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:10 pm

BHop must still be ducking.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:12 pm

SHOCKING!!! You're gonna have to justify this one to me Super D, all I can say positive about it is that its a mild step up from the Male Nurse.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:13 pm

Frank Warren is a bit of an man sausage to be honest. Why would Cleverly fight this bum?

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:15 pm

You all react like this has come as a shock to you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:17 pm

rowley wrote:You all react like this has come as a shock to you.

I know but just for once I would like to come to the Boxing section and read that a good fight is being put on... I'm having a hard time justifying why I love Boxing right now...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:18 pm

15 opponents debuting or with 0 wins
6 opponents with between 1+5 wins
only 5 oponnents with double figure wins

For the love of god lets have a tiddlywinks tourny on here - the winner becomes cleverlys next opponent.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:21 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:15 opponents debuting or with 0 wins
6 opponents with between 1+5 wins
only 5 oponnents with double figure wins

For the love of god lets have a tiddlywinks tourny on here - the winner becomes cleverlys next opponent.

Warren must loathe Boxrec!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:21 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:

I know but just for once I would like to come to the Boxing section and read that a good fight is being put on.

And just once I'd like to go home to find Charlize Theron cooking me Chateau Briand without a stitch on, if I have managed to accept that is never going to happen it may be time for you to do similar.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:24 pm

rowley wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

I know but just for once I would like to come to the Boxing section and read that a good fight is being put on.

And just once I'd like to go home to find Charlize Theron cooking me Chateau Briand without a stitch on, if I have managed to accept that is never going to happen it may be time for you to do similar.

Depress the hell out of me then!! All I needed was comforting!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:25 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
rowley wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

Depress the hell out of me then!! All I needed was comforting!!

Part of growing up Alex, as I have had to accept I will always go home to TSMR making me pie and chips (if I'm lucky) you will similarly have to accept the ways of Warren and Arum.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Can they at least make me Pie and Chips?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:33 pm

As soon as I heard that Warren was planning on getting Cleverly another run out so (relatively speaking) soon after the Karpency 'fight', I was pretty much resigned to the fact that the quality of oppositon would be dire. Don't know of this Krasniqi fella and have absolutely no desire to look him up or check him out before this fight.

My patience with Cleverly is wearing very, very thin. Four defences of his 'world' title counting this one; Kuzmienski (not his fault, in fairness, but still dire), Bellew, Karpency and Krasniqi.

I'm actually embarrassed that this guy is rated as one of our best boxers, given that list.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:36 pm

If it counts for something, at least Cleverly is active...

I'm sure this will be billed as a stern test and tough warm up fight for the likes of Pascal and Cloud - Cleverly will then be fighting Hopkins sometime in 2017.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:36 pm

Bum of the Month competition is in rude health I see! Now, where are Steffan and Super D to defend this utter cack??!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Said at the time Chris that Warren was obviously going to try a quantity over quality approach, you can see that as soon as the criticism comes he will fall back on the argument that he is fighting every few months, no other world champion does that etc, the sad thing is he will nurse him through to about 10 or 12 defences like this and people will end up saying he can't be bad if he has 12 defences despite the fact that not one of those defences is against anyone with a pulse, don't want to join in the lets all slaughter Clev brigade but as you say increasingly hard to justify this.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Warren said; “Subject to confirmation from the WBO, Nathan has got a tough defence against Krasniqi who’s never been stopped in 39 fights and is ranked number four so it’s going to be a hard test for him.”

Cleverly said, “It’s great to be the first boxer in over 10 years to open up the doors to the famous venue to boxing again,”
“I love boxing in London and I’m over the moon that Frank has put on my world title defence at the iconic landmark and it will be the start of many big shows,”
“It’s a who’s who of boxing who have fought at the Albert Hall and to add my name alongside greats like Lennox Lewis, Naseem Hamed, Nigel Benn and Joe Calzaghe is a real honour and dream,”
“It’s a good omen that Joe was the last Welshman to box there for a title when he beat Stephen Wilson for the British super-middleweight title in 1995 so I’ll be looking to carry on the Welsh winning run there,”
“Krasniqi got a good record and he’s bound to be a hard test for me. The better the opponents the better I perform and Krasniqi will bring out the best in me,”
“I’ll also be keeping a close eye later that night from the action in Atlantic City between Hopkins and Dawson and will be looking to face the winner,”

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:44 pm

Errrrrrrr i have completely gone off Nathan "The Bum Beater" Cleverley WBO Champion.

Wow, has boxing really come to this?

UFC may have a new fan if this cowpat continues!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Steffan wrote:If Clev takes another fight like this (especially after me paying to watch Karpency) then il be losing interest myself. I dont think he will though he knows the public just wont take to him if he carries on doing that

This forum does get well OTT though you would swear Cleverly is singlehandedly bringing boxing to its destruction the way some people carry on

RebornD-e-orwhateverhisreallylong-username-is clearly has an agenda against Clev and nothing he can say will lead me to believe otherwise

Taken from the article:

https://www.606v2.com/t24533-cleverley-fight-and-career-direction

Seems Clev has left the Steffmeister down, big mistake!!!

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:46 pm

KingMonkey wrote: “I’ll also be keeping a close eye later that night from the action in Atlantic City between Hopkins and Dawson and will be looking to face the winner,”

I better you that Atlantic City will have no interest what so ever on the outcome of this fight in London Village

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
Steffan wrote:If Clev takes another fight like this (especially after me paying to watch Karpency) then il be losing interest myself. I dont think he will though he knows the public just wont take to him if he carries on doing that

This forum does get well OTT though you would swear Cleverly is singlehandedly bringing boxing to its destruction the way some people carry on

RebornD-e-orwhateverhisreallylong-username-is clearly has an agenda against Clev and nothing he can say will lead me to believe otherwise

Taken from the article:

https://www.606v2.com/t24533-cleverley-fight-and-career-direction

Seems Clev has left the Steffmeister down, big mistake!!!

Im not so sure Steffan will be popping up on this thread! Whistle

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:47 pm

“I’ll also be keeping a close eye later that night from the action in Atlantic City between Hopkins and Dawson and will be looking to face the winner,”

Don't make us laugh.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:52 pm

KingMonkey wrote:

------------------

hahaha, how many times has he mentioned fighting the winner of a Hopkins fight. The guy is a joke. If he wanted a challenge, he could easily go get one.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:06 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:SHOCKING!!! You're gonna have to justify this one to me Super D, all I can say positive about it is that its a mild step up from the Male Nurse.

I'm not defending him at all! Only Steffan can save the Clev now!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:18 pm

Nothing new to report. Another pee poor excuse of a 'world title challenger'. Got Frank Warren written all over him. Blah blah another Calzaghe blah blah blah.

Rolling Eyes mad Sad

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Might be British but Clev is a joke world champion

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:25 pm

I wish we could make a Cleverly vs. Chavez Jr fight - Both world champions, both are around the same weight (ignoring the odd bodily behaviour of the Mexican).

It could be promoted as "BUMFIGHTS" but that's already a trademarked name and probably wouldn't go down well on another usage.

Either way, I always support a British boxer, but Cleverly is no different to Chavez Jr. Therfore I can't honestly defend his choices.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesedwardcox Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:26 pm

http://www.wboboxing.com/wbo-will-not-sanction-the-nathan-cleverly-vs-robin-krasniqi-bout/

jamesedwardcox

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Cheers James, does anyone know who his mandatory is?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Hmm, so is his mandatory any better?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:30 pm

laughing Yahoo

Sorry Frank, no sale.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:32 pm

To be fair i've seen a fair bit of Krasniqi but that was on Eurosport a good few years ago when i was a diehard. Cleverly is starting to go backwards at an alarming rate.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Never seen a good live fight on Eurosport GG.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesedwardcox Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:35 pm

CHAMPION NATHAN CLEVERLY GB
1. Dmitry Sukhotsky (Int-Cont) RUS
2. Braimah Kamoko (WBO Africa) GHA
3. Soulan Pownceby (Asia-Pacific) NZ
4. Robin Krasniqi (WBO Europe) GER
5. Eduard Gutknecht GER

jamesedwardcox

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:36 pm

That's true Alex, probably why he was on it. He used to fight quite far up the bills but has been so quiet the last few years i didn't even know he was still fighting.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:37 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Hmm, so is his mandatory any better?

Last I heard Dmitry Sukhotsky was the mandatory.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Sukhotsky is a massive step in the right direction to be fair.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

alma wrote:Just checked and someone called dimitri sukhotsky is ranked number one by the WBO. He was unable to face Nathan this time as he's currently tiling my bathroom.

Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Is it any wonder Hatton,Calzaghe and Khan all left Warren soon as they got the chance,Frankie boy ain't prepared to risk his world champion with anyone near decent.

This WBO title is a joke,and this chaps is what we have all been on about on another thread,a great example of a paper champ.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:40 pm

jamesedwardcox wrote:CHAMPION NATHAN CLEVERLY GB
1. Dmitry Sukhotsky (Int-Cont) RUS
2. Braimah Kamoko (WBO Africa) GHA
3. Soulan Pownceby (Asia-Pacific) NZ
4. Robin Krasniqi (WBO Europe) GER
5. Eduard Gutknecht GER

Who the heck are these?!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:40 pm

"WBO Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel commented that the bout between Nathan Cleverly vs. Robin Krasniqi cannot and would not be sanctioned because Nathan Cleverly’s sanction against Karpency clearly stated that the bout was being sanctioned with the provision that the winner fight his mandatory bout

120 days from the day of the bout, subject to the WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests. See attached sanction."

They actually tried to duck the mandatory.... whoever that is!!!

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Is it any wonder Hatton,Calzaghe and Khan all left Warren soon as they got the chance,Frankie boy ain't prepared to risk his world champion with anyone near decent.

Not sure Calzaghe is the best example, he was with Frank for over 10 years and around 20 defences, not sure how other folk define as soon as they get chance but think you're stretching the term with Joe.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Sukhotsky wouldn't be bad, five times better than a Karpency or a Krasniqi at any rate. How will Frank worm his way out of this one?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:"WBO Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel commented that the bout between Nathan Cleverly vs. Robin Krasniqi cannot and would not be sanctioned because Nathan Cleverly’s sanction against Karpency clearly stated that the bout was being sanctioned with the provision that the winner fight his mandatory bout

120 days from the day of the bout, subject to the WBO Regulations of World Championship Contests. See attached sanction."

They actually tried to duck the mandatory.... whoever that is!!!

If its the number 1 ranked Sukhotsky it would be Clevs toughest fight to date.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:43 pm

I think I will fill this in...

http://www.wboboxing.com/wp-content/pdf/Mandatory_Challenger_Designation_Form-2007.pdf

...might be able to pick up a belt myself.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next