The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!!

+27
ShahenshahG
Steffan
manos de piedra
DaveVDK
Nico the gman
quentins_monkey
88Chris05
Gordy
owen10ozzy
KingMonkey
Josef K.
TopHat24/7
Valero's Conscience
Union Cane
Seanusarrilius
superflyweight
as1079
The Galveston Giant
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Super D Boon
joeyjojo618
azania
bellchees
paperbag_puncher
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 12:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

I like this site...I liked the old 606 site.. Some terrific posters and some terrific debate..No other sites have come close!!!

But to be honest I'm horrified at the amount posters on here who let a so-called grudge match (Which is an easy night for Haye anyway) override more serious issues...

Even a thread already..... (Haye vs Chisora predictions)

Is this the Boxing business you really want??????

Where a guy can assault an individual before a fight...spit in a guy's face and then be involved in complete thuggery afterwards...and he should just get away with it!!!....Overriding due process.....because it's a fight of interest...

It's morally wrong!!!........

I'm disappointed with you guys..........

If this what Boxing has come to...........then it deserves to be a dying sport!!

Expected better!!!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed May 09, 2012 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistakes r us)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!!

Post by KingMonkey Wed May 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Laws, legislations, balance sheets, business models.... yada yada yada. I've lost interest with that side of sport. I don't care how much anyone makes, I don't care on the legality nor even the morality of fights. So few of the best fights are being made these days that I'm thankful for something which a) brings some exposure to boxing b) should be a good fight c) is on my doorstep.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!!

Post by Union Cane Wed May 09, 2012 2:29 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No union we all imagined him slapping Vitali across his face!!!! and the fight afterwards in a public place...

That'll be why he was arrested by the Deutsche Polizei then.

It was handbags, nothing more.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 2:31 pm

Ethics are thing of the past huh??...

Not for me.....and not for you if you want to live in a civilised society....

Shocking attitude..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed May 09, 2012 2:32 pm

I don't care on the legality nor even the morality of fights.

Why not follow dog fighting? Better still, lets make homeless people fight each other for our entertainment.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 2:34 pm

handbags.....

Low-life morals are nothing to be proud of....

The guy should be a disgrace to anyone with pride and class...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 09, 2012 2:35 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Why not follow dog fighting? Better still, lets make homeless people fight each other for our entertainment.

Sigh!!!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 09, 2012 2:36 pm

Can someone, anyone tell me when morals were at their peak in boxing? When boxers were the salt of the earth and never put a foot wrong.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Wed May 09, 2012 2:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

When States ban Boxers they stay banned for as long as their sentence is.........unless overturned on appeal!!!

Chisora wasn't banned. His licence was suspended. The fight wouldn't have been able to go ahead if he was banned. Just like in the States.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 2:37 pm

To be honest Super.....I cannot believe that one of the most vilest acts imaginable such as spitting in someone's face can be construed as handbags!!!

For me that was his worst sin of the weekend..

Disgusting...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed May 09, 2012 2:37 pm

It was pantomime, designed to create maximum fuss, get maximum exposure and make maximum revenue.

And guess what, it worked.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed May 09, 2012 2:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I imagine as long as Tyson and Holyfield was exciting you'd have been happy with just point deductions for a lost ear, nose and half a lip huh!!!

Dear oh dear...how desperate...

Surely you can mention....something that's been worse than

assault before a fight....
spitting in a face..
assault after a fight!!!!!......and then overriding the governing body to avoid censure!!!!

No maybe not!!!!!!!! Cool

Bowe smacking, was it Donald before a fight?
Barrera ditto Morales
Tyson (who should have been banned for life after Holy) threatening to prison f**** a whole room

Chisora has had half his purse taken from him and been banned by the BBBC and the WBC won't sanction him as far as I am aware.

Look I am not saying he should go unpunished Truss, but the fight is happening isn't it. So really I am just left with being excited about a big fight in the UK or not. And I choose to be. I would feel differently if the sport wasn't already so corrupted it makes me want to scream. At least this isn't cheating like we are seeing from fighters and refs and judges allt he time. Allt hey wanted to do was take Chisora's money, and they did that, so sod them. And don't treat me like I am some newbie with no brains about the sport just because I will talk about this fight. You look like an idiot.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed May 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Someone said it the other day but if every fighter was like Ricky Burns then boxing would be a pretty dull place. Don't get me wrong, I like Ricky and there's a place for him but boxing needs bad guys. Sport needs bad guys. This is an exciting fight between two of our best heavyweights and yewah, the way Warren has gone about it leaves a sour taste, I'm no fan of him either, but this is a good fight.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 2:45 pm

These are examples but I don't recall Bowe assaulting someone twice and spitting in someone elses face...in one weekend..

Without being pedantic you said you had worse examples than Chisora!!

Perverse thing is these days that.....the most popular athletes are people who disgrace their own sports...

Tiger Woods....Ronnie O'sullivan etc are guys who've done nothing but pee on their own sports and seem to be loved for it....

Maybe I'm old-fashioned..........but hey I'm proud of it!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed May 09, 2012 2:46 pm

You're a classy guy Truss, we get it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed May 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Trussman...whilst I can understand your point of view, I think their is a huge amount of hypocrisy going on with this fight.

Yes what they did is wrong, in fact more than wrong. It put boxing in the limelight but for all the wrong reasons. In a day an age where boxing is attempting to break into the mainstream once again (lets face it has long been dieing a slow death amongst the general public) matters such as the now infamous 'munich' brawl dont help matters...

Or so one would think...

Lets face it with a lack of big name fights happening i.e. the best fighting the best, which is one of only 2 ways the general public would tune into boxing, events such as this are the only way others outside of boxing would tune it...

People, whether boxing fans or not, would have heard and seen the fiasco in Munich and now will here about these two facing off and I ABSOLUTLEY guarantee will tune in. This will be one of the biggest fights of the year..rightly or wrongly so.

Im not suggesting any credit should be given to Warren and I dont agree with the way he has skirted around the BBBoC....but that is a loophole that was their. Warren is a sleaze for using it for his financial gain..but then again the boxing board needs to take a long hard look and make sure it doesnt happen again. Due to their oversight this fight is happening...are you going to not watch any sanctioned fight by the BBBoC in the future if they do not do something which would stop this kind of thing happening again??...If you do then those so called morals are perhaps not as great as you like to think.

As others have mentioned Chisora has been disciplined...in fact the water and slap incident you mentioned is completely irrelevant as he was fined a percentage of his purse following that fight...so using people such as Rooney for your comparison is more or less null and void.

Now yes he has an indefinite ban, which has been appealed (part of the reason he has managed to get an early July date by another boxing board)..but that doesnt stop him going elsewhere as he has done. Again an issue that needs to be looked at by boxings governing bodies. Did you watch the Cotto v Mayweather fight...if you did...HYPOCRITE..! He had already been found guilty of his crime...you say oh but he will have served his sentence by the time he next fights...but the problem with that argument is he should be serving his time NOW. He isnt because his sentence was put back so he could fight Cotto, it was in the interest of all because they could make a pretty penny before he was locked up for a few months!

Time and time again boxing has been in the media for all the wrong reasons...in a sport which is littered with people from a rough background it will always happen. People will always slip into old habits (leopards dont change their spots)...and inner demons will rear their ugly head at times. Unfortunatly there is little that can be done...if anything it is to be accepted by us so called 'BOXING' fans. Lets face it we know the type of person (in the majority of cases) that boxing lulls in. It is fantastic in most cases as it is getting people of the street, out of gangs, crime etc...but as much as we applaud that side of things we cant then kick up a fuss when actions such as this occurs. It is the flip side of the coin..we know what we are getting into by following this sport, we know the type of people it can, has and will attract..part and parcel of a sport unlike most unfortunatly.

It has been said before but I will say it again...you cant pick and choose when to allow your morals to get in the way and jump on your pedestal..unless you have not ever watched any of the following fights:

Tyson v Lewis (2002)...Brawling, Leg Bite, threats of eating children...

Holmes v Berbick (1991)..Threatning GBH..dropping kicking incident...

Herbie Hide v Michael Bentt (1994)...Similiar to this fight in that brawl occured then fight arranged!

Hopkins v Trinidad (2001)...a fight which saw the executioner burn a national flag and declare a lack of respect and dislike for an entire country..

Mark Kaylor v Errol Christie (1985)...2 pre match brawls and a fight which was remembered as being 'racially charged'

Other examples include Mayorga v De La Hoya, Frazier v Ali, Vargas v Mayorga, Lewis v Rahman, Bowe v Donald, ....IM ASSUMING YOU DECIDE NOT TO WATCH ANY OF THESE?

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed May 09, 2012 2:49 pm

They're also by far or were the most talented at their sports. I'm pretty sure it was the talent that got them there. Tiger was far more popular before he "peed on his sport"

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed May 09, 2012 2:50 pm

azania wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Sigh!!!

Sigh indeed, Az. I was being deliberately obtuse but the point remains. Regardless of what indiscretaions have taken place in the past, why shouldn't we question the morality of Haye and Chisora profiteering from what was criminal behaviour? If morals don't come into it then why bother banning PED's, loaded gloves and why bother putting in place a (supposedly) impartial judging system.

Last edited by superflyweight on Wed May 09, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 2:50 pm

I know....

There other threads that can maybe use your usual in-depth..one line sarcasm more than this one ....

Don't want you to spoil me.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed May 09, 2012 2:56 pm

I'd spoil you for other men mate, that's for sure.

Fancy lending some class to the 606v2 rankings thread?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed May 09, 2012 2:57 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Which Boxers have got away with it????

Tyson was banned from Nevada after Lewis.........

Anyway two wrongs don't make a right...

People keep generalising without being specific!!!!!!!!!!

Holmes drop kick was an assault 9no justification)........However he didn't assault a guy twice and then spit in his face.........

When States ban Boxers they stay banned for as long as their sentence is.........unless overturned on appeal!!!

Tyson had already bit someones F****** ear off and he was allowed to continue. Boxing is a sport with virtually no morals; why are you surprised that Chisora is able to fight on. That is what's truly baffling. A Slap at a HW weigh in wwwooooooooooooooooooooooo. I actually think spitting water in Wlad's face was worse, but then Wlad did lick his lips afterward, so maybe he enjoyed it. The burning comments were too much, but this is boxing. Again, why are you so shocked?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 09, 2012 3:01 pm

superflyweight wrote:
azania wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Sigh!!!

Sigh indeed, Az. I was being deliberately obtuse but the point remains. Regardless of what indiscretaions have taken place in the past, why shouldn't we question the morality of Haye and Chisora profiteering from what was criminal behaviour? If morals don't come into it then why bother banning PED's, loaded gloves and why bother putting in place a (supposedly) impartial judging system.

Why not take the morality of it all one step further and ban boxing. After all why should two adults to pay to punch themselves senseless. Surely in a highly moral and civilised society, that should cause an even bigger outrage.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 3:03 pm

You're always welcome in the blue oyster!!!!!!!!!

No Tyson was banned from fighting in the State of Nevada.........and it was upheld!!!!

The rest of your comments aren't worth responding too......

I imagine If you're German and you see two fighters slapped by the K bros behaving like that and then getting on with the biggest British fight of alltime....

You'd feel embarrassed for Britain..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Trust Az to misrepresent what we are saying!!!

Just leave it out!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed May 09, 2012 3:05 pm

I agree with the sentiments of the article. This match up is further evidence that boxing is now on the way out, or at least evolving into a professional wrestling type sport where what happens outside the ring is more important than inside it.

The two clowns should have been banned for life to set an example to the rest of the world and to show boxing has a bit of backbone and credibility. I remember when boxing was a big sport with icons like Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Duran and many others. Real top class fighters. Now the sport has shifted its emphasis to marketing and hyping so we get fighters like Oscar de la Hoya who are well marketed by pr and image men but lose most of their big fights. This doesnt impact their saleability though because they are so well marketed. Thus the standards have been dropping and the most famous fighters are no longer the best ones.

People are turning their back on boxing and have been for some time. Compare now to the 80s and 90s! This kind of sham fight will drive more people away from boxing and I do not think it will sell well at all to real boxing fans who can tell the difference between a quality fighter and a media hype job!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 3:06 pm

If you're going to be stupid....don't post!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 3:09 pm

Good stuff Gordy......Not asking them to be banned for life.....

Just that a guy should adhere to what the ruling body line is rather than escape punishment..

Just because he's a big draw..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed May 09, 2012 3:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Good stuff Gordy......Not asking them to be banned for life.....

Just that a guy should adhere to what the ruling body line is rather than escape punishment..

anyway, who wins Truss?

Haye or Chisora.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 09, 2012 3:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Good stuff Gordy......Not asking them to be banned for life.....

The ruling body made a hash of it. Indefinite ban? That could be 3 months or forever. So he served an indefinite ban and decided when to fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 3:13 pm

It wasn't up to him to define how long the ban was now was it!!!!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 3:16 pm

I'd stick to mis-representing what we all say... and then debating the mis-reprentation........

You seem to perform better then!!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 09, 2012 3:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Trust Az to misrepresent what we are saying!!!

Just leave it out!!

Not in the slightest. You guys are pontificating about how civilised and moral you are etc. What is the morality about 2 men trying to render the other unconscious? Dont come with the hit and not get hit principle. There is zero morality in boxing. Its the only sport (outside MMA) in which the objective is to KO the other guy.

And you conplain about a slap? Spitting is nasty, vile disgraceful etc, but no-one got KO (maybe TB) from it. Handbags.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed May 09, 2012 3:20 pm

Why not take the morality of it all one step further and ban boxing. After all why should two adults to pay to punch themselves senseless. Surely in a highly moral and civilised society, that should cause an even bigger outrage.

I presume you're being deliberately obtuse (often hard to tell with you, Az). Clearly questioning the morality of boxing is competely separate from hoping that some moral standards would be applied to the sport now and then.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed May 09, 2012 3:22 pm

It's not really a case of wanting to claim the moral high ground, for me. I accept that fights being made for immoral reasons, and fighters getting extra attention for sheer buffoonery, is nothing new and might even be described as commonplace.

What bugs me is that this is now being built up as a 'superfight' when the reality is that it's just a Heavyweight contender taking on a Heavyweight journeyman. Haye and Chisora are at the forefront of British boxing when neither of them deserve to be. I've seen comments already ranging from "this is a great match up" to "this is going to be a classic." I wonder how people will be describing it once it oh so inevitably fails to live up to this lofty billing?

I have no issues with convicted felons in the sport; while it's not ideal, it simply comes with the territory. What I do object to is the way in which being a convicted felon is actually used to glorify certain fighters. I almost had to rub my eyes in amazement back in February when I saw so many people on here solemnly claiming with genuine conviction that the embarrassing Munich affair was actually "good for the sport."

A lot of fighters have embarrassed themselves and brought the sport in to disrepute; however, seldom do you see such otherwise nondescript ones like Haye and Chisora do so and then, somehow, profit so much from it, and so quickly, too. Can any of the aforementioned supporters of these two absolute clowns say with a straight face that this fight is going to be a "classic" due to Chisora's boxing ability and achievements, rather than somehow owing to the fact that he's a vile, loud-mouthed thug with the mental capacity of a brick?

I don't for a single second believe that either has been punished enough for their misdemeanours, I don't think that either deserve to be occupying that back pages of papers or the top threads of these kind of forums in light of their recent performances, and the only good thing to come of this will (hopefully) be that at least one of the two participants will be forever gone from the Heavyweight reckoning once the final curtain falls on this shady and, quite frankly, embarrassing affair.

The sight of Haye's smug face and sly little smile at the press conference was enough to make me want to put my foot through the TV screen and straight through in to next door's living room.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 3:23 pm

He is being a silly-billy.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 3:27 pm

See the problem is Chisora got banned and should serve it... but alas the same who always mis-represents everybody then suggests...we all want Lewis, Barrera etc all banned....

No we want a guy who's been banned by his ruling body... to not get out on an unprecedented technicality for despicable behaviour...

Is that wrong??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2012 3:29 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're always welcome in the blue oyster!!!!!!!!!

No Tyson was banned from fighting in the State of Nevada.........and it was upheld!!!!

The rest of your comments aren't worth responding too......

I imagine If you're German and you see two fighters slapped by the K bros behaving like that and then getting on with the biggest British fight of alltime....

You'd feel embarrassed for Britain..

Then again, having one of your World Champions being given his toughest fight in years by a Euro level fighter before the other takes on a guy KO'd by Haye down at CW (but still trying to suggest that he'd have a style similar to Mike Tyson) doesn't make them feel embarrassed.

The German crowd will watch the K's fight any old dross, whilst the British will watch two disgraced fighters in a supposed grudge match. Can't really see who takes the moral high ground there.

However, I agree with those who say it's poor form for these two fighters to profit so soon after they'd behaved in such an appalling manner. What WILL be interesting is whether or not the K's are interested in fighting the winner once they see how much money is generated by these two "2nd tier fighters" as Boente calls them. If that happens then I predict a number of posters saying it's now acceptable for the K's to entertain the winner as "it makes perfect financial sense".

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 3:30 pm

I have no issue with convicted felons in the sport........

Just think He deserved a ban and got one and now won't serve it!!!!

All sports need a ruling body!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 09, 2012 3:31 pm

superflyweight wrote:

I presume you're being deliberately obtuse (often hard to tell with you, Az). Clearly questioning the morality of boxing is competely separate from hoping that some moral standards would be applied to the sport now and then.

Where do you draw the line with moral standards? Where does it begin? When you start attempting to fit square pegs into round holes you will find it rather difficult to do. For instance it is permitted for a convicted felon to profit from boxing? I've seen that argument used against Chis. Well there was Qawi and Hopkins. Should they have been disallowed from boxing?

Should Ortiz be barred from boxing when he tried to nut Floyd? Far worse than a slap imo. Should dirty boxers be barred? I'd rather be slapped than deliberately punched in the nuts (my wife and girlfriend would also agree Cool ).

Regardles of the morality, take what they did in isolation. Its just not a big deal imo. A brawl between 2 boxers. Heaven forbid.

This is the biggest fight for over 10 years in this country. Unless you think Ricky Burns against the felon Mitchell is better. I mean, Mitchell was done for drugs. Far worse than a slap.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Can't see who takes the moral high ground...!!

What in a class act fighting a contender who's been passed by the authorites..

and two thugs fighting semi-legally..

Then it again it's you...and I'm not surprised!!!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Wed May 09, 2012 3:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Can't see who takes the moral high ground...!!

It isn't semi-legally... the bout is 100% legal. I also think the BBBC could have avoided all of this had they given Chisora a fixed-term ban rather than an indefinite suspension...

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2012 3:48 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Can't see who takes the moral high ground...!!

Chisora and Haye have also been passed by the authorities...they just happen not to be the BRITISH authorities. Mormeck was a contender in name alone (and even then I dare say some would balk at that). If Wlad had class he would have rubbished the fight like Steward did saying "we have to take it as it's a mandatory but he poses no threat to us" Wlad stood in the ring telling the press that Mormeck was going to have an aggressive bob-and-weave style was laughable at best.

I'm not disputing K's dominance of the division but Wlad telling people Mormeck was a live challenge even had some of the German fans scratching their heads saying, "Really?"

...but don't let your willingness to have a cheap dig at me blind you to the fact that I agree with the essence of your thread.

Thankfully I'm brimming with class and can take the moral high ground...as I've done on so many occasions.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 3:59 pm

It's been sanctioned by another authority that isn't supposed to hold sway!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Supposed to? By virtue of the fact that they can legally sanction the fight, they are permitted to and therefore supposed to.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed May 09, 2012 4:09 pm

Oh come on now lets not be silly about this, this is a fight in Britain between two british fighters who have previously been licenced by the British Boxing Board of Control, we all know it is them who should be licencing this fight or at least being asked to, just because the Luxenbourg board are allowed to sanction this does not make it right. Rich people are allowed to incorporate themselves as businesses so they can pay corporation tax rather than income tax and use similarly creative ways to avoid paying their fair share of tax on their earnings, just because they are doing nothing illegal does not mean what they are doing is right.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 09, 2012 4:14 pm

What they did was bad. No argument. But I'm not going to wring my hands in moral indignation about it. I was on here saying that Chisora should not be banned (fined yes). I suggest you all get over it, kick back with a few beers and enjoy what will be a good fight. The build up alone will be worth paying for.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed May 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Chisora had enough Money deducted from his purse for me, a lot was deducted, i agree with earlier points that the BBBC have bigger issues on their hands with the state of their officials, maybe they should focus more on that than a scuffle that happened in Germany after a fight.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Given the BBBC have also sanctioned fights between Enzo Macc and Bobby Gunn and allowed the likes of Johnny Nelson and Audley Harrison to contest WBF HW title fights, I think they'd do well to shut up

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 09, 2012 5:02 pm

Sill don't see the relevancy......

Last time I saw Enzo wasn't banned for spitting, assault and fighting in public..........

It's a bit like Cheney's Mate getting pardoned and escaping over exposing a CIA agent's identity because HE's of value.........or Whitewater for that matter!!

and It's wrong....

Rowley was spot on...............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed May 09, 2012 5:32 pm

The fact is Chisora had his licence taken away and rightfully so, slapping your opponent before the fight is bad enough but spitting in someones face is the lowest of the low.

Anyone who believes that Chisora's ban was because of a scuffle with Haye is living in cloud cuckoo land it is the actions stated above,this from a fighter who had previously bit an opponent and kissed another one on the lips,Chisora has a history of this sort of thing.

Haye,Chisora and Warren have shown total contempt for the BBBC and I personally hope the World governing bodies refuse to sanction any world title fight that these two try to make after this fight.
This would show a total backing for the BBBC by world boxing authorities.

The wrongdoings of past fighters is frankly a pathetic argument when trying to condone a fight between these two.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Wed May 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Mike Tyson bit a chunk out of Lewis's leg at a press conference, And Holyfeilds ear in the ring (twice) Bowe knocked out Larry Donald in a press conference, Barrera and Morrales traded punches, Mayweather put his hand round Ortiz's throat at a weigh in, Tyson made racist slurs at a press conference, Hopkins desecrated the Puerto Rican flag before fighting Tito, Roberto Duran made homophobic and extremely personal remarks aimed at Sugar Ray Leonard, Hide and Bennt took part in a street brawl before their fight, Errol Christie had a tussle with Mark Taylor as did Larry Holmes and Trevor Berbick. So can I ask, when did everyone become so sensitive? Boxing is a violent sport, pretending it wont attract violent people is eathier idealistic or simply ignorant.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next