The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!!

+27
ShahenshahG
Steffan
manos de piedra
DaveVDK
Nico the gman
quentins_monkey
88Chris05
Gordy
owen10ozzy
KingMonkey
Josef K.
TopHat24/7
Valero's Conscience
Union Cane
Seanusarrilius
superflyweight
as1079
The Galveston Giant
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Super D Boon
joeyjojo618
azania
bellchees
paperbag_puncher
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 11:32 am

First topic message reminder :

I like this site...I liked the old 606 site.. Some terrific posters and some terrific debate..No other sites have come close!!!

But to be honest I'm horrified at the amount posters on here who let a so-called grudge match (Which is an easy night for Haye anyway) override more serious issues...

Even a thread already..... (Haye vs Chisora predictions)

Is this the Boxing business you really want??????

Where a guy can assault an individual before a fight...spit in a guy's face and then be involved in complete thuggery afterwards...and he should just get away with it!!!....Overriding due process.....because it's a fight of interest...

It's morally wrong!!!........

I'm disappointed with you guys..........

If this what Boxing has come to...........then it deserves to be a dying sport!!

Expected better!!!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 09 May 2012, 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistakes r us)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!!

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 09 May 2012, 4:59 pm

DaveVDK wrote:Mike Tyson bit a chunk out of Lewis's leg at a press conference, And Holyfeilds ear in the ring (twice) Bowe knocked out Larry Donald in a press conference, Barrera and Morrales traded punches, Mayweather put his hand round Ortiz's throat at a weigh in, Tyson made racist slurs at a press conference, Hopkins desecrated the Puerto Rican flag before fighting Tito, Roberto Duran made homophobic and extremely personal remarks aimed at Sugar Ray Leonard, Hide and Bennt took part in a street brawl before their fight, Errol Christie had a tussle with Mark Taylor as did Larry Holmes and Trevor Berbick. So can I ask, when did everyone become so sensitive? Boxing is a violent sport, pretending it wont attract violent people is eathier idealistic or simply ignorant.

Here here!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Is this what the Boxing community has come to!!!!!!

Post by manos de piedra Wed 09 May 2012, 5:00 pm

I think there should be a proportionate approach taken to this whole episode.

I dont think the past wrongdoings of other fighters is being used to excuse Haye/Chisora neccessarily but more identify what why that episode is any different to past episodes or why it should illicit a greater response. Obviously there have been countless of examples of wrongdoing in boxing but Im not sure people demanded Dempsey shouldnt fight at all if he wasnt going to fight Wills, that nobody should watch the Rumble in the Jungle because it was taking place in a corrupt dictatorship and put togther by a convicted killer and so on. It doesnt make those past episodes right but it does naturally beg the question of what makes this so different? I honestly dont beleive in a sport like boxing that if you viewed it through a morality based lense you would ever watch much boxing at all. For instance would it not be morally wrong to line Don Kings pockets by watching his events? Yet most viewed him as a neccessary evil to further the sport.

What I think burns alot of people (me included) is that there hasnt really been any punishment dished out, and punishment was warranted. Had the two served their time for the crime so to speak then I think the outrage would have died down. Warren has made a bit of a mockery of the idea that these two have been punished in any way. Quite the opposite in fact. And that naturally wont sit well with many people.

Ive a heard a few arguments such as Chisora has a right to earn a living and that he would be forced to "sign on" if not allowed to fight. thats nonsense not even withstanding the fact his situation was self inflicted.

Ive also heard that in football Chisoras punishment would amount to a season long ban or 36 matches. But it isnt football, and his "ban" has not even seen him miss one match and has increased his earnings.

The BBBC have also made a mess of it and whether they were willingly or unwillingly outsmarted by Warren I dont know.

I also think that at this stage Haye and Chisora are just unpopular with most people and not many want to see such a pair of dislikeable individuals profit in such an easy manner. They were unlikely to get the benefit of the doubt in the way popular fighters like Barrera and Morales might.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 09 May 2012, 5:03 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why people are shocked at their behaviour.........

I am and I'm sure other Boxers like the Klits and lesser types are as well..

Because their are plenty of gentleman-sporting types around...with morals and principles..

The best fighter in the sport is going to serve a sentence...yeah he's being punished for bad behaviour!!!

You can accept it..I won't.....because I expect better!!!

Wouldn't watch it If it was on cable....

Oh yeah, American punishment, where they will compromise on a defendants sentence by how muh money he is worth to the city.Justice in America often depends on your wallet size haha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 09 May 2012, 5:05 pm

So can I ask, when did everyone become so sensitive? Boxing is a violent sport, pretending it wont attract violent people is eathier idealistic or simply ignorant.

Just because there have been past indiscretions in the sport doesn't mean that people shoudln't question the morality of the fight. I'm all for the two of them hitting seven shades of shinola out of each other (just not interested in watching them do it) but let's not pretend it's good for boxing. As I said before, Haye is a busted flush at heavyweight and Chisora is a middle of the road Euro level fighter at best. The fight is only attracting any real interest because of the brawl. If Haye had announced this fight in November of 2010 just after he beat Harrison, everyone on here would be decrying the fight as a joke.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 09 May 2012, 5:08 pm

In all fairness Chisora brings a lot more to the table than Monte 'Never was' Barrett, John '15 years past it' Ruiz and Audley 'What the hell was I thinking signing up to this' Harrison so I really dont see what the problem is with the credibility of this fight

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2012, 5:14 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Sill don't see the relevancy......

Last time I saw Enzo wasn't banned for spitting, assault and fighting in public..........

It's a bit like Cheney's Mate getting pardoned and escaping over exposing a CIA agent's identity because HE's of value.........or Whitewater for that matter!!

and It's wrong....

Rowley was spot on...............

My point is that the BBBC are claiming that the sanctioning of this fight harms British boxing...whereas having Johnny Nelson and Audley Harrison call themselves HW Champions seems perfectly reasonable. Irrespective of whether or not the BBBC are right to lambast Warren for his actions (in this case I believe they are although I feel it's more to do with their anger at being made to look ineffective by Ol' Frank Warren), the BBBC have been happy to sanction utterly meaningless dross when it suited them. If they felt Haye's actions were reprehensible, why wasn't action taken against him when he made his "one-sided as gang r@pe" comment"? Arguably, that comment was as tasteless as anything he'd done before or after.

As you say in another thread, certain posters are criticising that match-up as they've lost their objectivity towards Haye. However all Haye's done is demonstrate that he's a savvy businessman/shameless opportunist but he's hardly alone in this. Frank Warren has been quick to slate Haye when it's suited him (namely everything post Enzo's KO) but now Frank seems to be able to do business with a man he despised the other year. Strange turnaround or Frank just being Frank?

There's hypocrisy on so many levels here...from Warren claiming Haye should never be allowed to box again, the K's claiming it's a freakshow fight (when they'll be keen to cash in in September no doubt), from the BBBC who claim this damages boxing's reputation and from the myriad of posters who have leapt onto their high horses.

I believe Haye and Chisora should be allowed to fight however, I do believe it should have been done after a suitable period of time had lapsed and some semblance of contrition from both parties. Sadly, the fact this fight is going ahead says as much for the state of society at large as it does about boxing.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 5:33 pm

Look nobody is suggesting it's as bad as chewing an ear...but Tyson was banned from Nevada remember!!!

Chisora is supposed to be banned from fighting in Britain..

As for the American stuff well my view is the same where ever people transgress..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 09 May 2012, 5:41 pm

Looking at the boxing section today, the page is dominated by threads involving drugs cheats and a sham fight between a pair of hype job hooligans. What does this say about the sport??

These guys should be banned for life and a zero tolerance approach taken. Make an example of them and then you wont have this problem in the future and maybe boxing can recapture some of its former glory.

This kind of thing is whats driving people away from boxing in droves. Its a poor fight that will get no following amongst real boxing fans and will have to rely on the marketing whizz kids at Sky to con Joe Public into thinking they are watching superstars. Mark my words, we will have another disappointment on our hands and another black eye for the sport.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 May 2012, 6:00 pm

Gordy wrote:Looking at the boxing section today, the page is dominated by threads involving drugs cheats and a sham fight between a pair of hype job hooligans. What does this say about the sport??

These guys should be banned for life and a zero tolerance approach taken. Make an example of them and then you wont have this problem in the future and maybe boxing can recapture some of its former glory.

This kind of thing is whats driving people away from boxing in droves. Its a poor fight that will get no following amongst real boxing fans and will have to rely on the marketing whizz kids at Sky to con Joe Public into thinking they are watching superstars. Mark my words, we will have another disappointment on our hands and another black eye for the sport.

Does it Flip. People come running to watch the fights - look at the amount of casual fans that commented on it - it doesnt turn genuine fans away because theyve sat through worse and they'll enjoy it if they choose to watch it. Sometimes this works out good abnd sometimes it turns out bad - but remember, theres a host of undercard fighters benefitting from it as well. Someone made a point earlier that most of the moral outrage over this is because theres a pair of jubblies involved rather than people we like. There are some genuine - like Rowley and Windy who have always taken the high road but some of the others are quite happy to ignore their favourites transgressions only to pillory those they don't like.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 6:03 pm

Like who?? be more specific...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 09 May 2012, 6:06 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Like who?? be more specific...
I think he means YOU Truss

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 6:10 pm

I do too Steffan........ in his usual cowardly misrepresentational way!! Still at least he didn't stick a derogatory fat yanky remark as is his usual trademark in as well!!......

Enough said!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Wed 09 May 2012, 6:19 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:When more famous boxers have done worse and got away with lower punishments then you can't be to mad at the fight.

Chisora lost a huge amount of his purse which wasn't colossal to begin with so I reckon that's enough punishment.

clap clap

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 6:25 pm

Are these people dumb?????

Who's done worse than this in Boxing and escaped censure...

Tyson chewed an ear in Nevada and got bannnnnnnned!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 May 2012, 6:27 pm

Actually, when I accuse you I do it directly - you fat yanky Bar Steward. It was more a reference to Gordys own post a few days back about Wlad being crap and his praising rumble in the jungle and several other fights in which the participants/stakeholders contained a naughty person, ear biter , a suspected juicer and dictator, don king and stadium where the blood of the dissidents of said country had barely dried. Everytime he compares someone he always references Tyson as some sort of heroic god like figure and now he has barely a mention of him. Also a reference to onetwo who once put up a topic saying how Mike Tyson was a role model.

Nothing to do with you, except that you wrote the op. As for cowardly, rather strange coming from someone who posts provocative topics then when the inevitable Poopie storm breaks goes running to the mods. I think being accused of cowardice by you is like being called beardy by Kirchener

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 6:32 pm

How would you know If I go running to the mods???...

more misrepresentation!!!!!!

"Fat yank this"..."silly yank pop that"...so infantile...and all you come out with ....

You're a disgruntled muslim who hates America...declare your interest and grow up!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 May 2012, 6:44 pm

Actually not at all - I never did have a issue with america - ever since you provoked a fight regarding terrorism and religion you've been reading too much into whatever anyone says - you've been living in england for ages yet you put it down all the time and when we say fat yank - you start crying making it about religion. I didn't bring up religion with you until you did.

I've never hated america just dislike you because you are a stereotype, provoke a fight then leave. I have a friend who was an american war veteran from vietnam. Sylvester Jacobs - you'll find him online somewhere a mildly famous christian .

You have issues with me because i'm muslim but i've never accused you of it because I thought you were just being a bar steward.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 May 2012, 6:47 pm

Lets calm it down lads, you've both been posting with each other long enough to sort this out without the name calling and the thread is valid, don't want to lock it or hack it to bits by deleting half of it

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 6:49 pm

I've never responded to the fat yank stuff (only above for the purposes of rebauttal) as you well know however infantile the abuse has been!!.....

I have Muslim friends and acquaintances too........

All you do Is lie.........and misrepresent!!!...It's very cheap..

and it's very cowardly....You have issues Mate!!

I am American but I don't think I'm bettter you.........

.Inferiority complexes are a terrible thing...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 6:55 pm

I've said all I need to say...........

Just that like with Azania........deliberate mis-representation is just dirty and cheap.....

Not a racist as any even minded poster knows....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 May 2012, 7:01 pm

https://www.606v2.com/t23219p50-why-haven-t-the-klits-transcended#934361

The rest was all deleted - and I wrote a post not concerning you at all - you just got provoked easily by Steffan suggesting it was you - no doubt enjoying needling you as he normally does. I think its obvious where the insecurites lie. I'll leave it at that Rowley, I just ask that next time someone puts down the british or the english you do the same - I'll avoid the yank comments in the future. I'll just have you note this is the second time Truss has provoked a religion related fight both time starting it and the umpteenth time hes thrown around the word coward when embarrased.

End.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 7:08 pm

Haven't started anything.........

If the mods so wish they can list the amount of times I've been labelled by this guy because of my Nationality.....and I've not responded!!

Butter wouldn't melt....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 7:19 pm

Look I don't want to fall out with anybody...

I'll withdraw my remarks and apologise..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 May 2012, 7:21 pm

Accepted and apologies from this end too.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 09 May 2012, 7:26 pm

I like how this fight is sticking it to the BBBC.

Like all governing bodies, athletic commissions and boards of control they're more than willing to turn a blind eye to corrupt judging and officiating when it suits them and then they seem surprised when pond scum like Warren is willing to go behind they're back to make some money.

Whenever I watch fights at the moment it is always in my mind that there will be a home town decision or the name fighter will get the nod even when its thoroughly undeserved. It's common place because it has been allowed for years all over the world with no action from any governing body, athletic commission or board of control and that just isn't right. So to see any of these guys getting shafted by a promoter they have allowed to operate with their blessing for 30 years is nice.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 09 May 2012, 7:30 pm

Yeah even the billing "Licence to Thrill" is a definate middle finger to the BBBC.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 09 May 2012, 7:45 pm

Definately a kick in the balls that one.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 09 May 2012, 9:26 pm

superflyweight wrote:
So can I ask, when did everyone become so sensitive? Boxing is a violent sport, pretending it wont attract violent people is eathier idealistic or simply ignorant.

Just because there have been past indiscretions in the sport doesn't mean that people shoudln't question the morality of the fight. I'm all for the two of them hitting seven shades of shinola out of each other (just not interested in watching them do it) but let's not pretend it's good for boxing. As I said before, Haye is a busted flush at heavyweight and Chisora is a middle of the road Euro level fighter at best. The fight is only attracting any real interest because of the brawl. If Haye had announced this fight in November of 2010 just after he beat Harrison, everyone on here would be decrying the fight as a joke.

There will be future indescretions. What do you do then? Ban every boxer who behaves in a less that gentlemanly manner?

Dont let the hand wringing brigade any where near boxing otherwise the sport will be character free.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2012, 10:18 pm

rowley wrote:Think the issue for me is more the flagrant attempt on Warren's part to ignore the BBBoC, if both had applied for a licence through them and been granted, am sure the likes of Truss and certainly myself would not particularly have liked it but would have accepted it, as this is the correct process that should have been followed. Going through the Luxenbourg board may be legal but it stinks, Warren should not get to decide when his fighter has served their time.

Spot on Rowley.

They won't, but I hope the BBBoC do follow their threat today and find a way to punish anybody involved in this. Warren needs to learn he is not the only show in town and is not the law.

I'm not surprised that this fight is being attempted (see a Ben Dirs article on the BBC today for references to other fights based on suspect grounds) but Warren's weasel behaviour is beyond the pale.

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Wed 09 May 2012, 10:27 pm

Is this what the boxing community has come to??? When was it ever not like this? To suggest other wise is to not know your boxing history I'm afraid. Corruption, cheating, match fixing, criminal participants and generally immoral behaviour have been part of this business from day one. Why start getting upset now Truss?

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 09 May 2012, 10:32 pm

can i just say i'm glad truss and shah have made up... with our sport in disrepute its important that we fans feel the love.

i do feel they should have their licences revoked however, and if they do fight again they should do it in luxembourg

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 09 May 2012, 10:36 pm

I actually think more of the blame should rest with the BBBC than Warren. What Warren is doing is not really much different to what professional accountants, tax men and lawyers do regarding finding loopholes and creatives means to get round obstacles legally. As he said himself, his job is to make money for himself and his client. Morally, he may not be in the right but it was up to the BBBC and not Warren to deal with the situation effectively and they didnt, or maybe couldnt. I would have liked to see the pair of them serve a fair and effective punishment but it would be naive in the extreme to expect Warren to administer it. Hes hired by Chisora to work for him to the best of his ability.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 09 May 2012, 10:56 pm

the words, a mountain out of a mole hill springs to mind for some reason

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2012, 11:29 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:the words, a mountain out of a mole hill springs to mind for some reason

Well TRUSS can be quite childish at times....oh, wait, I see....

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 09 May 2012, 11:35 pm

whats good for the goose...

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012, 12:21 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Look nobody is suggesting it's as bad as chewing an ear...but Tyson was banned from Nevada remember!!!

Chisora is supposed to be banned from fighting in Britain..

As for the American stuff well my view is the same where ever people transgress..

Nevada is a state. Tyson was allowed to fight in Tennessee which is a part of USA. We are now (more or less) in the EU. Chisora was not banned from fighting in Britain. He was banned from fighting with a british licence. So he got another EU licence. Problem solved.

As Mills Lane says "Lets get it on".

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3