The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Pointless Thought

+7
Effervescing Elephant
Dontheman
aucklandlaurie
nganboy
Geordie
Biltong
anotherworldofpain
11 posters

Go down

Next Pointless Thought Empty Next Pointless Thought

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 10 May 2012, 9:02 pm

Hello patient friends of the world in rugby,

So is still raining and not much rugby going on Thursday, but all anticipate the international and end of season finals and watching the super rugby to watch how are the best three in the world going to look.

In the mean time I have another small thought to pass the gloomful day:

Who is most willing to throw out the clothes and change for new one colors? My mind must be my new country, England again.

In sevens we see England in white, or ^tequilla sunrise^ or sometime red and also recent time in some kind of shade of blue. Also 15 team play in all spectrum from white to ^all black^ for the world cup.

Mostly other teams sticking to just one or two traditional colors and not changing like a raindbow or bukalemun. Am I wrong? or is there better display by some country?

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Next Pointless Thought Empty Re: Next Pointless Thought

Post by Biltong Thu 10 May 2012, 10:54 pm

Well the Bulls recently went pink. A pretty bright eyesore pink.

Other than that the Boks will most likely stick to their green and change to white if they play Ireland.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 10 May 2012, 11:07 pm

Well the quins cant make their mind up... Very Happy

The only team i can think of Stadt Francais...changing their flowery shirts more than i care to think....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Fri 11 May 2012, 2:05 am

biltongbek wrote:Well the Bulls recently went pink. A pretty bright eyesore pink.

Other than that the Boks will most likely stick to their green and change to white if they play Ireland.

Yes manhood in SA must be changing rapidly for the Bulls to be in pink.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 11 May 2012, 3:00 am

anotherworldofpain

Not only has your new Country got an "all Black" jersey, but soon theyre going to have 3 Kiwis on the front.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Fri 11 May 2012, 6:45 am

Har Har. Remember when England turned out all in black for the WC andc the numbers came off?

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 11 May 2012, 7:08 am

nganboy wrote:
biltongbek wrote:Well the Bulls recently went pink. A pretty bright eyesore pink.

Yes manhood in SA must be changing rapidly for the Bulls to be in pink.

There has never been so many closet doors opening since the Bulls wore pink for the first time. They endorsed it is OK, somehow I just don't see their slogan "our blood is blue" change though. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Fri 11 May 2012, 7:32 am

Dontheman wrote:Har Har. Remember when England turned out all in black for the WC andc the numbers came off?

Follow closely by wheels.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri 11 May 2012, 11:04 am

I wonder if the whole 'all black' change shirt and the furore it caused had anything to do with the change in sponsor quite soon after.
I defended the shirt at the time because i was sick of the media doing everything they could to derail England but with hindsight it was a clusterf@ck of galactic proportions!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 11 May 2012, 4:49 pm

I think the IRB needs to step in and create some clear guidelines for test jerseys particularly the home strip. Now it seems we are at the mercy of the private companies who change styles and colours to increase sales and ride over the traditions of the game. We now have the Nike France strip too similar to the AB strip which requires one team to use their away strip. Only Scotland in the past required a different strip for the ABs. I think all teams should be made to keep their traditional colour and stick with it. Change the collar or make it even more extra hugging so it looks as though it's painted on but don't mess with the original colour. The away strip on the other hand I don't really care about. Just make sure that it doesn't clash with the other like the Scotland AB fiasco in the World Cup.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 11 May 2012, 5:12 pm

I think sometimes Sponsorships can dictate what colour your teams away kit is. I think that is why Wales previous away jersey was an awful yellow. It is now black (much sexier).

Cardiff Blues are Blue and their away kit was right. Then on an occassion it was pink, something to do with raising money for cancer awareness I think; and it has been pink ever since.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 11 May 2012, 5:18 pm

Morgannwg wrote:I think sometimes Sponsorships can dictate what colour your teams away kit is. I think that is why Wales previous away jersey was an awful yellow. It is now black (much sexier).

Cardiff Blues are Blue and their away kit was right. Then on an occassion it was pink, something to do with raising money for cancer awareness I think; and it has been pink ever since.

Not so sure about the word sexier and rugby mate. Maybe your fellow national Cari can get away with that when describing her AB favourite Kahui but it doesn't quite work with Adam Jones! Black represents evil and death and funnily enough that springs to mind for many people when they think of the ABs.

I have no qualms with the away jersey changing. Just keep the original colours. There's nothing worse than seeing a home game with fans wearing about 10 different home strips.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Fri 11 May 2012, 5:47 pm

England's home shirt has never been anything other than white as the main colour and red as the secondary colour though, as far as I can recollect.

It was England's away kit that people kicked up a stink about, even though it was the polar opposite to the home kit (so there's no chance of a clash).

I still can't believe so much was made of it.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 11 May 2012, 5:58 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:Hello patient friends of the world in rugby,

So is still raining and not much rugby going on Thursday, but all anticipate the international and end of season finals and watching the super rugby to watch how are the best three in the world going to look.

In the mean time I have another small thought to pass the gloomful day:

Who is most willing to throw out the clothes and change for new one colors? My mind must be my new country, England again.

In sevens we see England in white, or ^tequilla sunrise^ or sometime red and also recent time in some kind of shade of blue. Also 15 team play in all spectrum from white to ^all black^ for the world cup.

Mostly other teams sticking to just one or two traditional colors and not changing like a raindbow or bukalemun. Am I wrong? or is there better display by some country?

You apparently judging by the number of countries youve pretended to be from recently

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 11 May 2012, 6:10 pm

Pretended Peter? Don't tell me Grey Ghost is back...
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Mon 14 May 2012, 1:23 pm

I judge again on the 7s weekend. I like now Nike upset about decision to change the tailor for the 15s team and try to humiliating England.

This yellow socks with white shorts was just the abyss of style for me.

Then the blue with white dotted line down the middle front of shirt was just like provide the road marking for Fiji players to driving down.

When Fiji players scoring the try, they proudly rubbing on the Fiji tree on the shirt. Contrasting my mind is England lose by pupose to get off to the field and into change the clothings!

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down