The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SD Spoilers for this week contains major news about Randy Orton

+15
Phoenix
sodhat
VDT
JamesLincs
Statto00
hodge
UpsideDownFace
Hodginho
Samo
AberdeenSteve
Crimey
Buzzman
HitmanOwl
Bull
Fernando
19 posters

Go down

SD Spoilers for this week contains major news about Randy Orton Empty SD Spoilers for this week contains major news about Randy Orton

Post by Fernando Wed 28 Dec 2011, 3:10 pm

* Booker T opened the show in the ring and is interrupted by Cody Rhodes. Goldust comes out without his makeup and tells Cody not to talk bad about the Legends. Booker challenges Cody to a rematch for the Intercontinental Title next week. Booker left and Cody attacked his brother, leading to Booker running back for the save.

* Jinder Mahal beat Ted DiBiase.

* Drew McIntyre walks in on Teddy Long and Aksana and is ready for his SmackDown return match.

* Kaitlyn and Alicia Fox beat Tamina and Natalya. Tamina turned on Natalya after the match.

* Big Show interrupts Daniel Bryan and AJ Lee. Teddy Long comes out and announces Show vs. David Otunga tonight with Mark Henry in his corner.

* Hunico beat Justin Gabriel.

* Big Show beat David Otunga. Daniel Bryan came out during the match and attacked Henry.

* Ezekiel Jackson beat Drew McIntyre.

* Sheamus comes out and talks about the Royal Rumble. Hornswoggle joins him and says he will win the Rumble. Heath Slater comes out to trash Sheamus and gets thrown out of the ring.

* Sheamus defeated Heath Slater.

* Teddy Long announces Bryan vs. Big Show next week for the World Heavyweight Title.

* Wade Barrett defeated Randy Orton in a Falls Count Anywhere Match after throwing him down a flight of stairs in the back.

A few hours after this show happened this was posted
The official Twitter feed of the WWE Insider
"BREAKING: @RandyOrton injured at #Smackdown in Indianapolis tonight. More details to follow on WWE.com as they become available."

Then it led to this being posted on wwe.com

http://www.wwe.com/inside/orton-injured-live-events

To me this seems very dubious and he'll come back and win the rumble in his home town.
Source: Nodq.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

SD Spoilers for this week contains major news about Randy Orton Empty Re: SD Spoilers for this week contains major news about Randy Orton

Post by Fernando Wed 28 Dec 2011, 4:25 pm

Update on the status of Randy Orton

Randy Orton was injured at last night's SmackDown tapings in Indianapolis during the Falls Count Anywhere main event against Wade Barrett. Orton has been removed from this week's live events.

Word backstage was that Orton suffered some sort of back injury and it has to do with at least one of the discs in his back. Orton could miss up to 6 months of in-ring time, causing him to miss WrestleMania 28. An official update from WWE should be available soon.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

SD Spoilers for this week contains major news about Randy Orton Empty Re: SD Spoilers for this week contains major news about Randy Orton

Post by Bull Wed 28 Dec 2011, 4:37 pm

so there goes one of the Favourites to win the rumble! in his home town , wish him the best hope he recovers quick Very Happy

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 28 Dec 2011, 4:41 pm

Unless its a work?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 28 Dec 2011, 4:43 pm

good point , cant see it being a work but if it is he will probz "Return" at the rumble to win

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Wed 28 Dec 2011, 4:46 pm

Wade beat Orton in a falls count anywhere match!!!! and oh yeah, unlucky Orton.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 28 Dec 2011, 4:56 pm

Serves them right for not putting Barrett over at TLC like they should have, instead trying to do the same on a throw away TV match.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 28 Dec 2011, 5:01 pm

It would be massive if Orton was genuinely out for that length of time. I'd never wish an injury upon anyone but it would force WWE into pushing somebody new.

Barrett looked badass last night.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 28 Dec 2011, 5:03 pm

if he is injured would Barrett end up like Mr.Kenedy???

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 28 Dec 2011, 5:53 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:It would be massive if Orton was genuinely out for that length of time. I'd never wish an injury upon anyone but it would force WWE into pushing somebody new.

Barrett looked badass last night.

This, I agree that while I dont want anyone to get injured, it could be a massive oppertunity for the likes of Sheamus, Barrett and Rhodes to step up.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodginho Wed 28 Dec 2011, 6:04 pm

A total work.
6 weeks of Barrett bragging 'bout beating Bob's boy, going on a run, and eventually beating Bryan for the title at the Rumble. Followed by a "shock" entrant towards the end of the Rumble, culminating in RKO's everywhere and a challenge for Barretts title at Mania.

Hodginho

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Wed 28 Dec 2011, 6:40 pm

Orton will win the Rumble. If you could bet on Wrestling, I'd be putting serious money on that.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 28 Dec 2011, 7:57 pm

smells of a work

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Wed 28 Dec 2011, 8:16 pm

Particularly with Barrett commenting on Twitter:
"Look, what happened at the taping was tragic. However, there are inherent risks in our profession. Play with fire, you get burned."

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 28 Dec 2011, 8:24 pm

im not so sure it is tbh

STUPID, STUPID!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 29 Dec 2011, 9:54 am

Ted DiBiase is losing to Jinder Mahal now? Remember when he was going to be the next big thing? I don’t know what he did to p*ss off Vince, but his burial over the last year and a half seems pretty stupid. I'm hoping that in the feud so far Ted has got the best of him in every match so far. This is too keep it from being completely one-sided?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Thu 29 Dec 2011, 11:16 am

Does anyone even care about Jinder Mahal? he is just so boring! If they're going to bring in an asian "character" they need someone in the mould of Muhammad Hassan, not Mahal or Khali!

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 29 Dec 2011, 11:39 am

http://allwrestling.com/news/40570/randy-orton-fails-wellness-test/

this is what i read last night on this...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 29 Dec 2011, 11:41 am

thats not true

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 29 Dec 2011, 11:55 am

Buzzman wrote:Does anyone even care about Jinder Mahal? he is just so boring! If they're going to bring in an asian "character" they need someone in the mould of Muhammad Hassan, not Mahal or Khali!

He was quite interesting in the beginning with Khali but without Khali, he's nothing special
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 29 Dec 2011, 12:25 pm

Statto00 wrote:Particularly with Barrett commenting on Twitter:
"Look, what happened at the taping was tragic. However, there are inherent risks in our profession. Play with fire, you get burned."

I think its the creative team telling him what to write and I love it. Since NXT, I saw him as a main guy. He is definitely on his way. Barrett, Rhodes, Ziggler are the new top heels. Now to see who will step up as the faces.

VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Thu 29 Dec 2011, 12:30 pm

I hear Orton's going to be out for 6 months and miss Wrestlemania?

If that's true then it's not looking good for Smackdown.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 29 Dec 2011, 1:21 pm

I actually think it isn't that big a deal, he has constantly put over younger talent this year and hasn't been involved in the title hunt for several months.

On the other hand Mark Henry's injury could be catastrophic for the Blue Brand

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:05 pm

VDT wrote:Ted DiBiase is losing to Jinder Mahal now? Remember when he was going to be the next big thing? I don’t know what he did to p*ss off Vince, but his burial over the last year and a half seems pretty stupid. I'm hoping that in the feud so far Ted has got the best of him in every match so far. This is too keep it from being completely one-sided?

I think WWE has realised that he's boring in the ring, boring on the mic, has a boring look and the only thing that makes him even slightly interesting is his family name.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:05 pm

Hopefully if Orton is injured Christian can return as a face, why they turned one of the biggest babyfaces they had when they had no real long term plan for him as a heel was moronic

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:09 pm

Yeah the only reason Mahal beat diBiase is to keep it interesting, it's clear that out of the two of them they're behind Teddy jnr, not that I give a damn about him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:37 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Hopefully if Orton is injured Christian can return as a face, why they turned one of the biggest babyfaces they had when they had no real long term plan for him as a heel was moronic

I agree Gaff and they could even bring Edge back as a manager to get more fans behind Christian.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:42 pm

It was announced at tonight’s WWE SmackDown live event in Detroit, Michigan that Randy Orton will be out of action for six months, meaning he will most likely miss WrestleMania 28.

WWE were offering refunds at tonight’s live event to anyone who wanted them since Orton couldn’t appear

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sat 31 Dec 2011, 7:56 pm

I think it's a work, on SD we didn't even get to see Orton thrown down the stairs. Just him lying in a heap with Barrett walking away.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 31 Dec 2011, 10:45 pm

psycho-gooner wrote:I think it's a work, on SD we didn't even get to see Orton thrown down the stairs. Just him lying in a heap with Barrett walking away.

Well the angle was definitely a work but they might have just used that to write Orton off TV for a genuine injury he has

More than likely though they're giving Orton a month off before they whore the crap out of him in 2012

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 31 Dec 2011, 10:49 pm

If he's got a injured back why would you make him throw himself down the stairs it would only make it worse? It's being sensible to do that with the camera so he can go to bottom and lay down in a crumpled position

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 31 Dec 2011, 11:03 pm

Exactly

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 01 Jan 2012, 3:17 pm

Well i really am shocked and not sure if it is worked. I hope it is worked because lets face it Orton is the main guy on Smackdown and it would be very intresting to see what will happen with out him. If i was to guess i would say have him return as suprise entrance at the rumble and win it as it is in his hometown.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down