The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Reasons why England will win Euro 2012

+16
owen10ozzy
lorus59
The Special Juan
dublfcynwa
ReallyReal
Rowley
sodhat
88Chris05
Doon the Water
Dx Dan.
Small Time
Thomond
MBTGOG
Crimey
GG
Duty281
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

10 Reasons why England will win Euro 2012 - Page 2 Empty 10 Reasons why England will win Euro 2012

Post by Duty281 Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

1) Expectation. The stifling expectation which has covered England in near-enough every tournament will be absent this time around as pundits and the media expect nothing of England. With this expectation lifted, England will play with a freedom not seen before.

2) Wayne Rooney. Wayne Rooney is the second top scorer in the best league in the World. Ergo, Wayne Rooney is the second best striker in the World. Missing the first 2 games will give him a hunger not seen since Euro 2004 and with this he will fire England to European glory and bring back memories of Geoff Hurst.

3) The manager will be English. This English manager (whoever he is) will be a passionate, down-to-earth bloke who wants to win. Not some cold continental chap who's only in it for the money, eh Fabio?

4) 12th Man. English fans are the best in the World and they'll be over 50,000 of them at the Euros, giving England a vital lift.

5) We love playing away. No not in that way but in the way that our away record is far superior to our home record. Again, pressure lifted.

6) The new guard. Many new players have surfaced for their country since the horror show that was Bloemfontein. Scott Parker, Joe Hart, Ashley Young, Phil Jones, Jack Wilshere, Chris Smalling and Kyle Walker. This lot carry no previous baggage of failings at previous tournaments, their fresh and proud to play for their country. They're all pretty decent as well.

7) We have a World-Class Keeper. Who isn't David James. We finally have someone reliable between the sticks, who we can trust. Joe Hart is World-Class.

8) The opposition are floundering. Lest we forget, France and Italy had worse World Cups than us last time around. Spain are beatable, Holland are too negative and the Germans are soulless. Portugal struggled in qualifying.

9) Miracles are possible. As Greece will tell you at Euro 2004.

10) We are England And that statement alone should give you enough belief. We are England, stiff upper-lip, patriotic and proud! Plus we invented the bloody game!

Last edited by Duty281 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

10 Reasons why England will win Euro 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 Reasons why England will win Euro 2012

Post by Duty281 Sun May 12, 2013 3:03 pm

I've re-watched England-Italy this morning, nowhere near as one-sided as people say. Yes Italy were better, but England had plenty of chances to pinch it.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2