The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer, Djokovic and Nadal, their future

+10
invisiblecoolers
polished_man
Positively 4th Street
Henman Bill
time please
lydian
laverfan
lags72
noleisthebest
jersey
14 posters

Go down

Federer, Djokovic and Nadal, their future Empty Federer, Djokovic and Nadal, their future

Post by jersey Tue 27 Mar 2012, 4:15 pm

Mark my words:

These 3 great players will ride into the sunset with: 18 slams for Federer, 12 Slams for Djokovic and 10 slams for Nadal.

Cool

jersey

Back to top Go down

Federer, Djokovic and Nadal, their future Empty Re: Federer, Djokovic and Nadal, their future

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 4:17 pm

Mark these words.

Stop being boring!

Back to top Go down

Federer, Djokovic and Nadal, their future Empty Re: Federer, Djokovic and Nadal, their future

Post by noleisthebest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 4:19 pm

Jersey,
here's a suggestion:
you write ONE article with all your "mark my words" predictions, and then this time next year another one with "I told you so" and then we all call you Jersey Goat.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by jersey Tue 27 Mar 2012, 4:20 pm

warning

jersey

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:17 pm

nitb : good suggestion !

I have a particular suggestion of my own as regards jersey's future erudite "contributions" to the Forum.

However, in the interests of decency, I shall exercise self-restraint.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:27 pm

lags72 wrote:

However, in the interests of decency, I shall exercise self-restraint.

You afraid of the Mods? Laugh

Jersey... please help us expand our poster base by some more 'pithy' articles. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:44 pm

laverfan - I am indeed ! I wish to do nothing to tarnish the image or reputation of 606v2.

I do, however, have cause to seriously question your encouragement that jersey should provide more 'pithy' articles, in the belief that it would somehow 'help us expand our poster base'

There is - I strongly suspect - far greater likelihood that further such contributions would have the complete opposite effect.

Be careful what you wish for ....... Erm

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:33 pm

I wonder if jersey is pulling the wool over our eyes with these perceptive articles Wink
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:59 pm

Dont jump(er) to conclusions Lydian Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:04 pm

lags72 wrote:laverfan - I am indeed ! I wish to do nothing to tarnish the image or reputation of 606v2.

I do, however, have cause to seriously question your encouragement that jersey should provide more 'pithy' articles, in the belief that it would somehow 'help us expand our poster base'

There is - I strongly suspect - far greater likelihood that further such contributions would have the complete opposite effect.

Be careful what you wish for ....... Erm

I think Jersey has been headhunted by the business brains of 606v2 and our mortal influence on the 606v2 Movers and Shakers is non-existent Lags Wink .....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:16 pm

Indeed Gav, too much worrying about these things could turn us into sweaters Shocked
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:43 pm

drumroll Very Happy

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:49 pm

Another 10 for Nadal? Fair enough. I think it's generous. I can see him getting 8 more.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Positively 4th Street Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:30 pm

I think jersey's (v-)neck is on the line here.

Positively 4th Street

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:37 pm

Positively 4th Street wrote:I think jersey's (v-)neck is on the line here.

He's used to being wrapped up in cotton-wool. His true colours are about to come out in the wash.....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:41 pm

Jersey is pretty much my fav poster, I really like him a lot.
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:50 pm

To avoid even the slightest doubt in our minds, please assure us you're joking, polished_man. Please........ Erm

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:02 pm

lags72 wrote:To avoid even the slightest doubt in our minds, please assure us you're joking, polished_man. Please........ Erm

Mark my words , he is very serious Very Happy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:29 pm

Yes totally and utterly serious. Jersey is almost certainly a superior human being, though not fully understood by some. His IQ must be well over 175, just like Marion Bartoli.
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:33 pm

Hello
Very Happy

But is he a true disciple of emancipator? Is he worthy of such an honour?

ghost
Gav - erm....... copycat.

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 27 Mar 2012, 11:22 pm

Absolutely Gav, he's no pushover....er, pullover I mean.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by jersey Mon 16 Apr 2012, 2:56 am

Bubbly

jersey

Back to top Go down

Post by jersey Mon 14 May 2012, 10:02 pm

Bump.

jersey

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Tue 15 May 2012, 12:49 pm

Rather than look at possible career-end GS for the top players, we can consider who will be the next player away from the top three who will win a Slam.
Murray is obviously a possibility and a year ago I might have said del Potro but the Argentinian is not kicking on as much as some would have liked. If he's gonna be doing anything he really ought to be winning matches such as the S-F with Berdych in Madrid. He's still got time on his side, though.
Anyone else? I suppose you could make a case out for, say Ferrer on clay and Berdych or Tsonga on grass. Not may others exactly queueing up for a Slam, though.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 15 May 2012, 12:54 pm

I'd say Raonic before any of the above.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Tue 15 May 2012, 12:59 pm

Lydian. Well, certainly, Raonic looks a real handful for anyone. He could - praps should - have beaten Fed in Madrid and I was looking forward to his possible match against Rafa in Rome which aint gonna happen now.
On a quick court you fancy he could blow almost anyone away and he's probably still learning/growing!

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by prostaff85 Tue 15 May 2012, 1:31 pm

Raonic, Berdych, Tsonga, even Del Potro could all do it if they get on a roll. But Ferrer IMHO will never win a Slam...
prostaff85
prostaff85

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 15 May 2012, 2:18 pm

Ferrer couldn't win a Slam during his peak years of 26/27 during the "weak era" so obviously he can't even make it into the top 20 in this Golden Era.

How could he be discussed as a potential winner of anything at all in this marvellous period?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Tue 15 May 2012, 2:24 pm

Only mentioned Ferrer as a possibility for the French as he is such a tremendous fighter/retriever. But realistically he's only likely to come out on top at RG if there is illness/injury among the top guys.
Thanks to Rafa the days of a half-decent clay courter - think Costa, Gaudio, Moya, Ferrero - winning the French are over.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Tue 15 May 2012, 2:32 pm

sirfredperry wrote:Only mentioned Ferrer as a possibility for the French as he is such a tremendous fighter/retriever. But realistically he's only likely to come out on top at RG if there is illness/injury among the top guys.
Thanks to Rafa the days of a half-decent clay courter - think Costa, Gaudio, Moya, Ferrero - winning the French are over.

Rafa is simply an amazing talent, whose dominance of clay over the years has been legendary. Barring 2009, his RG matches have been impressive, with him only being taken to five sets once. The only person who can challenge Rafa on clay is Djokovic, no one else has a realistic chance. Federer has pushed him very close few times, but that it about it.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by jersey Wed 30 May 2012, 12:23 pm

Bump.

jersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down