The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Revolution is Coming (contains spoilers)

+24
The Awesome Giz
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF
MtotheC
Shot 21 LCFC
DonIffy
Dr Gregory House MD
JamesLincs
Adam D
Gregers
VDT
theundisputedY2D2
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Lee
Gcass
Hero
Crimey
hodge
goldustismyhero
The_Enigma
Beer
Mr H
Amy
Ché Guerrero
Fernando
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Revolution is Coming  (contains spoilers) Empty A Revolution is Coming (contains spoilers)

Post by Fernando Thu 10 May 2012, 4:05 pm

WWE has debuted a new viral campaign over at WWE.com, which is promoting that "A Revolution is Coming." Below is video footage of the viral clip
A Revolution suggests change. Such a statement is intriguing and opens up a whole host of possibilities. It draws the fans to suggest our own conclusions with various directions and outcomes… A new management on the horizon? Can we expect to see an NWO or Nexus style revolt from a group of unhappy wrestlers tired of the current regime? Perhaps a new stable is WWE bound, intending to make their mark or even take over the WWE? Or even just an individual looking to make an impact. Or something less interesting like the WWE Network?

Source: Wrestlezone/Youtube

Last edited by Fernando on Thu 10 May 2012, 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

A Revolution is Coming  (contains spoilers) Empty Re: A Revolution is Coming (contains spoilers)

Post by Ché Guerrero Thu 10 May 2012, 4:20 pm

dont want to be pessimistic but that does just look like a creative advert for the WWE network

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

A Revolution is Coming  (contains spoilers) Empty Re: A Revolution is Coming (contains spoilers)

Post by Amy Thu 10 May 2012, 4:22 pm

its hade vansen finally coming for the undertaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGlvsG8ab0w

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 10 May 2012, 4:59 pm

Apparently its all to do with the Dean Ambrose debut.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 10 May 2012, 5:02 pm

Mr H wrote:Apparently its all to do with the Dean Ambrose debut.

And Seth Rollins.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 10 May 2012, 5:17 pm

Maybe the both of them? Coming in as a tag team or perhaps part of a stable. I'm not so sure its the WWE Network, I heard that they were planning for that to launch around November time. It would be such a let down if it was the date the WWE Network airs Rolling Eyes

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by goldustismyhero Thu 10 May 2012, 6:14 pm

is it me or does the video look abit old school d-x??

think they may go with an angle of brock and heyman literally destroying the roster alongside John laringitus then with hhh returning to lead a new stable of d-x, a more serious one to include such debuting stars as seth rollins and dean ambrose to give them the rub of a massive storyline?

goldustismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by goldustismyhero Thu 10 May 2012, 6:15 pm

or the red x? something to do with punk?

goldustismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 10 May 2012, 7:51 pm

group of guys with indy background?

starts with Rollins, Ambrose, kings of wrestling tag team? wwe names ohno and cesaro is it?

They don't get far on their own so persuade Bryan to join their cause which sees them elevated but they can't quite break through yet and not quite there so when Jonny screws Punk out of the title he joins the group as well?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 10 May 2012, 8:05 pm

No doubts it'll be forgotten about in about a month as they have a change of mind and instead Ambrose is debuted as a special needs red-neck, who can only wrestle if his manager Seth Rollins, who is in a wheelchair sings for him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 May 2012, 8:05 pm

I know that if it is Ambrose I'll be needing new pants the night he debuts.

I can honestly say I cannot remember a debut I've been this looking forward to.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 8:39 pm

Evening chaps, long time no speak Hero.

I can't help but think this will have something to do with the return of Wade Barrett. If you look closely at the video there are a lot of British references, it starts with poll tax demonstrations, the miners strike is in there as are some riots involving British police from the 80s by the look of it and the final scene had Davey boy Smith in the background.

Wasn't Wade due a major push prior to his leg break?

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu 10 May 2012, 8:55 pm

Hey G! how's it hangin

Lee

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Thu 10 May 2012, 8:58 pm

Mr T says hi Gcass

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 8:59 pm

Short, shrivelled and slightly to the left.

Not bad mate, you? Had a hectic few months with nothing but fleeting glances at the board. Good to be back!

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 9:00 pm

And my very best to you and Mr Tooze, how's he keeping?

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Thu 10 May 2012, 9:05 pm

hes alright thanks G.
apart from this bug thats going round.

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 May 2012, 9:06 pm

Welcome back G to the Cass. Hope all is treating you well!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 9:20 pm

Not bad mate. Dusting my tux off for an awards ceremony tomorrow night (well, Mrs Cass is), the local authority Building Control version of the slammies!

What do you reckon to my theory? By the way, I hope I'm wrong and you're right as Dean Ambrose may single handidly bring the WWE back to its former glory (providing he's allowed to run with his character).

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 10 May 2012, 9:32 pm

Gcass wrote: Dean Ambrose may single handidly bring the WWE back to its former glory (providing he's allowed to run with his character).

Welcome back GCass, but I've got to ask, Is that a serious comment?
Because its a ridiculous statement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 9:52 pm

No more ridiculous than Heath Slater being a singles champion by the next Wrestlemania.

I personally think Ambrose has the potential to be the next breakout superstar. That's just my opinion mind, I've really enjoyed his FCW promos and the matches I've seen him in. I might be wrong, he may be tut, he may crash and burn. That's the beauty of characters in wrestling, they appeal to different people on different levels. It's all subjective.

How are you keeping ED?

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 10 May 2012, 9:57 pm

The cynic in me thinks that some people big up people like Ambrose exponentially so that when the WWE inevitably messes up their booking they can complain even more.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 May 2012, 9:58 pm

I will more surprised that Ambrose hasn't got a world title under his belt within his first year of being on our screens than not.

I think the only thing that could possibly work against him, is him and being able to keep his character within the remits of WWE and the younger audience.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 10:00 pm

Hence your theory Hero. A revolution is coming.

Still think it is Wade though.

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Thu 10 May 2012, 10:02 pm

its hade vansen, it really is Wink

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu 10 May 2012, 10:02 pm

Gcass wrote:Short, shrivelled and slightly to the left.

Not bad mate, you? Had a hectic few months with nothing but fleeting glances at the board. Good to be back!

You coming back to 6WF????

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 10:04 pm

That's a good point Crimey. I can only go on what I've seen of Ambrose do far and in a non man love kind of way I haven't been this excited about a wrestler in years. In fact I'd go as far as saying this is the most anticipated debut (for me) since the mankind vignettes.

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 May 2012, 10:04 pm

They have already trademarked 'Fear My Name' for Ambrose as well, don't quite know how that ties in with 'Revolution' though

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 May 2012, 10:05 pm

On another note if it is instead Chris Hero that is 'Revolution' then I know for certain they read 6WF.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 10:06 pm

That's the beauty of the Shadow, did he ever really leave or has he just been quietly watching, waiting.......... ghost

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu 10 May 2012, 10:07 pm

.......so yes? lol

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 10 May 2012, 10:33 pm

I'm great cheers GCass.
Good retort on Slater. I fear I will never be able to criticise an opinion with any credibility again Laugh

I have no doubt Ambrose will be huge, if WWE want him to be then he will be. I just thought the "single handedly take WWE back to the glory days" thing was a bit over the top. I genuinely thought you were being sarcastic. Given that WWE has been on fire of late, without him in it at all. One person is never going to define an era, or be able to improve a product alone. He may come to be a star in a new golden era, but the groundwork is already happening week upon week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 10:45 pm

Fair play ED. My comment maybe went a little bit far in bigging him up. We need to let him walk before he can run and I can see why people are sceptical despite his enormous potential.

This is the 'e' after all and he isn't built like any of McMahons monsters. But, there is a lot to be excited about at the moment and it's difficult not to get carried away in the excitement. I rate him very highly!

Does anyone have an opinion on my British revolution theory. Could Wade be coming back with a stable of British wrestlers including the likes of Drew and some new blood (we need Tooze (Mr or Mrs)) to give us the heads up on potential British talent.

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Thu 10 May 2012, 10:49 pm

PAC was at the April TV Tapings, so keep an eye out there

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 May 2012, 10:49 pm

Are there any other Brit wrestlers in development at present in FCW?

All I can think of Britani Knight.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 May 2012, 10:51 pm

PAC would be a fantastic guy to get in, the spot monkey fans would blow their minds on him.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Thu 10 May 2012, 10:52 pm

Britani is the only one so far.

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 10:53 pm

Maybe a David Hart Smith reboot as part of the package too. The video ends with stone cold looking at Davey Smith with the Canadian flag waving in the background (too far fetched?).

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 10 May 2012, 10:56 pm

I think the Wade Barrett theory is a good call, GCass. Especially as you pointed out the British images in the vignette. I hadn't noticed that when I watched it, and they must be there for a reason. (Even if its a slight of hand)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 11:03 pm

I genuinely think this is where they are going with this one. I also think Drew will be involved as the cross is reminiscent of the Scottish flag with English colours. The video is packed from start to finish with British references.

I hope they give Wade a push as I rate him highly. I'll be honest (and maybe controversial), I don't rate wastelands as a finisher. If he was given a destructive finisher he would (in my opinion) have the makings of a world class monster heel (he has the skill set, size and mic ability).

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 10 May 2012, 11:09 pm

Hadn't he begun changing the use of Wastelands as a finisher to the "Winds of Change" just before he got injured?

I'm with you. I rate him massively. His mic work is outstanding. And I would have loved to see him face Orton at Wrestlemania. They were starting up a great feud. (I still believe Kane was a rush replacement for Barrett, though never read any confirmation)

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 10 May 2012, 11:16 pm

Barrett is in line for a big push apparantly when he returns

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 10 May 2012, 11:18 pm

He's due back in time for the MITB PPV which is mid July seems rather early to be pulling something like this

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 11:18 pm

Ah, right. More conspiracy theory now, bare with me ED as you've piqued my interest with your comment.

The 'winds of change' are often caused as a result of a revolution (do you like what I did there?).

I saw a thread the other day about who could Brock conceivably feud with down the line. Given a push, I think Wade has the physical attributes and skill set to have a believable, attritional feud with Brock (providing he isn't buried).

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 11:19 pm

Got to say Fernando, very good thread mate!

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 11:23 pm

6 weeks to the beginning of July and with Barretts mic skills he could conceivably come back without any matches for a few weeks to build up a rivalry (with Punk?) prior to winning the briefcase with a same night cash in.

A revolution is coming!

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 10 May 2012, 11:28 pm

Winds of Change : Revolution... Its certainly possible

This video has clearly done its job already!

I was thinking about Brock Lesnar, and wondering if him breaking people's arms be linked to Wade Barrett breaking his? Could there be some sort of alliance there?

Imagine Barrett and Lesnar together. Two men who have held up the WWE previously and ultimately failed, now holding it up together? They would be ferocious together.

I'm drawing connecting lines between dots that probably aren't there now. Fun to speculate though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 May 2012, 11:33 pm

Most of the dirt sheets are speculating that it is Ambrose.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 11:33 pm

Ooh, I hadn't thought about them standing together. Now that is interesting!

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by Gcass Thu 10 May 2012, 11:35 pm

The video has certainly done its job as I can't get away from all the British references.

Gcass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next