The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury : "I'm ready for the Klitschkos"

+18
EdWoodjr
Nico the gman
John Bloody Wayne
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Maddy2k12
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Big_G
ShahenshahG
rycoys
Super D Boon
azania
monty junior
Steffan
bhb001
TRUSSMAN66
d260005p
The Galveston Giant
Union Cane
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fury : "I'm ready for the Klitschkos" Empty Fury : "I'm ready for the Klitschkos"

Post by Union Cane Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:00 pm

Tyson Fury insists a thumping win over Martin Rogan tomorrow night will prove he is ready for the Klitschko brothers.

Gypsy giant Fury, 23, faces local hero Rogan at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast after being floored in his last fight.

The former British heavyweight champion got up to stop Canadian Neven Pajkic in the third round last November, after also being wobbled by American Nicolai Firtha two months earlier.

But unbeaten Fury says he will be ready for a world heavyweight title shot against either of the Ukrainians once he has got past former taxi driver Rogie to lift the vacant Irish title.

At 6ft 9in, Fury is confident his size will give WBA-IBF-WBO ruler Wladimir and WBC title-holder Vitali problems.

The Manchester-based Irish Traveller was encouraged by Londoner Dereck Chisora’s points defeat to Vitali in February and reckons he can surprise both brothers.

He said: “I’m ready for the Klitschkos and when they see me against Rogan they will be quaking in their boots.

“I’ve changed completely and you will see it. I’ve had the right amount of fights and this next fight will put me on the world stage.

“The Klitschkos haven’t fought anyone their own size in years and Tony Thompson will not come to win when he fights Wladimir in July.

“I’m young, ambitious and bigger than the Klitschkos. Dereck Chisora showed us that the Klitschkos are not completely unbeatable. He gave Vitali one hell of a fight and he deserves a lot of credit for that.”

But Fury insists that — should he get his chance — he will not engage in the same trash talking and bad behaviour as Chisora, 28, and fellow Brit David Haye.

Haye, 31, had a long campaign of taunting Wladimir before losing on points last summer while Chisora slapped Vitali at the weigh-in before their February fight. He then spat water in Wladimir’s face moments before the first bell against Vitali.

Instead of hurling insults at them, Fury has hailed the Klitschkos as role models and hopes Vitali, 40, retires soon to avoid getting beat.

He said: “They are very honorable men and have shown you don’t have be a great aggressor in boxing to be a world champion. They have shown a bit of brains and boxing can win.

“These guys are military people from their backgrounds in the old Soviet days, they have degrees, doctorates, speak different languages and are superb athletes. They are totally different to how it was before for world heavyweight champions, who came from the ghettos and poor backgrounds.

“They have reigned for a long time and it has been hard to see how anyone could change that, but that’s where I come into play.

“There’s always some young challenger who comes along and beats the champion. I think the Klitschkos should move on before they get beat, especially Vitali.

“I beat Chisora a lot more comfortably than Vitali did, so I think age is a massive factor for him now.”

Last edited by Union Cane on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Fury : "I'm ready for the Klitschkos" Empty Re: Fury : "I'm ready for the Klitschkos"

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:05 pm

He must think we button up the back. It would be interesting because he's a big lad but that's where it stops. He beat Chisora a lot more comfortable than Vitali did Laugh. So what.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Fury : "I'm ready for the Klitschkos" Empty Re: Fury : "I'm ready for the Klitschkos"

Post by d260005p Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:13 pm

This guy is a complete joke. I am praying he fights one of the brothers. Please let it happen. To state, live, that this coming fight will bring him to the world stage is an absolute joke.

"when they see me against Rogan they will quake in their boots"

Errrr what?

If Fury went against Haye/Thompson/Adamek/Price and absoluetely smashed them, then the K bros would be intrigued.

But beating up an old aged taxi driver who was never really good (just an irish Rocky) is pathetic

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:19 pm

If they are serious about stepping up there is plenty of fringe contenders to offer a real challenge. I don't think that's what they after though especially since they've got their feet under the table at 5. Fury will need to face a big name in the next fight or two to gain back some respect, you only give up your belts if you have a bigger, better fight lined up.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:26 pm

"I beat Chisora more comfortably than Vitali did!!!" Doh

Well there we go then......

Not sure Vitali would need a gift against Mcdermott though!!!!

He's a useless, talentless slob and I don't want to see him get hurt......

Maybe he should take up crocquet instead...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"I beat Chisora more comfortably than Vitali did!!!" Doh

Well there we go then......

Not sure Vitali would need a gift against Mcdermott though!!!!

He's a useless, talentless slob and I don't want to see him get hurt......

Maybe he should take up crocquet instead...

I want to see him knocked out cold infront of his home fans against Rogan.

Probably wont happen, but with Furys Poopie chin, its possible.

Or if Audley Harrison came back and laid down the left hand smackdown on him.

Now that would be ultra bad.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:56 pm

Yes, comments like this do not do him any favours, given blatant ducking of Price etc. Good luck to him, I say, but stop being a muppet about his chances against the Klitch Bros. They are in a different league and he, like Haye, et al, need to prove themselves worthy to take them on in stead of trying to talk themselves into a fight.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Apr 2012, 3:26 pm

Lets hope he does fight and beat one of the Klitschkos. English boxing could do with a new star at heavyweight. Good luck to the guy OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 13 Apr 2012, 3:41 pm

The thing is he probably will get a shot by beating a heap of nobodies and then running his mouth. He should take on the likes of Thompson, Chambers,Arreola,Adamek, Helenius and we'll see how good he really is. If he beats any of them (which i highly doubt) then fair enough he should get a shot. This era is a throwback to the rubbish 1980s fighters, where guys would get a title shot after 15 fights.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 13 Apr 2012, 3:49 pm

Steffan wrote:Lets hope he does fight and beat one of the Klitschkos. English boxing could do with a new star at heavyweight. Good luck to the guy OK

What? Is this a urine take comment?

We all jump on Khans back when he calls out Mayweather etc even when he is a former world champion. We jump on Cleverly back because he fights fringe contenders when he is a World Champ. But when some bum comes out of a garage in Ireland/Manchester or wherever, and says beating Rogan (a taxi driver) will make them Quake is an absolute joke.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 13 Apr 2012, 4:00 pm

“I’m ready for the Klitschkos and when they see me against Rogan they will be quaking in their boots.

Laugh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 13 Apr 2012, 4:07 pm

I would actually like to see this happening. It would be great for once if the Ks had an opponent they couldn't man-handle and someone's who's actually taller than them so they have to punch upwards for a change.

I don't care if it's a mismatch but just get bored of the usual dynamic of jabbing downwards frequently, keeping everything at arms length and throwing cruiserweights around the ring. It would be good for either bros record to have a win over a goliath that's even more goliath than they are.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 13 Apr 2012, 4:13 pm

Tony Thompson is 6' 5', only 4 inches shorter than Tyson with a lot more experience. It doesn't make much difference but i know what you mean.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 13 Apr 2012, 4:25 pm

Super D Boon wrote:It would be great for once if the Ks had an opponent they couldn't man-handle and someone's who's actually taller than them so they have to punch upwards for a change.

They will probably avoid Fury to stop this happening, in the same way that they shamelessly ducked Valuev.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 13 Apr 2012, 4:51 pm

Yeah but Union, didn't Valuev shamelessly duck the K bros or are you doing a quick Friday leg pulling session before going to the pub?

I wouldn't suggest the Ks would duck a human pine tree just saying it would be nice for once if they didn't have all the phyiscal advantages.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 13 Apr 2012, 4:54 pm

They did duck him though, it was only when Haye had the WBA that they started professing their desire to have all the belts in their family and all that.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Fri 13 Apr 2012, 5:04 pm

he should rematch chisora , or better still haye make a comeback and take him on but haye would get no credit for beating him so that wont happen ! , i hate the guy with a passion , the fact is he is a rubbish boxer ! big and thats it i mean to vacat the brittsh belt to take on rogan is embarresing ! come on rogan tomorrow tho would love him to ko him !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 13 Apr 2012, 5:10 pm

Union Cane wrote:They did duck him though, it was only when Haye had the WBA that they started professing their desire to have all the belts in their family and all that.

I was of hearing that Valuev, partly managed by Don King was being nursed very tenderly towards fraudulently breaking Marciano's record of most wins by an unbeaten heavyweight champion,?? Whilst of course never mentioning the fact that the large tower of cack was no more than a belt holder and not regarded the main champion, the complete opposite of Marciano who was of course, the true World Champion! Any dealings with the K bros would have almost certainly scuppered such plans?? So glad Chagaev took out the trash and stopped such a crime from happening! No fan of Marciano but Valuev!!!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 13 Apr 2012, 5:18 pm

Did they Flip Laugh Don king owns 50% of Valuev and wanted rights to the klitchkos next fight, thats why the fight dint happen.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Apr 2012, 5:32 pm

Poor old Fury he's a bit hard to take seriously isn't he.....

1. The voice........
2. The fact he likes self-harming.
3. The fact he's so slow you think the screen has froze..

He's tall and he feeds on stiffs........that's it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_G Fri 13 Apr 2012, 5:35 pm

Fury seems to have finally put some effort in and looks quite trim

http://www.boxinginsider.com/headlines/weigh-in-tyson-fury-245-34-martin-rogan-228-14/

Big_G

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Apr 2012, 5:37 pm

To me he's Joe Bugner without the talent!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 13 Apr 2012, 5:40 pm

So he's not Joe Bugner then.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 13 Apr 2012, 5:41 pm

Big_G wrote:Fury seems to have finally put some effort in and looks quite trim

http://www.boxinginsider.com/headlines/weigh-in-tyson-fury-245-34-martin-rogan-228-14/

Wow, he's a donkey but the man is 6'9 an is fighting at the same weight as 6'6 (6'7) champion wladamir klitschko, fair play to him, but he should be like that in every fight.

I love the chisora line. He got rocked badly in the 2nd round by a fighter who was 20lbs heavier than he was fighting vitali and was inactive for over 8 months

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 13 Apr 2012, 5:45 pm

I would love to see Rogan do it to ne honest.

Fury is a talentless lump, a bit like Valuev only not as effective due to not being quite as big.

It would also be good to see him lose because boxing has no place on Channel 5, which is only good for repeats of CSI and NCIS.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy2k12 Fri 13 Apr 2012, 6:54 pm

I expect Fury to make short work of Rogan tomorrow night. It will be good to see if he has improved with his new trainer (other than obviously coming in at a career lightest).

Maddy2k12

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Fri 13 Apr 2012, 7:18 pm

Super D Boon wrote:I would love to see Rogan do it to ne honest.

Fury is a talentless lump, a bit like Valuev only not as effective due to not being quite as big.

It would also be good to see him lose because boxing has no place on Channel 5, which is only good for repeats of CSI and NCIS.

what a ridiculous remark

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Apr 2012, 7:23 pm

Agreed...Channel 5 should be applauded for bringing Boxing back to the terrestrial types....

Maybe not for the guy they are showcasing though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 13 Apr 2012, 7:31 pm

True, boxing on a mainstream will always e good for the sport. My only problem is that it would be SO much better if ITV or BBC got fights live. It will have a bigger budget and could be shown to a much bigger audience

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Apr 2012, 7:59 pm

d260005p wrote:
Steffan wrote:Lets hope he does fight and beat one of the Klitschkos. English boxing could do with a new star at heavyweight. Good luck to the guy OK

Why? Fury has a much chance as the last 2 English fighters to get in the ring with a Klits bro

Chisora showed heart to be fair. Haye just showed his toe. Both were used as punchbags by Vitali and Wlad (although not as bad as people like Briggs and Peters). As Super D Boon said maybe fighting some like Fury who is their size will make it more difficult. Fury has as much chance as any heavyweight of toppling a Klits bro in my opinion OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:24 pm

Steffan wrote:
d260005p wrote:

Why? Fury has a much chance as the last 2 English fighters to get in the ring with a Klits bro

Chisora showed heart to be fair. Haye just showed his toe. Both were used as punchbags by Vitali and Wlad (although not as bad as people like Briggs and Peters). As Super D Boon said maybe fighting some like Fury who is their size will make it more difficult. Fury has as much chance as any heavyweight of toppling a Klits bro in my opinion OK
haha good one ! fury would lose against chisora if they fought again and i dont think chisora is that good and haye would ko him in 6

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:39 pm

Hed destroy the klichkos imo. Hes quality mate.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:44 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Did they Flip Laugh Don king owns 50% of Valuev and wanted rights to the klitchkos next fight, thats why the fight dint happen.

And K2 always demand rights for their opponents next 3 fights in the very unlikely event that either lose.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:44 pm

Tyson Fury great name though, because Billy Fury was one of the great British singers of the 60's. Laugh

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:53 pm

azania wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Did they Flip Laugh Don king owns 50% of Valuev and wanted rights to the klitchkos next fight, thats why the fight dint happen.

And K2 always demand rights for their opponents next 3 fights in the very unlikely event that either lose.

Fair enough, but the difference is, if they dont earn it why should they look a gift horse in the mouth? Valuev would have got 50/50 but don king wanted more - or more likely he wanted to keep Valuev as a valuable undefeatable monster. Instead young Chageav battered 7 shades of crap out of him and either klitschko would probably total him.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:56 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:He must think we button up the back. It would be interesting because he's a big lad but that's where it stops. He beat Chisora a lot more comfortable than Vitali did Laugh. So what.

Muhammad Ali took 5 rounds to take care of Richard Dunn a few months before Joe Bugner wiped out Dunn in the first round. Did that make Bugner better than Ali ?
Fury is either a WUM or a cretin who thinks that we're likewise. Doh

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Dynamite Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:56 pm

Not that I rate the K-brothers all that highly, but Tyson Fury needs to get into shape before he can ever entertain the thought of a Klitschko encounter. He's out-of-shape and needs a conditioning coach.

Kid Dynamite

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:28 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
azania wrote:

Fair enough, but the difference is, if they dont earn it why should they look a gift horse in the mouth? Valuev would have got 50/50 but don king wanted more - or more likely he wanted to keep Valuev as a valuable undefeatable monster. Instead young Chageav battered 7 shades of crap out of him and either klitschko would probably total him.

Haye's contract was 50/50 and were he to win he would have faced Vit in his next fight and then a rematch with Wlad. If that's not options, I dont know what is.

K2 wanted 50% of UK TV PPV. Haye was the ticket seller here. K2 didn't deserve it. Give credit to Haye for making the 'fight' happen because were it not for his generocity the 'fight' would not have happened. I bet he's regretting it now.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:30 pm

Kid Dynamite wrote:Not that I rate the K-brothers all that highly, but Tyson Fury needs to get into shape before he can ever entertain the thought of a Klitschko encounter. He's out-of-shape and needs a conditioning coach.

He's never going to be a body beautiful person. He just doesn't have the bone structure or the type of muscle mass to add definition. Also he will always be a crap boxer regardless of how he looks. The body of Adonis is not going to make him better.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:34 pm

But Haye would have bitten their hands off if they offered him that Laugh he would have made megabucks and a chance to redeem himself if he lost in the rematch. After which he would have promptly retired and live on 35ish million rather than the 15 million he got for the one fight. I doubt they offered him that.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:43 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:But Haye would have bitten their hands off if they offered him that Laugh he would have made megabucks and a chance to redeem himself if he lost in the rematch. After which he would have promptly retired and live on 35ish million rather than the 15 million he got for the one fight. I doubt they offered him that.

He wasn't. Fact is that without Haye conceding 50% of UK TV and agreeing to fight VK and then rematching WK, their fight would not have happened. K2 probably got that from the school of negotiations where the principle was Don King.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:53 pm

Then they'd be devout christians then wouldnt they Azania? Laugh

True but he was the most desperate to make it happen, so its only fair if concedes ground.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat 14 Apr 2012, 5:43 pm

azania wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:But Haye would have bitten their hands off if they offered him that Laugh he would have made megabucks and a chance to redeem himself if he lost in the rematch. After which he would have promptly retired and live on 35ish million rather than the 15 million he got for the one fight. I doubt they offered him that.

He wasn't. Fact is that without Haye conceding 50% of UK TV and agreeing to fight VK and then rematching WK, their fight would not have happened. K2 probably got that from the school of negotiations where the principle was Don King.

There were no rematch or options clauses in the Haye/Klitschko contract. It was a one fight contract with all revenues split down the middle. Hardly an outrageous demand from the far more recognised and unified heavyweight champion. Even Haye himself said the deal was fair and he was happy with it.

I dont know where you get your info on the Klitschkos from, but its probably worth changing sources.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 14 Apr 2012, 5:49 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:

There were no rematch or options clauses in the Haye/Klitschko contract. It was a one fight contract with all revenues split down the middle. Hardly an outrageous demand from the far more recognised and unified heavyweight champion. Even Haye himself said the deal was fair and he was happy with it.

I dont know where you get your info on the Klitschkos from, but its probably worth changing sources.

I stand corrected. I read that he was obliged to fight VK had he won and then a rematch with WK.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 15 Apr 2012, 12:30 pm

offcourse he is ready for the klitckoes and good on him for saying that an all.

if you dont think your good enough at pro sport then get another job.

not sure why so many people hate..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Apr 2012, 1:55 pm

mystiroakey wrote:offcourse he is ready for the klitckoes and good on him for saying that an all.

if you dont think your good enough at pro sport then get another job.

not sure why so many people hate..

He's not humble. He doesn't say things like "right now the Klitchko's are better than me but if I work hard I will do my best when I fight and be extremely thankful that they have goven me an opportunity to fight for their title even though I didn't deserve it".

If he says he wants to fight and beat K2 then he is a classless oaf.

Personally I'm all for boxers calling each other out and trash talking. As long as the fighter gets noticed and the general public know him, then its good for the sport.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:07 pm

Havent heard him speak. however not sure if many boxers are humble

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:10 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Havent heard him speak. however not sure if many boxers are humble

Aha. Agreed. But words are twisted and if Boxer A says he wants to fight the best then he is classless. But if Boxer B says he would like to be given the opportunity to fight the best, then he is humble. Boxer A better not say he will win though. That is not very British.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:13 pm

I feel like eveyone seems to think the k2are the norm and every other boxer gets judged. even though from my pov all boxers are just simple mad and on another planet

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:16 pm

mystiroakey wrote:I feel like eveyone seems to think the k2are the norm and every other boxer gets judged. even though from my pov all boxers are just simple mad and on another planet

Many want K2 to be the norm and want other boxers to be like them. They give to charity, feed the hungry, walk on water (perhaps) and talk a million languages. They also screw other boxers like all others have done before but they do it in a humble manner. Classy guys.

Who outside of eastern europe or hardcore boxing fans know who they are?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next