The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh Vs Leinster (tomorrow)

+28
hugo124
Pot Hale
PJHolybloke
Rory_Gallagher
GunsGerms
Feckless Rogue
Imperialbigdave
Irishhoneymonster
GLove39
tecphobe
asoreleftshoulder
21st Century Schizoid Man
Notch
eirebilly
Shauna784
rodders
LeinsterFan4life
Gibson
MrsP
Jenifer McLadyboy
pete (buachaill on eirne)
BoyneRFC
SecretFly
funnyExiledScot
Mickado
RDW
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
RuggerRadge2611
32 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Edinburgh Vs Leinster (tomorrow) - Page 4 Empty Edinburgh Vs Leinster (tomorrow)

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 9:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well it's back to the PRO12 after a fantastic weekend for bothe Edinburgh and Leinster in the ERC.

It's Friday the 13th tomorrow too good for Edinburgh or Leinster chin

Edinburgh Team :

15 Tom Brown
14 Lee Jones
13 Nick De Luca
12 Matt Scott
11 Tim Visser
10 Greig Laidlaw CAPTAIN
9 Chris Leck

1 Kyle Traynor
2 Ross Ford
3 Geoff Cross
4 Esteban Lozada
5 Sean Cox
6 Stuart McInally
7 Roddy Grant
8 Netani Talei

Substitutes
16 Andrew Kelly
17 Robin Hislop
18 Jack Gilding
19 Grant Gilchrist
20 David Denton
21 Ross Rennie
22 Phil Godman
23 Jim Thompson

Not our strongest team but competative none the less. I can only assume Chunk is being rested after all the greggs stickky toffee puddings he scranned after successfuly drawing all those penalties from Toulouse.

The Backs look dangeorus but I worry for our front row. Our backrow will be good too.

Black & Red army
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh Vs Leinster (tomorrow) - Page 4 Empty Re: Edinburgh Vs Leinster (tomorrow)

Post by Rocky Sat 14 Apr 2012, 11:52 pm

The spin and pass from Madigan at around the four minute mark is class.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjcYtA93AbE

Rocky

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh Vs Leinster (tomorrow) - Page 4 Empty Re: Edinburgh Vs Leinster (tomorrow)

Post by MrsP Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:05 am

Nice bit of skill indeed.

Who ended up playing where in the last 5 mins?

Boss was kept on when Reddan came on, yes?

Did Reddan play in the centre?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:13 am

Boss to 12 Reddan stayed at 9. Darcy took a knock. Not the first time Boss has finished a match at 12 for us actually.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:15 am

Is it my imagination or did he play wing for us a few times?

Headscratch

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:19 am

I wouldn't be surprised if he's played any of 9-15 to be honest.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:32 am

Or even flanker!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:40 am

great performance by Leinster and some fantastic rugby played. madigan, nacewa, jennings, toner standouts for me. our support play and patience is commendable. we can kill teams off first phase but we can also go nowhere for 10 plus phases then out of the blue bang try. the macken try was fantastic

i think edinburgh may have had a drop of the demon drink over the last week. for a strong side on paper they were dreadful

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:45 am

rodders i think your a bit harsh on carr, i didnt see him do anything wrong and he took his try very well

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:50 am

carr had a good game in my opinion and was lively throughout.

love the way mc fadden as a centre option for ireland is written off by so many. wont make the step up etc. he was playing the scottish centre partnership today and did just fine. by all accounts scott is their best 12

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:55 am

mc fadden is an extremely good player but his defense will need improving,which is why darcy is still getting the starts in the big games...once his defense gets better darcy is gone...

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:26 am

McFadden played really well I thought as did Cronin and Toner.
Madigan is really starting to come into his own he needs more game time against tough opposition still but he has a fair few HCup minutes to be fair to him, got us by against Montpellier at home this season.

This is madness I am saying this but I thought one of the best passes of the evening actually came from Darcy in this clip at 1:10 where he releases nacewa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjcYtA93AbE

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:32 am

Jennings was class. As usual. He should unquestionably be our starting 7 in my opinion.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:35 am

yep he should he is one becoming one of the top 7's in the world IMO

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:42 am

I think Joe selects very well, can't see Jenno starting in Bordeaux because we know that for away games he likes physical lads. mcLaughlin will probably get the nod. Boss may even get the nod too.

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:51 am

Only just watched the highlights - switched over to BBC4 at 9pm to catch the Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd (too good to miss good ol' boys rock for a wrinkly old rocker). Jeez, Leinster were good, try by Macken was sensational - but Edinburgh were a joke!

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:58 am

haha priorities eh. visions of you playing your leg hopping around the living room and gibbo doing the same in amsterdam.

like a bit of skynyrd myself.

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:59 am

McFadden seems to be fine defensively at 12, but at 13 players find it far too easy to get on his outside. When it comes to front up tackling, McFadden is a pretty strong tackler. I have seen him put in some massive hits before. He really isn't a 13.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:35 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:McFadden seems to be fine defensively at 12, but at 13 players find it far too easy to get on his outside. When it comes to front up tackling, McFadden is a pretty strong tackler. I have seen him put in some massive hits before. He really isn't a 13.

I agree with this too. He chooses to shoot out of the line at the wrong times too I think and that happens much more at 13 than 12.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:44 am

Feckless Rogue wrote:Jennings was class. As usual. He should unquestionably be our starting 7 in my opinion.

Totally agree. He has been in great form of late. Is really putting it up to SOB. He really shows the quality of a scavenger with the new breakdown laws.
But, it will be hard for Schmidt to ignore the IRFU and start SOB at 6 - where he belongs. We will need Jenno v ASM. Do it Joe. If you dont, it could lose us the game. Dont do a Deccie.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0412/1224314640667.html
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 15 Apr 2012, 4:21 am

dublin_dave wrote:
love the way mc fadden as a centre option for ireland is written off by so many. wont make the step up etc. he was playing the scottish centre partnership today and did just fine. by all accounts scott is their best 12

I'm not writing him off, I think he is a very,very good player, I just think he's a poor tackler. There were 3 examples last night alone. He doesn't get as exposed as much at 12 as in the wider channels but the weakness is there and when he gets caught one on one on in space he tends to get beat.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by hugo124 Sun 15 Apr 2012, 9:39 am

Love when Leinster put a big score on a team, people say the opposing team played terribly.

hugo124

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:16 pm

hugo124 wrote:Love when Leinster put a big score on a team, people say the opposing team played terribly.

Eh, they did. Edinburgh were appalling.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:58 pm

Gibson wrote:
Feckless Rogue wrote:Jennings was class. As usual. He should unquestionably be our starting 7 in my opinion.

Totally agree. He has been in great form of late. Is really putting it up to SOB. He really shows the quality of a scavenger with the new breakdown laws.
But, it will be hard for Schmidt to ignore the IRFU and start SOB at 6 - where he belongs. We will need Jenno v ASM. Do it Joe. If you dont, it could lose us the game. Dont do a Deccie.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0412/1224314640667.html

Thanks for the link Gibbo. From my point of view, I think Jennings should be one of the first names on the team sheet and maybe the captain too. Captains are a bit less likely to be carded and can have more leeway with the "dark arts" of the ruck. Like McCaw.

I know McLaughlin brings physicality and bulk. But we just play better as a team when Jennings is on the field.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:14 pm

Jennings has been on top form lately it has to be said. Deserves to start for Leinster. Maybe even get a shot over in NZ.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4