The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mania 29

+14
alanqlm
BigPhil
Liam
bretmeharty
hodge
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
psycho-gooner
BlueDragon1205
Marky
DDT
Fernando
Ent
Shot 21 LCFC
Lowlandbrit
18 posters

Go down

Mania 29 Empty Mania 29

Post by Guest Thu 22 Mar 2012, 5:52 pm

Yes we are not quite at Mania 28, but I read a report today that the WWE are looking to confirm the main event for Mania 29 at the first Raw show after Mania 28.

Now this was done last year (Cena Rock, but you already knew that)

This begs the question, will this be something WWE will do every year so as to give a full year of build up to maximise the potential buy rate and advertising?

"Right now they are looking at John Cena, The Rock, Steve Austin and The Undertaker as the top guys to build next year around."

HP Source: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/251753-report-wwe-looking-to-announce-wm-29-main-event-soon

Watcha think?

Back to top Go down

Mania 29 Empty Re: Mania 29

Post by Lowlandbrit Thu 22 Mar 2012, 5:58 pm

The only way this is a good idea is if it involves the Undertaker.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 22 Mar 2012, 5:58 pm

John Cena, The Rock, Steve Austin and The Undertaker in a fatal 4 way with a McMahon in every corner?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 22 Mar 2012, 6:47 pm

The rock put on his Facebook sometime ago he would see the stadium of wm 29 (?jersey) in April 2013, so he is likely to be main eventing again- maybe against cena again with the scores at 1-1?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 22 Mar 2012, 7:03 pm

Ent wrote:The rock put on his Facebook sometime ago he would see the stadium of wm 29 (?jersey) in April 2013, so he is likely to be main eventing again- maybe against cena again with the scores at 1-1?

Id expect to see Rock vs Cena at Summerslam OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Thu 22 Mar 2012, 7:22 pm

Could it be HBK v HHH?

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 22 Mar 2012, 7:24 pm

Punk v Austin?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Thu 22 Mar 2012, 7:25 pm

I'd love to see Kane come out on raw after Mania and CHallenge Taker, one last match, and they both fight to the finish, ending with the hat and the mask left in the ring and no sign of either of them, ever again....

Until Kane inducts Taker into the HOF the next year lol
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Thu 22 Mar 2012, 7:29 pm

I wanna see Rock vs Punk. Punk vs Stone Cold wouldnt work unless Punk goes back to his SES gimmick.

Punk v Rock would be the battle of 2 amazing talkers from 2 very different backgrounds but made it to the top.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Thu 22 Mar 2012, 7:35 pm

Punk vs Cena perhaps? Especially if Cena's just turned heel.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 22 Mar 2012, 8:07 pm

fernando wrote:
Ent wrote:The rock put on his Facebook sometime ago he would see the stadium of wm 29 (?jersey) in April 2013, so he is likely to be main eventing again- maybe against cena again with the scores at 1-1?

Id expect to see Rock vs Cena at Summerslam OK

Yes I meant they would face at summer slam and mania 29 would be the decider.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 22 Mar 2012, 9:33 pm

What about Rock Vs Orton for mania 29?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 22 Mar 2012, 9:57 pm

I called it a couple of weeks ago on a thread that i thought hbk and hhh would be announced soon ater wm

It scares me if they are looking to build next years around austin rock and undertaker, talk about trying to relive the glory days. They need to really think about making new glory days

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 22 Mar 2012, 10:37 pm

If they are going to announce a match for next years Mania then it should be the streak match. It should either be HBK or an up and coming superstar, who the streak if indeed is to be defeated, can be given too. Although I have said I would love HBK to have one more match and end the streak on match 3.

If it was an up and coming superstar, I would give it to maybe a Ziggler or Rhodes, although i'm all for CM Punk or Orton to end it. Personally, from a wrestling view I don't like to see matches announced a year before because of that reason, its a year before. From a commercial, business aspect it makes sense, a year of promos, merchandise etc and WWE will make allot of money.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Mar 2012, 12:01 am

hodge wrote:What about Rock Vs Orton for mania 29?

I'd like to see this, but only if it was heel Orton.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Fri 23 Mar 2012, 12:36 am

Why does everyone always say that they want heels vs the Rock?
Cant the Rock just turn heel?
Why does Cena have to turn Heel at mania to make it worth anything?

I'm not a massive fan of Cena or the Rock personally. But Could it not work like this?

End of Mania, whoever wins, doesnt really matter, lets say it's Rock, he beats Cena with the figure four leg lock, Cena lasts like 5 mins in the move but eventually taps, rock goes to the corners, does his usual crap...
Cena get up with tears running down his face in agony and hobbles over to the Rock, extending a hand to shake.
Rock takes his hand, looks him square in the face and spits in it. He pulls him in for the rock bottom and Delivers it, leaving Cena flat out in the ring as the rock goes to the ropes one more time and tries to start a stupid chant, the crowd dont go along with it so the Rok spits on Cena one more time before telling the crowd 'Screw you' as WM28 Goes off air....

Then on the Following Night, RAW, The rock comes down to the ring, Giving the fans all kinds, telling them that he suckered them all in and that he's a legend and no one's ever going to be a bigger legand than him, Cena comes out, A broken man and tries to reason with him, only for the Rock to laugh and get the crowd more against him.
Eventually the crowd get behind cena and the two square off, Cena Challenges the Rock to a rematch at WM29, A years buildup is promised and it's going to be the biggest match of all time, again.
Cena extends his hand one more time, only for the rock to kick him in the nuts and Rock Bottom him into the mat.
The Rock walks back towards the ramp as suddenly the lights go out.....

The bell tolls and the Undertakers music hits, he steps out from a wall of smoke on the stage and the Rock backs up into the ring, as the Undertaker gets closer he talks about how he is and alwas will be a bigger legend than the Rock, and how the streak is bigger than them both.
Eventually they're in the ring and Undertaker challenges the Rock to try to take the streak at WM29, the Rock is reeling from the callenge when Cena low blows him from behind and forces him to shake Undertakers hand before rolling out of the ring smiling.....

Over the year the Rock becomes some sort of onscreen heel personality, not wrestling much but he has the occasional match, maybe getting a small stable with him, maybe the Uso's and someone like Alberto Del Rio.
Taker, in what apears to be a more, goth biker style that creeping through, is involved with trying to stop Rocks guys from cheating too much, aided by Cena and maybe a slightly more Face version of Kane, not a babyface Kane tho (god knows thats awfull).

Culminating in a match with the Rock at Mania, Perhaps even with Cena in the Special Enforcer role so that there is still some sort of scope for the streak being broken by a younger guy.

This is all assuming that..
A.) Taker Dosent Retire this year
B.) Taker wins this year
C.) Rock is actually sticking around
D.) They dont do what I want and have Taker face Kane at WM29
E.) you got this far without skipping or falling asleep.
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Fri 23 Mar 2012, 12:53 am

Cena Vs Undertaker

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Fri 23 Mar 2012, 1:16 am

What about Rock V Undertaker.... bare with me

Rocks promo on Raw was about how he has beat all the best Austin Hogan and just needed Cena to cement his status as the best ever.

Taker comes out to confront Rock on Raw after Mania just to remind him he has 1 more person to beat.... simple.

Please note I really dont want this to happen but kinda makes sense.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Fri 23 Mar 2012, 1:34 am

look up 2 posts mate
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by djcc2004 Fri 23 Mar 2012, 7:33 am

cena v taker

rock v austin for one last time at mania

????

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 23 Mar 2012, 8:54 am

HHH beats Undertaker in a streak match. Undertaker somehow screws Cena during the Rock match. Cena cuts promo on RAW the next night, and Undertaker v Cena is set for WM29

Random morning thought. Don't think it will happen though.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 23 Mar 2012, 8:57 am

TwisT wrote:HHH beats Undertaker in a streak match. Undertaker somehow screws Cena during the Rock match. Cena cuts promo on RAW the next night, and Undertaker v Cena is set for WM29

Had a similar thought on the bus only mine was Taker beats HHH, Cena beats Rock, we get the lame ass handshake ending we all detest, gong hits, Taker is in the ring, stares at Cena and looks up at a carefully positioned WM29 sign.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 23 Mar 2012, 10:13 am

King Beer wrote:
TwisT wrote:HHH beats Undertaker in a streak match. Undertaker somehow screws Cena during the Rock match. Cena cuts promo on RAW the next night, and Undertaker v Cena is set for WM29

Had a similar thought on the bus only mine was Taker beats HHH, Cena beats Rock, we get the lame ass handshake ending we all detest, gong hits, Taker is in the ring, stares at Cena and looks up at a carefully positioned WM29 sign.

Yeah, that is probably better. Only problem is it doesn't really tee up what the Rock is doing afterwards. He is due to appear at Summerslam and then WM29.

Just read the first post again.......how does SCSA fit in all this? Are they going to try and get Angle or Lesner for a WM29 match. It surely can't be Rock v SCSA again (with nothing to fight for).

The more I think about it the more I think this is just a way for us to tune into RAW the next night. Maybe if it does end in a God awful handshake finish, then most people will be turned off and won't even bother to tune in. So by releasing this, it is at least teasing that something big could happen the next night.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 23 Mar 2012, 10:58 am

As Shawn Michaels once said, 'if it's on the innernet, it's gotta be true'. This is especially accurate re Wrestlezone.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Fri 23 Mar 2012, 11:05 am

Bluedragon I seen your post.... just think the prospect of Rock turning heel is less likely than me winning the title at WM29.

Especially on Cena everybody would just keep cheering him anyway cause he is The Rock plus he wont be hanging around permanently to keep up the heel persona so as soon as he went away for a couple of months and came back he would get cheered again.

Just thought my explanation maybe made a little more sense based on recent events.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Mar 2012, 1:01 pm

I only said I would only want to see rock and orton if orton was a heel because orton sucks as a face character. He is waaayyyyy better as the Heel an some of his best work was when he was the man sausage arrogant legend killer who would sooner punt you in the head than look at you

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 23 Mar 2012, 1:30 pm

I agree Orton works better as a heel, but even then he becomes boring.

There is only so long you can play that sadistic, moody persona for before it becomes boring and he doesn't have that next level up whereby he becomes a arrogant sod, like HHH did during his Reign of Doom.

For me he really excels at the edgy tweener role. Where he gets the crazy glint in his eye like he did when he was feuding with Christian.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Mar 2012, 3:36 pm

Ha just checked my previous post and my predictive text change a word to man sausage. I don't even know what word that was even supposed to spell

Aye suppose you're right about it becoming stale, just really can't stand him as a face character. There's nothing face about him I don't think, just think everything from his mic work to his in ring work is better suited to a heel character

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 23 Mar 2012, 3:37 pm

Did you type c-o-c-k-y?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down