The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Greatest Era in Wrestling

+10
Kenny
NickisBHAFC
Liam
Mr H
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF
Shot 21 LCFC
liverbnz
JoshSansom
MIG
Hero
14 posters

Go down

Greatest Era of Wrestling?

The Greatest Era in Wrestling Vote_lcap15%The Greatest Era in Wrestling Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 7 ]
The Greatest Era in Wrestling Vote_lcap13%The Greatest Era in Wrestling Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
The Greatest Era in Wrestling Vote_lcap38%The Greatest Era in Wrestling Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 18 ]
The Greatest Era in Wrestling Vote_lcap28%The Greatest Era in Wrestling Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 13 ]
The Greatest Era in Wrestling Vote_lcap2%The Greatest Era in Wrestling Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
The Greatest Era in Wrestling Vote_lcap4%The Greatest Era in Wrestling Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 47

The Greatest Era in Wrestling Empty The Greatest Era in Wrestling

Post by Hero Wed 02 May 2012, 11:08 am

Sparked from the debate over if we are leaving the PG era, which in my opinion we already have although it is still 'PG' I refer to it now as the 'Reality' era as it blurs the lines of kayfabe far more and heavily utilizes social media to play a part in the show.

So from that which for you is the greatest era of the WWF/E?

Golden Era (1983 - 1993) - Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage etc.

New Generation Era (1993 - 1998) - Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Diesel, Razor Ramon, Undertaker etc.

Attitude Era (1998 - 2001) - Triple H, The Rock, ''Stone Cold'' Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Undertaker, Kane etc.

Ruthless Aggression Era (2002 - 2008) - Chris Benoit, Batista, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Kurt Angle etc.

PG Era (2008 - 2011) - John Cena, Jeff Hardy, Randy Orton, Edge, Rey Mysterio etc

Reality Era (2012 - ?) – CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz etc

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Era in Wrestling Empty Re: The Greatest Era in Wrestling

Post by MIG Wed 02 May 2012, 11:15 am

I'm not sure you can completely distinguish between these. I'm not very good with my memory so I could be completely wrong but -
I started watching around 2000 and I watched HHH, Rock, Austin, Undertaker and Kane (put down as attitude era) along with Benoit, Batista, Brock, Cena and Angle (put down as ruthless agression era) from that time and for a number of years. I always thought the attitude era was later than that. In which case in my circumstances I would vote for the ruthless agression era but then that involved the invasion didn't it? Which imo was the beginning of the WWE being terrible for many years. So I am confused as to which one to vote for.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 02 May 2012, 11:27 am

The Invasion was one I was tempted to put in by itself as it was obviously a crossover point between Attitude and Aggression.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 02 May 2012, 11:31 am

Personally I have not voted because I have not actually experienced all of these so I don't feel as though I can comment. All I can say is that I enjoyed the Attitude Era and Ruthless Agg Era and I have enjoyed WWE programming for the past year or so by and large. As such I can't comment on the others that I did not watch...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 02 May 2012, 11:31 am

From 2002-2004 was my favourite era predominantly because of the Smackdown Six. From 2004 onwards is the John Cena era essentially, where professional wresltling has evolved into something that's not very enjoyable for the older generation of fans.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 May 2012, 12:00 pm

I would say 1992-2002 was the best period I could re-call. Purely because for me it was the last time the WWE had any structure. A solid main event, solid mid-card and superb tag team scene. I think the timing of how the main event scene went full circle when Nash, Hart, HBK all phased out within a year of each other and then to see Austin, Rock, HHH all come through. For me the attitude era ended when Austin was injured. I think it knocked the stuffing out of the momentum they had gained in 1999. I feel after the Invasion angle and demise of WCW in a way was the death knell for the industry for a long time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 02 May 2012, 12:30 pm

This one is easy. Attitude Era all day every day.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Wed 02 May 2012, 12:32 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:This one is easy. Golden Era all day every day.

Fixed that one for you thumbsup

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 02 May 2012, 12:34 pm

Laugh no chance lol. Attitude Era rules!!! Maybe it is because I am 24 and grew up mainly watching that era but for me that will never be topped.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Wed 02 May 2012, 12:37 pm

The golden era for me is the origins. I know wrestling was around before but all the storylines were fresh and there were title reigns that lasted more than a couple of weeks. Great champions who ruled. The nearest we've got since I feel was JBL's long reign where he looked like never loosing.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 02 May 2012, 1:06 pm

Golden Era without a shadow of a doubt. Wrestlemania's 7 and 8 are my favourite Mania's of all time.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 02 May 2012, 1:21 pm

Well I started watching sort of around 2001 and then stopped around 2007 when wrestling was just going down hill. I enjoyed the ruthless agression era, because it had an excellent balance between Smackdown and Raw. I watched Raw occasionally but mainly watched smackdown and I thoroughly enjoyed that era. Brock Lesnar was just amazing as was Kurt Angle and Taker on Smackdown. Hell, even Big Show was decent. I'll always remember the elimination chamber matches involving Raw superstars, particularly the Goldberg one. But I enjoyed the Evolution stable, it was superb. I enjoyed everything about it.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 02 May 2012, 2:15 pm

Who voted for PG erra Rolling Eyes

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 02 May 2012, 2:46 pm

I voted for the New Gen era personally, the Bret v HBK feud is still for me my fave feud of all time and I just loved the characters at that time.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 02 May 2012, 5:11 pm

I voted for the Golden era , it was when i first started watching wrestling in the early 80's and for me it just drew me in and cemented my love for wrestling
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 02 May 2012, 5:35 pm

Ruthless Agression era for me. When the brand split meant something. You had 2 World titles being competed for by the very best. The cruiserweight division on SmackDown was amazing. Both US and IC titles held a great deal of prestige. Not one, but TWO thriving tag team divisions. Hell, even the Womens title meant something.

This era was basically 2 for the price of one. You would watch RAW and think "Yeah, this is definatly the A show" Then watch Smackdown and seriously begin to question yourself.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 May 2012, 6:51 pm

New generation by far

You say it yourself by naming shawn michaels, bret hart and taker. Probably the 3 best guys to ever step foot in a wwf/e ring

Back to top Go down

Post by silverfox Thu 03 May 2012, 7:44 am

New Generation for me,

Undertaker V Yoko Royal Rumble 1994

HBK entering at number 1 and winning following year

The Bret / Owen feud

Undertaker v Undertaker

silverfox

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Thu 03 May 2012, 5:28 pm

Ruthless Aggression Era

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by symongrice Thu 10 May 2012, 11:04 pm

I love attitude era and ruthless aggression era but the laters booking was terrible I could tell you what would happen almost ever match circa 2004-5

symongrice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down