The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cena vs Orton

+3
Samo
Ent
Scorch The Dragon
7 posters

Go down

Cena vs Orton Empty Cena vs Orton

Post by Scorch The Dragon Fri 27 Apr 2012, 12:19 pm

Hi Wrestling fans

Me and Mrs Scorch were having the discussion the other night, wondering why Orton seems to garner a lot less hate than Cena, when in essence they currently do exactly the same.

Both very rarely lose

Both have their five moves of doom, clothesline, clothesline, scoop slam, ddt off the ropes, RKO, shoulder shoulder block, slamm thing, 5 knuckle shuffle, AA.

Both take a whole load of punishemtn in thier matches, then jump up and hit thier finisher.

Both in my opinion not great on the mike, although I actually feel and its only my opinion Cena is better.

Both have had a lot of cheap title reigns.

Yet Orton appears to be still be loved by the IWC and Cena is hated.

Can anyone explain why they get such different reactions, or have I got it all wrong?

Scorch The Dragon

Back to top Go down

Cena vs Orton Empty Re: Cena vs Orton

Post by Ent Fri 27 Apr 2012, 12:31 pm

Orton can wrestle

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 27 Apr 2012, 12:37 pm

Orton is starting to lose ground with the IWC. Its taken him time to get to the level of boring Cena reached, but hes getting there.

He gets a lot less love on this board than he did on old 606 thats for sure.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri 27 Apr 2012, 12:37 pm

Ent wrote:Orton can wrestle

Agreed Smile

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 27 Apr 2012, 12:39 pm

I'd pick Cena over Orton anyday, Orton seems to drift in and out of being interested in feuds and is horrendous as a face, he just doesn't have a likeability factor to me, the redeeming thing for Orton is the RKO.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Fri 27 Apr 2012, 5:15 pm

Personally I find Orton to be the most overrated of all the "main event" stars in the WWE.

Unless in the ring with a superior worker, he cannot wrestle more than two types of match; a) Orton gets mostly dominated and pops up with an RKO, and b) Orton squashes the hell out his opponent.

His character seems either remarkably calm and assured, or insanely angry. The fact that he switches back and forth between these two sides almost instantaneously is very annoying. I know character wise they explained this with a personality syndrome but it's kind of weak writing, because he can be trying to maim his opponent one second and then the bell rings and he's happy to do his horrendously vain pose on the top rope.

The RKO for me is his best and possibly worst attribute. Quite clearly it is one of the best finishers ever but the increasingly contrived ways in which he hits them takes me out of matches completely. For example, the blow-off to his feud with Christian last summer was especially weak, as a lot of the feud was based around them wrestling so often that they learned each other inside-out, yet Christian went with the classic dive into the RKO from the middle/top rope that every one not named Cena or HHH does.

To compound his in-ring problems, his move-set is awful. All he brings is very heel style offence that he has failed to change up through several face/heel turns, with the exception of the dropkick. I'm going to stop here before I start ranting about that awful rope-elevated DDT.

Then there is the prima-donna attitude that got Kennedy fired (not a big loss), Kingston buried (huge mistake by the WWE) and Kelly Kelly slated as a whore (true or not, its not classy on Orton's part).

Take away the RKO and his longevity and Orton is really still not that much better than one of the recent FCW paint by the numbers jock type. People cheer him the same reason Kane stays over, he's been around for forever and a day.

I'm not a Cena fan by any stretch of the imagination but he is better than Orton in pretty much every way.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Fri 27 Apr 2012, 5:56 pm

Don Caboose pretty much speaks the truth

I hate his prima donna attitude, I'll never forgive him for getting Ken Anderson fired. Although I think more recently he is willing to put guys over on the rare occasion which is fine by me.

It's shocking to think Swagger went over him clean during his awful title run & Randy managed to put Wade Barrett over nicely.

His character is pretty stale and boring for me. What doesn't make me hate him completely is that he willing to lose cleanly alot more often than Cena.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down