The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Childhood Wrestling - Your Greatest Match

+4
strzezek82
VDT
Brilliant_yep
Aaronb33
8 posters

Go down

Childhood Wrestling - Your Greatest Match Empty Childhood Wrestling - Your Greatest Match

Post by Guest Sat 14 Apr 2012, 7:41 pm

I shall start a series based on childhood wrestling.

An introduction Howard Fink style.

We have all done it. We have all aspired to be the best backyard wrestler of all time. The Hardy's had trampoline matches. Mick Foley jumped from rooftops. We have all tried to re-create or create our own moments in history where we have had moments of just wow, tears from a botch, heel turns. Moments that will be carried and talked about by our families generations. Some of you may have had matches with brothers, friends and your own children.

My best match was a submission match I had with my brother back in the summer of 1995. The venue was our frontroom. Our parents were out. We put Changing Rooms to shame by emptying the frontroom in 20 minutes. So it begun. For the AWF Championship. My brother had defended it against me a week earlier. One his friends was staying over and had hit me a low blow which lead my brother to nail me with a piledriver for the victory. The lights went out and into the ring I came. With both the cats watching, I am sure they gave me a massive pop. My brother came down and the crowd were giving him heat! The match started. It was personal. After trading knife edge chops and even some 'Woooooo's' thrown in. I hit the atomic drop and followed it into a backbreaker. A cheeky thumb to the eye and my brother had the momentum. He begun working on me right leg and was building up for the dreaded figure four leglock. I was tired. He really got over with crowd. All 2 of them. They look shocked at some of his tactics. He then slapped on the figure four leglock. I was a goner. He was slapping me whilst he had me. He was taunting me to give in. I wouldn't. After what seemed a lifetime, I reversed the hold and the break I needed resulted in a cramp to my brother as the pressure reversed. I got to my feet. Hurt from the hold I stumbled over and slapped on my patented sharpshooter and because of the cramp he tapped out. I was a 4 time AWF Champion. I celebrated with the crowd who didn't have much to say! After a 30 minute battle I was victorious. I lost the title 2 weeks later in a 4 way no holds barred match round me mates house!

What was your greatest match?

Back to top Go down

Childhood Wrestling - Your Greatest Match Empty Re: Childhood Wrestling - Your Greatest Match

Post by Aaronb33 Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:06 pm

When I was a kid, me, my brother and about 10 mates had a battle royal using couches as the ropes to be thrown over. There was quite an impressive list of injuries, ranging from split lips and busted noses to a broken arm. Good times.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Childhood Wrestling - Your Greatest Match Empty Re: Childhood Wrestling - Your Greatest Match

Post by Brilliant_yep Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:55 pm

Not so much a match,but my best victory came against my older brother. We had enforced a '24/7' stip on the belt,and I had waited all night for him to go to sleep so I could pin him. Obviously the following morning he failed to admit the legitimacy of my title win.
The next night I went into his room armed with a microphone attached to a huge kareoke machine that needed all my strength to carry,and proceeded to win the belt with sufficient audio evidence. I then cut a pretty dastardly promo on him and left the cassette under his pillow.

To this day my brother still has the tape,and I may have won the battle but he definitely won the war,as the tape is played at least thrice a year when he wants to embarrass me.

Good idea for a thread.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:14 pm

We had the KWF with my brothers and a few kids from the roads! There was Titch Rich, Mike The Rocket, The Sick Clown, Ninja Jay, few more can't remember it was about 20 years ago ! I was Chris Priceless or The Diamond! Remember attemping a 3 way ladder match with really old wooden ladder we found in the park, it didn't go well, we put the championship (cardboard and tin foil belt) on top of a wall and "battle" begin ending in a fun afternoon in the hospital with a dislocated shoulder!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by strzezek82 Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:15 am

I often come on here just to read stuff but after reading this thread I decided I had to sort out an account! (I was registered on the old BBC 606 but as I worked nights I couldn't post things due to it closing at 10 or 11).

Anyway.....

Two matches stand out to me, the first was in 1991 when "Flash" Frase (me) challenged The Wildcat (my brother) for the world title on a saturday morning. Yes the names were poor. We began by filming promos in bad American accents then proceeded to the arena (front room as per) armed with a hollow, yellow, plastic baseball bat the Wildcat hit the ring. It was a back and forth battle. At one point the Wildcat locked in the camel clutch which somehow Flash wriggled out. Later the Wildcat had Flash in a side headlock andcrouched to the floor. The imaginary audience supplied all the adrenaline needed for Flash to raise Wildcat up and execute a "modified" back suplex, bridging himself and getting the 1,2,3!!
In the rematch Flash got intentionally DQd so Grant beat up Fraser and Mum banned Wrestling.

The other match was in 1999 shortly after The Rock V Mankind's I quit match when a group of drunken friends decided to have an "I QUIT RUMBLE!" that lasted about 5 minutes and finished in a no contest. I eliminated one friend quickly thanks to Ken Shamrock's ankle lock, another elimination occured accross the room when one guy couldn't take any more head bashing off the radiator then the action stopped when an arm was broken and a trip to hospital was required.

I guess now I have to wait for my kids to get a bit older for the next instalment.

strzezek82

Back to top Go down

Post by goldustismyhero Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:09 pm

One i remember is a few years ago at butlins there were a group of lads in Wrestling fancy dress having a Rumble type match on the beach, decided to get suit on strutted down the beach like vinny mac and proceeded to join in amongst their laughs i grabbed one lad dressed as naitch and hit him over head with a packet of tommy sauce to make it look like he had bladed, was a right laugh

If i remember rightly taker wone by chokeslaming bret hart Smile

goldustismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:57 pm

Fair play this is a brilliant idea for a thread, the only problem is where to start as I had many matches when I was a kid.

Probably the most pain I've put on somebody was in school when I was wrestling my mate. Started off with numerous belly to back suplexes onto the grass before I slapped on a camel clutch. He managed to get one of the audience members to pull his arm out so he could reverse/ escape from the clutch. After more suplexes I originally went for a sharpshooter but he managed to block it so ended up with him in the liontamer. Ended up him submitting and me walking away celebrating with him still on the floor in a ball and a short trip to the headmasters office.

Most embarrassing moment for me was again while in school, I took it upon myself to challenge my mate who knew karate or some martial art and ended up with me in an armbar, completely helpless but refusing to submit and my mate just holding me there while he started making notes in his school book. He wasn't hurting me, even though I know he could have quite easily, but just had me completely helpless.

Most painfull for me would be my triple threat match with my two neighbours who were brothers. We did the generic wrestling moves you always see before I started climbing the boundary wall of their garden, probably about 10ft, looking for my mick foley hell in a cell moment. I managed to get to the top and started balancing on the top while walking over to where they were both lying before losing my footing, falling off the wall and landing very uncomfortably on the grass below. Hurt like hell at the time but after the 'magic sponge' and a trip to the hospital and I was good as new.

The most recent episode was when I worked for a well known high street catalogue shop. I was out the stockroom when, at any moment, me and my mate would jump each other and going for either a submission or a quick pin. One time ended with blood after my watch had caught on his wrist and ripped abit of his skin off (the accident book states he caught it on the metal racking) but he got me back by rock bottoming me onto a child's bike in its box. Safe to say the box was destroyed and most likely the bike was broken to. Naturally we decided to not tell anybody about that incident.

These really were the days, I dont think my boss would be to happy if I started putting my colleagues through the desks in my office nowadays though :-( I hate being grown up. Haha
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:12 pm

We had plenty of matches in the day. Round school and round the streets at home!! I actually have the honour of winning the first ever royal rumble!! My mate was supposed to win and I was the one who was going to be eliminated last, but (the venue was a rugby pitch) one of the groundsman came out chasing us off and my mate sprinted out the ring area first, quickly followed by me screaming "I won! I won!!" - talk about a screwy finish!!

We also had one friend who idolised Jeff Hardy and wanted to be equally as daring so there was a few times when he let us put him through tables which we had set on fire - Edge and Foley had nothing on us lol!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 15 Apr 2012, 8:24 pm

I remember being over my neighbours house. It was me and him vs his two brothers. One of his brothers were out for the count on the one sofa, leaving his other one at the mercy of a 2-1 situation.

He was lying on his front so I applied a cross face whilst my friend applied an ankle lock, the brutal one where you lie on your back and wrap your two legs around the leg you have the ankle lock applied to. He tapped out after a good 15 seconds, all credit to him.

We won, raised each others arms, then, we he turned away from me I hit him with a low blow. He collapsed to the ground holding his nuts and I walked out the front door to go back home, leaving everyone wondering why I turned heel on my lifelong friend and tag partner. Good times Smile

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down