The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

annoyed

+11
thunder and lightning
bluestonevedder
montana2rice
BamBam
Thomond
Good Golly I'm Olly
TheBrownTown
Colan (niner)
Derbyblue
crazy_dave23
cherriesfna
15 posters

Go down

annoyed  Empty annoyed

Post by cherriesfna Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:35 am

who else is very annoyed about there draft pick and wants to go and hunt your HC and GM down.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

annoyed  Empty Re: annoyed

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:26 am

some light reading for Cherries...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/57578/what-seahawks-are-thinking-with-irvin

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:33 am

mad Not a fan of that Weeden pick!

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:35 am

oh and harbaugh and baalke smoke pete carroll again, apparently irvins agent said that the niners were considering him in the first, ever heard of a smokescreen seattle haha

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:53 am

a year ago i would be annoyed at this pick but i trust in the fo, thought he would be mid 2nd rounder though

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:11 am

I'm annoyed because I'm currently awake at 4:10am and my broncos didn't make a pick! Oh well I enjoyed the first round anyway

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:26 am

I couldn't be happier Yahoo

We traded UP Shocked I know we only have two picks remaining but if we can pick up a decent corner and a safety, I will be chuffed!

Ideal situation:
#48 Janoris Jenkins (although don't think he will slip that far)
#62 George Ilowa (think thats how you spell it)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:52 am

Well that was surprising and somewhat disappointing. Didn't mind the trade down, but Kuechly was a better option. Don't mind trading up for Doug Martin, was somewhat surprising but I think the plan was to pick a RB in the 2nd anyway. So 3rd go linebacker, 4th go LB 5th go Corner 6th go Corner, and 7th go RB and it's an alright draft.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:43 am

wedont nned help laterwe need it now
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:06 am

u know what
i pete carroll wetrust and im allinon this pick
a speed rusher is just what we needed
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:17 am

cherriesfan wrote:who else is very annoyed about there draft pick and wants to go and hunt your HC and GM down.

cherriesfan wrote:u know what
i pete carroll wetrust and im allinon this pick
a speed rusher is just what we needed

Well that looks like one of the fastest U turns on v2! Am I right in thinking I missed a freak out of Pr4wn level proportions last night from cherriesfan when the Seahawks took Irvin?

Also, if they did take him because the 49ers were "considering" him in the first round, then I now love Trent Baalke even more than before! Although he does have some explaining to do with the AJ Jenkins pick, I know nothing about him, if he is a project WR then why not Stephen Hill?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:00 am

from looking online, the niners had an interest in him but i thought as a 2nd rounder. He i s considered after Kendall Wright as the best receiver at getting seperaion and and i can see that he is being dubbed this years Torrey Smith or Mike Wallace. Also Illinios only passed for 2000 and something yards last year and he got 1200 of them i think, and schellhause can't reall throw very well right now

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:08 am

just seen some articles saying the vikings wanted the 30 spot from niners but baalke thought jenkins could be gone by 35, further reports say st louis would have taken aj jenkins with their 2nd rounder at spot 34 so maybe he was highly thought of

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:15 am

ollyrules wrote:
#62 George Ilowa (think thats how you spell it)

it's not...
Iloka

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by montana2rice Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:51 am

Bambam you did miss out on an epic reaction from cherries last night!!

Don't really have much to say on the niners pick. Can't really complain as I know nothing about the guy. Guess we've just got to trust the FO. Aldon Smith was a reach at 6 last year and look how that turned out.

Having said that I would have liked us to take a gamble on Janoris Jenkins

montana2rice

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:54 am

I'm pretty happy! Packers got a steal with Nick Perry at #28.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:58 am

thats the way i look at it too, taking Smith at 7 last year is like taking Mercilus at 7 this year, so was a reach, and culliver was taken in the 3rd even though he had a 6th round grade and he looks a player

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:06 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:I'm pretty happy! Packers got a steal with Nick Perry at #28.

Agreed. I thought he would go at around 20-24 and he fills one of the most obvious need. Glad they didn't take Harrison Smith, but I do wonder what they plan to do at safety because of Collins not being there.
I know they basically played that way this year but I would kind of like them to go after Iloka if he is about at the end of the second rather than stick with Peprah and Burnett (who I do like btw).

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm pretty happy with with the Titans taking Kendall Wright, before the draft I though it was the most likely "sexy" pick we could make, though I can't help feeling DeCastro would have been the smarter pick. Unsure why he fell so far given his pre-draft build up as a potential parenial pro bowler, Steelers got a steal with him imo.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:16 pm

I think Clay and Perry are going to compliment each other so well. Perry is so athletic and quick for his size, he could cause real problems at this level.

You're right about going after a safety too- really hope Collins makes a return, but have to be prepared should be not. Iloka is a decent shout.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:32 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:You're right about going after a safety too- really hope Collins makes a return, but have to be prepared should be not. Iloka is a decent shout.

I thought Collins had already been released by the Packers earlier this past week. Crying or Very sad

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Calmed down a little from last night, I'll wait to see what we do tonight. Shame about Weeden's age or I could be so happy right now!

Cherries you've changed your tune a lot since last night, you not even slightly upset over that massive reach for a player who won't be a 3 down linebacker for you?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:40 pm

TM Moot wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:You're right about going after a safety too- really hope Collins makes a return, but have to be prepared should be not. Iloka is a decent shout.

I thought Collins had already been released by the Packers earlier this past week. Crying or Very sad

Oh god you're right, I had no idea! Must have missed it in all the draft mayhem. That's terrible news and such a shame for him. Great player, and a real servant to GB.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Calmed down a little from last night, I'll wait to see what we do tonight. Shame about Weeden's age or I could be so happy right now!

His age is such a negative over him. I was really shocked to see him go in the first round because of his age, and thought we'd see him slip. It's a brave selection, because at 28, you expect a pro QB to be hitting their peak...

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:45 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Calmed down a little from last night, I'll wait to see what we do tonight. Shame about Weeden's age or I could be so happy right now!

Cherries you've changed your tune a lot since last night, you not even slightly upset over that massive reach for a player who won't be a 3 down linebacker for you?

he will be one day
he has a huge upside and we need to train him right
carroll and sciender are great judges of talent.
also why complain cause i cant cahnge anything so might as well go along with it
also i remember last time we took the "safe" pick
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:50 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:
TM Moot wrote:

Oh god you're right, I had no idea! Must have missed it in all the draft mayhem. That's terrible news and such a shame for him. Great player, and a real servant to GB.
If he proves he can return to the football field after his neck injury then they could always resign him if someone doesn't beat them to it.

bluestonevedder wrote:

His age is such a negative over him. I was really shocked to see him go in the first round because of his age, and thought we'd see him slip. It's a brave selection, because at 28, you expect a pro QB to be hitting their peak...
I really don't see where the threat was in terms of a team trading up to get him but rumours say the Chiefs and Bills were interested, I just hope he can start right away. With a WR added somewhere maybe we can have a chance at challenging in the AFC North, but I do think it could be hard to look past Martin or Adams at 37 to solidify the O-line.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Hopefully he can start right away, and be one of these rookie QBs that needs only a season to adjust. That way, i'm sure you'll get some productive years out of him. With Richardson in the backfield, there shouldn't be too much pressure on him, and hopefully McCoy will continue to take a few snaps to ease him in.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:39 pm

Apparently we're willing to listen for offers for Colt McCoy so looks like it is over for him in Cleveland, which seems unfair to me when you look at the "talent" on the Browns roster. Main positions that need drafting now are RT and WR, gives Weeden a solid line to stand behind and hopefully can give Richardson plenty of holes to run through, then WR would give Weeden somebody to target my worry is whether Stephen Hill (if they get him at 37) can step in and start on day 1 with a full route tree.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:43 pm

Would just like to say I got a retweet off 5 live NFL commentator Darren Fletcher last night Yahoo

@fletch5live Hey Darren! Can I have a retweet for staying up for the draft despite having an exam at 9am tomorrow!!
Retweeted by Darren Fletcher

Ok so I lied my face off but who cares Yahoo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:44 pm

just seen that regarding McCoy. That is a bit harsh to be honest. He was a great college player, and I think the blame lies more the coaches than anything- it appears he's had no support. Hopefully he'll get traded and make something good of his career.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:54 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:just seen that regarding McCoy. That is a bit harsh to be honest. He was a great college player, and I think the blame lies more the coaches than anything- it appears he's had no support. Hopefully he'll get traded and make something good of his career.
It seems very harsh to me too, I think he had support but they forgot something, he was never meant to start his first year as he was a development prospect but then they got rid of Delhomme and made Wallace McCoy's back up so he jumped from 3rd on the depth chart to first, though I had high hopes for McCoy looking back I'm not sure he should have started week 1 this past season. Some people say we were never the right team to take him due to a lack of arm strength but he didn't seem to have any issues hitting Norwood far downfield last year. Wish him the best if he gets traded elsewhere, hope he can prove people in Cleveland wrong (just not against us).

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:02 pm

ollyrules wrote:Would just like to say I got a retweet off 5 live NFL commentator Darren Fletcher last night Yahoo

@fletch5live Hey Darren! Can I have a retweet for staying up for the draft despite having an exam at 9am tomorrow!!

Why would you ask for a retweet? Never understood why people do this.. Headscratch

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:09 pm

Packers looking at trading for McCoy apparently, 6th or 7th round pick.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:29 pm

RDuncan8 wrote:
ollyrules wrote:Would just like to say I got a retweet off 5 live NFL commentator Darren Fletcher last night Yahoo

Why would you ask for a retweet? Never understood why people do this.. Headscratch

It gets you some more followers I think!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 pm

GB1919 wrote:Packers looking at trading for McCoy apparently, 6th or 7th round pick.

That's interesting. With the Packers' receiving core, he could be a good fit there. Wouldn't mind at all. Besides, he'd get some seriously good experience working alongside A-Rod.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Not really had chance to review the whole 1st round yet, but extremely happy with getting RGIII after all the BS in the news lately. Surprised about a few picks, like Wheedon, but will try to get a better look at the detail later. Interested to see what value we can get with our remaining picks.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:06 pm

ollyrules wrote:
RDuncan8 wrote:

But surely you would follow someone for either the info they provide, humour, conversation, debate etc. If a "celeb" or known person retweeted a fact you said or humour or point you made then I would maybe follow you. But if it came up you just asked for a retweet, i'd think why?

Why do you need more followers?

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:16 pm

RDuncan8 wrote:
ollyrules wrote:
RDuncan8 wrote:

But surely you would follow someone for either the info they provide, humour, conversation, debate etc. If a "celeb" or known person retweeted a fact you said or humour or point you made then I would maybe follow you. But if it came up you just asked for a retweet, i'd think why?

Alright don't slate me!! I'm new to twitter, I don't need more followers but they are welcomed!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:21 pm

ollyrules wrote:
RDuncan8 wrote:
ollyrules wrote:
RDuncan8 wrote:

Alright don't slate me!! I'm new to twitter, I don't need more followers but they are welcomed!

Sorry Very Happy Been wandering this for a while so this was just the first opportunity to ask someone about it.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:12 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:
GB1919 wrote:Packers looking at trading for McCoy apparently, 6th or 7th round pick.

That's interesting. With the Packers' receiving core, he could be a good fit there. Wouldn't mind at all. Besides, he'd get some seriously good experience working alongside A-Rod.
Apparently Colt isn't asking for the trade, so could just be the Front Office want an extra pick in the draft over two competing QBs. If he does leave Cleveland I wish him the best of luck, though his lack of arm strength people talk about would be an issue in Green Bay too. Weeden does arguably still have 10 to 12 years left in him, so either way I just hope it goes well for Cleveland and we don't regret this draft.

I do though hate the logic well Weeden beat Luck, RGIII, Tannehill in college, Football isn't a one player sport plus Weeden had the 1st WR taken in the draft to throw too, I have genuinely no idea of Texas A&M WR's.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down