The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro12 Final... Predictions

+13
sugarNspikes
maestegmafia
rodders
Pot Hale
Jenifer McLadyboy
LordDowlais
21st Century Schizoid Man
MMC
glamorganalun
BoyneRFC
Mickado
George Carlin
sirBiggles
17 posters

Go down

Pro12 Final Line up.....predicted to be

Pro12 Final... Predictions  Vote_lcap50%Pro12 Final... Predictions  Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 24 ]
Pro12 Final... Predictions  Vote_lcap29%Pro12 Final... Predictions  Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 14 ]
Pro12 Final... Predictions  Vote_lcap10%Pro12 Final... Predictions  Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 5 ]
Pro12 Final... Predictions  Vote_lcap10%Pro12 Final... Predictions  Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 48

Pro12 Final... Predictions  Empty Pro12 Final... Predictions

Post by sirBiggles Wed 09 May 2012, 2:27 pm

Who do you reckon will be playing for the inaugural Pro12 trophy.

Will it be Leinster. Have to be the favourite to take the trophy this year. But with one eye on the HC, could they slip up, letting Glasgow pinch the spoils.

Ospreys are there challenging, but with Munster only having the Pro12 in their sights now, and with the prospect of it being against old Irish rivals Leinster, for a game that, if it is an all Irish final, is likely to be moved to the Aviva, they are not going to let the Ospreys go without a fight.

Could Glasgow pull off an unexpected win....

I reckon the semi final play-offs is an interesting one this year. So, using the Poll and a post to discuss, debate or set the banter ball rolling (but keep it friendly Hug ).... Thoughts ?

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Pro12 Final... Predictions  Empty Re: Pro12 Final... Predictions

Post by George Carlin Wed 09 May 2012, 3:29 pm

Biggles,

Leinster v Glasgow

This depends entirely on Schmidt's selection. I think that he'll have to front load this game with his first XV, pray to feck that nobody gets injured and then pull them out if they're comfortable after an hour.

Can Glasgow win? It's absolutely not impossible. Possibly Lineen's last game as manager and a number of great players' last games in the shirt too (including Beattie, Gray and Aramburu) - passions will be high and if Glasgow can stay within a score until the last 20 minutes, then it will be an unbelievable dogfight.

It's very evenly matched throughout the pack and there will be some titanic battles in the tight (Gray v Thorn, O'Brien v Harley probably being the best). Leinster's backs should unlock the game for them and mean that they have too much but Leinster fans should be very, very nervous if the weather stinks and Weir starts sticking the ball into the corners and looking for line-outs.

No team gets 5 draws in the league without being unbelievably tough to beat and Glasgow are certainly that. Hogg and Van Der Merwe can score from anywhere at the moment.

Home advantage will be key - Glasgow have only won once at the RDS in 7 attempts.

Leinster by 10.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 09 May 2012, 4:22 pm

According to yahoo weather (other weather is available) it will be dry with sun breaking through the clouds.

Leinster v Ospreys I reckon by the way.

We haven't beaten Glasgow this year in the league (beat them twice in cup competition), but with this team, in this form, i think we'll put them away.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Wed 09 May 2012, 4:55 pm

Leinster v Hairspreys.

SF- Leinster by 10- 15
SF- Ospreys by 10-15

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed 09 May 2012, 4:56 pm

Seeing the standard of ref's the Ospreys have been exposed too this year playing Irish teams will determine if they get beyond the semi. Clancy and Rowland have been a complete disgrace in the games they have reff'ed Welsh/Irish games this year, as long as a neutral ref is appointed then the Ospreys should get to the final.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by MMC Wed 09 May 2012, 5:01 pm

glamorganalun wrote:Seeing the standard of ref's the Ospreys have been exposed too this year playing Irish teams will determine if they get beyond the semi. Clancy and Rowland have been a complete disgrace in the games they have reff'ed Welsh/Irish games this year, as long as a neutral ref is appointed then the Ospreys should get to the final.

Liberty Stadium, 7.35pm.
Referee: Alain Rolland (IRFU, 52nd competition game)
Assistant Referees: Nigel Owens (WRU), Marius Mitrea (FIR)
Citing Commissioner: Gwyn Bowden (WRU)
TMO: Nigel Whitehouse (WRU)

Cough cough...
MMC
MMC

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed 09 May 2012, 5:13 pm

Munster by 10 points.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 09 May 2012, 6:18 pm

Glasgow by 3 (thanks Wee Dunky) Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 09 May 2012, 6:47 pm

AAaaaaargh, why do the Irish sides ALWAYS get an Irish ref ? Something needs to be done about this post haste as I am fed up with all the biased mud slinging that goes on, if we had impartial refs then there would not be as much arguing, but already on here we are pedicting biased reffing and the game has not even kicked off yet.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed 09 May 2012, 9:25 pm

I watched the Scarlets game against Munster and Rowland was just ignoring the coming in from the side, players being taken out off the ball etc, N Davies complained about the ref's performance and not for the first time.

The choice of ref is making a joke of the league, it seems to be set up to favour the Irish teams this year more than any other time. I know the Scottish refs were poor in the past but they were not bias. Rowland should stick to reff'ing all French or Irish derbies.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 09 May 2012, 9:32 pm

LordDowlais wrote:AAaaaaargh, why do the Irish sides ALWAYS get an Irish ref ? Something needs to be done about this post haste as I am fed up with all the biased mud slinging that goes on, if we had impartial refs then there would not be as much arguing, but already on here we are pedicting biased reffing and the game has not even kicked off yet.
Exactly. Chill the fock out dude.

At least wait until there is bias before you give out. When you go into it with that attitude you are like a child being asked to taste a new food. Making your mind up before it even gets in your mouth. Then when it does.... Guess what? Surprise surprise you don't like it. Why? Because you have made your mind up beforehand.

Poor aul Rollers will only have to look crooked at an Ospreys player.........

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Thu 10 May 2012, 2:02 am

Ospreys should have it sewn up against Munster.

A French ref and 3 of the other officials are all Welsh despite it being a Welsh team playing in Wales.

Definite fix - how do these teams get away with this all the time?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 10 May 2012, 5:58 am

The referee thing is very strange, actually.

Surely it's not beyond the wit of Rabo to get an English or French referee for these matches?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Thu 10 May 2012, 9:12 am

George Carlin wrote:The referee thing is very strange, actually.

Surely it's not beyond the wit of Rabo to get an English or French referee for these matches?

I agree with this. At least it would stop people like Lord D getting his excuses in early!! On our day.... ect ect.

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 10 May 2012, 9:42 am

I fancy Ospreys to win the whole thing, depending on the Heino final goes.

Who'd have thought Ulster would be the only Irish team to win silverware this season eh?..... Very Happy ..... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 10 May 2012, 10:19 am

I think the Biggest surprise would be an Ospreys Glasgow final... Munster Leinster probably the most likely, but any team can win this competition...

I am pretty confident that the Ospreys have the ability to beat the mighty Munster this weekend. I also think the Weegies have a chance to catch Leinster short and book a decent result for Scottish rugby...

Ospreys vs Glasgow final

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Thu 10 May 2012, 10:27 am

Here's hoping it's not Ospreys given the whinging on these threads by their 'fans'.

A Munster/Glasgow final would be good.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 10 May 2012, 11:24 am

maestegmafia wrote:I think the Biggest surprise would be an Ospreys Glasgow final... Munster Leinster probably the most likely, but any team can win this competition...

I'd say Leinster v Ospreys is most likely given the home advantage and current form.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 10 May 2012, 1:42 pm

sugarNspikes wrote:Here's hoping it's not Ospreys given the whinging on these threads by their 'fans'.

I hope that the team that plays the best Rugby wins the comp. If that means Ospreys beating Leinster in the RDS like they (deservedly) did 2 years ago, or Munster beating Leinster in the RDS like they last did.......wow almost 4 years ago. (Or like they deservedly did in Thomond last May) then so be it.

I personally hope Leinster at least make the final so sadly that rules out me backing Glasgow.

Seeing as Glasgow and Ospreys are the only teams to beat Leinster in any competition this year, I would love to beat both on the way to a historic double. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Thu 10 May 2012, 2:44 pm

ROG on he bench. Could this be the beginning of the end? Sad

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 10 May 2012, 2:47 pm

The beginning of the end was Autumn 09...we should be reaching the end of the end by now..... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 10 May 2012, 4:29 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
I hope that the team that plays the best Rugby wins the comp. If that means Ospreys beating Leinster in the RDS like they (deservedly) did 2 years ago, or Munster beating Leinster in the RDS like they last did.......wow almost 4 years ago. (Or like they deservedly did in Thomond last May) then so be it.

I personally hope Leinster at least make the final so sadly that rules out me backing Glasgow.

Seeing as Glasgow and Ospreys are the only teams to beat Leinster in any competition this year, I would love to beat both on the way to a historic double. Smile

Its been a great run-in to the semis... So many good teams all very equal. Leinster had a great season, barely losing a match, as mentioned above, only the O's twice and Weegies the once beat them. Should make very even games for the semis.

Cant wait.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 10 May 2012, 6:40 pm

Poll looking surprisingly conclusive... I think Glasgow and Munster are both just as likely, guess the sensible vote is going for a set of home wins...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 10 May 2012, 7:27 pm

I've gone for Leinster v O's. Had O's got Glasgae in the semis I would've thought differently. These last few matches are going to be tighter than a mouse's bumhole though.

Up the O's! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Fri 11 May 2012, 10:51 am

I went for Munster v Glasgow as I think that Glasgow will beat a weakened Leinster team (after last year's phisycal battle with Ulster) so they might sneak it and I just don't feel confident about Os but it might be my tinted vision.

With the HC final having a big say in some players to NZ this really is last chance to impress for munster players.

(I personaly think the Welsh squad is picked already)

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 11 May 2012, 1:27 pm

Well Brendan, having seen the "weakened Leinster team", have you changed your mind? Smile

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Fri 11 May 2012, 1:35 pm

No Glasgow are a bogey team and they have alot to play for. I just think they will catch them cold in the first 20 mins and just about hold on.

Saying that Leinster will win by 20+ and i'll look like an idiot

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Fri 11 May 2012, 1:52 pm

At present 76% percent of people think Leinster will get to the final, 56% think Ospreys will, 42% Munster and 22% Glasgow. I really think Glasgow will be up for this. It would mean so much to them to win and get to the final. They'll need to win the final itself i think to shadow their Scottish counterparts achievement in the HC.

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 11 May 2012, 2:32 pm

I went for Leinster V Ospreys, but after seeing that Munster will be getting a 16th man on the pitch (again) I have changed my mind.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 11 May 2012, 2:34 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Ospreys should have it sewn up against Munster.

A French ref and 3 of the other officials are all Welsh despite it being a Welsh team playing in Wales.

Definite fix - how do these teams get away with this all the time?

laughing
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 12 May 2012, 10:38 am

sugarNspikes wrote:Here's hoping it's not Ospreys given the whinging on these threads by their 'fans'.

Hope you watched the game, or even maybe attended, it was a fantastic match? Munster were their superb abrasive selves the Ospreys were light of foot in the backs and dynamic upfront.

Allan Rolland lamented his usual pedantic refereeing and surprised us all letting the game flow a bit. It was an open and exciting affaire with counter attacks and great running rugby, some superb tries by both sides.

A real thrill to watch. I think all the Osprey "fans" were thrilled to see their team play such great rugby. Kids were cheering with big "Go Ospreys" banners, the crowd were in great voice with a wonderful chorus of Cwm Rhondda and a few renditions of that wonderful Max Boyce classic, Hymns and Arias. Great turn out by the locals, considering the poor economy in the area, how that affects us all, and how everyones belts have been tightened as a result, this was a treat worth saving for.

But the greatest of all support was the wonderful Munster fans. We were seated near a large group who had flown over together, who regularly travel to watch their boys all around Europe. We, Ospreys "fans" had a great time, sharing jokes both ways, admiring players, discussing rugby, after the game we took them for Fish and Chips and a pint and all swapped emails looking forward to seeing them in a return fixture next year.

Great Night out....! Didn't hear any whinging from the Munster fans or the Ospreys "fans"...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sat 12 May 2012, 10:47 am

Laugh I hear there were just over 10,000 there. That's one heck of a lot of travelling Munster fans.

Oh, and congrats for turning up to a game. Perhaps you should get some kind of award in the Queen's Honour List. You brave lad Smile

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 12 May 2012, 10:57 am

Yes it was a great night out and there were lots of Munster fans who made the trip from West Ireland...!

Great to see the Ospreys do the Triple on Munster, not many teams get that in a season.

Lets hope we can do it over Leinster too.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sat 12 May 2012, 11:04 am

You might well do as Leinster have much bigger fish to fry in the HC final. Technically Leinster have already won the Rabo at a canter, so it might be nice for Ospreys to get something out of the season in the playoffs.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 12 May 2012, 11:44 am

Good Luck to Leinster and Glasgow today... Could be a cracking final.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down