The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pascal v Cloud

+10
J.Benson II
Knowsit17
BoxingFan88
JabMachineMK2
John Bloody Wayne
Super D Boon
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Seanusarrilius
OasisBFC
Josef K.
14 posters

Go down

Pascal v Cloud  Empty Pascal v Cloud

Post by Josef K. Tue 01 May 2012, 3:01 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/pascal-cloud-finalized-august-11-stevenson-rejected--52379

Not always the most reliable source, but Boxrec have it too.

Good news, yes? (Some of) The best fighting the best. Hopefully will be a step towards cleaning up the LHW division. Cloud who got a gift in his last match against a real test in Campillo is taking another one against the well equipped Jean Pascal. Would like to see the winner take on the winner of a Dawson-Ward fight.

How do we see this one going fellas?

On another note, is it a further step towards Nathan Cleverly's isolation in this division? I question whether Dawson, Cloud and co even know his name. With match-ups like this going on, surely it has to be Shuemenov, Campillo or dare I say it BHop from here?

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Pascal v Cloud  Empty Re: Pascal v Cloud

Post by OasisBFC Tue 01 May 2012, 3:13 pm

i'd like to see pascal beat him and then defeat dawson again.

a froch rematch at light heavy anyone?? for the toe to toe action more than anything.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 01 May 2012, 4:39 pm

Don't see Froch Pascal happening tbh. Froch doesn't seem to want to go up there. PAscal v Cloudis perfect matchup. Expect Pascal to do enough as Campillo showed Cloud is not too hard to hitand is crude in offense also. Pascal UD for me,that one

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 01 May 2012, 5:27 pm

Yes! Should be a cracker. Cloud is one dimensional, and campillo is a very good technical fighter so cleanly outboxed him. However, even in that fight you saw how effective cloud can be when he connects. He is very very strong and hits hard.

Pascal isn't much of a boxer. He is decent and should win but he doesn't have the best stamina IMO at LHW so a war could be likely.

Pascal UD unless the judges help cloud out, again

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 01 May 2012, 5:44 pm

I was going to mention in a now banned thread that Cloud is nothing special and deserves almost as much criticism as Cleverly and I don't know why people mention Cloud when they talk about the best the division has to offer. Cloud is:

Inactive
Promoted by Don King
The robber of Gabriel Campillo
A fighter with few good wins
His best wins have come against washed up versions of Johnson, Woods and Gonzalez
Not all that powerful at the top level
Not all that good in general and pretty 1D and has no head movement

There!

Anyway, Pascal is also not that good but it should make for an interesting fight. Pascal to win but by denied on the cards leaving the overrated American fighter as the champion to sit on a beach for about 9 months before thinking about fighting again. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Tue 01 May 2012, 6:27 pm

I think the fight is set to be in Quebec so hopefully Pascal should get a fair crack at this one, if he's as bad as you say Boon then he should be exposed come August. Not that he already wasn't against Campillo.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 01 May 2012, 8:33 pm

Style wise this should be a really interesting fight.

Given Pascal's less than great cardio and the way he likes to fight in bursts, a strong pressuring style would be good to beat him. Tavoris isn't well conditioned enough for this in my opinion, and he'll be open for Pascal's moments of action. Pascal UD.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 02 May 2012, 1:04 pm

Cloud didn't really turn up against Campillo - I think it was more of a dire Cloud than an excellent Campillo personally.

I think against Pascal it'll be rather a good fight - can't see Cloud taking it personally because Pascal is rather good in my view and seems to be on a roll.

I still see Dawson owning the division though, based on beating Hopkins.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 02 May 2012, 1:06 pm

I have heard that Cloud doesn't have the greatest chin and Pascal can bang.

I think Pascal might stop him.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 02 May 2012, 7:29 pm

Cloud might stand a puncher's chance but other than that I can't see any way he can win bar another robbery. Pascal to give him a boxing lesson.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 02 May 2012, 7:36 pm

Super D Boon wrote:I was going to mention in a now banned thread that Cloud is nothing special and deserves almost as much criticism as Cleverly

Too be fair, the difference between Clev and Cloud is that Clev is a world champion while Cloud is just a contender so obviously there will be more expectation around the former to fight the better opponents.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 02 May 2012, 8:02 pm

J.Benson II wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:I was going to mention in a now banned thread that Cloud is nothing special and deserves almost as much criticism as Cleverly

Too be fair, the difference between Clev and Cloud is that Clev is a world champion while Cloud is just a contender so obviously there will be more expectation around the former to fight the better opponents.

Cloud has been a world champion for a few years now, though he has faced better opposition than Cleverly has.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 02 May 2012, 8:08 pm

To be fair to Cloud his opposition is a step above that of he who shall not be named.

Gonzalez, Johnson, Woods, Mack and Campillo with Pascal lined up isn't a dreadful set of opponents nor is it brilliant, he is at least trying to face some decent fighters, prior to the Campillo fight he was well worth his status as the clear number four in the division.

Good match up and one we need more of, the natural progression would see the winner face Dawson with the 168lbers waiting in the wings.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 02 May 2012, 9:06 pm

alma wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:

you might want to check your facts there mate

Yeah, I honestly didnt know Cloud was a champ too. I stand corrected. I sometimes get left behind with all these multiple titles.

Anyway, I can see what Super D Boon is saying in that regard. However, Clev being the British fighter means he's bound to get more attention (and criticism) than some of the foriegn paper champs, who are less exposed to us.

I also would echo would Imperial Ghosty has said. Cloud has fought the better opposition since becomnig champ and by now fighting Pascal, is clearly looking to establish himself as a main player at LHW.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Wed 02 May 2012, 10:34 pm

Super D Boon wrote:I was going to mention in a now banned thread that Cloud is nothing special and deserves almost as much criticism as Cleverly and I don't know why people mention Cloud when they talk about the best the division has to offer. Cloud is:

Inactive
Promoted by Don King
The robber of Gabriel Campillo
A fighter with few good wins
His best wins have come against washed up versions of Johnson, Woods and Gonzalez
Not all that powerful at the top level
Not all that good in general and pretty 1D and has no head movement

There!

Anyway, Pascal is also not that good but it should make for an interesting fight. Pascal to win but by denied on the cards leaving the overrated American fighter as the champion to sit on a beach for about 9 months before thinking about fighting again. OK

Difference between the two being that although he got a gift, atleast he actually stepped into the ring with a live and in my opinion a very underrated challenger, and atleast hes taking on a top 5 light heavy in his next bout, the same can not be said for Clev.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 02 May 2012, 10:44 pm

Campillo got robbed against Cloud and against Murat nothing new for him.

Cloud did take on a very good fighter though, Cleverly needs to fight a name now.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Wed 02 May 2012, 10:48 pm

Wouldnt call the Murat fight an outright robbery but i definatly had Campillo by a few points.

The irritating thing about Clever is he does have genuine class about him, throws very effective combos, fast accurate punches, a decent chin and a great engine, but at the moment we cant judge how good he really is simply cause hes beaten nobody of note.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Thu 03 May 2012, 9:19 am

I expect Cleverly will stay well clear of these guys... I have a feeling that after another weak defence, he'll take a big money fight against Froch (who would be eager to claim one last title, after being well beaten by Bute).

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down