The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora vs Haye - Purse details

+6
Seanusarrilius
jammin
Herman Jaeger
Super D Boon
azania
oneorthree
10 posters

Go down

Chisora vs Haye - Purse details Empty Chisora vs Haye - Purse details

Post by oneorthree Fri 11 May 2012, 11:57 am

i dont post on here all that often anymore (used to post on the old) but im sure some of you will know from posts i have sparred with and share mutual friends with Derek Chisora.

I found out yesterday evening that Derek is on a £850k garuntee + % of boxnation new subscribers for the fight and Haye got a £1.5m garuntee + similar (but larger) back end %'s.
Is it does the projected numbers Chisora should gross about 1.15m and Haye 2.5m.

Upton Park, German TV, The Sun sponsorship + various other income streams (smaller sponsors, boxnation new subscribers, commerical ads) add up to frank warren grossing around £5m for the fight.

As always in boxing the reason this fight is taking place is for one reason and one reason only. This has happened for 100 years so i cant reallyunderstand the public outcry.

I dont particularly think its a great fight, but with Fury fighting bums, Price's career stalling a bit (although i think he is the best prospect we have had in 10 years and will beat sexton handily) and a lack of decent heavyweight boxing out there at the moment i will watch this...

oneorthree

Back to top Go down

Chisora vs Haye - Purse details Empty Re: Chisora vs Haye - Purse details

Post by azania Fri 11 May 2012, 12:06 pm

I think its a great matchup and will be an exciting fight, Mainly because of Chisora who walks forward and comes to fight. I described this as a poor man's Ali/Frazier with the bad blood.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 11 May 2012, 12:10 pm

That's a pretty decent analogy actually Azania.

I hope Chisora does it as it would help his career enormously. Haye is already rich and I can't stand the guy anyway. Del Boy is a bad man but has a soul. Haye is just rotten to the core. Go Del Boy!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 11 May 2012, 2:26 pm

No one's saying this is a fight between two top 5 guys in their class, what it is a good domestic between two of the top four heavies in the country, that's attracting a fair amount of attention.

You do wonder what this would be like if it was on ITV. Wonder what the viewing figures would be. 10 million? More? Boxing dead? No way.

Also, you do wonder if Warren should make this one free to air. Would it not be a great advertisement for his channel? A chance to win hearts and minds, unlike when he started the channel, getting off to a bad start with the Cotto- Marg 2 thing? Remember. It was going to be a one month contract, then last minute, no warning, had to be six months.

If I was Warren, might just be tempted to make this free to air, with a view to the long term success of the channel. Might not have an opportunity like this again for a lomg time.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by jammin Fri 11 May 2012, 2:40 pm

Super D Boon wrote:That's a pretty decent analogy actually Azania.

I hope Chisora does it as it would help his career enormously. Haye is already rich and I can't stand the guy anyway. Del Boy is a bad man but has a soul. Haye is just rotten to the core. Go Del Boy!

Del Boy is a bad man but has a soul? Think I just fell sick in my mouth...

jammin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 3:32 pm

Purse details? I thought this was all handbags at five paces!

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 11 May 2012, 3:33 pm

Are Boxnation doing this as a free to air for their current subscribers? In the hope they get loads more for the fight, or PPV.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by alfredperami Fri 11 May 2012, 3:46 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Are Boxnation doing this as a free to air for their current subscribers? In the hope they get loads more for the fight, or PPV.

Bit of both as for may-cotto I would think, £15 one off or £10 rolling which didn’t make sense to me unless it is almost impossible to cancel the channel.
alfredperami
alfredperami

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 11 May 2012, 4:13 pm

alfredperami wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Are Boxnation doing this as a free to air for their current subscribers? In the hope they get loads more for the fight, or PPV.

Bit of both as for may-cotto I would think, £15 one off or £10 rolling which didn’t make sense to me unless it is almost impossible to cancel the channel.

Yeah was wondering how they would do it.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 11 May 2012, 4:34 pm

no wonder the fight is happening. haye was told the numbers then signed straight away.

all that 'i'll only return for a k-bro' is nonsense. i'll only return for the right money is what he meant.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 11 May 2012, 4:53 pm

OasisBFC wrote:no wonder the fight is happening. haye was told the numbers then signed straight away.

all that 'i'll only return for a k-bro' is nonsense. i'll only return for the right money is what he meant.

I said exactly this last night to a mate. Can't blame him!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 11 May 2012, 5:10 pm

OasisBFC wrote:no wonder the fight is happening. haye was told the numbers then signed straight away.

According to Haye he's been pestered in the street to take out the trash! Laugh I bet not one person has approached him.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 11 May 2012, 5:34 pm

Super D Boon wrote:

According to Haye he's been pestered in the street to take out the trash! Laugh I bet not one person has approached him.

Will be the same people who were begging him to fight Audley, how come they get their wish but I have been wanting him to fight Russell Brand for years but my pleas fall on deaf ears.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 11 May 2012, 5:39 pm

rowley wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:

Will be the same people who were begging him to fight Audley, how come they get their wish but I have been wanting him to fight Russell Brand for years but my pleas fall on deaf ears.

Because they're big mates I think. Brand qualifies as the biggest A-hole in showbiz whilst My Haye is the equivalent in the sports world. They have too much in common to fight each other.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down