The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley - contains an sd spoiler

+14
bretmeharty
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
sodhat
The Best in the World
Y2James
Mr H
Fernando
Bull
JamesLincs
Lowlandbrit
DDT
John-Original Name King
Hero
Ché Guerrero
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley - contains an sd spoiler  Empty Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley - contains an sd spoiler

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:52 pm

This is interesting i wonder where it is going. Maybe Moxley's debut is soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZcwPGLqQ9I&feature=player_embedded#!

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley - contains an sd spoiler  Empty Re: Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley - contains an sd spoiler

Post by Hero Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:27 pm

He is meant to be the next guy to take the step up, really hope they continue to allow him as much free rein on the mic as possible.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley - contains an sd spoiler  Empty Re: Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley - contains an sd spoiler

Post by John-Original Name King Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:02 am

That was awesome.

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:07 am

What is he actually accusing Foley of?

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:13 am

pwinsider is reporting it as Ambrose is blaming Mick Foley for what his generation did to the business

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:17 am

Its probably work!

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:58 am

its definitely a work one of the guys in the background has been ID'd as a member of WWE creative. I'm just interested in whether its meant for FCW or as part of Ambrose's debut

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by John-Original Name King Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:49 am

Sounded like he was saying that one of his friends died replicating a stupid Foley-esque stunt. That seemed to be the jist from what I heard, but I could be way off.

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:44 pm

Does anyone know if Foley is scheduled to be on tv anytime soon?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 09 Apr 2012, 8:24 pm

WWE has posted the link to the video now via Twitter.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 10 Apr 2012, 7:22 pm

Dean Ambrose and Mick Foley have continued their war of words on Twittter. Foley is acting like he has no clue who Ambrose is, posting the following…

"Having a blast with my kids at Disney. Not really concerned about some guy I've never heard of."

"Three months ago, people asked me about facing TAKER at Mania – now, it's a guy from FCW. TITANIC 3D isn't the only ship sinking this week."

- Ambrose responded with the following posts, continuing his stance that Foley and his style of wrestling "damaged the industry"…

"Must be nice to be so arrogant and oblivious. Guilt free family funtime. Just great. Good for you. @realMickFoley"

"Nah, In a perfect world id rather see his house repoed and his family starved than see Mick make another dime off wrestling"

"#wwe I Just watched Edge's full Hof speech. Big fan of Edge, too bad he had to retire so young #ThanksMick"

"He raised the bar of stupidity so high everyone ruined themselves tryin 2 get 2 it"

"#wwe Atleast Edge got to have a hof career. Alot of people didnt even get the chance to have one at all #thanksmick"

"#wwe likes to pretend Mick Foley never existed. Wwe is still apologizing for him by sterilizing the product. #raw"

"Btw..I have zero fear of reprisals from the office for wat ive said about mick foley cuz nobody high up in #wwe has any respect for him"

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 10 Apr 2012, 7:50 pm

Hmm i like how they can actually introduce a new guy into a feud using a logical storyline. Refreshing

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 10 Apr 2012, 10:40 pm

They were holding him back until they found something they could properly bring him in with too so this is looking good for him.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 10 Apr 2012, 10:56 pm

sounds promising.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:05 pm

My only problem is that a feud with Foley will get his name heard but its hardly gonna legitimise him in the ring. Foley is unlikely to work matches anymore, also he has been used as a comedy character too much. Is there anyone currently working on the roster with close enough ties to him so they can wrestle in his stead?

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:16 pm

could do maybe throw some one like Kofi into the mix? the repesnet Foley.

the kid looks really talented and is great on the mic.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:23 am

hey at least hes not being put on NXT. That show served to bury a lot of wrestlers from develpomental

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by John-Original Name King Wed 11 Apr 2012, 1:54 am

SPOILER (Maybe a Mod can pop in a spoiler tag or pop it in the title of the thread)

Foley showed up on SD tonight. Don't know what this might mean, any opinions?

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:34 am

Following Tuesday's SuperSmackDown LIVE, Mick Foley continued his Twitter feud with WWE developmental wrestler Dean Ambrose, writing: "I had a slight problem at Smackdown, so I took care of it. I didn't ask WWE to send him home, but I'm glad they did. Sayanora scumbag."

Ambrose stated earlier on the website that he was sent home from SmackDown, enclosing an image of his flight notice. He wrote, "Looks like they must have been in a hurry to get me outta Virginia tonight." Ambrose added later, "Fuming in atl airport over a jack n coke. Hey #wwe was it something i said?"

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 11 Apr 2012, 10:52 am

I'm really liking how this is being built, it's like an easter egg of a storyline at present as it develops and eventually hits on screen although the masses may wonder what on earth is going on when it does hit tv.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 11 Apr 2012, 11:38 am

Is it definately a work?!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 11 Apr 2012, 11:55 am

WWE themselves have tweeted the video so yes.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:37 pm

slight problem with twitter feuds is they cant really make a good video promo out of them

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:40 pm

I just hope If Mick isnt going to be up to getting in the ring they dont go with the guy that has been seen quite close to him recently...... Santino. I like Santino and think hes a good wrestler but hardly the guy to legitemise someones up and coming status

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 11 Apr 2012, 9:24 pm

On his Twitter, Dean Ambrose noted that he was sent home from WWE TV yesterday, due to the fact that Mick Foley "felt uncomfortable" after their face to face over WrestleMania weekend that appeared on YouTube. Foley also made mention of this on Twitter as we noted late last night here on the website.

This is all an angle, building to Ambrose's eventual debut on WWE TV. They are using social media to create, "a legitimate, realistic feel" for the angle.

WWE creative team member Ed Koskey is heavily involved in the angle.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 11 Apr 2012, 9:29 pm

Mick Foley wrote on Twitter that he asked WWE officials if he and Jim Ross could call the Hell in a Cell match at WrestleMania 28 between Triple H and The Undertaker. He wrote:

"Wish I'd been a small part of HIAC. I asked @WWE early on about me and JR doing commentary; I guess they liked half of the idea."

Foley also says he feels he has one more big bump left in him and knows which WWE Superstar he wants to do that last bump with. He wrote:

"I believe I do have one more big bump left in me - delivered on my terms, with a @WWE Superstar who respects what I've done"

"My final bump came to me as a vision. I know exactly what I want to do, where I want to do it, and who I want to do it with." Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley - contains an sd spoiler  3559488474

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 11 Apr 2012, 9:38 pm

So basically Ambrose is going to announce himself to the world by ending Foley.

Liking the sound of it!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed 11 Apr 2012, 11:08 pm

genuinely more excited about this than Brock's return, wasn't watching when he first started and dont really need to see someone else kick Cena's ass after the Rock. This guy could be the future top heel and im looking forward to inevitable feuds against guys like Bryan and Punk (at least i hope)

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 17 Apr 2012, 7:47 am

Mick Foley said in a recent blog post that he refuses to work with Dean Ambrose. Foley said that he asked Ambrose not to include Foley's children in any tweets and Ambrose did, which means that he can't trust the man to respect his body in the ring.

"Look, sports-entertainment has to involve a certain amount of respect and trust," Foley said in the blog entry. "It's pretty obvious Dean Ambrose doesn't have the slightest amount of respect for me, and therefore I can't place the slightest amount of trust in him. Anyone wondering if I'm feeling better following the concussion I spoke of in that promo with Flair? I'm not. I tend to have two types of days when it comes to that muted, under-water feeling I spoke of in that promo - bad and worse. Given my history of concussions, I would have to be an absolute idiot to place my future in the hands of someone I don't trust. Since I like to think I am not an idiot, I won't be placing any trust in him."

He added, "He had the golden ticket, and he blew it, because he would not honor the simple request I made - to his face - to not include my children in any way in his tweets. If I can't trust him to honor that simple request, I certainly can't trust him not to take liberties in the ring." You can read the full blog entry at http://mickfoley.typepad.com/

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Tue 17 Apr 2012, 1:10 pm

Ambrose worked and won the superstars dark match vs Alex Riley last night- I was there and he looked pretty decent in the ring
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:39 pm

Foley has blogged again on the matter, if this is still a work then it's got me as it reads genuine that Mick's not interested.

AN ANSWER FOR AMBROSE

Let me state for the record that I have only spoken to FCW prospect Dean Ambrose on three different occasions. Following his match on a WWE house show on Long Island, I went out of my way to tell him I had enjoyed his match. The skills and unique qualities qualities he posseses might very well make him a force to be reckoned with somewhere down the line. He has supporters in lofty places who feel he might be a huge asset to WWE for a decade or more in the future. I'm also told that his interviews ( "promos" as we call them) are compelling, intelligent and emotional; every bit as good as the top guys in WWE.

My second conversation with Mr Ambrose got quite a bit of attention. I know there has been alot of speculation as to the nature of this conversation. To me, it was whatever anyone wanted it to be; a shoot, a work, or somewhare in the middle - as almost all compelling pieces in sports-entertainment ultimately are.

I'm far more concerned with my third conversation with the guy. Look, Ive been accused from time to time of taking some things in the business a little too seriously. Maybe I do. But like that sailor-man of old, "I am what I am, and that's all that I am." After all these years, there are some things that just bother me. Remember that "Cane Dewey" promo from 1995 that so many are still fond of? It actually came from a very heavy place in my heart, when my wife impressed on me just how sick it was for any fan to be making a sign advocating the beating (even in jest) of my 3 year-old child.

That's the immediate feeling I got when I actually read the Dean Ambrose tweet that mentioned his dream to seeing me no longer able to make a dime in the wrestling business - with a particularly nasty mention of how he wanted to see my home repossesed and my children starved. Maybe the 1995 Cactus Jack would have cut a promo on the guy. The 2102 Mick Foley just wonders what would make something say something so stupid, heartless and ignorant. I felt Dean Ambrose had crossed a line that shouldn't be crossed, so took the opportunity before the Hampton, Virginia Smackdown to ask/tell him to please stop crossing a line that I wasn't comfortable with. Ric Flair had once asked a similar consideration of me before a memorable promo we shared in New Jersey in 2006. Of course I honored his request. Ours is a business built on trust and respect. I thought Dean Ambrose understood this. But less than a day after making my request, I saw that my children were once again the subject of his tweets - a reference to how I might feel differently about something if my children were in wheel-chairs. Maybe I would have cut a heck of a promo about it in 1995. Seventeen years later, I just wanted to get the Flip away from the whole scenario. It's not fun, it's not cutting edge. It just sucks.

Sports-entertainment has to involve a certain ammount of respect and trust. It's pretty obvious Dean Ambrose doesn't have any respect for me, my requests, or what I have done in the wrestling business. Therefore I can't place the slightest ammount of trust in him. Has anyone wondered if I'm feeling better following the concussion I spoke of in that December 2010 TNA Impact promo with Flair? I'm not feeling too much better. I tend to have two types of days when it comes to that muted, under-water feeling I spoke of in that promo - bad and worse. I'm just not the same guy who took 11 chair shots from the Rock in 1999. I haven't been that guy in a long time. Given my history of concussions, I would have to be a fool to place my future in the hands of someone I don't trust. Perhaps I do have another decent match left in me. If so, it will be with a guy like Dolph Ziggler, who might well be the best worker in the business, and just needs that ONE little something to allow the WWE Universe to see how talented he really is. Or a guy like the Miz - one of the best heels of this generation. Say what you want to about Miz, but the guy is damn good at what he does.

But Dean Ambrose? No. I may not have the power I once did in the business, but I still have the power to say no to things that just flat-out seem wrong. Like trying to put Dean Ambrose on the WWE map. A few weeks ago, it seemed like an interesting challenge. Now, it seems like an insult. A few weeks ago, it seemed like cutting-edge stuff. Now it just seems like bulls**t. He is a very good talent. He has those supporters in high places. Let them wrestle him. Maybe they can put him on the WWE map. Good luck.

It's tough to get over in WWE. I certainly wouldn't want to be one of the young guys facing someone like Skip Sheffield, knowing that the priority placed on getting over will be somewhat higher than looking out for the well-being of an opponent. I'm not picking on Skip, either; I like him, think he has a wold of potential, and he has personally shown me nothing but respect. But that clothesline on that kid in Hampton, Virginia? To quote one of my idols, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka - "Not tonight, bruddah!" I went through that with The Dynamite Kid in 1986, when I was 21 years old. I willingly did it then. I did it at 25. I did it at 30. I did it at 34. I came back and did it at 38, and 40, and so on and so forth. I refuse do it at 46...almost 47. Especially not for Dean Ambrose.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 18 Apr 2012, 1:28 pm

If it's true then it's a tremendous lack of respect to Mick Foley, but even if it was someone of lesser stature, then it would still be massively disrespectful.

I'm not bothered necessarily by the subject matter Ambrose is using, but if he was asked expressly to cut that out and didn't, he has no-one to blame but himself for blowing an interesting angle.

Unless it's still a work...but it doesn't read like one.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed 18 Apr 2012, 2:13 pm

How respected is Foley amongst the powers that be in WWE? Cause this doesnt look terribly good for Ambrose's immediate future. If its not a work of course

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 18 Apr 2012, 2:22 pm

still a work

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 18 Apr 2012, 2:27 pm

I think Foley is liked but I don't think he has many ears in the WWE ( I may be wrong) after he upped and went to TNA a while back. Punk and Regal are both keen on Ambrose and I imagine Punk nowadays has more weight backstage than Foley.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 18 Apr 2012, 2:31 pm

It is telling that they promoted his book while he was still with TNA - that definitely shows a level of respect for him.

Whether it's a guy with power or not, it shows an attitude that may be undesirable. Wonder if Taker will be calling wrestlers court....

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 18 Apr 2012, 2:41 pm

Wow.

Bit of a burial from Mick there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 18 Apr 2012, 3:05 pm

If this is still a work then it's frankly fantastic imo.

This is a feud that so far not even aired yet has got the dirt sheets and forums constantly talking about it. This is exactly what WWE should be doing to evolve kayfabe.
Sure it's impossible to put the toothpaste back in the tube, but you can move with the times and this is certainly doing that.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 18 Apr 2012, 3:13 pm

I disagree. If this is a work, it's a bad one. It's too far over the line of Kayfabe. You shouldn't be talking about how good a worker is, or if you can trust their ringcraft; not even CM Punk goes that far. It completely obliterates the mystique of the show, and when they do eventually step into the ring (if it is a work), it doesn't even make any sense. Especially as most of the audience will have no idea what is going on.

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 18 Apr 2012, 3:22 pm

Electric Demon wrote:I disagree. If this is a work, it's a bad one. It's too far over the line of Kayfabe. You shouldn't be talking about how good a worker is, or if you can trust their ringcraft; not even CM Punk goes that far. It completely obliterates the mystique of the show, and when they do eventually step into the ring (if it is a work), it doesn't even make any sense. Especially as most of the audience will have no idea what is going on.

The people reading would already be smart fans anyway.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 18 Apr 2012, 3:27 pm

This is the Reality Era though.
WWE is no longer a tv show that people watch once or twice a week. WWE is now social media, it's hints on Facebook, it's a teaser via Twitter, it's a rant on Tumblr, it's taking wrestling from it's comfortable cartoon world and reinventing itself for Generation Z.
What was Kayfabe was destroyed a long time ago and to think that the vast majority of fans are just wide eyed kids that cheer Cena as a Hero and boo the Miz etc for being a pantomine villain is wrong nowadays.
Listen to the fans since Mania, DB is a heel, he's not even bordering 'tweener' with his style and way he acts towards AJ etc, smark is the norm.
Yet here is a feud that embraces the modern fan and drags them screaming back behind the kayfabe curtain whilst still making them feel empowered.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 18 Apr 2012, 3:33 pm

And to be fair when angles and story lines are done properly you suspend your disbelief and get wrapped up in the kayfabe. I love it every time Kane comes out. I know he not a monster, or the devils favourite demon, but I enjoy it that much I just go along with it. Same with The Undertaker.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 18 Apr 2012, 3:38 pm

I'd agree that if this turns out to be a work it's very well done. I take Demon's point, the detail that is being gone into here from Foley feels odd though making me believe it isn't.

I suppose this is the only way to get people to suspend their disbelief these days... Laugh

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 18 Apr 2012, 3:45 pm

So Foley says he doesn't trust Ambrose as a worker
Then they have a match, completely invalidating what Foley said.
But we know it's not a begrudging match, entered into to "teach Ambrose a lesson", because we know, from Foley's earlier comments, that it's all a show anyway.

....so then what? It's inconsistent. Even in kayfabe, a wrestler doesn't say "I hate you", one show, and then "I don't anymore" the next (unless its TNA).

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed 18 Apr 2012, 4:12 pm

nice to see this thread get some attention speaks volumes of Ambrose's blatant potential

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 18 Apr 2012, 4:19 pm

Mmmmmmm custard.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 18 Apr 2012, 4:21 pm

NA-NA, NA-NA
NA-NA, NA-NA
NA, NA-NA, NA-NAAAAAAAAAAA

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed 18 Apr 2012, 4:55 pm

on his twitter he also said he would not discuss Ambrose for the next month, dont think that has any significance but you never know

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 18 Apr 2012, 5:19 pm

definately a work. its got jerichos return all over it. and i was right about that

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:38 pm

Foley is still ranting, I tried to stir his pot earlier and he PM'd me on Twitter questioning would I say the same if I had children (which I do)

This on Bleacher Report though is an excellent write up of what is wrong with Mick's blog post if it isn't a work:

There have been many times I wished Mick Foley never became a best-selling author. It’s not hate, either. I was ecstatic for both Mick Foley and professional wrestling when it happened.

One of my first favorite wrestlers was Cactus Jack. I loved the poetry and flavor he brought to WCW and ECW. When he became Mankind in WWF, I hoped for the best but expected the worst. When he did the sit down interview with Jim Ross, I fell for the madman all over again. When he won the WWE championship on RAW, it was one of the final straws that broke the back of WCW in my mind.

Remember the three faces of Foley? Cactus Jack, Mankind, Dude Love—I loved all three of them. The face of Foley that I don’t like as much is the fourth face. I’m not a fan of real-life Mick Foley as an on-screen character.

I don’t care how smart he thinks himself, or how humorous, or if he is a bleeding-heart lover of divas and all things decent. I’m glad he didn’t make it in the announcer's booth. Furthermore, for the many times he has visited WWE or TNA as Mick Foley, rather than one of his three faces, I’ve watched the light of my memory for how good he used to be fade into a still image of what he has become.

He is now the man who draws lines and lectures the world on what should or should not be done. He is the author and the man who writes blogs.

Like the one he wrote about Dean Ambrose.

The gist of the blog is that Mick Foley asked Dean Ambrose not to mention his children. Dean Ambrose continued to do so after the conversation. If this is the case, one can argue that Dean Ambrose should have paid that respect to Mick Foley. I’m not going to go too much further into this aspect of the blog because I don’t know how much is genuine and how much isn’t. I do know that it was Mick Foley, not Dean Ambrose, who took those chair shots against the Rock in front of his family. What is a few in-character references compared to that?

It does anger me, I must confess, when wrestlers who have reaped the benefits of a wrestling career (by any means necessary at times) hang around to chastise younger guys like Dean Ambrose for the words he chooses in a tweet.

Throughout the blog, Mick Foley refers to his past self like a former self. He suggests the Mick Foley from 1995 might have cut a promo on Dean Ambrose. I would like to remind Mr. Foley that it was his former 1995 self, the one that would have responded with a promo and not a blog, that made Mick Foley famous. He never would have become a successful wrestler if the 1995 version of himself had he spent his time chastising and blogging rather than creating magic and crossing lines with his Cactus Jack character.

People could easily blog about what kind of parent would take the abuses Mick Foley took. They could talk about how irresponsible he was to his loved ones for going off the top of a cell. They could, but they didn’t. They allowed Cactus Jack or Mankind or Mr. Foley to be a professional wrestler and do all the things that came along with it, without chastising as he went along.

I understand how complicated life can be. I feel for Mick Foley as he talks about the effects of living with his concussion. I respect and love the man who allowed his body to be abused because he wanted to create literature in professional wrestling. I cringe at some of the boundaries he did cross, and if I had been thinking solely on what is right and wrong, I’d probably suggest he have done none of it.

I hope Mick Foley’s blog was just part of the on-going war with Dean Ambrose, and will be used to further the program. I hope it is not another example of what he has become. To take a guy like Dean Ambrose and start editing the things he can say as a character is to cut off where he can grow. It would be like telling Mick Foley to start his career over but, please, nothing hardcore.

Mick Foley praises Mick Foley in that, if he had one more match to put someone over, he would give it to Dolph Ziggler or the Miz.

Really?

This is what scares me the most.

Dolph Ziggler, whom I enjoy and support, does not represent the wrestling world that allowed Cactus Jack to become best-selling author and judge-of-all-things Mick Foley. The Miz, whom I also love, doesn’t need a Mick Foley match to get over. He beat John Cena at WrestleMania. His only problem now is WWE booking.

Dean Ambrose could truly benefit from a program with Mick Foley, just not this Mick Foley.

Before Mick Foley ever made best-sellers, Cactus Jack and Mankind made literature. Literature is born free of judgment, free of rules and free of restraints. It is when men look inside themselves and find something—it may be beautiful or it may be ugly, it may be decent or indecent, but it is real. They go into labor bring it into the world. They show us and we marvel, never knowing the pain and soul searching and sacrifices that it took to birth that thing.

Dean Ambrose is in labor. If WWE allows him, he will bring this thing inside him into full view. It will probably be ugly and indecent and beautiful and rare. It will be, over the next five or 10 years, something we marvel at. WWE will record it on DVD; men and women will tell us where they were when Dean Ambrose gave birth.

Mick Foley can be there or not be there. Either way, Dean Ambrose will bring forth literature.

I respect all that Mick Foley did. I do not respect what he does.

There will always be a place for him in wrestling history, but when it comes to the rare, younger guys with the truest potential, it’s simple.

Mick Foley needs to go along or go away.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next