The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury : "I'm ready for the Klitschkos"

+18
EdWoodjr
Nico the gman
John Bloody Wayne
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Maddy2k12
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Big_G
ShahenshahG
rycoys
Super D Boon
azania
monty junior
Steffan
bhb001
TRUSSMAN66
d260005p
The Galveston Giant
Union Cane
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fury : "I'm ready for the Klitschkos" - Page 2 Empty Fury : "I'm ready for the Klitschkos"

Post by Union Cane Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Tyson Fury insists a thumping win over Martin Rogan tomorrow night will prove he is ready for the Klitschko brothers.

Gypsy giant Fury, 23, faces local hero Rogan at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast after being floored in his last fight.

The former British heavyweight champion got up to stop Canadian Neven Pajkic in the third round last November, after also being wobbled by American Nicolai Firtha two months earlier.

But unbeaten Fury says he will be ready for a world heavyweight title shot against either of the Ukrainians once he has got past former taxi driver Rogie to lift the vacant Irish title.

At 6ft 9in, Fury is confident his size will give WBA-IBF-WBO ruler Wladimir and WBC title-holder Vitali problems.

The Manchester-based Irish Traveller was encouraged by Londoner Dereck Chisora’s points defeat to Vitali in February and reckons he can surprise both brothers.

He said: “I’m ready for the Klitschkos and when they see me against Rogan they will be quaking in their boots.

“I’ve changed completely and you will see it. I’ve had the right amount of fights and this next fight will put me on the world stage.

“The Klitschkos haven’t fought anyone their own size in years and Tony Thompson will not come to win when he fights Wladimir in July.

“I’m young, ambitious and bigger than the Klitschkos. Dereck Chisora showed us that the Klitschkos are not completely unbeatable. He gave Vitali one hell of a fight and he deserves a lot of credit for that.”

But Fury insists that — should he get his chance — he will not engage in the same trash talking and bad behaviour as Chisora, 28, and fellow Brit David Haye.

Haye, 31, had a long campaign of taunting Wladimir before losing on points last summer while Chisora slapped Vitali at the weigh-in before their February fight. He then spat water in Wladimir’s face moments before the first bell against Vitali.

Instead of hurling insults at them, Fury has hailed the Klitschkos as role models and hopes Vitali, 40, retires soon to avoid getting beat.

He said: “They are very honorable men and have shown you don’t have be a great aggressor in boxing to be a world champion. They have shown a bit of brains and boxing can win.

“These guys are military people from their backgrounds in the old Soviet days, they have degrees, doctorates, speak different languages and are superb athletes. They are totally different to how it was before for world heavyweight champions, who came from the ghettos and poor backgrounds.

“They have reigned for a long time and it has been hard to see how anyone could change that, but that’s where I come into play.

“There’s always some young challenger who comes along and beats the champion. I think the Klitschkos should move on before they get beat, especially Vitali.

“I beat Chisora a lot more comfortably than Vitali did, so I think age is a massive factor for him now.”

Last edited by Union Cane on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Fury : "I'm ready for the Klitschkos" - Page 2 Empty Re: Fury : "I'm ready for the Klitschkos"

Post by Super D Boon Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:46 pm

Having watched the fight last night I was surprised at how sharp Fury looked but then again he was still pretty ponderous and slow. Rogan was absolutely abysmal it must be said. He carried a low guard for some reason so rather than get out of the way of shots he got tagged endlessly instead, strange tactic! Obviously poor conditioning to go down to the type of shot he did too.

Rogan should go back to the taxis. Awful stuff.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Fury : "I'm ready for the Klitschkos" - Page 2 Empty Re: Fury : "I'm ready for the Klitschkos"

Post by mystiroakey Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:36 pm

all the same i wouldnt wanna jump rogans cab!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:40 pm

mystiroakey wrote:all the same i wouldnt wanna jump rogans cab!!
Laugh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:45 pm

As long as you paid him well and serviced and valeted his cab afterwards, he probably be weirded out but happy.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:39 am

Whether he has the ability to back up his confidence is another thing but I do like how he has the confidence in himself.

He makes alot of good points and he is a viable contender. I don't think we'll see him fight a Klitschko for sometime yet. Still a few more learning fights needed and upto the next level of contender.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:47 am

who else is good enough to fight the k2's mind.

i think its more about the lack of talent- rather than a fighter being ready- i can see a k2 fight in a year

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:56 am

His ranking is with the WBC which is Vitalis belt. At the age Vitali is now its not unthinkable that he might hang up the gloves in the next 12-18 months which would leave Fury in a handy enough position to fight for the vacnt strap as long as he can tread water until then. The kind of fighters ranked above him are Boytsov, Dmitrenko, Arreola, Banks etc and you would expect one of those to be Vitalis mandatory at some point later this year.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:03 am

how many fighters above him are unbeaten? if any

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:11 am

Only Boystov that Im aware of.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:22 am

ok ta

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 16 Apr 2012, 10:58 am

azania wrote:Who outside of eastern europe or hardcore boxing fans know who they are?

Hayden Panettiere has heard of at least one of them .... Whistle

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2