The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captain of the Kenyan Women's Team suffers fatal injury

4 posters

Go down

Captain of the Kenyan Women's Team suffers fatal injury Empty Captain of the Kenyan Women's Team suffers fatal injury

Post by LondonTiger Wed 02 May 2012, 6:18 am

Sobering news for all of us really, especially those of us with kids just starting out in the game. Full story appears on the BBC website (link below) but to summarise, it appears as if she suffered a spinal injury in a match and died later in hospital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17907928

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Captain of the Kenyan Women's Team suffers fatal injury Empty Re: Captain of the Kenyan Women's Team suffers fatal injury

Post by Guest Wed 02 May 2012, 7:59 am

I read about this yesterday, such sad news Sad

Back to top Go down

Captain of the Kenyan Women's Team suffers fatal injury Empty Re: Captain of the Kenyan Women's Team suffers fatal injury

Post by Portnoy Wed 02 May 2012, 8:27 am

I mourn the passing of another player who I never heard of.

The surprise, sadly, is that there are not more seriously handicapping/fatal injuries in rugby. Recently in England two school kids have died in rugby-related injuries.

We here all love our sport, but understand the risks involved and its inherent dangers. Few world sports require such full-on, maximum momentum, high energy impact contact. It's clearly potentially hazardous.

I am strongly anti pro-boxing which is clearly dependent on the infliction of maximum physical damage on the opponent. And steeplechase horse racing in which dumb animals are bred for fearless competition.

I wonder what would be the ramifications of a fatal/near-fatal injury to an iconic world RU star like McCaw/O'Driscoll/Wilkinson.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 02 May 2012, 8:28 am

Portnoy wrote:I mourn the passing of another player who I never heard of.

The surprise, sadly, is that there are not more seriously handicapping/fatal injuries in rugby. Recently in England two school kids have died in rugby-related injuries.

We here all love our sport, but understand the risks involved and its inherent dangers. Few world sports require such full-on, maximum momentum, high energy impact contact. It's clearly potentially hazardous.

I am strongly anti pro-boxing which is clearly dependent on the infliction of maximum physical damage on the opponent. And steeplechase horse racing in which dumb animals are bred for fearless competition.

I wonder what would be the ramifications of a fatal/near-fatal injury to an iconic world RU star like McCaw/O'Driscoll/Wilkinson.

+1

Very well said Portnoy.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 02 May 2012, 8:29 am

Terrible tragedy Sad
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down