The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAF-Please spend in the summer

+8
Mad for Chelsea
Gregers
The Special Juan
TopHat24/7
Hero
Josiah Maiestas
Ent
Liam
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SAF-Please spend in the summer - Page 2 Empty SAF-Please spend in the summer

Post by Liam Tue May 01, 2012 1:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Following united's poor performance in the derby last night, results against Wigan and Everton almost handing City the title, added to with the embarressment of exiting the champions league in the group stages to Basel, its clear, like last season United need to reinvest in their squad. Its a squad that is aging in key areas which is being exposed like it was to Barcelona. United cannot beat teams like City with a 38 year old Giggs, a 37 year old Scholes and quite frankly average players like Carrick and Park. So, here's my ideas as to what United can do in the summer.

Transfers-Out:

Berbatov
Park
Macheda
Owen
Scholes-retire
Giggs-Retire

Transfers-In:

M'villa (sp?) or Lass Diarra (Holding midfielder)
Gaitan-Playmaker, either as CAM or wide out on the right
Llorente-Big striker, good technical ability, gives an added dimension to our game and something to aim for for our wingers who enjoy crossing
Baines-LB for an ageing Evra
clyne-promising right back for future

It going to cost but its what united need to do imo to catch up with the best in Europe, otherwise we face a real possibility of slipping further and further away from Europe's best. People will say United should not panic buy in the summer. I don't agree with this panic buying. Its obvious to everyone United need investment, if it wasn't clear last summer it sure is clear this summer. With added players, the pressure won't be as much on promising talent like Smalling, Jones, Cleverly and Pogba to deliver suddenly when the old heads eventually leave. Oh and why on earth didn't SAF play Valencia against Citeh??.

Liam

Back to top Go down

SAF-Please spend in the summer - Page 2 Empty Re: SAF-Please spend in the summer

Post by All Time Great Wed May 02, 2012 11:46 pm

Hero wrote:
All Time Great wrote:
Hero wrote:Personally I would be going for Martinez over M'Vila who is probably Arsenal bound of anywhere, if not Martinez then Vidal of Juventus who's had a fantastic season.

I would go for the following:

Martinez (25m) if not then Vidal (20m)
Hazard (25m) if not then Kagawa (15m)
Bas Dost (10m), Worth a punt, yes from the risky Dutch league but his height could add a different option up front especially with the wingers and wouldn't cost as much as others.

It appears you play far too much football manager, it's almost ridiculous and irresponsible to spend £60m on three massive punts. Vidal has only just recently joined Juventus so I don't think there is any chance of him becoming available.

Regardless, disagree with comments like this, Fergie isn't stupid and won't spend £XM when we don't have the funds available.

United do need a CM, but maybe he will look at home first with Cleverly and Pogba coming through the ranks. Only Hazzard is someone he's openly admitted to being interested in, but he certaintly won't spend £30M on him.

Last season spent: 53m
07/08 spent: 62m
03/04 spent: 54m
01/02 spent: 57m

Utd have spent that level of cash when it has been needed, last year the 53m was spent on 3 players.

Funds wise it's been constantly stipulated that funds will be provided if they are needed.
Vidal has already stated that talk of a transfer to Madrid is flattering so it appears hes already looking elsewhere.
And as shown several times Fergie will spend 30m on a player if he believes he is worth it, Rooney, Veron, Ferdinand and Berbatov were all at the 30m mark.

Bar a few exceptions. There is usually a specific formula that wins you the Premier League, and that is having a small nucleaus of British players in your side (hence, why players such as Rio, Jones, Young and Rooney came at a rather large premium). This can also apply to foreign players who are very much established premier league players.

03/04 includes Rooney at £27m and Smith at £7m.
07/08 includes Hargreaves at £17m and Nani & Anderson (punts at being the next CR) of £23.5M
01/02 includes a £27.1M Veron. For all his quality, unfortunately he did not work out in the prem. Incidently united signed RVN that season who did work out.

The reason United invested heavily last season was to acquire strong young British players which was in part funded by successful CL campaigns as well as the net profit made of Ronaldo which has now pretty much gone.

I personally feel there's a strong correlation above with what Fergie signs and I doubt he will be taking punts to the extent he did on Nani and Anderson again. He will only look at established players or good young foreign 'prospects' who represent good value for money.

If you honestly believe United will go out and spend £60m - £80m on young foreign midfilders who have no experience in the premierleague I think you may be fooling yourself. I just want to bring a bit of reality to the situation instead of generating transfer hype which is not economically viable.

One last thing. No way will Javi Martinez go to the premiership, unless it's alongside Silva & Co at Citeh with a £200k p/wk contract!

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

SAF-Please spend in the summer - Page 2 Empty Re: SAF-Please spend in the summer

Post by marty2086 Thu May 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Modric is the top target for the summer but they need some steel in midfield too Yaya Toures physicality gives City an edge and its where Utd fall short

Diarra will not do hes promised much and delivered little where ever he has went, Felliani might be a decent signing as hes become a quality player

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu May 03, 2012 1:27 pm

i cant see totenham wanting to get rid of modric- united will have to pay top dollar- and i mean over priced dollar. Well i am hopeing they wont get bullied into it anyway

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu May 03, 2012 1:51 pm

If he wants to go theres not much they can do especially if they don't make the Champions League but it might depend on what happens with Bale and a few others

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu May 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Totenham could be depleted completly.. shame!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu May 03, 2012 1:56 pm

If Barca or any other big clubs go for Bale theyll probably have to spend big to get him giving Spurs a nice sum in the bank theyll give Modric and few others a payrise maybe sign Adebayor and Vertonghn is looking a strong possibility if Wenger doesnt get in there so they may lose one player and theyd need a replacement for him maybe Hoilett on a free Whistle

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2