The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mums and Dads and Grannies and Grandads and International parental Qualifications

+12
ieuan
The Great Aukster
fa0019
HammerofThunor
Biltong
mystiroakey
majesticimperialman
aucklandlaurie
Agnoo1
EngInAuck
Mr Bounce
Portnoy
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mums and Dads and Grannies and Grandads and International parental Qualifications - Page 2 Empty Mums and Dads and Grannies and Grandads and International parental Qualifications

Post by Portnoy Fri 13 Apr 2012, 9:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Let's say that the nationality of parents were each worth 0.5 points and grand-parents 0.25 points for a player to claim playing rights for a particular country. And a total of 1 point required to earn the right.

I considered DNA proof, but that would be a total abrogation of any civil rights imaginable...

Last edited by Portnoy on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Mums and Dads and Grannies and Grandads and International parental Qualifications - Page 2 Empty Re: Mums and Dads and Grannies and Grandads and International parental Qualifications

Post by geoff998rugby Mon 16 Apr 2012, 11:12 am

Whilst I understand the country who developed you arguement it would be very unfair for the following reasons.

Some people are born and brought up in another country because their parents cannot get work in their home country. Their heart remains in the original countries - South Sea Islanders in NZ, Irish in England.

I'll give you a very practical example from the Ulster squad.

As far as I am aware all of Declan Fitzpatrick's extended family are Cavan born.
His parents moved to the English midlanders before he was born to find work. He was brough up their and stayed till he was 23(?). Both he and his parents have sinced returned.
If you talk to him he feels he is a Cavan man and an Ulsterman and an Irishman.
Are you seriously suggesting he should only be considered for England because he spend his early years there. That would be wrong on many levels

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2