The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley - contains an sd spoiler

+14
bretmeharty
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
sodhat
The Best in the World
Y2James
Mr H
Fernando
Bull
JamesLincs
Lowlandbrit
DDT
John-Original Name King
Hero
Ché Guerrero
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley - contains an sd spoiler  - Page 2 Empty Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley - contains an sd spoiler

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is interesting i wonder where it is going. Maybe Moxley's debut is soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZcwPGLqQ9I&feature=player_embedded#!

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley - contains an sd spoiler  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley - contains an sd spoiler

Post by Hero Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:43 pm

And another from Bleacher that's also very good (jeez what's happening with Bleacher??)

The Mick Foley and Dean Ambrose situation has my attention.

Foley is explaining on his blog at MickFoley.TypePad.com, that what started as a build for a storyline has now been canceled by him because he doesn't trust Ambrose.

Look, Ive been accused from time to time of taking some things in the business a little too seriously. Maybe I do. But like that sailor-man of old, "I am what I am, and that's all that I am." After all these years, there are some things that just bother me.

Remember that "Cane Dewey" promo from 1995 that so many are still fond of? It actually came from a very heavy place in my heart, when my wife impressed on me just how sick it was for any fan to be making a sign advocating the beating (even in jest) of my 3-year-old child.

That's the immediate feeling I got when I actually read the Dean Ambrose tweet that mentioned his dream to seeing me no longer able to make a dime in the wrestling business—with a particularly nasty mention of how he wanted to see my home repossessed and my children starved.

Maybe the 1995 Cactus Jack would have cut a promo on the guy. The 2102 Mick Foley just wonders what would make someone say something so stupid, heartless and ignorant.

I felt Dean Ambrose had crossed a line that shouldn't be crossed, so took the opportunity before the Hampton, Virginia SmackDown to ask/tell him to please stop crossing a line that I wasn't comfortable with.

Ric Flair had once asked a similar consideration of me before a memorable promo we shared in New Jersey in 2006. Of course I honored his request. Ours is a business built on trust and respect. I thought Dean Ambrose understood this.

But less than a day after making my request, I saw that my children were once again the subject of his tweets—a reference to how I might feel differently about something if my children were in wheelchairs. Maybe I would have cut a heck of a promo about it in 1995. Seventeen years later, I just wanted to get the Flip away from the whole scenario. It's not fun, it's not cutting edge. It just sucks.

As I've explained in a past writing, there is no such thing as a “worked shoot.”

This certainly seems to be legitimate to the way Foley is describing it. If what he is saying is true, someone needs to raise the price and get him back in on the story.

Monday night RAW will be in Long Island, NY, on June 16th. This is where Foley is originally from, and he often makes appearances either on camera or is in attendance backstage at these WWE events.

Have Dean Ambrose come out unexpectedly, interrupt a throwaway match and talk about everything that has happened with Foley. This prompts Foley to come out, and they are off and running with the story on television.

Trust is a huge thing in wrestling. You need to have trust and respect for and from the person you're working with.

If the whole blog entry by Foley proclaiming Ambrose broke a verbal agreement to not mention his kids is fake, good job by all involved for taking this worked story several levels. If the broken agreement is legit, talk it out but move on and do business.

I doubt Foley needs the money, but he wants the match. Before he was even contractually done with TNA, there was much speculation and belief he would work with WWE again. The term Ambassador was often used, wise because Foley is a great guy to be doing public relations for your company. But inside of all the PR plans, a match was a part of the plans.

The promo months ago on RAW with Foley and Ziggler intrigued me and had me thinking we would see the two in a match. I would have no problem if it's Ziggler, but after what has gone down, real or fake, Dean Ambrose is the right choice.

Ziggler isn't a made man, but he has been in several pay-per-view world title matches and is leaps ahead of Dean Ambrose in WWE ranking. Ambrose already had a lot of underground attention being a big name on the independents.

A considerable amount of attention has come from the interactions he's had with Foley online. Their entire program on television would contain emotion that Ziggler/Foley would never find.

Dolph Ziggler has been watched by the WWE audience grow and evolve with his characters over the years. He is a WWE guy. Dean Ambrose has more of the Daniel Bryan gimmick going for him in the way that he has fought through the independents and finally got his break.

WWE bills that as an outcast, a guy who needs to prove himself in the WWE world. A lot of parallels and availability for hypocrisy-filled promos between Ambrose and Foley regarding their respective careers.

An emotional story and a physical payoff. Dean Ambrose will get a great rub, and Mick Foley gets his farewell (again). Nobody will question your love for your kids. Of all wrestlers, Foley's love for his family has been well documented over the years in several mediums.

Whether they understand it now or in five more years, let your kids look back and see Dad go out with a memorable, emotional story, not just another young guy versus old guy battle that is second rate to what could have been.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley - contains an sd spoiler  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dean Ambrose confronts Mick Foley - contains an sd spoiler

Post by bretmeharty Thu 19 Apr 2012, 12:14 am

I agree with that, Foley has become a pompous ass

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:17 am

I'm sorry but Foley is being completely reasonable. He's right, how can he trust Ambrose in the ring, if he can't trust him out of it? He told him not to mention his kids, and then he did anyway. Even if you think that Foley shouldn't be bothered about who mentions his kids, it's the fact that Ambrose ignored a pretty simple and easy to follow request. He didn't have to mention his kids again. In the same way, Foley could ask Ambrose not to slam him into the floor as he's not ready for it just yet, and Ambrose could ignore that request as well putting Foley in serious physical danger. Sure, he's put himself into danger before, but that doesn't mean he should be forced into it now.

I think if he wasn't chastising one of the 'internet darlings' and instead some WWE-made 'Superstar' people would be on Foley's side, it's only because he's going against Jon Moxely that you aren't happy about it.

I also agree with Demon, if it is a work, it's been horribly booked. I honestly don't know why anybody would want kayfabe broken to such a point that you can't suspend your disbelief to anything. Nobody would praise Eastenders if in the middle of Eastenders Phil Mitchell hugged Ian Beale and said that he's enjoyed working with him, so why would you like it in wrestling, it's strange.

I don't think it's a work, it probably started at one, but Ambrose stopped it getting to TV by ignoring Foley's request, in which case, it's his own fault.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:11 am

If it's a work

Then let's cut to the chase on this, none of us are believers anymore, we all like to think we know the business in and out, we think we've pulled the curtain back and the toothpaste is firmly out of the tube.
All the terms used by Mick we know already, it's hardly new.
Think about who exactly this feud is meant to be drawing in at this moment in time?
Smarks who love the internet darlings (of which I put my hand up).
Have you ever known an FCW star that has yet to even debut on screen on a main show take up so much space on dirt sheets or on places like here?
Mick Foley himself direct messaged me the following this morning:

when's the last time so many people have talked about an FCW guy? I did him a favor.
Direct message sent by Mick Foley (@realMickFoley) to you (@v2_wrestling) on Apr 19, 7:46 AM.

Exactly. If it is a work then what it has done is exactly what it set out to. Create a huge buzz by changing what is kayfabe for the smarks, Foley and Ambrose realise their audience and they are dragging them into the story, they are making people believe which is something that the vast majority of smarks can no longer do.

If it is a shoot

Then simply put why Mick? Ambrose yes should not have betrayed the trust but here's a guy that has the world in front of him and is trying to make a name for himself, he tweeted in character, 140 letters about Mick's kids.
Now Mick blows up and states everyone poring scorn on him that they musn't have kids, well I do, as a responsible one I wouldn't earn a living taking chair shots in front of them either.
If Mick has an issue with what Ambrose has stated then there are ways and means surely of dealing with it, like his bosses?
If in your workplace you've been asked to help fasttrack a new employee as you're a trusted guy and this employee did something that you had told him not to do?
Have another private word and make it implicit what is acceptable?
Have a word with your bosses, ask them to lay down the law to him?
Or write 3 versions of a blog on the matter publically slating the person that you work with?

The fact that is has been rewritten 3 times now to me makes it sound like it is a work, that WWE themselves are involved in what is being said and they're playing the dirtsheets once again like they did with Punk's contract and Jericho returning.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:35 am

If it is a work, I think Foley should know better. This is the issue with the Zack Ryder inspired use of the internet to make a name for yourself. To what extent should you do that?

In my opinion, you can't target two sections of the market at the same time successfully. You can't truly satisfy one section without marginalising the other. You can't satisfy both smart fans and pure fans, and to choose to change tact and satisfy the smart fans is a mistake as it is a severe narrowing of the scope of the company (not to mention it would create a horrible elitist culture amongst wrestling fans, far beyond the one that exists at present, because lets face it, 99% of smart fans are assholes).

This is nothing like the CM Punk contract saga, and nothing like anything CM Punk does, and does so well. CM Punk is always still in character. His shoot at the end of that famous Raw was still noticeably CM Punk's character, and though he made references that blurred the lines of reality, for "smart" fans to read between those lines - not once did he say something that destroys the credibility of the act (I.e. Where he said "I'm sick of this idea that John Cena is the best", we know what he means, but it's not explicit to the extent of ruining it for pure fans). What Mick Foley has done here, is NOT the Mick Foley character, whether a work or not, and that is the key difference here.

What CM Punk has done over the past year, via the contract saga, via THAT promo, even via the Chris Brown sniping, is widen the scope of the company, into a more widestream media. This is what CM Punk is about. Thisis what he has always wanted to do. Make wrestling relevant he said. Something like this can only constrict the focus of the company, and make it more irrelevant than ever.

I know I namedrop him in every other post to the point of ludicrousness, but someone else looking to use the internet to make a name for himself right now is Heath Slater. Slater's "feud" with Flo Rida is another example of a widening of the scope of the company. It is an example of someone doing something for his own benefit, but also the WWE's as a whole. Heath Slater's name is now known by all Flo Rida's followers. But even Flo Rida seems to understand that he is dealing with Heath Slater the character, and plays up to that. How ridiculous would it be if he was trash talking Heath Slater, the man?

If you use the internet to eschew the character you are portraying, then the product is broken.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming Dean Ambrose for this, because for all I can see, the hotel lobby "shoot" thing, was clearly the "Dean Ambrose" character overflowing into reality. THAT is cool. THAT is "edgy". What Mick Foley has done this week - whether worked or not - is not cool, or edgy... it's a mess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 19 Apr 2012, 9:42 am

Ed this whole 'reality era' is a complete mess, including cm punks efforts.

How does acknowledging wrestling is fake and making obscure references make it relevant again?

Say what you want about foley this has all been done via blogs and dirt sheets and the general public won't be aware of any potentially damaging remarks - he is smart enough to keep it 'kayfabe' when he brings it to tv.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 19 Apr 2012, 1:49 pm

This was Ambrose's reply to Foley's 1st blog since hasn't been mentioned here

"l never actually insulted Mick's dumb/blind wife or his traumatized ignorant children who think he's a good person. #lostgeneration"

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 19 Apr 2012, 1:57 pm

Definite work then. No-one would dare post that otherwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:00 pm

I think from what Mick has posted and his DM to me makes me believe its a work, I just cannot see WWE allowing Mick to post such a burial without it being given clearance first.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:03 pm

i'll never change my mind on this. work work work wrok wkor krow wwww

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:05 pm

But that is why I am enjoying it so much, because I haven't a clue, because it's suckered me in completely with a new modern twist of a bitter feud.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:19 pm

Spoiler:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:21 pm

Where's that spoiler from Nando?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:26 pm

Hero wrote:Where's that spoiler from Nando?
Spoiler:

It's about half way down the page, Their not usually wrong about things OK

Last edited by Fernando on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Apr 2012, 2:27 pm

Seriously excited to see Ambrose now...

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 19 Apr 2012, 3:33 pm

what I am struggling with is that if Mick's blog was a work then that means he's allowed his children to be used for the purposes of a storyline. I could understand if this was a shoot and Mick might have potentially jeapordised the debut of one of WWE's most promising FCW prospects out of a sense of moral indignation, but to say all of that knowing full well that it's all just a work is just wrong. If this is all just a work then the WWE really is morally bankrupt and the irony of that is that for the past several years the WWE's target audience and demographic has been families and children!!!!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 19 Apr 2012, 3:45 pm

Wrestlers have used their children for years. Rey's daughter's birthday with CM Punk, Rey's son with Eddie, Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett feuding over Kurt's children with Karen.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 19 Apr 2012, 4:40 pm

Hero wrote:Wrestlers have used their children for years. Rey's daughter's birthday with CM Punk, Rey's son with Eddie, Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett feuding over Kurt's children with Karen.

true and I personally disagree with it.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 19 Apr 2012, 4:48 pm

Dont forget the iconic feud between Vince McMahon and Finlay over who was the legitimate father of Hornswaggle!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 19 Apr 2012, 6:39 pm

I'm completely on the side of Demon with this.

CM Punk's promo was good because it fit, the character was the same, it was all in character, he didn't talk about 'working' with people or anything like that, in fact, I can't think of anything he said in that storyline leading up to Money in the Bank that said wrestling was fake. The genius of the promo was that he simultaneously hinted at things beyond the TV screen but not to the extent that he de-legitimised the actual show.

I think CM Punk lost some of the momentum he had through a combination of things, one of these was of course the booking, but another, I feel, was this push to get some kind of insider reference into all his promos. It went from exciting to tedious to unnecessary, I really feel it ruins the product. It's hard to fully involve yourself in a storyline if every other promo is about how it isn't real. His feud with Jericho has been much more refreshing because it has gone back to into a TV storyline.

If this is a work, it's not been a very good one for me. I think it misses the point of what is exciting about insider references and goes too far, the feud will just be confusing for people watching on TV and don't follow dirtsheets an the like, which I expect is the majority of the audience. I'll be surprised if this feud does end up on TV anyway.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 21 Apr 2012, 11:57 pm

During the Tap Out Match between Dean Ambrose and James Bronson, William Regal(who was on commentating) walk out after Dean put the Regal Stretch on Bronson and won the match, After the match Ambrose went into the back to look for Regal but he is no where to be found, then Ambrose starts to talk about how Regal broke his heart, how he feels abandon by Regal, wanting redemption and a rematch with Regal, talks about his and taking back what he feels is his!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMHAz3Ghzr8&feature=player_embedded

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2