The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings

+38
President Trump
alanqlm
Small Time
whocares
CFCNick
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Geordie
hampo17
LRF
BamBam
Marky
Diggers
mystiroakey
Beer
Smirnoffpriest
super_realist
Bull
erictheblueuk
dublfcynwa
Luke
Ent
Fernando
jeffwinger
Liam
compelling and rich
Crimey
JDizzle
two_tone
TopHat24/7
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
All Time Great
Hero
azania
ncfc_Tooze
Josiah Maiestas
Gregers
The Special Juan
42 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings - Page 2 Empty Big Premier League Signings

Post by The Special Juan Tue 01 May 2012, 6:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink

[ [/td][/tr]
Player From ToFee
Kevin de Bruyne Genk (Belgium) Chelsea £6.7m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France) Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France) Chelsea £35.2m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany)Manchester United £13.2m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Lukas Podolski Cologne (Germany) Arsenal£11.4m
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands) Spurs£7.5m

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jacob Butterfield - Norwich
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Romain Amalfitano - Newcastle
Steven Naismith - Everton

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Mon 09 Jul 2012, 8:49 pm; edited 21 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings

Post by jeffwinger Tue 22 May 2012, 9:42 pm

Berbatov has been very disappointing for United TSC. I think that is a character issue more than a technical one. He is a guy who thrives on being the main man, and he never would be that with Rooney around. He was outstanding at Tottenham though, and his fee was inflated by Man City's involvement.

compelling and rich, I see what you're saying, but it's a bit harsh on Nani. Last year he was Man Utd's players' player of the year and selected in the PFA team of the season, while this season he has looked good when he's been fit. He always falls down the pecking order at the business end of the season as Fergie prefers to utilise the superior defensive qualities of Valencia and Park against the toughest opposition. That doesn't mean Nani isn't a good player.

jeffwinger

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 22 May 2012, 10:19 pm

jeffwinger wrote:Berbatov has been very disappointing for United TSC. I think that is a character issue more than a technical one. He is a guy who thrives on being the main man, and he never would be that with Rooney around. He was outstanding at Tottenham though, and his fee was inflated by Man City's involvement.

compelling and rich, I see what you're saying, but it's a bit harsh on Nani. Last year he was Man Utd's players' player of the year and selected in the PFA team of the season, while this season he has looked good when he's been fit. He always falls down the pecking order at the business end of the season as Fergie prefers to utilise the superior defensive qualities of Valencia and Park against the toughest opposition. That doesn't mean Nani isn't a good player.

one in season in how many? and even then he went missing for parts, others seasons for large parts. nobody is denying he has ability but what he does with that ability is a different matter all together, so often picks the wrong option or over does it. still maintain that when i first saw nani and first saw ronaldo i would have put them at a similar ability, the biggest difference is ronaldo massively improved nani hasnt. ronaldo mental strength and nani's lack of is the main reason imo

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 May 2012, 12:01 am

Nani is a waste of talent. He has proved he has the all the skills to be one of the most feared wingers in Europe, unfortunately his footballing brain is inexistant and he often chooses the wrong options or as you've said overplays

If rumoured interest of Juve sniffing around (£30m) were genuine I'd happily sell and invest the money in another player in that position

With regards to transfers though has anything been confirmed yet about United signing Powell from Crewe for £4m or will that be confirmed after the playoff final at the weekend?

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffwinger Wed 23 May 2012, 12:29 am

I'll admit if £30million were on the table for Nani you'd have to consider it. Then it would basically be a straight swap Nani for Hazard. It'd be up to you which you'd chose of those two. A lot of this criticism of Nani is fair enough, I agree he has not fulfilled his undoubted potential, but that is not to say he is not a very good player. And he is still only 25, great potential is still realisable at that age. He is unlikely to ever be as good as Ronaldo, but those expectations are unfair - Ronaldo is arguably one of the best to ever play the game.

jeffwinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 23 May 2012, 8:32 am

I would take 30m for Nani, its rare these days you make a profit on a player you spent quite a bit on but I would cash it in and go for Gaitan/Hazzard.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 23 May 2012, 11:45 am

gazzyD wrote:
With regards to transfers though has anything been confirmed yet about United signing Powell from Crewe for £4m or will that be confirmed after the playoff final at the weekend?

It's essentially signed and sealed; I'll post it here when it comes through.

As for Nani, 1 word for him: "greedy". I'm not going to say he's cost Man Utd games but how many times do you see him with the ball, someone ese in a better position and he goes ahead and shoots?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 23 May 2012, 3:25 pm

Talk of United moving for Alaba. Can't say I've been overly impressed with Evra in recent years, maybe 1 could play RB.

I'd drive Nani to the airport for 30m.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 23 May 2012, 5:12 pm

Think Alaba needs to get experience playing alongside a good defence. Lahm is the only capable one out of the other 3.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 23 May 2012, 5:13 pm

Would it be worth putting Courtois onto the list for Chelsea if he doesn't go out on loan again. Is basically a new signing.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 23 May 2012, 5:14 pm

Newcastle sign Romain Amalfitano from Reims

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 23 May 2012, 5:15 pm

I thought United were going after Baines for the left back position. 12m apparently. I would be quite happy to see Baines here, and it will help with that rule of so many home nation players in the squad I believe. At 27 he's hitting his peak and would have a good 5/6 seasons and maybe a couple more who knows.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 23 May 2012, 5:19 pm

Gregers wrote:Would it be worth putting Courtois onto the list for Chelsea if he doesn't go out on loan again. Is basically a new signing.

Can't see him getting a game.

Romain who?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 23 May 2012, 5:29 pm

Everton quoted them 20m last year iirc. Tall price to pay for a good (not great) LB
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 23 May 2012, 5:34 pm

12m is reported as he is in the last year of his contract, although apparently Everton are holding out for 15m

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 23 May 2012, 5:46 pm

Got to disagree about Nani, he has been excellent for us in recent seasons and only injury stopped him getting more of a run this year.

His crossing is excellent and he is one of our most creative players whilst providing a lot of assists. Also comes inside and links up very well with Rooney and Welbeck. A constant goal threat.

There is no way I would swap him for Gaitan who looks average.

As for other rumours I believe Baines when I see it, think he is over rated and remember Everton are very solid and defensive - defending is a completely different kettle of fish when for a side that commits many men forward and don't have a dedicated holding midfielder.

Hazard looks city bound too.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 23 May 2012, 5:46 pm

Rumours going around that Arsenal have had a 3 million pound deal turned down for Joe Allen. Not the sort of business that would keep RVP at the club you would have thought.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 23 May 2012, 6:35 pm

I'd disagree on Hazard being City bound.
From what I've read/seen/heard etc is that City have offered 110k per week and 30m, Utd have offered 32.5m and 150k per week. Unaware as to what Chelsea have put on the table but sources state Utd looks in pole position as its Hazards preferred choice anyway.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 23 May 2012, 9:40 pm

Hero wrote:I'd disagree on Hazard being City bound.
From what I've read/seen/heard etc is that City have offered 110k per week and 30m, Utd have offered 32.5m and 150k per week. Unaware as to what Chelsea have put on the table but sources state Utd looks in pole position as its Hazards preferred choice anyway.

If city want him they can outbid and outwage us, our only real selling points are the size of the club potential to make him a global superstar and the guarantee to play most games.

Just from the sounds he is making I see him going to city, think he was just being polite about Chelsea with his comments.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 23 May 2012, 9:47 pm

They can outbid and outpay us obviously but it sounds like they've decided not to and that the bids that came in are considered final.
French papers are reporting that the player has decided upon Utd, sky sports said he preferred Utd so it's certainly possible he's been lured by the chance to wear the number 7 shirt.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 May 2012, 10:06 pm

The only things I have heard regarding hazard is that he won't be going to whichever team give him the most money but the one that can promise him the most playing time

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 23 May 2012, 10:11 pm

Stay at Lille then Laugh

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 23 May 2012, 10:33 pm

Hero wrote:They can outbid and outpay us obviously but it sounds like they've decided not to and that the bids that came in are considered final.
French papers are reporting that the player has decided upon Utd, sky sports said he preferred Utd so it's certainly possible he's been lured by the chance to wear the number 7 shirt.

Fingers crossed then, but I've become a pessimist in recent times over transfers.

I remember Ronaldinho making all the sames noises, although in fairness that moron Kenyon isn't here to completely scupper the deal.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 23 May 2012, 10:41 pm

Yeah the 99.9% sure transfer that he ruined, nice one Kenyon.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 24 May 2012, 9:08 am

Loric Remey (spelling) from Marseille to Tottenham.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 24 May 2012, 9:36 am

Remy? Spurs can do better than Remy.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 24 May 2012, 9:49 am

SHINJI!

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/24/3123793/manchester-united-lodge-13m-bid-for-kagawa
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 May 2012, 10:40 am

Today's paper (I know should take it with a pinch of salt) but suggesting that hazard could be a straight fight between city and Chelsea

Personally given the number of rumours around different players signing for us over the last few seasons. I'll only believe it when i seen it

Goal.com had reported we'd signed scheijder last year so think they're just as bad as the tabloids

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 24 May 2012, 11:19 am

As well as Kagawa, who I think its pretty certain we'll sign, for a bargain these days for 14m, we are also linked with a swoop for Lewandowski also for Dortmund, who has scored 30 goals this season with a hat trick in the final vs Munich. Talk of Berbatov heading there as part of the deal plus the 18m they want.

It would be a good signing for us, but although you obviously need more than 3 strikers, I wonder whether having 4 strikers who could easily all start cause a few problems. I mean, Hernandez was outstanding last season and obviously had a difficult this season but I wouldn't want a player of his quality sitting on the bench all season. Like wise I wouldn't want Welbeck sitting down because as he showed last season, he has bags of talent and needs to be playing. Add Lewandowski to that, a man who has scored over 30 goals for Dortmund this season gone and you could argue the price we are playing that he should be starting.

It would be a nice problem in one sense, but I would rather 3 out and out strikers all fighting for the starting spot, then one of the youth strikers like Keane getting slowly pushed towards the starting line up.

I hear there's talk of the highly rated Powell also from Crewe, I'm sure he'll go out on load like Cleverly did to a Wigan or someone to gain some premier league experience.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Thu 24 May 2012, 11:45 am

Soa Paulo reportedly turn down a £32.4 mil bid from Chelsea for Lucas Moura.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2148820/Chelsea-32-4m-bid-Lucas-Moura-rejected.html
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 24 May 2012, 11:46 am

Makes me wonder how much they'd want for Neymar.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 24 May 2012, 11:52 am

In regards to Lewandowski coming as well as Kagawa to Utd, the pair of them have a quite frosty relationship at Dortmund, Kagawa has gone on record to state he wished Lewandowski would pass more etc.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 24 May 2012, 6:02 pm

M'Vila to Arsenal for 20m euros is close to being done
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 24 May 2012, 6:11 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:M'Vila to Arsenal for 20m euros is close to being done

There's a press conference tomorrow, isn't there?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 May 2012, 6:22 pm

Hero wrote:In regards to Lewandowski coming as well as Kagawa to Utd, the pair of them have a quite frosty relationship at Dortmund, Kagawa has gone on record to state he wished Lewandowski would pass more etc.

Aye I'd heard that, but lets be honest theres times when I've wished united strikers were more selfish

The two names I've heard in strikers targets are Klass Huntelaar, Van Wolfswinkel and Olivier Giroud, the latter only coming in papers today

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 24 May 2012, 6:35 pm

Van Wolfswinkel I'd heard earlier in the season around December time when Sporting were really challenging Porto and Benfica. Decent enough player but don't think he's of top quality level.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 24 May 2012, 6:55 pm

I don't think Man Utd should go for any of them.

Huntelaar - Plays 2nd fiddle to no one.
Van Wolfswinkel - As above but has time.
Giroud - Not sure he is the type of player Man Utd need.

Would like to see a move for Llorente but unfortunately that won't happen. Always wanted to see what Klose could have done for Man U.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 24 May 2012, 7:00 pm

Huntelaar has never done it at a top club
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 24 May 2012, 7:01 pm

Everton say no approaches for Baines
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 24 May 2012, 7:29 pm

Gyan has made his stay in the UAE permanant
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 24 May 2012, 9:31 pm

Sky Sports ‏@SkySports
Sky Sports understands Swansea have agreed a deal with Hoffenheim to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson on a permanent basis

Fee is meant to be in the region of £7 million. Will be interesting to see if he can recreate his loan form next season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 24 May 2012, 9:37 pm

Great signing for them, lot of big clubs came to watch him so if he keeps his form next season they could make a hefty profit next summer.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 24 May 2012, 9:40 pm

It would be an excellent signing for them. I think he made Swansea tick at the end of the season.

He won't make it onto the table at the top though Cool
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 24 May 2012, 9:41 pm

TSC wrote:It would be an excellent signing for them. I think he made Swansea tick at the end of the season.

He won't make it onto the table at the top though Cool

Why not? That's just discrimination TSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 24 May 2012, 9:45 pm

He's not new to the PL. Table at the top is for the big movers and shakers who are entering the PL for the first time so we can criticise him. Still the right place to talk about transfers though.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 24 May 2012, 9:46 pm

TSC wrote:He's not new to the PL. Table at the top is for the big movers and shakers who are entering the PL for the first time so we can criticise him. Still the right place to talk about transfers though.

I see thumbsup

So it is for players entering the PL? I hope you include any Norwich signings that fall into that category Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 24 May 2012, 9:47 pm

The title is Big Premier League Signings Olly.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 24 May 2012, 9:48 pm

No, the table is for the "Big movers and shakers" (although I will include Jordan Rhodes if/when he moves to a PL club). Unless Norwich sign Messi it's unlikely.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 24 May 2012, 9:50 pm

So when does the buck stop then? When does it not become a big signing? Is there a system to this? They are big signings to me Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 24 May 2012, 9:52 pm

Big players. Famous players. Not Chris Gunter.

See above for examples.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 24 May 2012, 9:53 pm

TSC wrote:Big players. Famous players. Not Chris Gunter.

See above for examples.

What about if we sign a relatively big name from the lower leagues like a Rhodes or Rodriguez?

Chris Gunter I admit is not a big signing Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next