The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your most memorable non superbowl game...

+8
Gaelic-Warrior
uberfunction
CFCNick
LonelyDarth
crazy_dave23
Brady12
GSC
AdZacO
12 posters

Go down

Your most memorable non superbowl game... Empty Your most memorable non superbowl game...

Post by AdZacO Sun 03 Apr 2011, 5:37 pm

For me this has to be the day after Brett Farve's father died. Instead of going home, he decided to play the next day as thats what his father would of wanted. Even as he was announced as the starter, in Oakland, he received a standing ovation, from a normally nasty Oaklan crowd. This was to be his 205 consecutive start, a record then for QB. (which he holds)

He went out an played like a man possesed, throwing for 311 yards and four touchdowns in the first half alone. He kept throwing rediculous long bombs down field that kept hitting target. Was something special to watch.

So whats your most meomrable non superbowl game?

(also special mention to APs 296 yard game)

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Your most memorable non superbowl game... Empty Re: Your most memorable non superbowl game...

Post by GSC Sun 03 Apr 2011, 5:44 pm

44-6 will live long in the memory I suspect.

As will Miracle in the Meadowlands II.

yeah my long term memory is fairly bad.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Your most memorable non superbowl game... Empty Re: Your most memorable non superbowl game...

Post by Brady12 Sun 03 Apr 2011, 5:52 pm

The Miracle in the snow.... Last game at Gillette Stadium. Raiders vs Patriots 2001 AFC Playoffs. The game had everything... The infamous 'tuck rule' Viniteri ridiculous kicking on the snow

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 03 Apr 2011, 7:11 pm

Like AdZacO I fondly remember the Oakland Green Bay Monday Night Game (may well have been a Sunday night) in December 2003.

The first amazing game I remember was the Colts over Tampa Bay 38-35 in OT on another Monday Night game in 2003. Colts were down 21-0 at the half and then 35-14 with 4 minutes of the 4th Quarter to go and yet Manning steered them back after a couple of Onside kicks.
Like the game Brady12 referred to, this one had a bizarre penalty... leaping on a kick block in OT. Indy promptly put the re-kick through to win (but bouncing off the post in the process).
I can't really remember the first 3 quarters, but it was an amazing and dramatic finish.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by LonelyDarth Mon 04 Apr 2011, 3:54 pm

Week 15 2009 - Packers @ Steelers

Packers led 36-30 with 3 ticks on the clock and Big Ben threw a 30 yard TD to Mike Wallace who toed the corner of the endzone Santonio Holmes style to win 37-36.

Other than that the most memorable regular season game Eagles @ Giants this season and last season.

LonelyDarth

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 04 Apr 2011, 4:57 pm

Bears vs Vikes at Soldier Field on MNF in 2009 was good and Packers @ Bears this season. Sticking with the MNF theme Jets @ Dolphins 2009 was a cracker too.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by uberfunction Mon 04 Apr 2011, 6:28 pm

A couple...

2006 AFC Championship game between the Colts and Patriots.

I think it was 1993 where the Oilers played the Bills at home and was the largest comeback in NFL history

Jan 1991 NFC Championship game between the Giants and SF 49ers.

uberfunction

Back to top Go down

Post by uberfunction Mon 04 Apr 2011, 6:30 pm

Anyone remember the Monday Night Miracle?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d810a9682/Top-Ten-Comebacks-Monday-night-miracle?r_src=ramp

uberfunction

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Mon 04 Apr 2011, 7:11 pm

The Giants play-off games in the 00-01 season were pretty good- our 10pt win over the Eagles at home with the early 97 yard KO return and then thrashing the Vikes 41-0 in the NFC championship game. Shame about that years SB though furious

From last season our away victory over the Cowgirls, and the home win over the Bears stick out most.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by uberfunction Mon 04 Apr 2011, 7:13 pm

Gaelic-Warrior wrote:The Giants play-off games in the 00-01 season were pretty good- our 10pt win over the Eagles at home with the early 97 yard KO return and then thrashing the Vikes 41-0 in the NFC championship game. Shame about that years SB though furious

From last season our away victory over the Cowgirls, and the home win over the Bears stick out most.

Was that the game where Jason Sehorn made that awesome INT?

Last edited by uberfunction on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot video link)

uberfunction

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Mon 04 Apr 2011, 7:25 pm

Giants @ 49ers
Monday night game 49ers 17-0 up at the half Giants came back and won 17-21 one particular play a pass over the middle from Simms to Bavaro.
Bavaro being hit by seven of eight defenders then carrying some of them down field.
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by uberfunction Mon 04 Apr 2011, 7:29 pm

asdral225 wrote:Giants @ 49ers
Monday night game 49ers 17-0 up at the half Giants came back and won 17-21 one particular play a pass over the middle from Simms to Bavaro.
Bavaro being hit by seven of eight defenders then carrying some of them down field.

That's a classic.. I could never find that clip of Bavaro.

uberfunction

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Mon 04 Apr 2011, 7:30 pm

Aye thats right uberfunction. By the way, was that a video link you were trying to post? There's still nothing happening when I try to access it.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by uberfunction Mon 04 Apr 2011, 7:56 pm

Gaelic-Warrior wrote:Aye thats right uberfunction. By the way, was that a video link you were trying to post? There's still nothing happening when I try to access it.

Yeah, it was of the Sehorn INT to TD against the Eagles in a playoff game. Probably the best looking INT return by a Giants defensive player that I can remember...

uberfunction

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Mon 04 Apr 2011, 7:58 pm

uberfunction wrote:
asdral225 wrote:Giants @ 49ers

That's a classic.. I could never find that clip of Bavaro.
On Channel 4 the following week they put the catch and run to Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer classic
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed 06 Apr 2011, 4:05 pm

My most memorable is a purely selfish choice. I was in DC in 94 and managed to get into RFK to see the Skins play the Cards. It was a loss (thanks to another lousy game from Heath Shuler), but I got to see my favourite player Darrel Green return and INT for a TD. Glorious day and got a sun tan to boot! Smile

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Thu 07 Apr 2011, 8:45 am

Way too many to pick just one.
It's not a game that sticks in my mind but a single play, Saints at Jags probably around 2003, Saints need to win to make play offs, they're 7 down with 2 secs on the clock and have the ball on their own 30 yard line, a completion and a series of laterals for the most unbelievable TD I can ever remember.
Up steps Carney for the extra point - wide right !

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu 07 Apr 2011, 8:54 pm

lol, I loved that play Grizz. Especially the fact that the Saints almost got bogged down at around the 20 until Deuce McAllister flipped it over the mass of tacklers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Od9C2dKiCI

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Gmen Mon 11 Apr 2011, 9:50 pm

Flipper Andersen catching a bomb from Everett in OT in the '89 playoffs to stun the Giants at home. Breaking a little boys heart in the process Sad

Gmen

Back to top Go down

Post by uberfunction Mon 18 Apr 2011, 1:53 pm

Gmen wrote:Flipper Andersen catching a bomb from Everett in OT in the '89 playoffs to stun the Giants at home. Breaking a little boys heart in the process Sad

I thought I finally put that out of my mind......... I remember reading an interview with Giants CB Mark Collins, the man responsible for that blown coverage and he said he played that game with a broken leg (or something along those lines).

uberfunction

Back to top Go down

Post by Gmen Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:38 pm

uberfunction wrote:
Gmen wrote:Flipper Andersen catching a bomb from Everett in OT in the '89 playoffs to stun the Giants at home. Breaking a little boys heart in the process Sad

I thought I finally put that out of my mind......... I remember reading an interview with Giants CB Mark Collins, the man responsible for that blown coverage and he said he played that game with a broken leg (or something along those lines).

Don't forget the bogus pass interference call that led to that TD. Oh well, the next year we beat San Fran in that epic Championship game halting the threepeat!

Gmen

Back to top Go down

Post by uberfunction Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:47 pm

Gmen wrote:
uberfunction wrote:

Don't forget the bogus pass interference call that led to that TD. Oh well, the next year we beat San Fran in that epic Championship game halting the threepeat!

That Niners vs Giants 1990 NFC Championship game was one of the best and hard hitting games I ever seen.

uberfunction

Back to top Go down

Post by Gmen Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:49 pm

uberfunction wrote:
Gmen wrote:
uberfunction wrote:

That Niners vs Giants 1990 NFC Championship game was one of the best and hard hitting games I ever seen.

I was watching it last night on YouTube. Especially Marshall's hit on Montana. Whack! Right between the shoulder blades. Beautiful!

Gmen

Back to top Go down

Post by uberfunction Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:50 pm

uberfunction

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down