The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

+64
Duty281
1GrumpyGolfer
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
SharkSoul
Mike Power
kingraf
VDT
theundisputedY2D2
BlueCoverman
rodders
FIFA Diva
rIck_dAgless
JubbaIsle
JPX
MIG
kittenv2
Diggers
Bathman_in_London
Breadvan
TRUSSMAN66
Dr Gregory House MD
VTR
Galted
Lumbering_Jack
westisbest
Fists of Fury
two_tone
Mr Bounce
Nakatomi Plaza
Corporalhumblebucket
trottb
Beer
Dave.
Scott is Back
JuliusHMarx
The Boss
Crimey
dummy_half
ShahenshahG
GSC
GG
Mike Selig
Ent
Liam
TopHat24/7
littleswannygirl
Il Gialloblu
as1079
B91212
alfie
Adam D
Mat
Cari
liverbnz
President Trump
Hero
eirebilly
Kenny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Derbyblue
Biltong
Enforcer
Luckless Pedestrian
Pal Joey
68 posters

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 6 Empty The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Pal Joey Mon 23 Apr 2012, 10:18 am

First topic message reminder :

by Big Daddy Bee on Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:39
So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how big or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

Last thread: https://www.606v2.com/t199p950-the-that-really-grinds-my-gears-thread

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Jul 2012, 5:02 pm

eirebilly wrote:Learn your place peasent raspberry

You should get that as a bumper sticker! Laugh

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by eirebilly Thu 26 Jul 2012, 5:04 pm

How do you know i dont already? Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Jul 2012, 5:05 pm

But in Dutch, of course. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 26 Jul 2012, 5:09 pm

No bumper stickers on my car. I have an A8, respect is automatically expected from you lesser members of society Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Thu 26 Jul 2012, 9:23 pm

eirebilly wrote:I have a big car Swanny, (compensating Wink )

Laugh it's not the size of the car I object to billy, just the inability to manoeuvre the feicin thing!... Erm ... Whistle

Anyway... took her nearly 2 minutes just to reverse out of a central parking space. And as for driving down the ramps. Oh!!
Erm Headscratch Yikes warning Shocked warning warning steam mad censored

And I might learn my place if I knew what a peasent is... raspberry raspberry
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 5:53 am

A8 drivers can't spell either so it seams.... Whistle

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 27 Jul 2012, 6:33 am

We dont have to spell correctly breaker. Its your job as peasents to make the effort to understand us.

Swanny, just sounds to me like you encounted a typical woman driver Wink

Surely i must be grinding some peoples gears now Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:46 am

I suppoze your rite. Pleazant mourning so far? Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 27 Jul 2012, 8:04 am

yoor speling is terebel this morning guys.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 27 Jul 2012, 8:46 am

leve miy spel end grammer aloan ewe bulli
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 27 Jul 2012, 9:40 am

littleswannygirl wrote:
eirebilly wrote:I have a big car Swanny, (compensating Wink )

Laugh it's not the size of the car I object to billy, just the inability to manoeuvre the feicin thing!... Erm ... Whistle

Anyway... took her nearly 2 minutes just to reverse out of a central parking space. And as for driving down the ramps. Oh!!
Erm Headscratch Yikes warning Shocked warning warning steam mad censored

And I might learn my place if I knew what a peasent is... raspberry raspberry

Women can't park/reverse/manouver.

Accept the multi-tasking thing and that on the road in general they are better and certainly safer drivers, but it is a simple genetic difference that women struggle with abstract thinking and spatial awareness. Hence the inability to read maps or park cars.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 27 Jul 2012, 9:47 am

Jonathan Pearce grinds my gears. He's my least favourite football commentator. He has such a big, boastful voice and he loves the sound of it. I don't like him at the best of times, but yesterday he was commentating on "Team GB" versus Senegal; now calling the Olympic team "Team GB" is annoying enough as it excludes Northern Ireland ("Team UK" would have been fine), but he kept saying things like "GB are passing the ball well here" and "that was a good move by GB". Call them Britain, you nonce!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 27 Jul 2012, 9:50 am

Was it Jonathan Pearce that commentated the initial series' of Robot Wars? If so it took me a long long time to get used to him commentating football, kept expecting him to blurt out about Sergeant Smash! Smile

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 27 Jul 2012, 9:55 am

It was, TopHat. He should have stuck to that! Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 27 Jul 2012, 1:38 pm

Nothing and i do mean nothing, can be worse than Garth Crooks when it comes to commentating. He is by far the worst and most arrogant pundit i have ever come across. I dont change channels for many people but that guy makes me do that.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 27 Jul 2012, 1:41 pm

Garth Crooks is a self-important frog of a man.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 4:55 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Jonathan Pearce grinds my gears. He's my least favourite football commentator. He has such a big, boastful voice and he loves the sound of it. I don't like him at the best of times, but yesterday he was commentating on "Team GB" versus Senegal; now calling the Olympic team "Team GB" is annoying enough as it excludes Northern Ireland ("Team UK" would have been fine), but he kept saying things like "GB are passing the ball well here" and "that was a good move by GB". Call them Britain, you nonce!

It's not Jonathan Pearce who has decided to call them Team GB....

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 27 Jul 2012, 4:58 pm

How long has Crimey been a man in green?? Shocked

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 27 Jul 2012, 5:27 pm

It annoys the hell out of me that every other advert on tv is for some bloody PPI claims company !
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:45 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:It annoys the hell out of me that every other advert on tv is for some bloody PPI claims company !

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 27 Jul 2012, 8:37 pm

Crimey wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Jonathan Pearce grinds my gears. He's my least favourite football commentator. He has such a big, boastful voice and he loves the sound of it. I don't like him at the best of times, but yesterday he was commentating on "Team GB" versus Senegal; now calling the Olympic team "Team GB" is annoying enough as it excludes Northern Ireland ("Team UK" would have been fine), but he kept saying things like "GB are passing the ball well here" and "that was a good move by GB". Call them Britain, you nonce!

I didn't say it was. What annoyed me was that he was calling them "GB".

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 29 Jul 2012, 11:58 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Crimey wrote:

I didn't say it was. What annoyed me was that he was calling them "GB".
What happened to "and Northern Ireland"?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 29 Jul 2012, 4:17 pm

One thing that is getting on my nerves at the moment and is ever increasing is women (and men although I've yet to see any men do it) thinking they are suddenly Delia Smith because they've made CUPCAKES.

They're Cupcakes for pity's sake, they are something that a 4 year old could make, whoopdy do, you made some pretty coloured icing and stuck a decoration on top but at the end of the day you made a cupcake, I shouldn't have to give you a round of applause or have it clogging up my Facebook newsfeed to see the pictures of it.

Last edited by Hero on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 29 Jul 2012, 4:22 pm

Hero wrote:One thing that is getting on my nerves at the moment and is ever increasing is women (and men although I've yet to see any men do it) thinking they are suddenly Delia Smith because they've made CUPCAKES.

They're Cupcakes for pity's sake, they are something that a 4 year old could make, whoops do you made some pretty coloured icing and stuck a decoration on top but at the end of the day you made a cupcake, I shouldn't have to give you a round of applause or have it clogging up my Facebook newsfeed to see the pictures of it.

Nobody will ever achieve legendary status like Delia kiss
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun 29 Jul 2012, 5:03 pm

Delia sucks

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:30 pm

Speaking of Facebook newsfeeds, it really annoys me that my Facebook keeps changing the setting of my newsfeed from 'most recent' to 'top stories'. Every time it happens. I change it back to 'most recent', then in a day or two's time, it's magically changed back to 'top stories'. I'll decide what the 'top stories' are, thank you very much! steam

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 11:02 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Speaking of Facebook newsfeeds, it really annoys me that my Facebook keeps changing the setting of my newsfeed from 'most recent' to 'top stories'. Every time it happens. I change it back to 'most recent', then in a day or two's time, it's magically changed back to 'top stories'. I'll decide what the 'top stories' are, thank you very much! steam

I agree.

At first, they didn't even let you change it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:30 am

I really can't stand the current trend for BBC reporters to do a piece to camera as the event on which they're reporting takes place behind them. It happened at least twice yesterday, once as Gemma Gibbons was battling for gold in the judo and once as the British cyclists took to the podium to be awarded their gold medals. It's not just the sports reporters who are doing it: the most despicable recent example was when a BBC reporter did his bit to camera as Robin Gibb's coffin passed behind him.

These reporters need to be reminded of their place. They are not the story. The events they are covering should not be shunted into the background.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:19 am

Late tpo the party but I can't stnad Mark Lawrenson. His whiny voice and need to constantly mae sarcastic comments do my head in. Just shut up and commentate on the game ya wowser!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:12 am

The Boss wrote:Late tpo the party but I can't stnad Mark Lawrenson. His whiny voice and need to constantly mae sarcastic comments do my head in. Just shut up and commentate on the game ya wowser!

I don't understand what he offers, he doesn't ever use the knowledge he is presumably employed for.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:17 am

Its just constant snide comments or pompous jokes that he repeats. He's employed by BBC and gets work with TV3 commentating in Ireland too.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:33 am

It annoys me when people say 'sat' when they mean 'sitting'. Here's something someone's just tweeted about the cricket:

"Another day sat in the office wishing I was at the Test! Come on England!"

Why would 'another day' have sat in the office wishing for someone to be at the Test? Headscratch

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:38 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It annoys me when people say 'sat' when they mean 'sitting'. Here's something someone's just tweeted about the cricket:

"Another day sat in the office wishing I was at the Test! Come on England!"

Why would 'another day' have sat in the office wishing for someone to be at the Test? Headscratch

Very Happy

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:26 pm

It's very much my "lying" and "lay".

I blame Judy Stone's awful song. "Would You Lay With Me In A Field of Stone" Wink

As Granny used to say - "...only hens lay eggs!" or lay in fields.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 03 Aug 2012, 12:44 pm

Your Granny was spot on, Breaker!

There's a world of difference between "I was lying on the sofa last night" and "I was laid on the sofa last night".

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 03 Aug 2012, 2:26 pm

* 'my' should have been 'like' above

Right, I need to have a lie down now...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 04 Aug 2012, 1:45 pm

John Inverdale grinds my gears beyond belief.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 04 Aug 2012, 4:43 pm

eirebilly wrote:John Inverdale grinds my gears beyond belief.

That's a fweind cause he's on the 'lmpics quite a bit. As is broadcasting's equivalent of the village idiot Sonia.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 04 Aug 2012, 5:16 pm

What is with fweind? Has there been tinkering with the swear filter? Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 04 Aug 2012, 5:37 pm

How strange Billy! I said b u mmer...I guess it has a different meaning with the swear filter!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 04 Aug 2012, 8:16 pm

I like John Inverdale.

Run

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 05 Aug 2012, 2:22 am

Cari wrote:How strange Billy! I said b u mmer...I guess it has a different meaning with the swear filter!

Happened to me as well... it must be a new thing. The word has almost become mainstream here in Oz with those famous car commercials a few years back.

Kiwi? Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 05 Aug 2012, 6:52 am

Cari wrote:How strange Billy! I said b u mmer...I guess it has a different meaning with the swear filter!

I suspected as much, damn PC mods getting all trigger happy with the swearfilter dagnabbit.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 05 Aug 2012, 6:59 am

That really bends my horns that does! steam

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 05 Aug 2012, 12:33 pm

Linebreaker wrote:

Happened to me as well... it must be a new thing. The word has almost become mainstream here in Oz with those famous car commercials a few years back.

Kiwi? Wink

Breaker - Having grown up watching Aussie soaps like Neighbours and Home & Away, that word has inadvertently found its way into my vocabulary. Along with "arvo". And Dougal used to say it all the time on "The Magic Roundabout"

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Aug 2012, 1:18 am

That's so true Cari

Home & Away is filmed not far from me Very Happy

Personally, I'm not a huge soapy fan but I must admit when I was in London I used to watch an episode or 2 to cure the 'homesickness'.

Is it just me but I keep hearing "Alympics". How hard is it to say "O"?

Also, they keep saying "watch so-and-so going for Gold..."

I'm still bloody waiting.... Whistle

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 06 Aug 2012, 6:42 am

Sorry breaker but the Aussie accents really do my head in, when the Aussie girls speak, i cringe. Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 06 Aug 2012, 8:41 am

Depends where you are Billy. There's this new show called "The Shire"... do you remember a show called "Sylvania Waters"? Well, this is worse!
We actually have some good ones and some very raw ones... lots in between too. Worst for me is the Lebanese Sydney accent... does my brain in. Best is around the middle north shore - very toned down and words are better articulated and sound quite pleasant. Very Happy

Last edited by Linebreaker on Mon 06 Aug 2012, 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 06 Aug 2012, 8:45 am

The girls in Perth have nice accents though Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 06 Aug 2012, 8:57 am

It's cause they are South Africans. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next