The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest Wrestling Families.....

+2
Shifty
Brady12
6 posters

Go down

Who is the greatest family in the history of Pro Wrestling....?

Greatest Wrestling Families..... Vote_lcap14%Greatest Wrestling Families..... Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
Greatest Wrestling Families..... Vote_lcap4%Greatest Wrestling Families..... Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Greatest Wrestling Families..... Vote_lcap36%Greatest Wrestling Families..... Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 10 ]
Greatest Wrestling Families..... Vote_lcap0%Greatest Wrestling Families..... Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Greatest Wrestling Families..... Vote_lcap36%Greatest Wrestling Families..... Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 10 ]
Greatest Wrestling Families..... Vote_lcap10%Greatest Wrestling Families..... Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
Greatest Wrestling Families..... Vote_lcap0%Greatest Wrestling Families..... Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 28

Greatest Wrestling Families..... Empty Greatest Wrestling Families.....

Post by Brady12 Mon 27 Jun 2011 - 23:25

An article for the more knowledgeable older fans on here... I wrote an article on nepotism a few weeks back & it got me digging into the past wrestling families.... Who do you guys consider the best?

The McMahon's is an obvious answer due to Vince himself having completely revolutionalised the business in the 80's.... But I'd go for the Harts all the guys became wrestlers an all the girls married wrestlers. Not to mention the partriarc of the family Stu Hart trained several wrestlers the majority of whom made it to the big time in the US.
What's everyone think? How are The Von Erichs perceived? Is their notoriotory gain from tragedy? Where would you rank the Samoan wrestling tree?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Greatest Wrestling Families..... Empty Re: Greatest Wrestling Families.....

Post by Shifty Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 18:44

I voted for the Harts as now their on their third generation if you include Jim The Anvil Neidhart's daughter who's mother is Bret's sister Ellie.

Though you could also include Ted DiBiase's family as his dad died in the ring and his son is now a wrestler.

Or even the Rock who's grand father was high Chief Maivia, and his father was a WWF wrestler too.

Curt Henning (Mr Perfect) is a possibility as his dad was a famous wrestler.

Randy Savages family were famous wrestlers his brother was "The Genious", and I believe his father owned a company.

The Vachon's are also a famous family.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 19:12

AlynDavies wrote:
Or even the Rock who's grand father was high Chief Maivia, and his father was a WWF wrestler too.

The Rock's family are the Anoi'a/Maiavia family who I voted for.

I primarly went for this family as they included one of the biggest wrestling stars ever as previously mentioned who was the most sucessful in trasnsitioning himself from wrestling into movies

His gradfather Peter Miavia was the promoter of the Hiwian branch of the NWA while his father Rocky Johnston had the distiction of being part of the first black tag champions in WWF history inronically winning the titles from The Wild Samoans als members of the family, the Samoas were a very sucessful tag team, only the 2nd team to win multiple WWF tag championships (3 in total) they held 21 championships in total and are inductess in the hall of fame, Afa Anoi'a who is a memeber of the team opened a wrestling school who's illumini include Paul Orndorff, Junkyard Dog, Bam Bam Bigelow and Batista among others.

Yokozuna was the first WWF champion of the family holding the title twice and actually being the first heel to retain at wrestlemania (but not leave as champion). Others from the Anoa'i/Maivia and the extended Fatu family who have wrestled and held tiles in WWF/E include Rikishi, Rosey, Umaga, The Tonga Kid, The Uso's and Manu.

Gary Albright another extended member of the family was a sucessful ameturer wrestler and wrestled with some of the biggest names during the glory days of All Japan, including challanging Mitsuharu Miswawa for the Triple Crown.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 19:26

McMahon's, no explanation needed.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jun 2011 - 19:32

Has to be the Harts for me, the way they all pulled together to make Stampede work for what was essentially very little gain although for a decent time enough to be comfortable, the many top talents who passed through the Dungeon and the thousands of top matches Bret, Owen and Davie Boy had with thousands of different talents all over the World, Stampede was also the territory that introduced new exciting matches like the Ladder Match to Pro Wrestling, a match that in 2011 is still so popular a whole PPV concept is based around it.

Many who are listed where great, the Von Erich's deserve a mention but despite what the gave to the business for me they represent a bad eliment of it, far to many premature deaths, to many self inflicted to be 'the best' family, the family who lost the most, Definitely!

The McMahon's definitely deserve a shout because Vince transformed the WWF into a World Wide territory but long term he put a lot of people out of business and monopolised the industry in North America, for all the good he done himself and WWF fans, I don't think he did the industry long term favours

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 30 Jun 2011 - 23:59

Surprised we've got no Funk marks on here but I'd say the voting is about what I expected....

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 12:04

I agree entirely with Gaffer. I'm glad to see the Guerreros on there, that family has a rich history in the business.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down