The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS - Murray: I won a slam already!!

+4
lags72
laverfan
lydian
polished_man
8 posters

Go down

BREAKING NEWS - Murray: I won a slam already!! Empty BREAKING NEWS - Murray: I won a slam already!!

Post by polished_man Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Rumor has it Murray might have already won his first Slam. Apparently, It just didn't get enough attention from the media.

"I can't go much into details", the Scottish superstar is reported to have said in a confidential revelation, according to an insider, "but it has already happend", and continued: "it was a tough one, but in the end I got it".

I therefore offer my congratulations for his terrific achievement, and wish the best for many more to come!!

polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS - Murray: I won a slam already!! Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Murray: I won a slam already!!

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Murray is clearly the fourth best tennis player of all time, and with this break he will clearly propel himself above and beyond the Djokovic and into the abyss Bubbly

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS - Murray: I won a slam already!! Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Murray: I won a slam already!!

Post by lydian Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:37 pm

Haha....The Stealth Slam.

Irrefutable Bubbly
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Murray (Jamie) won 2007 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles with Jankovic and already has a slam. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Have never understood just what it is that possesses anyone to pen this sort of stuff.

Either it's intended as a bit of light-hearted amusement - in which case it's hardly a masterpiece of wit or originality

Or it's trying to make a 'serious' point - in which case it is in reality little more than a cheap jibe

Andy Murray will never be a Federer or Nadal. But he has truly excelled in a sport where the depth of competition is such that the ATP lists almost two thousand professional singles players from around the globe with an official ranking (let alone the many others who are working to merely achieve a ranking, as the first step in climbing the ladder as far as they can)

To ridicule a guy who is actually the fourth best (and was at one time actually ranked as second best) amongst these thousands of players makes no sense to me at all.

I've often seen stuff like this on non-sport websites where you just know the writers have quite likely never watched a pro tennis match or gleaned any concept of what it must take to get to the absolute elite level of the sport. But, on a forum created for fans of tennis, it just seems horribly out of place, whether joke or not.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:25 pm

lags72 wrote:Have never understood just what it is that possesses anyone to pen this sort of stuff.

Either it's intended as a bit of light-hearted amusement - in which case it's hardly a masterpiece of wit or originality

Or it's trying to make a 'serious' point - in which case it is in reality little more than a cheap jibe

Andy Murray will never be a Federer or Nadal. But he has truly excelled in a sport where the depth of competition is such that the ATP lists almost two thousand professional singles players from around the globe with an official ranking (let alone the many others who are working to merely achieve a ranking, as the first step in climbing the ladder as far as they can)

To ridicule a guy who is actually the fourth best (and was at one time actually ranked as second best) amongst these thousands of players makes no sense to me at all.

I've often seen stuff like this on non-sport websites where you just know the writers have quite likely never watched a pro tennis match or gleaned any concept of what it must take to get to the absolute elite level of the sport. But, on a forum created for fans of tennis, it just seems horribly out of place, whether joke or not.

It makes perfect sense on these boards as Andy, for some unknown reason, is seen as the 'enfant terrible' of Tennis - simply for (take your pick) daring to win 20-odd titles before his 25th Birthday, become one of the Top 10 achievers of the open era in more than one category or having a positive Head to Head over Federer

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:32 pm

banbrotam wrote: Andy, for some unknown reason, is seen as the 'enfant terrible' of Tennis
Wouldnt that be Nadal on here...? Every thing that player does and says is dissected and scorned.
On a forum where this happens daily a culture of negativity is built that can easily transfer to other players.
In this case its Andy for a change...but it'll be soon back to Nadal tomorrow no doubt.
All that said, some of Murrays comments appear to come across as a little arrogant so he's bound to come in for a bit of stick.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:41 pm

lydian wrote:
banbrotam wrote: Andy, for some unknown reason, is seen as the 'enfant terrible' of Tennis
Wouldnt that be Nadal on here...? Every thing that player does and says is dissected and scorned.
On a forum where this happens daily a culture of negativity is built that can easily transfer to other players.
In this case its Andy for a change...but it'll be soon back to Nadal tomorrow no doubt.
All that said, some of Murrays comments appear to come across as a little arrogant so he's bound to come in for a bit of stick.

It's a toss up which gets the most abuse and Andy's comments are always jumped on. I for the life in me do not understand why anyone would not agree with what he said. If he was the same age as Raonic he's be a lot higher ranked than he is and a lot more consistent.

Too may people want to condemn Murray for not winning a Slam, rather than realising that it would have been an impossible task, with this Top 3, for virtually all of those who have won Slams since 2000

I've stated earlier the argument is dead. Even when he wins one - he'll still have his knockers stating that it's only because......... (take your pick!!). The old arguments about the paucity of his play are now dead given his consistency in the last 5 slams

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Well banbrotam the sad thing is we are even getting people making false quotations here and not having the common decency to apologise.

Like I have said before about Murray winning or not winning a slam I am not too concerned as for a big number of people here it will not change their attitudes, opinions or levels of respect to Andy Murray.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:15 pm

It is Crying or Very sad to see Murray getting the shtick for being able to compete with two 'greats' and a 'third' in the making. He has amazing resilience to compete and be able to beat these three.

As Lydian says, Nadal also get $hi*e on v2.

There is an old saying... 'you do not miss what you have, until it is gone'.

Fedalovicurray for ever.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:17 pm

Fedalovicurray!!!

Trust 'laverfan' to give is a new word and make us all smile Wink

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:29 pm

lags72 wrote:Have never understood just what it is that possesses anyone to pen this sort of stuff.

Although I consider myself a men of sport, and one, as you may have already gathered reading through all of my past articles, with such an in depth inside expertise in the game and such close relationships with many high profile protagonists that, maybe, just my humble nature does not allow to show off.

I must nevertheless concede that my knowledge of men-tennis is far inferior to that of some others subject matters as; WTA, the Illuminati, Freudian psychoanalysis and David Icke's work.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for that.
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:51 pm

banbrotam wrote:Fedalovicurray!!!

Trust 'laverfan' to give is a new word and make us all smile Wink

Hug I am glad I brought a smile in this constant bashing of tennis players. Glad to see you on here. Very Happy

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Its just fun to mock a guy who wants to be a laughing-stock by making such comments in public. Its obvious people will mock a big mouth after he fails to deliver. Anyway why does he even make such comments? If he can't stop, how will people. Its a drag I agree but its certainly a masterpiece.

lags72 wrote: Or it's trying to make a 'serious' point - in which case it is in reality little more than a cheap jibe

The only serious point is a player should not keep talking too big and too much before he has actually done it. Else people will make fun of his failures.

lags72 wrote: Andy Murray will never be a Federer or Nadal.
Yes I agree. He won't even be a lot of other players.

lags72 wrote: But he has truly excelled in a sport where the depth of competition is such that the ATP lists almost two thousand professional singles players from around the globe with an official ranking (let alone the many others who are working to merely achieve a ranking, as the first step in climbing the ladder as far as they can)

He is not the only person who has excelled in anything. Everyone in their lives have excelled is something or the other in their own ways. Depth of competition is everywhere and everyone has to fight it daily and its more important than a sport. This is a general thing. But i'm not here to celebrate everyone who have excelled in something or the other. I hope you too aren't. I'm here to discuss tennis, players, how they play, what they achieve, what they talk, how they conduct themselves, surface, balls, playing conditions etc etc.

lags72 wrote: To ridicule a guy who is actually the fourth best (and was at one time actually ranked as second best) amongst these thousands of players makes no sense to me at all.

If being ranked 2nd for 2 nano seconds when someone else lost points matters a lot to you then fine. If you feel reaching rank 4 is so overwhelming for you that you just can't even say anything against him, then its all fine. But others don't have to feel so overwhelmingly grateful to Murray, do they? If you don't like to mock at Murray's words, don't do it.

lags72 wrote: I've often seen stuff like this on non-sport websites where you just know the writers have quite likely never watched a pro tennis match or gleaned any concept of what it must take to get to the absolute elite level of the sport. But, on a forum created for fans of tennis, it just seems horribly out of place, whether joke or not.

It just feels out of place for some Murray fans who feel ashamed to be on the side of such player who keeps blowing his trumpet and then fizzles out when actually put to test. People will always mock such a player. I have watched tennis for decades now but i have never seen a player with such a big mouth than Murray. And the strange thing is he keeps doing it over and over again. Has it never occurred to him or his team that such thoughts are to be kept private, it can lead to embarrassment later on. If it hasn't, what is my fault. Or maybe Murray enjoys being such a 'funny' guy. who know?? Very Happy
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Feel better now ROTLA?

Good for you.

(You do realise that the original post is a joke and not actually a real quote from Murray, yep?)

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:32 pm

djlovesyou wrote:Feel better now ROTLA?

Good for you.

(You do realise that the original post is a joke and not actually a real quote from Murray, yep?)

I know that. Thanks anyway. OK
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Haha.

Of course you did.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down