The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Randy Orton Become More Hated Than John Cena? SPOILERS

+8
Mr H
legendkillar
theanimal316
David Tails
Samo
talkingpoint
Dx Dan.
JoshSansom
12 posters

Go down

Could Randy Orton Become More Hated Than John Cena? SPOILERS Empty Could Randy Orton Become More Hated Than John Cena? SPOILERS

Post by JoshSansom Wed 04 May 2011, 11:02 am

OK, so I think that we have all read the spoilers from Smackdown and nearly exploded in fury at the roody poo nature of RKO's win. His booking has become incredibly obvious in recent times with the RKO out of nowhere seemingly being used to finish every match. It has been his finisher seemingly forever and while it is a good move, using it for every match is making Orton into Cena v.2.

This is rather disappointing as I think that with the right booking Randy can be so much more than Cena and I am sure he would be able to utilise a larger and more varied move set. I am not suggesting deviating too far from the WWE norm as that is unrealistic - but some variation and new finishers would be a great idea.

Given his burying of Punk and Christian he is seemingly being packaged as Superman No. 2 and given the negative reaction from many fans to this from Cena I think that a second version of it would go down even worse.

What to do ... Turn him heel?

Thoughts? Does WWE know how to book a face in any other way?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Could Randy Orton Become More Hated Than John Cena? SPOILERS Empty Re: Could Randy Orton Become More Hated Than John Cena? SPOILERS

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 04 May 2011, 11:08 am

Its strange though, Edge was booked the same way when he was champ on SD! from TLC to when he retired, and not many people moaned then?
Also, Orton was on of the IWC's 'darlings' so to speak when he was a heel; funny how things can change ay!

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Could Randy Orton Become More Hated Than John Cena? SPOILERS Empty Re: Could Randy Orton Become More Hated Than John Cena? SPOILERS

Post by talkingpoint Wed 04 May 2011, 11:14 am

Dx Dan. wrote:Its strange though, Edge was booked the same way when he was champ on SD! from TLC to when he retired, and not many people moaned then?
Also, Orton was on of the IWC's 'darlings' so to speak when he was a heel; funny how things can change ay!

Well I wasn't happy as I'm a Ziggler mark and was gutted Ziggler's world title reign lasted less than an episode of SD!

Orton's finisher is a cop out - the whole element of surprise negates alot of poor ring work and story telling. It's almost cheating in way to let him win so many big matches 'out of the blue' like that. Granted it can be spectacular and the crowd obviously get very excited when they see it but seriously it has gotten stale as a gimmick.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 04 May 2011, 11:20 am

talkingpoint wrote:
Dx Dan. wrote:Its strange though, Edge was booked the same way when he was champ on SD! from TLC to when he retired, and not many people moaned then?

Well I wasn't happy as I'm a Ziggler mark and was gutted Ziggler's world title reign lasted less than an episode of SD!

Orton's finisher is a cop out - the whole element of surprise negates alot of poor ring work and story telling. It's almost cheating in way to let him win so many big matches 'out of the blue' like that. Granted it can be spectacular and the crowd obviously get very excited when they see it but seriously it has gotten stale as a gimmick.

Never did Stone Cold any harm.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Wed 04 May 2011, 11:53 am

Technically not true. I remember numerous times on old 606 seeing people say it was ludicrous that he won the title so many times.

The difference is that his gimmick was the Ultimate Opportunist. You couldn't really have a gimmick of being the most opportunistic guy on the roster and only win 1 or 2 titles could you? It wouldn't be believable.

So is part of Orton's gimmick going to be that you look like you have him beat only for him to rko you from nowhere? Superman Cena v2.0.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Wed 04 May 2011, 1:15 pm

Orton became white hot popular because he was so unpredictable at that time, he would punt people regardless of being heel or face. He also seemed like a bad ass with his cold stare and distant persona. Now though, he smiles to the fans (albeit in a sinister way) and seems to enjoy being cheered. I feel Orton just needs a bit of tweaking to prevent him becoming stale and to keep him as a really popular tweener/face.

In general if I was one the booking team one thing I would do is have more faces lose cleanly. It doesn't harm them that much actually, brings an air of vulnerability to them and makes them seem human.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 04 May 2011, 1:24 pm

Orton had the 'Austin' factor when Austin was unpredictable and it was great to watch. It is just a shame his feud with CM Punk has come to an end as I thought it was starting to gain a bit of momentum. All it really needed was an upcoming face in the mis to get it going and help other members of the Nexus 'put over'

Cena is just plain annoying.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 04 May 2011, 1:30 pm

I read about Orton already being the new 'leader of the lockeroom' since moving to Smackdown, taking over while Taker is out of action. Apparantly he sees the move to Smackdown as a huge opportunity to be the Number 1 guy and get out of Cena's shadow and also become a corporate dream boy.

I've got a feeling he could become the new Triple H.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 04 May 2011, 1:37 pm

Mr H wrote:I've got a feeling he could become the new Triple H.

Does Vince have another daughter that requires seeing to?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Wed 04 May 2011, 1:38 pm

He'll pimp out Linda. Or possible Shane. Shocked

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 04 May 2011, 2:49 pm

Vince will just pimp himself out like he did to Shawn Michaels in the mid 90's.

Soon enough we'll be hearing stories of Randy and Vince riding around for days in Orton's bus, with Vince begging Randy to come back to work.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 04 May 2011, 3:19 pm

The difference between Cena and Orton is that Orton can work, I'm not a big fan of his tho' to be fair

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rocks Microphone Wed 04 May 2011, 4:26 pm

I don't think its possible for anyone to be hated more than Cena but maybe Snoreton is going to give it a try.

The Rocks Microphone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Wed 04 May 2011, 4:39 pm

To be fair its not Randy or Cena's fault that they are booked consistently strong. I think WWE just have some issue that their fans (kids) will be destroyed if they lose. As a heel Randy lost a lot......mainly to Cena! I will continue to be a huge RKO fan regardless, however I did want him to lose to Punk.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down