The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!!

+27
ShahenshahG
Steffan
manos de piedra
DaveVDK
Nico the gman
quentins_monkey
88Chris05
Gordy
owen10ozzy
KingMonkey
Josef K.
TopHat24/7
Valero's Conscience
Union Cane
Seanusarrilius
superflyweight
as1079
The Galveston Giant
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Super D Boon
joeyjojo618
azania
bellchees
paperbag_puncher
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!! Empty Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 11:32 am

I like this site...I liked the old 606 site.. Some terrific posters and some terrific debate..No other sites have come close!!!

But to be honest I'm horrified at the amount posters on here who let a so-called grudge match (Which is an easy night for Haye anyway) override more serious issues...

Even a thread already..... (Haye vs Chisora predictions)

Is this the Boxing business you really want??????

Where a guy can assault an individual before a fight...spit in a guy's face and then be involved in complete thuggery afterwards...and he should just get away with it!!!....Overriding due process.....because it's a fight of interest...

It's morally wrong!!!........

I'm disappointed with you guys..........

If this what Boxing has come to...........then it deserves to be a dying sport!!

Expected better!!!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 09 May 2012, 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistakes r us)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!! Empty Re: Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!!

Post by Rowley Wed 09 May 2012, 11:36 am

Truss as my posting history on this will show I am with you 100% on this, have been amazed in how Warren has been able to basically stick two fingers up at the governing body in this country and not only not be criticised for it but for some to actually praise his ingenuity and chutzpah. The prevailing view is anything is alright as long as I get to see a fight I want to see, not one I can agree with.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!! Empty Re: Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!!

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 09 May 2012, 11:38 am

So I take that you wont be watching it then.

I hate to admit it but am glad this fight is happening. I also disagree and think the Chisora is all wrong for Haye. Haye will be made to work at a higher rate then he's used to. Chisora is a very live underdog.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 May 2012, 11:42 am

I certainly won't be watching it, I don't have boxnation, have no intention of getting boxnation and this fight is not likely to see a shift in that position.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 09 May 2012, 11:43 am

Not fussed either way about this fight. Not yet anyway. But I don't see why people are so shocked and appalled at their behaviour or think that it should affect whether this is going to be a good fight or not.

The best and most well known fighter in the sport is soon to go serve a prison sentence. Tyson isn't the nicest person in the world but that doesn't mean I still don't enjoy looking back at how good and dominant he was for those 5 minutes in the 80s. Carlos Monzon is my no.1 middleweight but he was a wife beater and a murderer.. So people getting on their high horse over hand bags is a bit over the top in my opinion.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 11:55 am

Why people are shocked at their behaviour.........

I am and I'm sure other Boxers like the Klits and lesser types are as well..

Because their are plenty of gentleman-sporting types around...with morals and principles..

The best fighter in the sport is going to serve a sentence...yeah he's being punished for bad behaviour!!!

You can accept it..I won't.....because I expect better!!!

Wouldn't watch it If it was on cable....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 09 May 2012, 12:06 pm

Will you watch Mayweather's next fight or will you be too appalled at the thought of watching an ex convict? I for one dislike him as a person but enjoy his fights so will be tuning in. You're a Holmes fan Truss? Were you equally as disgusted after his brawl with Berbick? Did you not expect better?

Don't get me wrong I don't agree with their behaviour at all but boxing aint exactly a sport built on morals and principles as you say. The 2 boys can carry on with their handbags for all I care.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 12:09 pm

I'll watch his next fight...after all he is serving due process....

Or can you not see the contradiction in your argument..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 09 May 2012, 12:10 pm

When the BBBoC stop employing the likes of Terry O'Connor and Ian John Lewis then I'll start to care when people flat out ignore and completely disregard them like Warren has done. As for the behaviour of Haye and Chisora it's hardly the worst thing that boxers have done.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 09 May 2012, 12:14 pm

And are you ignoring the Holmes bit to suit your argument?

Look I don't agree with it, but compared to other things that have gone before the lads crime isn't exactly too severe. They had a bit of an altercation at a boxing related event. What is their relevant sentence in your opinion? I just don't agree with your holier than thou attitude towards it.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 12:14 pm

Well it say's a lot about you to draw that kind of comparison......

So Wayne Rooney should be allowed to spit in a guy's face..punch him and then not serve a suspension because well a couple of the referees aren't good enough and still employed!!!

Very good!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 09 May 2012, 12:16 pm

Rooney did elbow someone for no reason and not get a ban not so long ago.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 09 May 2012, 12:17 pm

Chisora was fined. Punishment served. He's served an indefinite ban (ban over as he got a licence elsewhere). Due process has been done. Let the bloke earn a living.

If Rooney spits in someone's face he will be fined by the FA and Manure. He will also be suspended for a few games. His wages will still be paid as they get paid regardless.

If Chisora doesn't fight he doesn't get paid.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 12:18 pm

Wrong...they couldn't prove it was intentional...

You're argument sucks why bother!!!

If you don't have a respected ruling authority in Sport it becomes pointless....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Wed 09 May 2012, 12:19 pm

There is no contradiction in paperbag_punchers argument; Chisora is serving his (completely ineffectual) punishment just like Floyd is. Its not his fault that the BBBoC are weak as wee.

I really dont see what all the fuss is about, as others have said the handbags that have gone on are hardly the worst thing thats ever happened. All this moralizing.

Not that interested in the fight myself, as I think it will be a pretty boring one. UD Haye.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 12:20 pm

No not punishment served..........

He got a licence elsewhere.........like you said!!

I've got principles and like to think I'm civilised......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 May 2012, 12:20 pm

Think the issue for me is more the flagrant attempt on Warren's part to ignore the BBBoC, if both had applied for a licence through them and been granted, am sure the likes of Truss and certainly myself would not particularly have liked it but would have accepted it, as this is the correct process that should have been followed. Going through the Luxenbourg board may be legal but it stinks, Warren should not get to decide when his fighter has served their time.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 09 May 2012, 12:21 pm

I have stated that the fight is morally wrong but no-one's gonna give a damn about what I or any other poster says about the matter. It's going to happen so we might as well talk about it.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Wed 09 May 2012, 12:22 pm

Where a guy can assault an individual before a fight...spit in a guy's face and then be involved in complete thuggery afterwards...and he should just get away with it!!!....Overriding due process.....because it's a fight of interest...

It's morally wrong!!!........

Interesting comment from Ben Dirs in his article

Those who condemn the bout between David Haye and Dereck Chisora presumably condemn the bout between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman. Or perhaps not. More likely they eulogise over "The Rumble In The Jungle", a multi-million dollar fight orchestrated by a man who once kicked another man to death and which took place in Zaire, a poverty-stricken African country run by a maniacal despot who publicly executed dissenters in a stadium that doubled as a dungeon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bendirs/2012/05/boxing_madder_than_ever.html

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Wed 09 May 2012, 12:25 pm

Fined, banned. The BBBoC knew he would be able to get a license elsewhere, this happens all the time in boxing. The only thing that raises eyebrows is the fact that the fight is being held in England; this is just Warrens dig at the board I guess.

Civilised; I hope that you apply your ludicrously high moral standards to all boxers who have ever done anything wrong. I havent seen you address the Holmes point yet Truss.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 12:26 pm

It was a fight between Ali and Foreman...two proud warriors!!!

King was tried wasn't he??? by 12 men and true........

We can look for ways of condoning this fight..but it's fruitless exercising for sure!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 12:29 pm

Doesn't happen all the time in Boxing at all!!!!

In America we have different States with different legislature...

Tyson was banned from fighting Lewis in Nevada.....He couldn't go to New Jersey to get a licence to fight in Nevada!!!!!!!

Sure let these guys fight..........let them do it in Luxembourg!!!!!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 09 May 2012, 12:31 pm

I am a little suprised at folk being against this fight, there's a lot worse things happening in the qay of corruption that doesn't make the news or cause such a stir.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 12:36 pm

We won't admonish rapists because there are murderers around.....

Yeah very good..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 09 May 2012, 12:37 pm

To be honest I'm far more disappointed with the Peterson news than this fight. Now that's a proper black eye for the sport.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 09 May 2012, 12:41 pm

True

Truss seems to be doing his upmost to ignore the Holmes drop kicking Berwick incident. Bowe cracking and unsuspecting Donald was far worst then what Chisora did to Vitali. Am not condoning his actions but people need to get off there high horses and realise the world is not fair.

If the BBBC had actually put a time limit on his ban, I don't think this whole fiasco would have happened in the first place

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Wed 09 May 2012, 12:42 pm

I can't help but think that the BBBC need to take just as much of the blame, if not a little bit more, as Frank Warren. You can't indefinitely ban someone; that doesn't send the right message. To me, it indicates that they didn't actually know how to deal with the situation and thought it would all go away if they handed an indefinite ban.

Chisora needed to know exactly where he stood. By simply withdrawing his licence, it is a failure on their part in terms of stopping Chisora from fighting. They 100% knew Chisora would be able to get a licence elsewhere and I'll be extremely surprised if they thought a withdrawal of his licence could stop him from boxing in Britain. Would the Luxembourg Council have licenced the fight if Chisora had been banned for, say, a year? Unlikely.

The whole thing, from top to bottom, stinks BUT I'll watch the fight with a great deal of interest, because it is a good match-up at the end of the day.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 12:42 pm

Pretty sad if it is more of a black eye.........

BBB of C are the ruling body in this Country and If a fight can go ahead without their blessing then it sets a very dangerous precedent....

It could change British boxing hugely.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 09 May 2012, 12:45 pm

The thing is nobody really got hurt from the Haye/Chisora spectacle, apart from Adam Booth who's bonce got stuck by his own boxer chucking a tripod Laugh

I can think of worse instances eg. Kaylor/Christie or Hide/Bentt and they were allowed to keep earning in their careers.

At the end of the day the fracas was hilarious and any talk of a lifetime ban or a long ban would have been ludicrous and downright unfair on Chis if you consider that fighters like Tyson have thrown bricks at people, threatened to eat children and kept punching a fighter after the fight was stopped yet he was allowed to keep on earning.

It's a ludicrious situation, the BBBoC finessed Chisora into finding another license anyway but what makes them look totally silly is that by delaying Chsiroa's appeal hearing they have given Frank W all the ammo he needed to slag of the BBBoC and justify getting the Luxembourg licences.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 09 May 2012, 12:48 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Pretty sad if it is more of a black eye.........

Really? So someone blatantly ignoring the rules, trying to gain an unfair advantage and putting his opponent's health at risk in a sport which is risky enough is preferable to two lads having a scuffle and making a fight out of it? Not to mention the fact that khan has lost his titles in now even cloudier circumstances and wasted months of his life training for a rematch against a cheat? You've a strange view on things if you actually believe that.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 12:48 pm

No one got hurt...But spitting in sobebody's face...assault before the fight...and then assault after the fight leading to arrest....

Well If that's acceptable for you Brits...

Then I'm glad I'm not British..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 12:51 pm

You're wrongly suggesting that I condone what Petersen has done....I don't but.........

1. I'm not naive enough to believe roids aren't widespread in Boxing...

2. If fighters can get licences outside Britain to fight inside it..then lot's of dangerous mismatches can be "sanctioned" and injured athletes can still get to perform under martial law!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 09 May 2012, 12:53 pm

I'm not particularly interested in the fight. Haye is a busted flush at heavyweight and Chisora is no more than a Euro level fighter.

Still, the general public loves the macabre and two high profile British fighters are involved so it will probably sell regardless of the lack of quality.

As for Warren circumventing the rules - fairly cynical but the BBBofC should have closed the loop hole if they were serious about the punishment.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 May 2012, 12:58 pm

Super, think EU law prevents them for doing too much about it, they are between a rock and a hard place, genuinely believe when they banned him indefinitely they wanted a ban that sounded tough but in reality he would have re-applied after a year and been allowed back, but banning him for a year would not have satified the bloodlust around in the immediate wake of the incident.

Believe it was a well intentioned and pragmatic decision at the time, also believe that even if they knew Warren could do something like this he would not have the front to actually try it, which is understandable as it is pretty out there.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 09 May 2012, 12:59 pm

And you're preferring to worry about the worst case and a very unlikely scenario over something that's happened (Petereson) I'm sure The Luxembourg Board have rules and regulations. I don't see anyone licensing injured boxers to fight. Nor do I see these mismatches happening. Its not some back alley bare knuckle boxing organization in fairness.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 1:01 pm

I'm suggesting it's setting a dangerous precedent............of Martial law..

I'm suggesting roids in sport and Boxing is nothing new...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 09 May 2012, 1:03 pm

Presumably the EU Law which you refer to is restraint of trade, Jeff? I'm no expert on these matters but I think some carefully drafted wording in the ban may have prevented Chisora fighting in Britain without restricting his ability to make a living in the EU.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 09 May 2012, 1:07 pm

Dont forget the children. Lets save the children!!!!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 1:08 pm

Surely now he has got the green light...his case must set a benchmark for other future individuals to highlight.....

Go away Azania....you're just not that funny or interesting..

Quite sad....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 09 May 2012, 1:09 pm

I put up that thread and I don't care. Forget the moral side of it. Boxing is oon its arse and at leasst we have some hype for a fight. I know the fight isn't Ali v Frazier but it is still something that gets my mates in England going, "who do you think wins this" and we need that. It's not like the good ol Beeb days. We seem to have less and less posters on even this good forum. Anything that brings a bit of attention to the sport that doesn't revolve around PED's and robberies.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 09 May 2012, 1:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Surely now he has got the green light...his case must set a benchmark for other future individuals to highlight.....

Go away Azania....you're just not that funny or interesting..

Quite sad....

So many worse things have been done in the run up to fights I can't be bothered to mention them.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 May 2012, 1:11 pm

superflyweight wrote:Presumably the EU Law which you refer to is restraint of trade, Jeff? I'm no expert on these matters but I think some carefully drafted wording in the ban may have prevented Chisora fighting in Britain without restricting his ability to make a living in the EU.

more than possible Super, am willing to accept your opinion on this one is possibly made from a better position than mine but genuinely don't believe the BBBoC would have thought such precautions were necessary as I struggle to believe they would have thought a promoter of sone 30 years would have done such a thing, genuinely don't think the board are guilty of anything here other than possible naivety.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 1:13 pm

I imagine as long as Tyson and Holyfield was exciting you'd have been happy with just point deductions for a lost ear, nose and half a lip huh!!!

Dear oh dear...how desperate...

Surely you can mention....something that's been worse than

assault before a fight....
spitting in a face..
assault after a fight!!!!!......and then overriding the governing body to avoid censure!!!!

No maybe not!!!!!!!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 09 May 2012, 1:14 pm

Was Chisora found guilty of the "assaults" then?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 09 May 2012, 1:18 pm

When more famous boxers have done worse and got away with lower punishments then you can't be to mad at the fight.

Chisora lost a huge amount of his purse which wasn't colossal to begin with so I reckon that's enough punishment.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 1:20 pm

No union we all imagined him slapping Vitali across his face!!!! and the fight afterwards in a public place...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 09 May 2012, 1:22 pm

And the Holmes drop-kick still hasn't been addressed.....

Also, Truss, you're very quick to point fingers at Brits but the most famous boxer in the world just got his sentence (for more serious crimes) postponed so he could cash in and make some more money.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Wed 09 May 2012, 1:26 pm

rowley wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Presumably the EU Law which you refer to is restraint of trade, Jeff? I'm no expert on these matters but I think some carefully drafted wording in the ban may have prevented Chisora fighting in Britain without restricting his ability to make a living in the EU.

more than possible Super, am willing to accept your opinion on this one is possibly made from a better position than mine but genuinely don't believe the BBBoC would have thought such precautions were necessary as I struggle to believe they would have thought a promoter of sone 30 years would have done such a thing, genuinely don't think the board are guilty of anything here other than possible naivety.

I can't help but think the board and their team of lawyers knew exactly what they were doing when they suspended, instead of banned. This isn't some loophole from the back pages of a dusty rule book. Restriction of trade is basic EU law and I find it hard to believe that anybody who deals with foreign nationals, licensing etc would be ignorant of these rules.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 1:26 pm

Which Boxers have got away with it????

Tyson was banned from Nevada after Lewis.........

Anyway two wrongs don't make a right...

People keep generalising without being specific!!!!!!!!!!

Holmes drop kick was an assault 9no justification)........However he didn't assault a guy twice and then spit in his face.........

When States ban Boxers they stay banned for as long as their sentence is.........unless overturned on appeal!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 09 May 2012, 1:27 pm

Tyson
Lewis
Rahman
Holmes
Ali
Frazier
Mayorga
MAB
Morales
Bowe

If the moral police on here had their way, these guys would have been banned and then hung, drawn and quartered.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next