The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brock Lesner

+19
John-Original Name King
Lee
Gregers
A Fine Folk.
Beer
bretmeharty
talkingpoint
Samo
President Trump
The Rocks Microphone
Marky
Crimey
Stonee21
The_Rad_Russian
DDT
Hero
James_182
Shot 21 LCFC
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
23 posters

Go down

Brock Lesner Empty Brock Lesner

Post by Guest Mon 02 Apr 2012, 12:18 pm

What is the obsession with Brock and people wanting him to return???

He was a walking botch!!

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesner Empty Re: Brock Lesner

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 02 Apr 2012, 12:20 pm

You wouldn't say that to his face

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 02 Apr 2012, 12:29 pm

De ja vu...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 12:29 pm

The guy is a HUGE draw and will get viewing ratings up with him back as people will pay to see the man.

His monster heel run was brilliant back in that 2002-2004 period and shooting star press aside against against Kurt, his ring work was always sound and technically solid thanks to his amateur college background

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Apr 2012, 12:33 pm

Didn't he also break Hardcore Hollys neck and drop Cena while trying to do an F5?

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 12:34 pm

Was that Holly's fault though? I thought he sand bagged him?

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Apr 2012, 12:39 pm

What about A-Train didn't he break his neck too?

Feud?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 02 Apr 2012, 12:43 pm

The big deal with Lesnar is that he made a huge name for himself outside of wrestling in UFC so he has a crossover market and Vince will be hoping that he brings some of those fans in, add to that fans of the Ruthless Aggression era will want to see him v the likes of Punk etc.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Mon 02 Apr 2012, 1:18 pm

Even though he's had a few high profile botches, Brock is a top wrestler and is better technically than any wrestler currently with WWE, only guys like Angle and Benoit are in his league, plus he's incredibly athletic for his size. He is for me the most physically imposing wrestler I have ever seen, and is pretty good on the mic as a heel.

What more do you want?

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Rad_Russian Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:15 pm

didnt lesnar massivley botch a shooting starpress @ wm against kurt angle? Hes a savage accident waiting to happen surely?

The_Rad_Russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:43 pm

Tbf Holly sandbagged Lesnar on that incident, the A train one he was still quite green I think? But I would like to see anyone constantly doing the F5 on massive guys and not botch it at least once. The shooting star press one Angle was just to far away, I still can't believe he attempted it with the distance he had to cover.

I was and always will be a massive Brock fan, the guy just looked terrifying and he was extremely quick and athletic

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Rad_Russian Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:53 pm

to be fair, he nearly killed himself with that starpress as oppposed to anyone else. dangerous nonetheless. No excuses. He should really go to developmental for a year but that will never happen. BUT he is a massive draw due to his size/look. Even more so after his mma involvement....

The_Rad_Russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 02 Apr 2012, 2:56 pm

To be fair, Brock had done the Shooting Star Press loads of times before without any problem, it was just unfortunate that he botched it that one time.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Rad_Russian Mon 02 Apr 2012, 3:05 pm

should a pro wrestler botch that bad though on a ppv? It may have been a laspse in concentration or nerves, but for example, if that had been a piledriver someones career would have been ended? If that makes sense?

The_Rad_Russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 02 Apr 2012, 3:07 pm

It was because Angle was too far away, the actual move was done perfectly.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Rad_Russian Mon 02 Apr 2012, 3:16 pm

I appreciate what your saying, but surely as a pro, he should have never tried to execute the move if he knew angle was too far away? he knew what he was capable of?

The_Rad_Russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:14 am

Ok I merked out at his return last night!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Rad_Russian Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:27 am

the hypocrisy but me too! ha ha

The_Rad_Russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:45 am

It was awesome - even though he is a walking liability, it brought something fresh.... Get him off Cena though get him dominating everyone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:51 am

Was going to put this in a new thread but just going to add it to this one.

Brock Lesnar, is he a heel or a face right now?

Technically he arrived, attacked a face and was cheered by an overly heel loving crowd, and he's far better as a heel, or is it going to be like Cena/Rock where the crowd is split?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:52 am

I think he is a face, but don't quote me on that!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rocks Microphone Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:58 am

seriously don't think Cena has much love at the moment. Crowd seemed pretty much all over him!!

The Rocks Microphone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:12 am

Lesnar in his WWE years was fantastic. His feud with Taker was fantastic viewing. Even his feud with Cena was a high point. I remember him spitting in Lesnar's face on Smackdown and Brock beat the Poopie out of him!

He has dropped a few pounds too. I think he was 285 in 2003 and now is 266? May give smaller opponents the opportunity to slam him. Lesnar v Orton I would mark for days!!

Lesnar has provided some of the most amazing moments. F5ing Big Show and Mark Henry. He was an absolute animal.

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:16 am

Brock F5'n Zach Gowen's only leg into the ringpost was the highlight for me Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:24 am

Dicey Reilly wrote:Brock F5'n Zach Gowen's only leg into the ringpost was the highlight for me Laugh

Nasty Laugh

It would've been more horrific if he chased a hopping Zac!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:14 pm

Perhaps Zac is next weeks return?

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:22 pm

Guys you really should of put all of this in a spoiler tab, I'm not to bothered about finding out results etc. but if someone else clicks on this they will be peed to say the least

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:25 pm

They should bring back the Anonymous RAW General Manager's computer so Brock can hit the F5...

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 2:45 pm

This thread was running before Raw

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:03 pm

Hero wrote:The big deal with Lesnar is that he made a huge name for himself outside of wrestling in UFC so he has a crossover market and Vince will be hoping that he brings some of those fans in, add to that fans of the Ruthless Aggression era will want to see him v the likes of Punk etc.

Do you really think that's going to happen? Look at it this way Lesnar returning and F5ing Cena is only going to make the WWE look weak in the eyes of the majority of MMA fans as Lesnar bowed out of the UFC after losing twice in a row. If he destroys the WWE roster as a monster heel it will only vindicate what alot of MMA fans already thought about wrestling. Here is a failed mixed martial artist dominating the biggest stars of the WWE. It reflects badly on the entire WWE if Brock is given a massive push. Now I'm not saying Brock isn't a fantastic athlete or collegiate wrestler but Brock retired from MMA somewhat of a failure and by returning to the WWE so soon after leaving the UFC only makes the WWE look like a safe haven for the guys who can't cut it in a 'real' sport.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:14 pm

I don't think it's realy possible to bring him back as a heel initially, because the fans havent seen him for so long, there going to cheer him regardless.

Though I think most will agree Brock is a great heel, and I think WWE are lacking a real A list heel, the most high profile superstars at the moment are all faces, the likes of Cena, Punk, Orton and even the Rock(even though he's only part time) So it would make sense for Brock to eventually turn heel, but for the initial few months of his return, I'd imagine he will be face.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:25 pm

talkingpoint wrote:
Hero wrote:The big deal with Lesnar is that he made a huge name for himself outside of wrestling in UFC so he has a crossover market and Vince will be hoping that he brings some of those fans in, add to that fans of the Ruthless Aggression era will want to see him v the likes of Punk etc.

Do you really think that's going to happen? Look at it this way Lesnar returning and F5ing Cena is only going to make the WWE look weak in the eyes of the majority of MMA fans as Lesnar bowed out of the UFC after losing twice in a row. If he destroys the WWE roster as a monster heel it will only vindicate what alot of MMA fans already thought about wrestling. Here is a failed mixed martial artist dominating the biggest stars of the WWE. It reflects badly on the entire WWE if Brock is given a massive push. Now I'm not saying Brock isn't a fantastic athlete or collegiate wrestler but Brock retired from MMA somewhat of a failure and by returning to the WWE so soon after leaving the UFC only makes the WWE look like a safe haven for the guys who can't cut it in a 'real' sport.

You realy have no idea what your on about, Lesnar dominated the UFC initially, and became champion within 4 fights, which is unheard of. He then had a serious problem with his intestines that nearly killed him, and couldnt train for over a year. He came back, and he was a shadow of his former self, he would of destroyed Overeem in his prime.

WWE don't care what MMA fans think of pro wrestling, they know it's fake, so there not going to worry about Brock dominating the Wwe roster. The fact is wrestling fans love Brock, and thats all the WWE care about. I guarantee he will get a massive push. In fact he's already started off with a big push, by taking out Wwe's poster boy.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAFSIG6PvEE

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V4u5BV_vLk&feature=related

Two great segments with Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle thumbsup

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:36 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:Brock F5'n Zach Gowen's only leg into the ringpost was the highlight for me Laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMZLMg2TVpQ&feature=related

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:44 pm

DDT wrote:
talkingpoint wrote:

You realy have no idea what your on about, Lesnar dominated the UFC initially, and became champion within 4 fights, which is unheard of. He then had a serious problem with his intestines that nearly killed him, and couldnt train for over a year. He came back, and he was a shadow of his former self, he would of destroyed Overeem in his prime.

WWE don't care what MMA fans think of pro wrestling, they know it's fake, so there not going to worry about Brock dominating the Wwe roster. The fact is wrestling fans love Brock, and thats all the WWE care about. I guarantee he will get a massive push. In fact he's already started off with a big push, by taking out Wwe's poster boy.

I do know what I am talking about, Lesnar won the UFC heavyweight title after 4 pro fights only the second man ever to accomplish such a feat after Randy Couture. His intestinal problem is diverticulitus, which he unfortunately suffered from twice during his MMA career. His pro MMA record is 5-3-0, so despite his initial success in the sport his legacy isn't great. Yes that is partly due to his diverticulitus, which I'm sure to a degree cut his UFC career short but nevertheless he was a highly inexperienced fighter when he entered the UFC and did not have the full skillset to compete and remain at the top level, once his opponents knew how to negate his size advantage. Overeem hasn't lost a pro fight since 2007, having become the Dream, Strikeforce and K1 heavyweight champion. Who knows how the fight would have gone if Lesnar had been fully fit, but certainly Lesnar has nowhere near the experience or the striking ability of Overeem. My point was in response to Hero's suggestion Vince will hope Lesnar's fame will draw in more fans, which I think doubtful due to most MMA fans opinions of wrestling.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:01 pm

DDT wrote:
talkingpoint wrote:

You really are the biggest wwe mark aren't you, If its one thing talkingpoint know's its his mma/ufc.

Your discription of Brock's UFC career (and im no expert) sounds like straight from a wrestling rumour site.
Instead of working his way up match by match, he cornered Dana White to giving him a chance up the card and at the title. He did it knowing his celeb star name would get it as well.The whole wwe don't care what mma fans think, you only think that because wwe told you to think that.

Alot of people questioned why the Rock was back was it the money etc, Brock has openly said he cant stand the hotel rooms and travelling. Now he's got the best of both worlds, a huge contract no doubt, without what goes with it, is he very lucky - hell yea, does he deserve it probably not.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:04 pm

Actually, his analysis is pretty much spot on. Lesnar was that big in UFC that they had no choice but to give him a title match so quickly such was his dominance. It was pretty unheard of as usually you have to earn your stripes, problem for Dana White was that Brock = Money.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:09 pm

AntLord wrote:This thread was running before Raw

Which is why I said the posts should of been put in a spoiler tab, that's the whole point of it being available

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:23 pm

I've watched everyone of Brock's UFC fights, so I'm not just getting my opinions off a pro wrestling site. Yes he may have got a shot at the title early in his career, but he won that fight, and defended it twice afterwards, so it's not like he couldn't back it up. Had he lost the title fight, then you may have a point, but he won it.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:49 pm

John Cena was stalling his promo because apparently Brock only turned up 30 seconds before he went on air.

Source - PWInsider.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:55 pm

So feuds we want:

1) Brock vs Orton
2) Brock vs Cena
3) Brock vs Ziggler

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:56 pm

Brock vs Yoshi Tatsu

Lee

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Post by John-Original Name King Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:23 pm

Stonee21 wrote:
AntLord wrote:This thread was running before Raw

Which is why I said the posts should of been put in a spoiler tab, that's the whole point of it being available
It wasn't a spoiler when the thread was started, it was speculation.

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Post by cloudsm Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:55 pm

Hi long time reader but new poster.

With regards to wrestlers coming back, do you think that the interent has kind of spoilt the suprise now. I mean it seams that what happens in the WWE now has already been read before it has happened

cloudsm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:59 pm

Welcome to the board OK

I think it has in a way. Even if you personally dont read spoilers and have an internet black out for Mania weekend, the crowd at the arena knew Lesnar was coming (hence the chants). But saying that, it still didnt effect the pop he got.

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:13 pm

to call lesnar an mma failure is ridiculous

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:36 pm

JamesLincs wrote:to call lesnar an mma failure is ridiculous

Yes to be heavyweight champion defeating Mir, Couture and Carwin is hardly failure.

MMA isn't boxing, losing to Overeem and Velasquez is no disgrace either.

And tbh Dana fed him to Overeem, it was obvious he was done at the elite level following his illness - it was only out of pride Lesnar took that fight.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:51 pm

Gav wrote:Welcome to the board OK

I think it has in a way. Even if you personally dont read spoilers and have an internet black out for Mania weekend, the crowd at the arena knew Lesnar was coming (hence the chants). But saying that, it still didnt effect the pop he got.

I think if it was someone already on the roster it would, however being Lesnar and not being seen for so long then i don't think it did ruin it.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down