The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is boxing the worst run of all established sports?

+4
Sugar Floyd Louis
Adam D
TRUSSMAN66
Seanusarrilius
8 posters

Go down

Is boxing the worst run of all established sports? Empty Is boxing the worst run of all established sports?

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu May 10, 2012 4:37 am

Although not exactly mainstream these days, boxing is an established sport, that was once great.

But we are plagued by ineptitude and corruption.

Is any sport run worse than ours.

Promoters with only self interst
Managers the same
Dodgy cards
Terrible Reffing
Sanctioning bodies that allow fighters to duck and duck and duck
Alphabelts

Seriously, which sports are run as badly as ours.

Now the BBBC are trying to block Haye v Chisora by threatening to ban anyone who involves themselves in it.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Is boxing the worst run of all established sports? Empty Re: Is boxing the worst run of all established sports?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu May 10, 2012 4:40 am

Soccer isn't much better.....I mean how do you give the World cup to Qatar.....A place where football is played by wallies...the temperature will be 40 celsius and nobody will be able to watch!!!!

English Cricket sells out to Stanford for the right price....too

and they say Boxing is bent!!!!!!!!!!

Yes is the answer but not by much.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Is boxing the worst run of all established sports? Empty Re: Is boxing the worst run of all established sports?

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu May 10, 2012 4:42 am

Ha, so we're all rubbish basically.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu May 10, 2012 4:43 am

Promoters with only self interest - Football agents
Managers the same - Football managers
Dodgy cards - Sepp Blatter/ FIFA
Terrible Reffing - Any weekend of action
Sanctioning bodies that allow fighters to duck and duck and duck - Teams fielding weakened teams
Alphabelts - Europa League and Carling Cup anyone?

But on the whole, I still think boxing is run more badly!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Thu May 10, 2012 4:46 am

Without doubt for me, one organisation running it would be a massive step for starters. It's got so bad that we've come to the point that we're not even that bothered when things go wrong and sort of expect it.

Imagine for some reason in 2008 when both were at their peak; Federer and Djokovic just not getting to face each other due to purse disputes, testing or some other nonsense. You just can't even imagine it!

Is this part of the problem? Forget the fact Tennis is run by one organisation and this scenario is highly unlikely, I doubt Tennis fans would have it at all. We may just be too tolerant!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu May 10, 2012 4:52 am

I think whoever runs Darts is doing a wonderful job.........

Getting thousands to watch arrows going into a board is certainly worthy of praise......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu May 10, 2012 4:55 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think whoever runs Darts is doing a wonderful job.........

Getting thousands to watch arrows going into a board is certainly worthy of praise......

Agreed. There is money in darts, how the hell?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Thu May 10, 2012 4:58 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think whoever runs Darts is doing a wonderful job.........

That'll be Mr Hearn, of Prizefighter fame of course.

I think so many of boxing's problems would be solved if there was only one (or two) governing bodies. There wouldn't be so much ducking, you'd think there would be less corruption and the standard of refereeing would surely be higher. We can dream...

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Thu May 10, 2012 4:59 am

Yes!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu May 10, 2012 5:33 am

I would say yes, it is the worst run of any established sport I can think of.

Certainly you can say things against other sports. But, at the end of the day, football, tennis, cricket, rugby, etc, etc frequently have the best playing the best - this is something we lack in boxing. It's absolutely killing the sport.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu May 10, 2012 8:44 am

definetly. i could list reasons all day. there are so many i dont know where to start.

referee blunders happen in almost every major fight with dire results, most off which are forgot almost immediately by governing bodys.

all the top judges are at best terrible at their jobs to the extent of been incompetent, and at worst corrupted to the bone and score fights to the highest bidder.

athletes at any sport should never ever be the ones who dictate who they play and what they'll get paid for it.

the amount of world champions is ridiculous, WBA/WBC/WBO/IBF/RING not to mention the others similar sounding bodys, i dont even know who many weight divisions there are now, probably at least 15, then with each body having super, regular, international, recess and whatever else each i make that a conservative estimate of 195 possible world champions in boxing at the same time. its pathetic.

most top fighters box 3 times a year, if they average 8 rounds a time they fight 72 mins in the ring per year. its such a slow pace following fighters it can be off putting.

all that along with peds, prison sentences, extortionate ppv's, mismatchs, stay at home champions, way to donimant champions, ducking and avoiding, board turf wars, early stoppages, twitter wars, fighters boxing way past there prime and the unsocial hours that its shown in the uk- means boxing needs big changes that arent guna come any time soon.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down