The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Webber to join ???? in 2013 ( Contains rumor)

3 posters

Go down

Mark Webber to  join ???? in 2013 ( Contains rumor)  Empty Mark Webber to join ???? in 2013 ( Contains rumor)

Post by Fernando Mon 30 Apr 2012, 12:25 am

Mark Webber is the leading candidate to replace Ferrari's Felipe Massa. Although his contract with the Italian team is not signed yet, may have already established a preliminary agreement for incorporation in 2013. "It's done", as has been told the confidential source of any solvency.

Webber option would be most appropriate for different market circumstances. Only Hamilton and the Australian, among the big teams run out of contract very soon. Furthermore, several profile fits the requirements of a team that revolves around the Spanish driver. His consistency and experience would be a great support for a team that needs to strengthen its position in the Constructors' classification, and get into the fight with other drivers on edge, something that Massa has failed in the past two years.

Alonso also would have supported the arrival of Webber, as has been told this newspaper, as their weight in decisions of the 'Scuderia' is growing. The Spaniard has a great relationship with Webber, which has also helped in this regard. In addition, both share a common link with Flavio Briatore, who also managed the career of the Australian Formula 1 so that, logically, would have played a prominent role in the negotiations.

The Australian signing would be a transition phase for Perez to wait whilst linked to Ferrari this season. However, the arrival of Webber offers a greater maturity to the Mexican tour, a great future pilot and member of the Ferrari World Academy, but would need more experience before assuming a role of great responsibility in the Italian team.

Recently, the British Daily Mail, Webber replied to the possibility of Helmut Marko pointed to by the Australian retire at the end of this season: "I see myself following a little longer." In 2013, Webber would have thirty-seven years.

Source: http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/formula1/2012/04/29/mark-webber-sera-el-companero-de-alonso-en-ferrari-en-2013-97090/

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Mark Webber to  join ???? in 2013 ( Contains rumor)  Empty Re: Mark Webber to join ???? in 2013 ( Contains rumor)

Post by Critical_mass Mon 30 Apr 2012, 9:26 am

hmmm... i some how cant see Webber driving for Ferrari.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Mark Webber to  join ???? in 2013 ( Contains rumor)  Empty Re: Mark Webber to join ???? in 2013 ( Contains rumor)

Post by Fernando Mon 30 Apr 2012, 3:14 pm

Critical_mass wrote:hmmm... i some how cant see Webber driving for Ferrari.

Seems to be legit apparently Ferrari have announce a press conference for Friday thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 30 Apr 2012, 4:06 pm

I could. Webber isn't a spring chicken anymore and he could be looking for one last big contract.

He's probably admitted to himself by now that he isn't destined to win a world championship and his role with Ferrari wouldn't be much different to his current one with Red Bull.

Also, given Massa's current form, I reckon he'd do a much better job of backing up Alonso.

That said, I'd love to see Massa go the other way and see what he could do in a Red Bull. I think he's still got it, but years of being Alonso's rear gunner has taken its toll on him.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down