The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is challenging themselves more?

+2
d260005p
OasisBFC
6 posters

Go down

Who is challenging themselves more? Empty Who is challenging themselves more?

Post by OasisBFC Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:29 am

With Manny and Floyd both fighting decent opposition, which of them is pushing themselves or risking more in their fights?

Bradley is unbeaten and a true linear champion, but not at welter. He is around the same height, but with a longer reach than Manny. He is younger with sound boxing skills but no true knock out power.

Cotto is....cotto. He is not what he used to be, does gas late on in fights but he has power and is a future hall of famer. On his day he has good boxing skills and is still a dangerous fighter against any of the welters or light middle fighters. He is also more comfortable at light middle, but is shorter with a much smaller reach than Mayweather.

On paper it seems to me Manny has chosen the more difficult opponent and I think Mayweather will handle Cotto easier than Manny will Bradley.

However, if Cotto and Bradley ever fought, i'd lean towards Cotto, especially at the higher weight.

And Cotto has been beaten handily (and stopped) by Manny already, but at a lower weight than perhaps Cotto was comfortable with. If the 2 were to fight again, i'd have to choose Manny again and I feel it isn't a fight which Cotto wants to repeat.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Who is challenging themselves more? Empty Re: Who is challenging themselves more?

Post by d260005p Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:36 am

Id say Mayweather. Purely because its at 154lbs, decent fight.

Bradley is a light puncher, with high workrate and is fighting a HARD puncher with high workrate.

I think Mayweather outboxes Cotto, but the size difference will be pretty bigh come fight night.

I see bradley vs pacman being scrappy and Bradley taking a points loss. (contraversial as well).

I think Mayweather is pushing himself more.

He is obvioulsy trying to make a statement by fightin Cotto at the proper weight and not draining him.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Who is challenging themselves more? Empty Re: Who is challenging themselves more?

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:46 am

I pick mayweather also but only just. Like you, Cotto beats Bradley imo, he's more seasoned, better skills imo and more power and a lot of experience with a huge following. Bradley has speed and stamina but imo is a soft puncher (for a champion and lacks that big fight experience. Mayweather is also fighting him in HIS preferred weight. He will give away weight to cotto and beig only 148-150 outside the ring he is brave for doing so. Bradley will be bigger come fight night but is a light welter moving up. Manny will get more credit because of how fragile he looked last one out.

Would Bradley be given such a great chance of causing the upset if manny had destroyed marquez inside 8 rounds like everyone thought he would, hence why some may think Bradley is more dangerous

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:42 pm

I think Bradley is awkward for Pacman. I really think that Bradley will rough him up AKA Alexander. He is rough and fast, all be it not the hardest hitter.

Think if Pacman shows up as he has against Mosley and Marquez then the wheels on the Pacquiao vs Mayweather train will be well and truley derailed.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:54 pm

I'll say Pacquiao, he is now fighting a young hungry Lion. Laugh

Seriously though if Pacquiao was fighting someone Mayweather had destroyed nearly four years ago i could imagine the stick he would be taking right now. I couldn't give a Poopie about weights Floyd has been at it himself.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:00 pm

d260005p wrote:

Think if Pacman shows up as he has against Mosley and Marquez then the wheels on the Pacquiao vs Mayweather train will be well and truley derailed.

Manny and Mosley are too friendly with each other, that's why it was a poor fight. I don't believe either of them had the hunger to hurt each other.

Marquez is perfectly suited to counter Manny's style and gives him nightmares all day every day.

I don't judge Manny's current ability off the back off those two fights. For me, he beats Bradley easily with a late stoppage.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Fair enough Mandrake.

That Mosley fight was pathetic. Touching gloves even AFTER a knockdown?!? What?!?

I think Bradley will take Pacquiao into the trenches.

Be interesting to see Bradley take shots (which he will most definately will) from the Pac Monster........

Im excited

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:12 pm

d260005p wrote:Fair enough Mandrake.

That Mosley fight was pathetic. Touching gloves even AFTER a knockdown?!? What?!?

Be interesting to see Bradley take shots (which he will most definately will) from the Pac Monster........

Im excited

Was that when Pacquiao went down? Think that was just to acknowledge that there was nothing in it. Was a rubbish fight and i'm glad Mosley has eventually been moved down the bill. He doesn't offer anywhere near enough now in a fight to top a bill.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:57 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:

Im excited

Was that when Pacquiao went down? Think that was just to acknowledge that there was nothing in it. Was a rubbish fight and i'm glad Mosley has eventually been moved down the bill. He doesn't offer anywhere near enough now in a fight to top a bill.

No mate, even when Mosley went down! It was bizzarre. Quick touch of the gloves to say nice punch pal, and Pacquiao obliged. I still think Mosley has it in him, but Alvarez will be FAR too big come fight night itself. Be another running show from Mosley who will look good in the first 2 rounds AKA Mayweather.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:02 pm

It was at the beginning of every round too. It's like they were having a sparring session.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:19 pm

d260005p wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:

Im excited

No mate, even when Mosley went down! It was bizzarre. Quick touch of the gloves to say nice punch pal, and Pacquiao obliged. I still think Mosley has it in him, but Alvarez will be FAR too big come fight night itself. Be another running show from Mosley who will look good in the first 2 rounds AKA Mayweather.

Yeah not good, there was too much respect. Forgotten quite a lot of the fight can only be for the best.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down